Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  It's Kruger May 3rd 2013, 5:14 pm

I like the idea, but Saffore being a telepath with intelligent design-like goals seem kinda clithé. Maybe she could just be a determined benefactor? And, with Al's Demon, maybe it could be Bryce who does it at the expense of a lot of strength.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 3rd 2013, 5:21 pm

True. It is a bit cliche, and robs Bryce of an important plot point.

I like the idea of Saff being a mastermind. I'd like to give her SOME type of power, or at least make her a genius level normie.

Thoughts?
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger May 3rd 2013, 5:25 pm

Go with hyper-intelligent, maybe?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 3rd 2013, 5:41 pm

Or better yet... BATMAN intelligence!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 3rd 2013, 6:04 pm

A peaceful, female, african american Batman.

I can get behind that.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 3rd 2013, 6:18 pm

Bad John wrote:A peaceful, female, african american Batman.

I can get behind that.
    And nice. Don't forget nice.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 3rd 2013, 6:50 pm

Yep. Razz Batman isn't known for his people skills.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 3rd 2013, 7:48 pm

Kruger 2521 wrote:I like the idea, but Saffore being a telepath with intelligent design-like goals seem kinda clithé. Maybe she could just be a determined benefactor? And, with Al's Demon, maybe it could be Bryce who does it at the expense of a lot of strength.
    Wait who pays the price? Bryce or Alejandro?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 3rd 2013, 9:08 pm

I presume Bryce trying to mentally combat the Demon would take a lot of physical effort.

And you yourself stated that while fighting using the Demon's energy, without the Demon at the helm, Alejandro isn't as physically strong as the Demon because he can only use so much of its energy.

I guess it cuts both ways.

Vale mentioned something earlier that got me thinking; how do the established characters, heroes and villains alike, stack up against each-other in terms physical power, and what are the limits and extents of their abilities?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 3rd 2013, 10:15 pm

Villain Idea.

Behemoth.

Another member of project Demon, he has not yet completely lost his mind. He has set his personal demon to the task of one goal.

The total annihilation of the KMC. It's unsure why, as he is incapable of rational thought, but he is rapidly approaching the KMC, and it's up to the team to stop him.

Behemoth's powers are quite reminiscent of his name. It is quite large, the size of a two story house. Its energy is a very dark green, and it possesses two beady eyes.

It attacks by simply marching forward at a constant speed of fifteen miles per hour, swatting anyone out of his way. Its energy cloak is INCREDIBLY dense, to the point that attacks are usually shrugged off.

The creature will not change direction, will march through any gap presented, and in order to get to the KMC, walked through the pacific ocean. It can run through walls, buildings, and people.

Its most terrifying aspect, aside from its inability to stop and its ruthless resolve to reach its goal, is its energy signature. When the creature reaches the KMC, it will expand, crushing four miles of land with its energy until it completely dissipates.

The challenge in defeating him is one horrifying question: How can the team stop something that's clearly unstoppable?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 3rd 2013, 11:26 pm

Bad John wrote:I presume Bryce trying to mentally combat the Demon would take a lot of physical effort.

And you yourself stated that while fighting using the Demon's energy, without the Demon at the helm, Alejandro isn't as physically strong as the Demon because he can only use so much of its energy.

I guess it cuts both ways.

Vale mentioned something earlier that got me thinking; how do the established characters, heroes and villains alike, stack up against each-other in terms physical power, and what are the limits and extents of their abilities?

Well Demon is supposed to be the strongest in terms of physical strength, his weakness being an animalistic mentality (or strength depending on the situation), and lack of control.

Lucifier could hand the Demon its ass, no problem. He's reached the perfect balance between host and demon. Alejandro can get to that stage, in theory. In practice he'd have to find a goal that aligns with the Demon's preferences, or find a way to make the Demon agree with his goal.

Clearly I can't speak for other characters, except maybe Behemoth. Behemoth seems to be more of an "all defence" kinda guy. He doesn't attack like Al's demon, he just kept on chugging.

