Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

5 posters

Writer's Roundtable

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Writer's Roundtable - Page 2 Empty Re: Writer's Roundtable

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 7th 2018, 11:48 pm

It honors me that beyond some of the more cringe inducing moments of my recent installments you find yourself inspired to write. Thank you for your kind words, and I'm more than proud knowing that I was able to inspire someone else, even when I have my own self doubts.

Thank you Manny, and I eagerly await your story.

As for Blaine's story, I've made the executive decision, with Manny's feedback, to go back and make some brief changes to some of the more cringey aspects of the story to make it more in line with what you would expect from a Halo story. That being said, some portions were left in for the sake of humor (something you'll find in the latest installment as of this post) and for character development.

Moving on to Sentinel, I have NOT forgotten that story. However, the way Bungie has been presenting their sequel to the game has been less than dampening on my mood to write the story. However, what Manny has said in feedback for Blaine's story, and even here in this thread, has likewise inspired me to keep chugging along for that story. So expect a follow up bit later on.

Along with that, I am also going to tease the idea that I may be considering starting a new project that is my own little thing. It does once again fall into another game's story line, but the story and 'region' it takes place in will be my own. Where's the hint? There is a time and place for everything... but not now. Razz
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 8th 2018, 7:44 pm

Bad John wrote:I like those two. They very vaguely remind me of an adult Gon and Killua from Hunter x Hunter.

Here's a question for ya, what was the inspiration behind Miguel?
    Well Miguel really is a mixture of a lot of things. If I had to really narrow it down it'd be these things: his name, his previous incarnation and my dad's best friend.

My dad's best friend really sounded like the ideal best friend to me; a figure I haven't quite had in my life. Don't get me wrong, I've had friends, but none seem to have the same positive influence on my life as my dad's did on him. The concept of Miguel, as far as his role in Manuel's life, then was inspired by my dad's best friend.

As for Miguel as a person... it's a mix of the above, his previous incarnation, and his name. In previous versions of the plot, I had Miguel more akin to battle hungry psychopath to demonstrate just how terrible of an environment the Legion was if that was Manuel's best friend. I dropped the idea because it really was trying too hard to paint the Legion as "cruel and evil". As I opted to move the Legion into more of a "grey zone", my plans for Miguel's personality became less clear. The only thing I knew at that point was that Miguel is the name of the archangel Michael, but in Spanish, so I planned to model him a bit after the angel. Obviously I never did anything with it, but this new version of Miguel really is a mixture of all of things before, while trying to paint him as an actual person with his problems. 

@Morgan

Glad you feel that way Morgan! I look forward to the your new project; I always liked your more original stories set in the modern day. The one with the actor in the middle of a "zombie" infection thing and the mystery story ("mystic falls or something like that) are two that spring to mind.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen February 12th 2018, 2:42 pm

Ah, hell yeah. Manny's writing his stories again. About time.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 13th 2018, 1:17 am

Doctor Jensen wrote:Ah, hell yeah. Manny's writing his stories again. About time.
    Yeeeee boi. 

New character stuff up in a new thread; I just didn't want to spam this one.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther March 4th 2018, 4:50 pm

Alright, got the stuff I needed to complete done, gonna try to get the chapters done and out by tomorrow.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 9th 2018, 12:46 am

Manny, any update on that story you're working on?
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther March 9th 2018, 10:28 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:Manny, any update on that story you're working on?

Just had to redo the new chapter for the Power Rangers one, I got the idea to make the monster grow to giant size and have the twins and Naomi call in the elder Olivers for backup and form the sky ninja megazord as I call it due to the zords being birds.

Might call it Garuda II as a reference to Jetman.

Of them all it is the one I really do not want to let die since I grew up with the franchise in just about the most literal way you can think of.

I was two when MMPR graced television airwaves in America.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 11th 2018, 7:03 pm

I'm doing some research and personal worldbuilding for the series I'm working on.

The weapons and armor alone are rather interesting concept material, in addition to the different creatures that the characters have to deal with during missions.

I'm sorta in that mode where I have so many options that I'm frozen. I'll have to pick a format and go with it sooner or later.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther March 16th 2018, 12:02 am

Still in the process of rewriting the next chapter for Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon.

I hope to have it out some time next week but between my new Nintendo Switch and Curse of the Pharaohs DLC for AC Origins it might take longer.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 17th 2018, 2:41 am

Through a series of shenanigans, I got on an artist's good side and got a cheap commission.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/62/71/31/soldie11.png

Alken Vaettir.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 17th 2018, 10:45 pm

Dude, that is awesome!
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

Nearly complete with the rewrite of the Power Rangers chapter, been very busy, hope to have it up tomorrow and if not I hope to have it up sometime this upcoming week.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 19th 2024, 7:54 am