Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Manny May 4th 2013, 8:00 pm

Google Docs man! Save it!

Which book says he can barely lift a car? Fall of Reach?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 4th 2013, 11:22 pm

In their armor, Spartans are pretty much Herculenean. Even model IIIs can roll warthogs.

I'd assume without it, Chief would have the raw muscle to at least lift the front of a hog. The guy mauled ODSTs as a teenager.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 4th 2013, 11:45 pm

Bad John wrote:In their armor, Spartans are pretty much Herculenean. Even model IIIs can roll warthogs.

If the FOURS can do it... It's a piece of cake for Threes, and a walk in the park for Twos.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 5th 2013, 2:42 am

Had an idea. The team Saffore is trying to form wouldn't necessarily be the ONLY superhero team.

The Rockettes.

Three members.

Name: Maryl Martin

Alias: Martini

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Blue

Powers/abilities:
    Varied energy blasts
    Energy Burst
    High speed flight

Details: The youngest member of the Rockettes, Martini is energetic, naive, and unpredictable, both on the battlefield and in social situations. She's easily swooned and impressed, despite boasting an impressive array of powers.

She is capable of flight at incredible speeds, making her incredibly difficult to hit, even by seasoned marksmen. She can turn on a dime in midair, and rarely flies straight.

She can hurl energy bolts from her hands, feet, and mouth. These bolts vary in strength and speed. The more powerful the bolt, the slower it goes, varying from the speed of a bullet with the pain of a painful shock, to the speed of a dodgeball with the power to vaporize solid matter.

When captured, waving her hair can cause a hail of painful electric needles. She can even expel a mighty burst of spherical electricity from her entire body, in case she is caught. Doing so will reduce her powers greatly for a short time.

She fancies Jordan as a rival of sorts, and although they're technically allies, like the rest of the Rockettes, she will not hesitate t physically fight him if need be to achieve her own goals. Ultimately, she's a friend.

Name: Sylvia Regis

Alias: Sylphide

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Powers/abilities:
    Hydrokinesis
    Shapeshifting
    Intangibility

Details: A pleasure seeker, seductress, ballerina, and a generally low key and relaxed woman, Sylvia seems like she has no place in combat against Meta humans.

But, when called into combat, Sylphide renders herself invincible by assuming a liquid form. A "nymph," solid blows pass right through her. She is naturally athletic, able to use her water powers to "surf" after foes, leaping and shapeshifting from place to place to get in close. She can deal unexpectedly hard blows with her legs, a martial artist to boot.

Her most potent ability is her hydrokinesis. She can add water to her physical form, causing her to grow to immense sizes, or shapeshift into a large, serpentine dragon. Her strength is increased, and she can subdue foes by enveloping them in water or washing them away.

She and Jordan are on friendly terms, to the point where she will actively stay out of fights between him and the Rockettes, even in friendly sparring matches. The two dated briefly, but nothing truly romantic came of it, as he was "too young" for her, being 20 to her 25.

Name: Tara Bills

Alias: Rockette

Hair: Red

Eyes: Brown

Powers/abilities:
    Superhuman strength
    Manifestation of rocky armor

Details: Rockette, the clear leader of the "Rockettes," is tough, intelligent, and caring for her teammates. She respects her "sisters," having a healthy friendship with Sylvia and a "tough love" sisterhood with Mayra.

In combat, she's the powerhouse of the team. Already relatively physically strong enough to match the likes of some meta-humans, she truly shines when she dons her "armor," a layer of heavy rocks. She can use said rocks to defend her body and bolster her strength, much like The Thing from marvel comics.

She trusts Jordan, and initially wanted him to join the team, but Jordan was already affiliated with the KMC, and Jordan was uncomfortable with joining the all-female group.

Together, the Rockettes are the crown jewel and public figure of the Kyova Power Company, and fight crime as a team.

Their uniforms match, with color along the front of the chest and black pants and sleeves, being Red (Rockette) Blue (Sylphide) and Green (Martini). There is a bit of  disparity between the way the costumes are worn, Martini cutting her jumpsuit's legs into shorts, and Syphide making subtractions around the arms and chest area for more "flexibility," much to Rockette's annoyance, who wears it straight. The three display amazing teamwork, and are even a match for "Demons" when in their prime.

Thoughts? Has anyone else had ideas for characters? Heroes, villains, anything's cool. Open forum on ideas.

Last edited by Bad John on September 27th 2013, 5:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 5th 2013, 11:06 am

True, in their armor they can. And I believe it mentions it in Fall of Reach. Maybe First Strike. Not sure.