Oh and isn't KMC a mobile airbase?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 4th 2013, 12:00 am

It's a mobile base that can go aquatic.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 4th 2013, 12:41 am

So can't KMC just run from Behemoth?

In the words of Patrick Star...

"Let's take [KMC] and push it somewhere else!"
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 4th 2013, 12:46 am

Alpha, noting Behemoth's intent, orders a terrorist attack on KMC's wheels for lulz. Ordinarily they could just outrun Behemoth, but in the arc, I'd say they have ten days to find a way to stall or kill Behemoth, because it'll take ten days to rebuild the treads.

Even then, Behemoth would give chase, destroying ANYTHING. Can't have wanton destruction.

But I'm hungry, so I'ma destroy some wontons.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 4th 2013, 1:03 am

But can Behemoth be distracted?

Give it a sexy Demon lady and let's find out, lol.

Or put an immovable object in its path. The good ol' "unstoppable force meets immovable object".
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 4th 2013, 1:53 am

Maybe. The whole reason the Behemoth Demon is on its warpath is because the human inside it told it to. If you were to challenge the Behemoth, or anger it to the point where it ignores the human's will, it could be reduced to a rage state in which it decides to pursue a different target. Razz
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 4th 2013, 2:54 am

Bad John wrote:Vale mentioned something earlier that got me thinking; how do the established characters, heroes and villains alike, stack up against each-other in terms physical power, and what are the limits and extents of their abilities?
    Perhaps this question needs more addressing from all of us. We all know that some will be stronger than others. We need to carefully analyze each character, study them, and make a decision on said matter.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 4th 2013, 3:27 am

Agreed, Jensen.

You said that Samson has super-human strength. What's the upper limit of said strength?

Jordan's extensive edits allow him to lift and throw a car, and can press up to three metric tons, about enough to press a truck. His strength has limiters, as when apprehending criminals with normal human strength/durability, he'd prefer not to accidentally break their bones, but when up against enemies like the Demons, or hardier foes like Kong or Glockjaw, he goes all out.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 4th 2013, 3:23 pm

Samson has strength and reflexes akin to that of the Master Chief as read in the Halo books. He can flip a car with a good amount of effort, but the only way he could throw a car is if he were filled with a boatload of adrenaline. So at the end of the day, he doesn't really have the strength of Jordan. Lifting and throwing a car would be the very edge of his limits and could kill him.

As with Earth manipulation, there are limits to that. 'Bending' the earth takes energy, specifically the energy of the user. As such, Sam is careful with the way he uses it. Bending huge clumps of earth would be devastating, but would probably kill him. For him to get there, it will take a lot of training.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 4th 2013, 3:47 pm

Master Chief can slap missiles away...

And flip Elephants.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 4th 2013, 4:43 pm

That's a pretty good scale for the guy.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 4th 2013, 4:45 pm

Bad John wrote:That's a pretty good scale for the guy.
    Oh I wasn't saying he was overpowered.

But rather underpowered, if he is to be like Master Chief.

Chief could probably lift cars without too much strain.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 4th 2013, 4:52 pm

I wasn't saying you were saying it was overpowered. I was just saying, it seems relatively fitting.

I think we have a good mix of powers on the team. Bryce and Mason are the elementals who can change the battlefield to his favor, Jordan and Vince are the muscle with Jordan focusing more on firepower and Vince having a more adaptable close ranged edge, Samson can produce attacks on the largest scale and corall enemies into close range or force them to keep their distance, and Al is the one with the greatest amount of raw power, but the most danger in its usage.

I want to stress that the value of the members isn't their physical power, but who they are as people, and how they choose to employ their gifts. That's what Saffore would say, and it's what I say. Razz
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 4th 2013, 5:56 pm

A little bit of boring exposition.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 4th 2013, 7:58 pm

To be clear, the books make it clear that Chief can barely lift a car.

Anyways, I agree about humanizing the characters, it seems like the best route to take. Anyways, I'll write something maybe later on tonight. If not it will be for sure tomorrow. Sorry about the delay fellas.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 12:19 am