Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Bad John October 9th 2013, 8:14 pm

Just add water, and exponential growth!

Perhaps on land, Levi is a speedy, mostly featureless serpent, but once in water, the demon fully takes over, granting limited control but incredible power.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 9th 2013, 10:47 pm

Alright, so this is what we have so far.

Lucifer? Check.
    Beelzebub? Check.
    Satan? Check.
    Asmodeus? Check.
    Mammon? Check.

Leviathan? In progress.
    Belephgor? In progress.

I'll whip up some character templates (later, and with the exception of Lucifer and Alejandro/Satan) and then we can bounce those between each before deciding on a finalized form to put in the character thread (for future reference). Of course, if you think up something before I do, feel free to post it here and we can compare notes.

Is that cool with you gentlemen, since I won't be able to find time to being writing my post until late Friday evening?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 9th 2013, 11:01 pm

It's fine with me. :D
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 9th 2013, 11:12 pm

By the way, a little drawing of Jordan's "Rockette Beta" costume.

https://i.imgur.com/IZ1BJr0.jpg

It even has the team cloth on the arm. What was the team's name again?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 11th 2013, 4:36 am

Check it out! I got a nice little picture of Al as "tamed" Demon saluting with the flag of his beloved country as the background.

Al is a bit of a patriot at heart, and despite what his government has done to him, he would still die to protect his country because he considers it his home.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean he'll do it blindly. He's in it for the people more than anything.

Anyways, I killed two bird with one stone. I got a picture of Al for you folks to see (it may seem kinda weird... but that's the point) and a possible flag design.

Note: You may need to open the image in a new tab to see all of it. Database can't take wide pictures it seems.

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 17 Patrio10

If you're wondering about the dark spots, that's normal for Demon. The energy always shifts around, so those darker spots are usually never in one place. I just chose them at random for this picture.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 11th 2013, 2:07 pm

...I've been one up'd.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 11th 2013, 3:10 pm

Bad John wrote:...I've been one up'd.
    I wouldn't say THAT.

It's like comparing apples to oranges. I'm no artist, I'm just an editor.

I can barely draw a perfect circle Razz

But any comments on it, be it on Al or the flag?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 11th 2013, 3:15 pm

Al's Controlled Demon form is way buffer than I imagined. Razz

Makes sense though.

The flag is dope. I like it. It's fitting.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 11th 2013, 4:58 pm

Bad John wrote:Al's Controlled Demon form is way buffer than I imagined. Razz

Makes sense though.

The flag is dope. I like it. It's fitting.
    The more control Al has over the Demon, the more it looks like a human.

So "wild" Demon doesn't have any noticeable muscle mass, just pure energy covering everything. It IS large, and strong, but it doesn't have noticeable muscles, kinda like a Polar Bear!

"Tame" Demon relies more on Alejandro, so it has to augment what it has. It can't tap into it's large reservoirs of energy since Al is keeping that in check.

The Demon we'll see in this fight is somewhere between those two. A more human appearance will be there, but it won't be as well defined. It will have claws for hands and feet however, and a somewhat less thick tail (relative to "wild" Demon).

So more muscles = less power. Ironic, isn't it? I suppose it's also a good reminder that even the strongest humans pale in comparison to a Meta.

I guess you could say Al is "too human" and squandering his potential. Or least that's what Lucifer would say Twisted Evil 
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 11th 2013, 5:01 pm

Hot damn. That's really well thought out.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 12th 2013, 2:46 pm

New Avatar! Very Happy

Been poking around with pixel art again, so I slapped something together.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 12th 2013, 10:32 pm

You missed a spot. The pixel in the O is still white.

Or is it supposed to be white???
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 12th 2013, 10:33 pm

It's supposed to be. It matches the 8 bit sword. Very Happy
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 12th 2013, 10:41 pm

OHHH. I dunno why but I thought of John from a simple story when I saw it. Probably the sword.

Anyways, I was thinking... Should we have a list of important vocabulary? Like "editing", "seeding", "D.E.M.O.N", "KMC"?

As for team name... I still got nothing. We'll need one soon though in terms of plot progression though. After this battle the team will pretty much be public won't it? The other two battles occurred during a lot of chaos (e.g. Military involvement, skyscrapers falling, etc).

I suggested HERO (High-speed Emergency Response Operators)?

We could also do...

Meta-Human
    Aggression
    Response
    Squad

Super powered
    Containment
    And
    Repulsion
    Enforcement

KMC
    Assault
    Team

That's all I got.

Last edited by Manny on October 12th 2013, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 12th 2013, 11:38 pm

Hero is good. Very Happy

I was wondering, what if instead of just being prideful, and believing that Metas are the best thing since sliced bread, Lucifer, on some level, was RIGHT?

Maybe he sees the government for what it is: a corrupt amalgamation of solipsistic, paranoid monsters who kill and capture children for possessing power they can't understand, and try to wield that power for themselves?

Maybe he sees the Metahumans, and the Demons Especially, as tools for change. People with the strength to stop the government from seeking its own interests.

His methodology would be...grim, considering the ends he's willing to go to, but he's actually working towards a happy ending with a stronger, fairer world, led by the people with the power to keep the greedy, influential minority in line?

In the end, Jordan would still consider him evil. Even if you're RIGHT, if willing to kill innocent people to make your dream come true, in Jordan's mind, you're evil.

Even after the Heroes stopped Lucifer, they may have to face that gross government themselves. It may even be a harsher, more difficult battle.

Or it could be a three way battle between those forces! Very Happy
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 13th 2013, 7:00 pm

I don't see why not. It'd be cool.

And it's most certainly be interesting for Al, considering what his government did to him.

