Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 18 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Manny October 14th 2013, 3:32 pm

Well I was going to have Bryce, Voltaire, and Al show up at the same time via teleportation.

Just so we're clear... Where do we want to go with the "Alpha" story arc? Presumably Demons will be a bit more in the background since Alpha is more or less cover for whatever the Demons are doing down south and occasionally in the UPNE.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 14th 2013, 3:35 pm

I'd like to get some interesting battles and ripostes under the team's belt before we make any real progress in breaking up the enemy's alliance.

Let's start the Alpha arc, and make that last for a little while.

As for right now, I don't mean for Alpha to be severely hurt or lose his partnership this soon in the game. Maybe he'll get annoyed and scamper off.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 14th 2013, 7:33 pm

...I'm probably getting ahead of myself but I thought of an idea of how to "end" this story AND how to make newer members feel more integrated if they join because they liked this story (as discussed in the recruitment thread).

I could say it now, or hold off until we get somewhere remotely close?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 14th 2013, 7:34 pm

Shoot. I wanna know.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 14th 2013, 7:42 pm

We could go the Justice League Unlimited route, and (assuming the writers are new to writing) we could write collaborative short stories with them in this universe.

So one of the veterans here could be paired up with a new member. Story wise our heroes could be paired with a new hero, and we go from there.

Really the heavy lifting is on them, since they have to come up with the plot, character history, villains, etc. The only real purpose the veteran is there for is correcting any major errors and polishing it off. A good example would be if a member's first language WASN'T English.

But I think it'd give them some confidence, especially if new to writing, and a fun way to show them the ropes. It's also add a more personal and intimate feeling between admins and members.

Of course, the only expectation is that they play by the rules of this universe. So no collapsed USSR for example.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 14th 2013, 8:37 pm

That sounds cool. Very Happy
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 14th 2013, 10:23 pm

Wanted to say this you guys are doing good and got mason down just right
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 16th 2013, 3:31 pm

dragon of darkness wrote:Wanted to say this you guys are doing good and got mason down just right
    We could use some help though.

None of us actually know what Mason LOOKS like.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 16th 2013, 5:08 pm

Well he's normal size, black hair, blueish green eyes, has a small scar right below his right eye. Does this help?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 16th 2013, 5:56 pm

What does he wear? Does he have a uniform?
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 16th 2013, 6:24 pm

He wears jeans and jacket he doesn't have a uniform
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 16th 2013, 8:25 pm

dragon of darkness wrote:He wears jeans and jacket he doesn't have a uniform
    I meant like physical features.

Skin colour, eye colour, hair colour, etc.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 16th 2013, 8:40 pm

Manny wrote:

I already did eye and hair his skin colour is a bit dark
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 16th 2013, 8:56 pm

dragon of darkness wrote:
    Manny wrote:

I don't have a record of it, could you refresh memory pl0x?

And how dark is his skin? A white guy with a tan dark? Or African? Or Midde Eastern/Latino dark?
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 16th 2013, 9:02 pm

Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:

And how dark is his skin? A white guy with a tan dark? Or African? Or Midde Eastern/Latino dark?
    Middle eastern/Latino and can't you read back for the eye and hair stuff and completely off topic the new walking dead episode was crazy
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 16th 2013, 9:16 pm

Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:

Middle eastern/Latino and can't you read back for the eye and hair stuff and completely off topic the new walking dead episode was crazy
    I did. The OTD thread has 30 pages. I'm not doing it again when you could take like a minute out of your day to write it again. You created Mason, it should be simple enough.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 16th 2013, 9:23 pm

Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:

I did. The OTD thread has 30 pages. I'm not doing it again when you could take like a minute out of your day to write it again. You created Mason, it should be simple enough.
    normal size, black hair, blueish green eyes, has a small scar right below his right eye. There you go my friend

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 16th 2013, 9:36 pm

I just looked, I ain't seeing anything. It'd be just easier if you told us.

So far, I've gathered this;

Mason is a lightly tanned individual that stands at average height. He suffers from severe anger issues, and is completely untrusting to others.

I need to know exactly how tall, if his face is busted up from years of picking fights with people. How long does this dude keep his hair? What kind of clothes does he wear, is he Gangsta casual? What colors are his eyes? Is he a strong mothafuckah, or would one punch break him because of how thin he is?

Details can go a long way. If you didn't do that, anyone could easily make a character, but it would be harder for the rest of us to connect with them. For example.

Name: Clark Kent.

Appearance: Average, clothes, shoes. Perfect face.

Powers: He can fly and shit. Strong, powerful. No weakness, except maybe a green rock.

Superhero name: Somethin' Awesomemang.

Backstory: Came from a different planet and shit, ya dig?
    If I was going to write that character, even though it's not my own, I'd have a hard time. Not only do I not know what color he is, I don't know how he stands compared to Bryce. Bryce is average height, but is he taller than Clark or not? Bryce has white hair, does Clark?

What if I want Bryce to have a heart to heart with Clark? It might go something like this;

"You got a second Clark?"

"Yeah." Clark replied neutrally *no description on his mood, mind you*.

"I lost both of my parents, my grandfather, and spent fifteen years of my life." Bryce shook his head. "How could you just, just leave your planet?"

"Cause I felt like it." Clark replied angrily.
    Now, imagine if the person who developed Clark made him like this;

Name: Clark Kent.

Appearance: Clark is a strongly built Caucasian individual who stands at roughly six feet tall. He has a strong jaw, short, slick black hair with a loose curl going over his forehead. When he isn't Superman, he dresses very formally, keeping his secret identity intact.

He has deep blue eyes, and is a caring personality. He does everything in his power to save the day, and punish those that would jeopardize it. He is the epitome of what it means to be a hero.

