Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+12
WOLF
Impanther
dragon of darkness
Splazer Zero
foxyfoxy90
It's Kruger
zman007playr
Spinal Clerk
Doctor Jensen
I_IRONMAN_I
Manny
Bad John
16 posters

Discuss Anything

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Discuss Anything  - Page 42 Empty Re: Discuss Anything

Post  Manny September 12th 2017, 9:22 pm

My deepest condolences John.

I still miss my cat and it's been six years since he died. Finding him dead was one of the worst days of my life.

I'm not sure I could have dealt with having another cat die again so soon after the first. Hang in there man.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny December 6th 2017, 8:35 pm

So I actually starting rereading some of the old stories on the old Database. Next up is Morgan's Origins story on THIS database. I recall reading some at the beginning but I think I'll read the whole thing this time around. However the main reason for this post is that I noticed a few things when visiting the old database.

Firstly... I used to ask a LOT of questions. Sorry if that was annoying.

Secondly I also got hit with a LOT of nostalgia, not just for what Halo Database was but also that time in my life. High school was so much simpler; I wasn't expected to be an adult. Still don't think I'm really ready to be an adult...

Thirdly, in a lot of ways I like what were coming up with post Halo 3 (everything right up to Halo 5 basically). I think I like it more than the direction 343 took the franchise in Halo 5.

To expand more on that third point... In retrospect Halo 5's story really killed any vibe I had for Halo writing. Previously Halo had been the writing project I was MOST excited about but after Halo 5 I kinda lost any desire for it. Granted I was never the most active writer, due to prioritizing academics and my limited social life, but before Halo 5 at least I was thinking about Halo stuff to write. After Halo 5 all of that just stopped completely.

So, have any of guys looked back on the old Database throughout the years (jeez I feel old)? If you have, what do you think about it? Also, what do you think of the story of Halo 5?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r December 6th 2017, 10:54 pm

I see a lot of progress. A lot of my writing, in some respects, I feel has improved vastly. In other respects, eh, I know I can do better. A lot of my previous stories were a lot of cringe, and I realize that now.

I mean, not that I don't have cringe in my current stories, just significantly less. Still, those were good times. In truth, you asking frequent questions actually didn't bother me in the slightest, because it meant my story was read. In fact, I actually have come to miss your questions and other comments.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John December 12th 2017, 9:55 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:In truth, you asking frequent questions actually didn't bother me in the slightest, because it meant my story was read. In fact, I actually have come to miss your questions and other comments.

Ditto!
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen December 14th 2017, 4:22 am

I hated Halo 5's story, Manny. Brian Reed managed to fuck up the one franchise I had no qualms with and subsequently crushed the enthusiasm I had for Halo's lore. I go back and play Halo 1-3 (4 as well, I guess) and just really love everything that happened there. That goes for the books as well--most of them, at least. After Halo 5... well, it was just never the same for me. I still love Master Chief, but it's as if the fire of Halo just kind of died in me. Pretty sad, really.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther December 14th 2017, 5:37 pm

I have finally figured out how to do the Power Rangers fanfic Idea I had.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 8th 2018, 10:03 pm

I saw Jensen put up some Xbox games for sale on Facebook. Among them was the entire Halo series from CE to 4, Reach and ODST included.

Not sure why but it felt like a punch to my stomach. Like the definitive end of an era. Someone who loved Halo as much as I did is at the point in life where he can sell them off.

Adulthood is scary and there's no turning back. Jensen y u dis 2 me?

Fuck even that slang is old.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 11th 2018, 3:06 am

Completely unrelated to Manuel's topic, but a warning nonetheless to anyone reading Origins. The story has ended. If you were to click on the link, it would probably lead you to page 7 of 7. That post is the epilogue. Page 6 is where the last few installments and my final author's notes took place.

So if you haven't read the story up to the point I had it before I finished it, page 6 at the bottom is the last three installments, a final author's notes, and page 7 is the Epilogue that offers some insights into the future.

Sorry to derail the discussion, I just didn't want anyone to miss out on crucial parts.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 24th 2018, 11:54 pm

Do you guys remember the glory days of Halo 3? I do.

And now we can relive them. Halo Online was a free to play beta, running a modified version of the Halo 3 engine, that came out in Russia. That beta has closed now, but a group of modders have taken the game and opened it up to everyone while adding in a few new things. Even better is that the game has full controller supports (so dust off those 360 controllers) and has been optimized to run on low end PCs as well (so everyone can partake in it).

Here's a link to the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/wiki/index/download#getstarted

I'll be back in my hometown in May. If you guys are down to relive some good old fashioned Halo then I'd be more than thrilled.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr June 24th 2018, 1:39 pm

so uh, hello again anyone here. just thought I'd pop in and say hi again.

Greeting from the middle of Iraq!
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen November 6th 2018, 10:45 pm

Anybody still around at this point? It's been two months since anyone posted anything here. I'm planning on posting my book for nanowrimo here if anyone is interested. That'll probably after November is over, but I thought it might be interested for everyone to see a full rough draft written in one month.

Other than that, I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't talked to y'all in so long and honestly kind of miss everyone. Hope you're doing well.

PS: Manny, I sold a few Halo games, but that was because I have all the Halo games on my Xbox One with MCC and Reach and Wars all being on there.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 16th 2018, 3:34 pm

I'm still here. I've been workshopping my FFVII thing in my spare time; it's actually drastically different now.

I'll put something together when I have the time. Still mulling over the main plot.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 6th 2019, 3:25 am

Yeah I've been out here steady struggling. Been working on Metallic Knights as a comic book, don't have anyone to draw it tho so I'm writing all of John and I's concepts into descriptions for panels. Started rapping last year too. Been weird
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:Anybody still around at this point? It's been two months since anyone posted anything here. I'm planning on posting my book for nanowrimo here if anyone is interested. That'll probably after November is over, but I thought it might be interested for everyone to see a full rough draft written in one month.

Other than that, I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't talked to y'all in so long and honestly kind of miss everyone. Hope you're doing well.

PS: Manny, I sold a few Halo games, but that was because I have all the Halo games on my Xbox One with MCC and Reach and Wars all being on there.

Still here, just been busy with work that I forgot about my stories.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 3:14 am