Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Bad John September 29th 2013, 5:54 pm

Hmmmmmmm...where and when do you intend for this chapter to start?

I have some ideas, depending on that. What's the beginning of your outline?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 29th 2013, 6:19 pm

-Enrique and Alpha meet up
    -Edited Metas and Cartel members brought together
    -Assault Mafia/Yakuza alliance meeting, part of the Cartel's aggressive expansion plans
    -Gang firefight goes down
    -HERO (if that's what we're calling it) is sent in as first response to contain firefight to a specific area and stop it if possbile.

We go from there.

Attack takes place a few weeks after the Angel's death. Maybe 3 months at most (to provide a somewhat realistic time frame for training).

I was thinking of having it take place outside of Crisis city, in a city where "Florida" would be (kinda like Miami). We CAN teleport right?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 29th 2013, 6:21 pm

So, before the Firefight takes place, the team would be at the complex?

We could have them converse a bit among themselves, since the parts leading up the the firefight are very villain heavy.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 29th 2013, 6:31 pm

...That's probably a side effect of not having written a good guy character in forever.

I suppose I could do that, but what'd they be talking about has got me stumped. I suppose they could be talking about how training went, and if they could take on DEMONs now or not.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 29th 2013, 6:36 pm

Yeah, but with various small talk dripped in.

Tell ya what, I could send you a few subjects, or scenarios that I find interesting that could be peppered in.

I've got an idea in particular that I find...interesting, and I'm sure I could come up with a few things for the Heroes to CHAT about. I'm decent at chit chat, but not so great at mission related banter.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 29th 2013, 7:40 pm

Go for it. Greyhound has Wifi!
    So I'll be checking in periodically. Typing on my phone is a bitch though, so bear with me and my late replies.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 29th 2013, 8:48 pm

I just sent you something you can look over, and a rough outline of some things I think would be good to contrast the villainy and heaviness. :) A little hero comic relief.

The first part, however, isn't purely comedy. :3 I've had that scene planned for a long time.

Check your inbox, and read up!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 29th 2013, 11:07 pm

Read it over and I can only say two words about it: me gusta.

I'll try and portray those more lighthearted moments as best as I can.

Oh god... It's been so long since I tried to write something funny and innocent. Jesus help me.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r September 29th 2013, 11:17 pm

Manny wrote:Read it over and I can only say two words about it: me gusta.

I'll try and portray those more lighthearted moments as best as I can.

Oh god... It's been so long since I tried to write something funny and innocent. Jesus help me.
    ~ Jesus loves me this I know...
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 29th 2013, 11:24 pm

Anything you want Morgan?

I'll be going to bed in like half an hour, but I can still make some notes and think about integrating any requests you may have.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 30th 2013, 12:04 am

I sent you something else. Some funny lines for a particular scene.

:3
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 30th 2013, 12:21 am

Roger.

I got a decent chuck of the more "serious" part of the post in. Serious being the thing we actually respond to.

I'll begin work on the more light hearted stuff tomorrow after class. I need to get some sleep.

If any of you fellas want to request something, you got all morning.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 30th 2013, 1:58 pm

I sent you a minor paragraph edit. It was something I meant to write in, but got sidetracked, and left out some detail.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 30th 2013, 2:17 pm

Ideas for Edited Humans.

Class 1 Edits: A regular guy with a disability that has been repaired by edits. Pretty much Jordan after the KMC fixed him, but before he became Beta. It can be anything from a person with a robotic eye or cochlear implant, and a child with robotic legs to fix a birth defect.

Perfectly legal, and nowadays pretty cheap. Some are even advanced enough to feel pain, or run off of natural electrical synapses instead of batteries.

Class 2 Edits: A weaponized or industrialized modification. A man loses or cuts off his arm and replaces it with an opposable machine gun, jackhammer, vice grip, or superpowered enhancement.

Usually used in crime, but sometimes used for cheaper labor. Pretty illegal, and these would likely be the bulk of the Alpha's vanguard. People with springing legs, gun arms, modified vision, or whatever else.