I don't really have any ideas for heroes or villains right now, but I'll keep some in mind.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 5th 2013, 11:36 am

Villian Idea:

Name: Enrique Sanchez

Alias: El jefe

Powers/Abilities:
    -Extremely agile
    -Red energy cloak
    -User of heat energy, can absorb heat to create "cold" and give it to create "hot"
    -Can run at 80km/h
    -Can punch through concrete
    -Uses firearms, quite fast at reloading, drawing, aiming, and firing
    -Can speak through Demon

Appearance:
    -Red energy cloak
    -More humanoid, super sayin style "hair", sharp short claws, pointed tail, 7'00
    -As a human; black hair, very tanned skin, brown eyes, 5'10, well built

Background:
    Enrique was among one of the first subjects in Project Demon. He is not a citizen of the UNPE, but rather a citizen of the country south of it.

Enrique's Demon did not meet the destructive standards of the military, so they released him back into his country with no regard for what might happen afterwards. Now they wish they had.

Enrique got himself involved with the Cartel, and now he is the boss or "El Jefe". With his Demon he was able to annihilate or assimilate all or other competing gangs. Enrique now runs a criminal empire, terrorizing the citizens of his country.

But he seeks to expand. In the past year, the Cartel have moved north into the UNPE, fighting against the Yakuza and the Mafia. These deadly gang wars in the south of the UNPE have cost civilians their lives and are putting a strain of law enforcement. With the Yakuza and Mafia forming an alliance, one can only assume Enrique will step in to crush the opposition.

Lucifer has taken quite an interest in Enrique and the two HAVE met. Lucifer admires how Enrique rules over humans, and respects him for it. Together the two have decided to use Enrique's criminal empire as a starting point to begin their search for fellow Demons. The chaos caused by the gang fights is sure to cause at least one host to transform. Lucifer has also been given shelter by Enrique whenever he has to find a place to stay.

Last edited by Manny on May 5th 2013, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 5th 2013, 11:42 am

I like that idea. Lucifer's right hand man.

"El Jefe" kinda makes me chortle though. Funny word.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 5th 2013, 12:20 pm

Story post is in the process of being completed.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 5th 2013, 1:00 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:Story post is in the process of being completed.
    *fap fap fap*
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 5th 2013, 1:31 pm

Neutral Character:

Name: Tony Abdul

Alias: The Phantom

Appearance:
    -African American
    -6'6, muscular
    -Short, black curly hair
    -Demon is black
    -Demon is humanoid in appearance
    -Claws that can extend to reach targets too far to grasp

Personality:
    -Agressive, rude
    -Womanizer
    -Not completely cold, he can be compassionate at times
    -Preferd to be left alone

Powers/Abilities:
    -Very stealthy, can reflect light energy to become invisible
    -Black colour allows for natural camouflage at night and in dark environment
    -Can produce noises at certain frequencies and wave lengths to cancel out other noises (e.g. Footsteps, screams of terror)
    -Can run up to 100km/h
    -Can punch/claw through titanium

Background:

Tony is a man from troubled origins. His father left his mother, him, and his younger brothers at a young age. Being the eldest, Tony usually had to take care of his brothers while his mother worked.

Living in the Crisis City ghettos, life wasn't easy. Tony grew up trying to keep his brothers out of trouble, with limited success. These days, his brothers are in gangs or locked up in jail and his mother is too old to fend for herself.

Tony tried to make an honest living but found that it was hard. So he joined the military, and when he was offered to be a volunteer for a project, he signed up. The pay was excellent, but Tony didn't read the fine print. The military knew he wouldn't, they knew everything about him.

Tony found himself in Project DEMON, legally unable to due anything about it. Eventually they finished with Tony and fielded him as an assassin. Tony didn't mind the job at first because he was targeting terrorists. But when he was sent to assassinate an elected president of another country, he drew the line.

Tony escaped the military with ease, but he couldn't return to civilian life. The military knew who he was. Tony became a mercenary in a criminal underworld that ruled much of the nation's ghettos. Tony didn't mind his new line of work though because he was killing bad men who deserved to die.

Then he met Lucifer and Enrique. The two offered him the deal of a lifetime. Tony was to find and kill important members of the KMC, 5 million dollars per head. Initially uneasy about the job, Tony decided that it was best for his family. He could get his brothers out of jail and off the streets, and his mother could live out her senior years in comfort.

Tony's whereabouts are unknown, but he usually bides his time waiting to strike at the right moment.

Note: Tony is a neutral character because he does what he does for money and his family. He isn't a BAD person, just your average guy with a lot of bad luck. Tony is someone we can use for future use.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 5th 2013, 10:32 pm

Thought about an ability for Lucifer. Because of the sheer power of his demon, maybe he can use his energy to influence other beings, giving them their own Demons, like imps.

