Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+12
WOLF
Impanther
dragon of darkness
Splazer Zero
foxyfoxy90
It's Kruger
zman007playr
Spinal Clerk
Doctor Jensen
I_IRONMAN_I
Manny
Bad John
16 posters

Discuss Anything

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Discuss Anything  - Page 41 Empty Re: Discuss Anything

Post  Bad John March 24th 2017, 6:22 pm

Happy Birthday, Manny!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 27th 2017, 1:52 pm

I had a brief announcement to make; I'm not exactly cancelling SOLDIER, but I am restarting it and taking it in a different direction. I realized that, long term, I should have started at a different point in time, and I'm changing some of the story's priorities in terms of plot points.

I actually posted the first chapter of the new version on FF.net. You can view it by clicking right here!

I'll post the chapters up here when I'm done with the second chapter.

Also, as a side-note to Manny, I actually based Sophron on good ol' Alejandro, albeit a much older and more cynical version. He's a pretty interesting guy, and he's willing to do some fucked up things to succeed and protect his interests; I think you'll like him!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 28th 2017, 10:04 pm

Well then, I guess that kinda counts as a birthday gift?

I appreciate the birthday wishes, and I look forward to reading your story. Just one more month of school...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 29th 2017, 12:10 am

Good to hear, Manny. And I was planning on making Sophron long before your birthday, but if it counts, it counts. Lol.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 30th 2017, 9:59 pm

It's belated, but Happy Birthday Manny! I'm sorry I wasn't here to say it on the day of, I was actually in the hospital. Had a relative who had a pretty nasty Heart Attack. Don't worry, he's fine and can come home this coming Monday.

Anyways, Happy belated Birthday!

Updates On My End:
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 30th 2017, 10:13 pm

That's a shame, Morgan. I hope your fam recovers well. Y'all are in my prayers.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 3rd 2017, 3:34 pm

So I was looking at some game soundtracks and I stumbled upon DOOM (2016).

I'm not a fan of metal but my god... that was superb for what the music was supposed to get across. As I was listening Alejandro's Demon from H&D popped into my head because of how aggressive the music could be. I suppose that makes sense because... hell and demons, you know?

You guys know of any other soundtracks that have that type of music? Just a lot of intensity and action with guitars and distortion effects I guess? It's kind of hard to google that "type" of music when you're not even sure what to call it.

Also, many thanks for the birthday wishes and best wishes for your family Morgan.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 12th 2017, 7:56 pm

I freaking love Jojo's character themes, but in terms of pure guitar, these two take the cake.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther April 22nd 2017, 4:20 pm

Got a new project coming for this site. Have not been able to be on as much due to photography stuff. Anyway listen to these epic songs.

Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther April 25th 2017, 7:31 pm

Godzilla: Gods and Demons chapter 2 has been posted guys, Bear Face has arrived to join the battle, what will happen? Stay tuned for chapters 3 and 4.
    Dee_Dawg
    Dee_Dawg

Post  Dee_Dawg May 27th 2017, 5:54 pm

What's up Database community? The name's Devin, though I suppose you could just call me D.

I'm a friend of Morgan's, not really sure what his username is on here, but uh, yeah. Don't expect a lot in the ways of stories from me here, I might write something every now and again.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 27th 2017, 5:57 pm

Dee_Dawg wrote:What's up Database community? The name's Devin, though I suppose you could just call me D.

I'm a friend of Morgan's, not really sure what his username is on here, but uh, yeah. Don't expect a lot in the ways of stories from me here, I might write something every now and again.

Oh fantastic, I'm glad the link worked for you. Sup D? Welcome to the somewhat silent remains of an otherwise chill community. Like I was telling you earlier, posting isn't really a requirement, so things are kind of dead around here.

Looking forward to see what you can come up with in the future, if you do decide to post anything.