The rest of their bodies are normal, usually.

Class 3 Edits: When someone's body has been internally modified for stronger musculature via artificial systems. These would be the Alpha's Lieutenants. They are stronger and faster due to internal edits.

These are HIGHLY illegal. Perhaps Made Men is an appropriate nickname.

Class 4 Edits: In addition to enhanced musculature, these people have impressive arrays of technology that makes them the pinnacle of editing technology. The perfect marriage of man and machine, these are the most powerful edited humans. Most are less than 40% human.

GlockJaw is a prime example. These men are capable of going toe to toe with even Jordan.

Class 5 Edits: Although they're not that different from Class 4 humans, Alpha and Beta deserve their own class due to the extent of their edits.

That, and both of them possess an auto-repair and healing factor that puts them on another level.

Alpha's healing factor is the result of nanomachines in his metallic body parts and within his human flesh. Jordan has no nanomachines, but his body repairs itself via unknown means.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 1st 2013, 1:40 am

ERMAGERD! I FINISHED!!!!!

Since we're all high ranking members, I think we can edit each other's posts (with the exception of Morgan who is a higher rank).

So make edits where necessary but be careful pl0x. Don't accidentally delete it, I know I did that to Panther once back at the old Database.

On another note, I found it quite refreshing to write something a bit more happy. It's a lot simpler than I thought, none of those "moral dilemmas" or "dark moments" found in my stories.

Hell it was nice break from writing notes and lab reports, which is what I have been writing for most of September.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 1st 2013, 2:09 am

It was good. :)I liked it a lot, especially the banter between Alpha and Enrique. You can tell their relationship is based purely on mutual benefit. If that ever runs dry, they'll just be straight up enemies. That always makes villainous interactions interesting. :D

I made a few edits for grammar errors (small ones that I woulda made myself, really) and a few minor additions. Everything checked out in my book.

I'll write up a post for Jordan entering the fray soon!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 1st 2013, 10:15 pm

First of all, I'll have my chapter up tomorrow afternoon.

Second of all, fun fact, the Sith from Star Wars could pool their energy together and make something called a Thought Bomb, which was capable of trapping every force sensitive on the planet in a spinning orb of pain and torment for all of eternity.

That's cool.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 3rd 2013, 1:03 am

Bad John wrote:Damien gave Jordan a spiteful look. "Pet project."

"Loser."

"Beta-Male." Damien grinned broadly, his red, piercing eyes locked onto Jordan.

"Bitch." Jordan gave Damien an easy, relaxed gaze, but there was a clear storm behind his calm eyes.
    I got a really good laugh out of this!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 3rd 2013, 11:22 am

Thanks. :D
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 4th 2013, 6:46 pm

Heads up, I'll probably get started on Friday (not today) for the next part since I have three mid terms tests this upcoming week. I'll be done on Friday though.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 4th 2013, 10:59 pm

We still got Morgan's part to look forward to.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 4th 2013, 11:03 pm

Coming soon fellas, still planning the perfect costume design for him, since I technically haven't announced it in Ascension yet Razz.

Should be on it's way by at least Saturday/Sunday. Promise.

Also, I thought it might be helpful to add this as a resource, coming from one of the other sites I frequent. Essentially, it's a character form that explains the character's abilities. Yes, I am aware that we did the sign up sheets that explained it, but we really didn't flesh it out.

Example:

Name: Bryce Howard.

Alias: Glacycle *or something that might be better*

Powers/Abilities/Etc.: Glaciokinesis, Psychic, Telekinesis.

Abilities explained:

Glaciotransport: The ability to freeze one's molecules *this includes a party up to four, dependent on weight of party* and transport them anywhere Bryce has visited/seen once in his life. All Bryce needs is a momentary glance at his target location, even in Photo form, and he is able to teleport there.

Psychokinesis: Bryce has the ability to infiltrate minds and manipulate them to his will. With each mind he reads, the stronger this ability gets, making blocking him much more impossible. What he reads he learns, allowing him to learn things without the waste of time and resources for education.