Individually, they'd be tough, but nowhere near the raw power of a full fledged Demon.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 5th 2013, 10:44 pm

Just about done by the way.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 5th 2013, 10:56 pm

Bad John wrote:Thought about an ability for Lucifer. Because of the sheer power of his demon, maybe he can use his energy to influence other beings, giving them their own Demons, like imps.

Individually, they'd be tough, but nowhere near the raw power of a full fledged Demon.
    I don't see why not.

Lucifer can take any form of energy and use it as he sees fit. I don't see why he couldn't infuse a being with energy.

But giving someone power isn't the same as messing with their DNA. Perhaps it could be a one-way thing? Transformed into an "imp" but never to go back into Human?

Lucifer could use it on regular unfortunate humans. He could care less about their fates, just as long as their deaths advance his meta-human ruled empire.

Doctor Jensen wrote:Just about done by the way.
    Creepy. I was typing a post with Mason and was close to done as well. It was supposed to be a short one, to give you less things to edit.

I'll take a look at what you wrote and make edits accordingly. You were up next, and I'm not sure how much you used Mason. I know I said I'd have a post with Mason up before you would, but then I just got lazy. Until now, right when you finish. lol.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 5th 2013, 11:17 pm

No, you finish. I haven't really used much. I'll edit accordingly. It'll be easy this way.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 5th 2013, 11:22 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:No, you finish. I haven't really used much. I'll edit accordingly. It'll be easy this way.
    K.

I'll post in 5 minutes, TOPS. I SWEAR.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 5th 2013, 11:23 pm

Roger that. I've been lazy today, so no worries.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 5th 2013, 11:24 pm

K done.

I took some major risks with Mason but I figured he was kinda like Wolverine.

A gruff exterior but not heartless.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 5th 2013, 11:41 pm

Get to work, Jensen! >:(
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 5th 2013, 11:45 pm

Did ya see my response to your suggestion?

It's on the previous page. Going to shower. BRB.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 5th 2013, 11:48 pm

Manny wrote:
    Bad John wrote:Thought about an ability for Lucifer. Because of the sheer power of his demon, maybe he can use his energy to influence other beings, giving them their own Demons, like imps.

I don't see why not.

Lucifer can take any form of energy and use it as he sees fit. I don't see why he couldn't infuse a being with energy.

But giving someone power isn't the same as messing with their DNA. Perhaps it could be a one-way thing? Transformed into an "imp" but never to go back into Human?

Lucifer could use it on regular unfortunate humans. He could care less about their fates, just as long as their deaths advance his meta-human ruled empire.

It'd be tragic on a lot of levels. Bryce could psychically hear the remains of the humans, Al would be terrified to see such a grim offshoot of his own "power," and Jordan knows what it's like to be a prisoner on one's own body.

PLUS, they'd be trying to munch on the team's bones.

I say it's a good plot element. Let's do that. Very Happy
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 6th 2013, 12:04 am

For the purposes of whomever writes Lucifer first...

He's somewhat like War. Imagine War on an Earth that has citizens of EVERY species, and him trying to put Humanity on top.

That's Lucifer, except he's fighting for meta-humans against humans. And he doesn't care much for luxury.

His English wouldn't be AS fancy though. Maybe a level below that. He would use contractions and the occasional colloquialism.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 6th 2013, 12:10 am

Alpha is neutral evil. Everything is a game to him, he picks the winning team, and he takes few things seriously. On top of that, he's a brilliant strategist, and likes to keep equal opponents alive until they lose hope. The human spirit, meta human or not, fascinates him.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 6th 2013, 12:16 am

You mentioned a partnership between these two.

Any idea as to when that happens? In terms of plot?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 6th 2013, 12:18 am

Alpha mentioned that he needed to attend a meeting?

Lucifer told him to get ready for a call. They're gonna talk business soon, and Alpha wants to be ready. He's no fool. He knows that if he refuses the partnership, he could be killed, and that if he accepts, he'll receive money and resources that he could put to use.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 6th 2013, 3:24 pm

ANOTHER POST. FUCK YEAH!

But there's ONE thing that needs addressing.
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:Patting it out, he formed a single ice spear in his right hand, and flung it at Bass' right leg, just above the calf. The massive man's ensuing echo of pain launched multiple civilians far away, much to Bryce's dismay.

The entire purpose of the potientially lethal vacuum of air is so Bass can't hurt anyone with noise. Bass is in a bubble of air that's inside a bubble of no air.

Mason's dilemma is if he tries to physically stop Bass, he has to let down the vacuum and allows Bass to wreck havoc with his sonic booms. If he keeps the vacuum up, Bass will use the vaccine bubble to his advantage.

In the double bubble you can hear whatever noises he makes, but they only lasts for seconds and never reach their targets. The rest was good.

If I need to fix anything for Bryce let me know.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 5:49 pm