Powers: Clark is Kryptonian, and therefore receives his powers by absorbing the Sun's energy. With his power, he can fly through the air with ease. Not only that, but Clark can lift immensely heavy things without breaking a sweat, and can leap a skyscraper in a single bound.

He has heat-vision, he can freeze enemies with his breath, and more importantly, he is invincible to all damage that inflicts upon him, unless a small green rock, commonly known as Kryptonite, is nearby, then all of his power is removed.

Superhero name: Superman.

Backstory: Born on the doomed planet of Krypton. Clark *known as Kal 'El* is sent away in a pod by his birth parents, while the rest of his kind are fated to die. His pod travels through space for a few months, until eventually it lands on Earth, in a small farm town in Indiana.

Raised by the Kents, Clark soon realizes his powers, vowing to help everyone he can. Keeping it a secret, he grows up to join the Daily Planet, a prestigious newspaper company. This way, he can keep his ear to the ground, and be the first to know when something bad happens in Metropolis or the world around.
    With all of this data, it would be much more easier for me to write a heart to heart with my character, and this other character, who isn't mine.

"H-hey Superman." Bryce stammered in the presence of his childhood hero. "Do you have a second?"

"Yeah, sure kid." Superman replied boldly, but caring. "And call me Kal."

"Yeah." Bryce replied. "Kal, I've lost both of my parents, and my grandfather, who meant the world to me. Promptly afterwards, I was shipped off to this corporation where they worked expirements on me. It was hell like this for fifteen years. But I have to ask, despite all that's come my way, I still feel you've had the short end of the stick, how do you cope with it?"

"Well Bryce," Superman sighed. "To tell you the truth, it's very difficult to cope with. You are right, I lost the entirety of my planet, hardly knew my people, and lost two sets of parents."

Bryce bowed his head in respect, life must have really been hard on Kal.

"But," Kal continued. "Day after day, with Lex Luthor or one of my other many foes putting the world in peril, when I save the day. The smile on people's faces, the warmness in the hearts of the people I save. It's a blessing. It's the greatest feeling in the world. I couldn't save my people, or my parents, but I can save this planet, I can save THESE people, my new people. I just take it, one day at a time."

"Wow." Bryce nodded, having a brief moment of clarity. "That, that makes so much sense. You're right. I will take it one day at a time, and do what I can for the good people. Thanks Superman."
    Long rant made short, you need to go that extra mile to really flesh out the character. It makes it easier on the rest of us. We don't feel comfortable, time after time, guessing what Mason is like. Not only would that be us making your character for you, but we've got our own characters to worry about developing.

Don't twist my words and get upset, we love helping you. But we really need your input on the character, otherwise Mason is more our character than yours, and we don't want that. We want you to participate, we want Mason to be YOURS. So please, don't be afraid to paint a mental picture, and describe to us exactly what you see. It will make ALL the difference, trust me.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 16th 2013, 9:41 pm

Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:

normal size, black hair, blueish green eyes, has a small scar right below his right eye. There you go my friend

I'd say this is a decent physical description Morgan Razz But those extra details (e.g. Hair do) DO help. Granted, none of us have done that either...

But apart from that... We don't know what you want us to do with Mason. Is there plot points/character development you'd like done?
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 16th 2013, 9:46 pm

I'm going to get to work on the complete description and im going to Join back in it will be tough since my laptop is currently out of action so I'm using my iPod on here
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 16th 2013, 9:49 pm

Pro-Tip: Type it up in the notes app so you don't lose it.

This goes both you guys (Dragon and Morgan): have you guys read what John and I had been discussing the past few pages? Any thoughts?

Last edited by Manny on October 16th 2013, 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 16th 2013, 9:50 pm

Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:

I'd say this is a decent physical description Morgan Razz

But apart from that... We don't know what you want us to with Mason. Is there plot points/character development you'd like done?
    Physical description yes. But I think we deserve a little more detail in the backstory/character development category, don't you?

I like to get connected to your guy's characters in one way or another, and I look for a common quirk that both characters share. For example, take Blaine and Nine for example. Before Blaine became an officer, he was the wise cracking, reckless Spartan that went headfirst into the shit storm. Nine reminds Blaine of his younger self, and therefore shares a common quirk with him.

With Bryce, Bryce has been and is where Jordan and Al are currently. Jordan lost most of his family in the event that nearly took his life from him. While they might still be alive, he is unaware of that at the current moment. Same could be said for Bryce. His mother abandoned him because he was 'possessed' or some Christian bullshit like that. Neither of these two heroes know if any member of their families are still alive or not, and with that in mind, share a common quirk.

Al and Bryce are the same because of the fact they were experimented upon. Both of them are very uncomfortable in lab-like areas, do to their painful pasts.

With the rest of H.E.R.O, I haven't found exactly what it is that could make the characters get along, and that's what I'm trying to get Dragon to give us. Even if they don't have common quirks, there could still be something between the charcters, a hidden rivalry? Perhaps a friendly competitive relationship. Something to work with. I'll be posting the teleportation of Al, Bryce, Mason, and Jensen's character very soon. I'll probably be writing a little bit of each character during the post, and I'd like something to work with.

Dragon: Cool, I appreciate it. It'll help way more than you think.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 16th 2013, 9:52 pm

If you'd like Morgan, I can send you the few paragraphs I had typed up? It wasn't much to begin with, and might give you some insight into Al?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 16th 2013, 9:59 pm

You can, but I got a decent idea of what he's like through interacting with the character.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 16th 2013, 10:01 pm

I know this isn't the place but I would love to get back to work on other stuff I am and my posts will pick up after I fix my laptop

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 9:39 am