Telekinesis: Bryce has the ability to lift things, even himself, with his powerful ESP brain-waves. He can even fly with his own mind at amazing speeds, the absolute fastest recorded ranging anywhere from 60-70 mph. Dependent on the weight of the objects he lifts, he can launch them at speeds of up to 50 miles per hour. For example, a Charter bus would sap his energy much quicker, and he might not be able to launch it quite as swiftly as say, a potted plant.

Glaciokinesis: Bryce can manipulate moisture within the air, environment, his own body, or his fellow human/animal's body into freezing. When using moisture from the air/environment, he can form sharp projectiles made out of solid, almost perma-frost sturdy ice.
    ----------------------------------------

Signature moves:

-'Jack Frost's wrath': With enough raw emotion flowing through his veins, Bryce can summon a strong blizzard of snow, which helps immobolize his opponent. Occasionally, a small cyclone of icicles shred his foe.

-'Scrambled-Brains': Within a five mile radius of Bryce, he can reach deep into their memories, causing them to forget who they are. Dependent on the amount of time his foe is within proximity will determine how long lasting the effect lasts, if not permanent.

-'Frosty's frozen heart': When provoked, Bryce can use his Glaciotransport to appear behind his foe, stabbing them near the heart with one of his icicle blades.

-'Ice Hazard': Forming a giant icicle on the ground, Bryce usually pierce's his foe's leg(s) to the ground, teleports behind them, grabs them by the shoulder, and launches himself in the opposite direction. This effectively dispatches his opponents without having to resort to fatal measures.

---------------------------------------------

Finishing moves:

-'Mind-ass-spoded': Putting it scientifically, Bryce blows their brains out their ass with his mind. With his foe in a weakened state, Bryce approaches the foe, forcing his open palm on their forehead. Purging unnecessary memories he has acquired over the years into his victim's head, their brains can't hold all of the raw data, and literally explodes. The dumber the victim is, the bigger the fireworks. Bring popcorn.

-'Frozen Vegetables': By sticking his palm at the base of his victim's neck, Bryce drains all of his foe's memories, good or bad, and uses that energy to slowly freeze their brains, effectively dispatching them for good.

-'Prisoner of the mind': Putting it simply, Bryce locks his victim within the confines of their own minds. Reliving any embarrassing/traumatic memory for eternity. If the victim has none of their own, he congratulates them, and forces them to witness the hell he endured in the Terra Co. facility, forcing them to believe that it is them themselves that are being tested on.

-'Hypothermia': Restraining his foe with enough ice to prevent escape, Bryce goes through the painful process of slowly freezing all their bodily fluids. When they've endured enough pain without dying, he clenches his fist, shattering all of the ice within their system. The opponent will either explode, or bleed out at a later time. Depends on the amount of freezing they go through.
    It's quite graphic, I know.

If you want to use this, great! If not, I totally understand. I figured it would be a nice resource for the other authors to use.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 5th 2013, 12:46 pm

I quite like the template, as it give us a better understanding of just how far our heroes are willing to go with their powers.

I think I'll add that into the template in the Heroes and Demons Cast thread (which received a major overhaul in case you haven't been there yet/in a while).

Something to note: Alejandro, when in control of the Demon is notably quite less aggressive then when it is the other way.

The inbetween stage, where Al has to toy around with the Demon's mentality, will be somewhat similar to what Jordan has done in this chapter what and Bryce does with his powers in Morgan's latest post here.

That means to say that he'll be breaking bones, one hit KOing dudes, dislocating joints, and cutting off hands and such.

Later, when Alejandro gets to be in full control of the Demon (suppression, not collaboration) he'll be more of a Superman brawler. That means that he'll be using powerful punches and kicks but no more claws for stabbing, clawing, slicing, etc. He'll even go so far as to avoid breaking bones and causing severe bodily damage if necessary, but he will try to capture/knock out enemies.

Al doesn't like hurting people all that much which explains the inverse relation between control and lethal attacks.

There is ONE other stage, which is basically when all hell breaks lose and shit really hits the fan... but I'm still ironing out the details.