Edit: Before anyone asks why he has Admiral rank, it doesn't really matter. There's hardly anyone here to climb up the ranks to begin with, so there's no point in having the hierarchy, and Admiral rank doesn't really have permissions.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 27th 2017, 10:32 pm

Hey dude, welcome to the family. Group's not really dead. We check in and do stuff occasionally. John and Morgan are the big writers here, but others of us write to. Let us know if we can do anything for you, fella.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr June 1st 2017, 8:45 am

Well I guess I'm still around, though life in the army is starting to occupy almost all my time. I'll try to keep updating my latest story as much as I can, but i fear I'll have to turn into a lurker for a good while.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny June 2nd 2017, 4:17 pm

So I watched One Punch Man.

It was SOOOO good. Just... everything about it. The visuals, the MUSIC, the characters, the story!

I liked Saitama a lot as well but he felt so familiar. In a lot of ways... Saitama is kinda what I picture John's (yes, our John) protagonists to be like. Exceptionally skilled/powerful and still laid back. However, because John's characters aren't OP like Saitama they have a chance to express emotions like fear in combat.

The only thing I didn't like was Saitama's English voice in the first episode, but he got better after that. He didn't sound laid back... he sounded so dead. I guess that makes sense given that he was feeling empty. After that though I thought the voice actor did a good job sounding chill rather than dead.

Oh and the other heroes are just dicks.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John June 5th 2017, 6:16 pm

I'm pretty damn glad you watched it, Manny. It's one of my favorite shows! I highly recommend the manga and the original comic; the manga has amazing art, and the comic, while more...simplistic in terms of art style, has one of my favorite standoffs of any artistic medium during the most recent arc.

As for your comparison to my own protagonists, that's quite a compliment. Thanks for that. :]

I'm actually planning a series of drabbles regarding my new series, Those Who Fight Further. It's an experiment for the most part, and I'm getting a feel for where I want to go with it.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness June 25th 2017, 2:26 pm

*appears in a puff of smoke and a flourish* You know I am quite happy the Discuss Anything is getting its use, quite happy with that

Also hello everyone, Its been a while, I keep getting distracted and such... out of loop on a few things as well.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen July 1st 2017, 11:55 pm

I gotta get back into writing Halo stuff again. It's been so long. I haven't been on the site for a while, but I don't wanna lose touch with everyone, so I'll start getting some stuff up and hanging around a little more.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen July 21st 2017, 7:31 pm

Anybody interested in making a machinima with me? I've been looking at making on of those for years, and I think I finally wanna do it.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 27th 2017, 12:16 am

What kind of Machinima did you have in mind? Me and a few friends (Vale included) used to kick that idea around, and made a few simple pilots. I'm interested in hearing your idea, brah.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 9th 2017, 5:57 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/6smaym/sobs_quietly/

The FEELS. I haven't gamed nearly as much since graduating high school. I was looking through my old xbox live friends list the other day... So many people I met online. Hell some of them are people I know in real life I lost all contact with.

At least I have you guys?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 9th 2017, 10:52 pm

Here here!

Or hear hear. Which-ever one is correct.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther August 20th 2017, 6:46 pm

I have made a short story while typing up the first couple chapters for my Power Rangers fanfic, just gotta figure out how to do the battles and zord fights while keeping some of the cheese.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 12th 2017, 12:06 pm

Something they don't tell you about pets; when you get them all at the same age, you end up putting them down back-to-back.

We had to euthanize Lightning yesterday. I just handed him over to the vets for a cremation. He was a good cat. Never lost a fight (except while sparring with Silky when he was small), but he never scratched me. Always attentive and upbeat. It was a bummer, but I'm glad he's at peace, and hanging out with his big bro in the afterlife.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther September 12th 2017, 6:20 pm

Bad John wrote:Something they don't tell you about pets; when you get them all at the same age, you end up putting them down back-to-back.

We had to euthanize Lightning yesterday. I just handed him over to the vets for a cremation. He was a good cat. Never lost a fight (except while sparring with Silky when he was small), but he never scratched me. Always attentive and upbeat. It was a bummer, but I'm glad he's at peace, and hanging out with his big bro in the afterlife.

I have actually heard that before. If you have a dog and want another puppy at least wait for the other one to be a bit older before you do.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 19th 2024, 1:08 am