A little background info: Al, being a minority, wasn't exactly living the "New England dream" to begin with. He loves his nation, but he isn't quite happy with his government (for obvious reasons).

As for fighting the government...

If we were to include the government as an active faction... I had an idea in the works. It was supposed to be Al's sequel to H&D, kinda like Iron Man 3 and the Avengers. It could work as a story arc as well, or another Collab sequel when we're ready.

The main plot point would be the government steps it's game up and decides, that after the countless damage done by Demons over the course of H&D, Demons are too dangerous to be left alive and at large.

So begins a "genocide" of Demons. Demons are incredibly hard to kill but using energy directed attacks prove to be FAR more effective than conventional weaponry. Things such as Jordan's energy blaster, Martini's energy bolts, lightning, and nukes would fall into the category of weapons with sufficient energy to harm a Demon... The faster it take downs a Demon depends on how much energy can be outputted over a short amount of time. So nukes are most effective here, but if Flash were to punch a Demon non stop, the Kinetic energy alone would be enough.

So the UPNE has a new project to keep Demons in line: project A.N.G.E.L (Agressive National Guardians and Enforcers of Law).

ANGELS are basically what you get when you fuse Master Chief, Iron Man, and Cyborg. A biologically augmented soldier, further augmented via edits, and given state of the art technology and armour.

Equipped with "energy armour" and directed energy weapons (e.g. Lasers, hard light, sonic weaponry, maybe some next level flamethrowers, light sabres Smile, etc) the ANGELs are able to go toe to toe with the DEMONs. However ANGELs operate in squads, giving them an advantage over the solitary nature of a DEMON (Lucifer's crew being an exception due to a common goal).

The UPNE demonizes the DEMONs through the media, and gets public approval to hunt them down. So begins the "genocide" I mentioned.

If we wanted to use this as a story arc, it could begin with a DEMON being publicly hunted down. Which would lead to a lot of unease in the KMC, since it's public knowledge that they have a DEMON with them. Which could lead to an assault on the KMC base in an attempt to capture Al?

After that, the only thing I got is Al and Lucifer (maybe) joining forces to save the rest of their "kind"?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 13th 2013, 7:53 pm

Since most DEMONS are outright monsters, and a lot of them are villains, they'd be technically right in beginning a hunt, but it'd certainly behoove the KMC to defend Al. He is, after all, family.

The KMC's mobility, manpower, hardiness (the physical structure is nearly impossible to penetrate, ever since the Alpha Attack), and the HEROES would make that an interesting battle for the Government.

I'd say, in the end, it'd take a moral victory in order to win. Maybe Al could preform some public act of restraint, mercy, or magnanimousness that could prove that not all Demons are mindless, or villains.

Jordan would probably publically speak out against the hunting but be ignored. The moment they try to physically STOP the Government, they'd be breaking the law, and it'd be ON.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 13th 2013, 9:00 pm

I like to think the lesser ones, plus Al, are troubled.

I still haven't decided how many there are.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 13th 2013, 9:02 pm

...When I think about it, you're right.

Even Angel, who was brutally murdered, was simply a mentally ill gentleman who wouldn't be in control of his thoughts or actions regardless. Most mentally ill people aren't even dangerous. :(

I kinda feel bad for my depiction of a mentally ill person as a mindless monster, but the demon inside him did technically have full control, save for the obvious fear reaction that Angel had when facing Al.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 14th 2013, 12:26 am

Most DEMONs had it forced on them. Some were less morally upright than others, but no one asked for it. Those whom I, personally, wouldn't classify as monsters are the lesser ones.

Angel should never have been experimented on due to his weak mental state so he was a victim of his Demon as much anyone else.

Even those that are shadier in nature, like Enrique, aren't exactly psychopaths. Enrique IS a criminal at heart, but he has limits. For example, Enrique would never EAT someone. Shoot them? Sure. Stab them? Sure. Eat them? Fuck that. He's like any other criminal. He's has SOME sort of moral compass, the law simply doesn't factor into it.

The Seven Princes are an exception because they were meant to the baddest of bad. How the hosts goes about dealing with that is up to them. Lucifer managed to turn it to his favour, Al is fighting against it, and someone like Mammon may just give in.

I'd label the government as the mindless monsters for creating the project, and then trying to clean up their mess by doing away with it rather than trying to actually find a legitimate solution. They should have seen this coming but they went ahead and did it anyways.

The Demon hosts are just as much of a victim as anyone else. Some simply couldn't fight it, and others were distorted by it.

It doesn't excuse them for not being held accountable for their actions, but calling them monsters is a little far. These are my babies John!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 14th 2013, 1:48 am

In the immortal words of Mikasa, "This world is cruel, but also beautiful." :'[

Alejandro, a victim, is going to step up and reach out to people as a hero. Maybe, learning from the dehumanization of Demons, the group could start collecting unstable demons, incapacitating and containing them until they can be truly healed. Smile That'd be quite heroic.

On another note, my OC, Saddle a character in a RWBY collab forum, just got called a "Cutie Patootie."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 14th 2013, 2:21 am

That'd also put them at odds with the government... And in favour with Lucifer, wherever he may be at that time.

Assuming that happens in the second story arch.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 14th 2013, 2:24 am

I presume so. Other than Al, nobody at KMC really knows what a Demon technically IS. They'll need time to learn about the existing demons before they decide on that.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 14th 2013, 12:53 pm

So I'm a few paragraphs into my post.

Any requests? I'll probably be done it in a few days. Chem midterm Wednesday, but I'll have the Greyhound bus ride to work on my post.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 14th 2013, 1:23 pm

Make it super cool.

And have Jordan blink at some point, or his eyes will get dry.

ACTUAL request, though, maybe have Vance enter the fray as well.

But if you could have Jordan blink, that'd be great.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 1:24 pm