Basically it's far worse than the Demon being in full control. I'll keep you fellas updating on the details of that, such as why, when, how etc.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 5th 2013, 6:21 pm

Trying out the whole abilities template thing.

Name: Jordan Jones

Alias: Beta

Powers/Abilities: Edited Human Bionic Enhancements, Superhuman strength/stamina/agility/durability, energy cannon, enhanced senses, shapeshifting limb, healing factor/autorepair.

Abilities explained:

Advanced Edits: Jordan's unique physiology grants him incredible superhuman strength, speed, and endurance. He can push busses and flip cars, and punch through solid sheet metal. His fastest recorded running speed is 45 miles per hour (not fast enough to catch a speeding car, but enough to leave most people in the dust).

Weapons Arm: Jordan's right arm is fully bionic, and has been outfitted with one of the most advanced prosthetics known to man. Built with billions of working parts, all linked to his brain, he can generate a multitude of close range weapons and constructs, including jackhammers, blades, maces, flails, and long range grappling hooks.

His arm can also convert into a simple energy cannon.

Sensory Bundle: Jordan's brain was also edited, and inside of his reinforced metallic skull, his mind has been altered to bolster his "sixth sense." Any threat within range of his sense of hearing or sight is easier for him to notice, and all of the sensory data his mind receives is streamed back to the KMC, who monitor his fights.

Autorepair/Healing Factor:
    Potential spoiler for the series. Read if interested.:

Pain Tolerance: Jordan is incredibly resistant to pain and damage, due to severe burns he received as a young man. Those burns destroyed his right arm completely, and burned him over seventy-five percent of his body, sparing only his face, genitals, and most of his left arm.

Nothing, in his mind, compares to the pain he felt then, and due to his incredibly durable current form, pain doesn't phase him.

Uniform: His new uniform is bulletproof.

----------------------------------------

Signature moves:

-'Robotic Southpaw': When facing an enemy with strength comparable to his, Jordan defaults to basic punching and kicking. He has good reflexes and keen battle sense, so he typically wins in close quarters.

-'Weapons Right': Jordan's right arm can take the form of any tool or weapon, so he can use it to devastating effect in combat. Thus far, he's used a drill, a simple sword, a hammer, a jackhammer, and other things.

-'The Spur': He tends to avoid using it unless necessary, but his cannon-arm has two modes: stun and kill. His aim is mediocre.

-'Grapple Claw': Jordan can transform his arm into a grappling claw, and uses it to swing from place to place, retrieve distant items or grapple enemies towards him, or rocket himself towards an opponent to deal a severe blow.

-'ENDURE.': Jordan's autorepair and metallic nature allow him to withstand brutal beatings, and come back swinging. If necessary, he'll take abuse just to dish out an effective counterattack, or protect civilians from gunfire (or worse).

---------------------------------------------

Finishing moves: Jordan tends to avoid lethal force, but if he knows an enemy can take substantial amounts of abuse, or he NEEDS to kill them, then...

-'SUPER ARM!!': Jordan grabs an enemy (possibly using his grappling claw), and simply throws them as hard and far as he can. If the enemy is a normal human, this can prove fatal.

-'Multiple Lock Ons': Jordan's cannon charges for a few seconds, and releases a multiple round burst. This assault would be lethal to even some meta-humans if taken head on.

-'Metallic Devil': While not a killing move in and of itself, if Jordan's edited systems are electrified, they can preform at 200% capacity, making him twice as strong, twice as fast, and providing his cannon with four times the power. His eyes glow unnaturally, and his movements become erratic and frightening.

-'Final Flash': By pooling as much energy into his cannon as he can, he can fire off a shot capable of leveling a building. Such an act would render his cannon arm overheated and damaged for a little while, but it would recover and repair itself soon enough.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 5th 2013, 9:24 pm

I was rethinking the matching uniforms thing.

While they don't have to share the same style of clothing, maybe they could have a colour scheme? Or a log0/armband on their shoulders or something

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 1:18 am