Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Bad John October 5th 2013, 9:28 pm

Armband sounds cool. They could all have a cloth with the team name around a part of their body.

Jordan would do left forearm.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 5th 2013, 9:33 pm

Demon would probably go for an armband as well. Right bicep most likely.

I thought about giving it something to wear around it's neck but then it'd look like a collar.

And give the appearance of an oversized pet. Not the image I want for it, lol.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 5th 2013, 9:35 pm

Mason'd probably do a scarf.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 5th 2013, 9:40 pm

Since Sam's got a full suit of armour, maybe he'd have it printed across his chest or something?

I dunno about Mason and a scarf. Scarves, at least from what I've seen, are used mostly by women... and he DID make fun of Jordan's costume for resembling a female uniform, even if it was designed to fit a man.

Mason might wear an armband as well... or legband? I'm trying to think of items of clothing that won't just fly away whenever he uses his powers.

If he ever gets a full costume, as of now it seems like he just fights in street clothes, maybe it could be on his back?

I was also thinking, that after some set point, the costumes are upgraded to actually augment/compliment the users' abilities... Kinda like in the Incredibles.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 6th 2013, 12:40 am

I just tend to imagine Mason with a Protoman-esque scarf. Some male protagonists tend to wear those. With his wind based powers, it'd be an indicator of when he's angry or using his abilities.

Question. Have we ever had a detailed description of Mason? What's the guy look like?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 6th 2013, 1:04 am

What's a protoman?

Oh and I checked Angel's two story posts and his bio of Mason. There is no description.

I always assumed he was a white guy with brown hair and a beard.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 6th 2013, 1:18 am

Manny wrote:What's a protoman?
    That guy. <-------- Linky link.

Anyway, I'm thinking of Jordan and Lucifer fighting. Like, a concept brawl in my head.

It doesn't end well for Jordan, but I'd imagine Lucifer would be impressed with his battle-sense.

I'ma write the idea in a notepad for later.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 6th 2013, 2:11 am

Shad0wChas3r wrote:Coming soon fellas, still planning the perfect costume design for him, since I technically haven't announced it in Ascension yet Razz.
    Isn't Ascension BEFORE H&D?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 6th 2013, 3:24 am

Yes, I plan on announcing his costume in the next chapter or two of Ascension.

I'll explain, when I developed Bryce/Glacycle, I never really envisioned much of a costume, other than a light blue face mask that covered his nose and concealed most of his forehead, kind of like Batman's cowl.

Then when we started this collab, I began to contemplate making him a full costume, and planned on showing it off in Ascension first. But because we moved the collab ahead so rapidly *not that this is a bad thing Smile *. I must think of the design a bit quicker then I had assumed, and therefore it will be announced in Ascension before I update in the collab, because it can have some deeper meaning to him.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, the arm band will be a patch over the heart of his costume, whatever it is.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 6th 2013, 7:41 pm

OH YES.

One really important detail I forgot to mention...

Al, until he his able to fully suppress his demon... can't talk. He won't be as much of an animal either... but he can't talk. Think of him as more of a really big dog/domesticated big cat.

An animal who's dangerous to his enemies and gets along well enough with those he likes despite not being able to physically talk.

Of course he can still bark, growl, and howl but he doesn't do so the same extremes as he did in the first two fight sequences.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 8th 2013, 2:18 am

Slight concept piece of Jordan fighting Lucifer. Couldn't think of anywhere else to put it, since it's not canon yet, and it's just to get a feel for the big bad's powers.

The tall, orange demon stood quietly, his energy eating at the concrete beneath his broad feet.

His tail swished expectantly. He knew damn well the attack was coming, and his mind blocked out the tromping feet of the frankly annoying humans.

Multiple Lock Ons. Jordan's cannon arm primed, and fired. Lucifer made no motion to avoid the attacks, and they impacted against his chest. Each blue shot of pure energy and light was absorbed, drunken by his thick, orange cloak.

Jordan's eyes widened. He could see a smile spread across Lucifer's face.

"An exhibition? How quaint. Allow me to reply."

Lucifer's knees bent, and he jerked forward with terrifying speed, the cement behind him peeled backwards by the force of his jump. Jordan scrambled to dodge Lucifer's arm.

"YOU CAN'T RUN" The demon's voice commanded. Jordan rallied a defense. He'd never been more acutely frightened of an opponent in all his life. The creature TOWERED over him, like most other demons, but this one was different. This one was mind killing. It exuded fear from every inch of its body.

Jordan blocked the first punch with both arms. He felt his bones bend, but he needed to defend himself. He leaped backwards as the creature strode forward, swinging its fists. Their arms echoed as they met, Jordan deflecting another blow. He ducked a third punch, feeling the weight and heat pass him by.

No other chance. Gotta hit him with EVERYTHING. Jordan blocked the next punch with his left arm, and retaliated. His blows echoed off of Lucifer's chest.

The devil chortled. The blow had actually been felt underneath the cloak. It made him feel alive, but now was the time for him to teach the smaller meta a lesson.

He swung his fist with more speed and purpose. The attack caught Jordan under the chin, knocking him off his feet. He stomped forward, and swung both arms, pummeling Jordan, who desperately defended himself with both arms, blood dripping from his quickly healing wounds. Bruises faded in instants.

"IS THIS THE INDOMITABLE BETA?! FIGHT BACK!" Lucifer brought his right arm around, and battered Jordan off of his feet. Jordan rolled away, and planted one knee on the ground, his blaster cannon forward.

He'd bought enough time to charge it up.

"TAKE IT ALL!!" Jordan barked, aiming directly at Lucifer.

The devil held out both arms, accepting the attack head on. "With pleasure, young one."

BLAMMMMMMMM

In an instant, Lucifer held his hands together in front of him, and he simply caught the ray of energy. It pooled into his hands, which glowed blue for an instant. As soon as Jordan had fired, the devil had absorbed the energy.

Lucifer strode forward, that same sporting expression on his face.

"Your battle sense is impressive, to say nothing of your raw power. But, I'm above you, young one. But let me return your gift."

Jordan, speechless, simply watched, as Lucifer extended one single finger.

One single finger pressed against Jordan's chest. It glowed the same blue as the energy fired from his own arm cannon.

BLAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Jordan hurtled straight backwards, only coming to a stop when his back struck a wall. Everything went black, his eyes went empty, and shut.

Is that pretty much in line with Lucifer's planned suite of abilities and powers? I've been thinking a lot about that guy. He's the big bad, so taking out one of the main heroes alone, with no backup, should be a walk in the park for him.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 8th 2013, 3:27 pm

Seems ok to me.

Somehow I get the feeling that a classic "good guys beat bad guys in a brawl" won't work here. Even a regular punch has kinetic energy.

Maybe we'd simply have to foil his plans in such a way that he can't carry them out?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 8th 2013, 4:05 pm

A physical fight against him isn't gonna work, considering his demon strength, and his secondary ability.

It'd need to be a symbolic, or tactical victory to beat him, and even then, he might just track you down and kill you personally for foiling his plans.

With such an enemy, the road ahead for the heroes is dark for the moment. :(
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 8th 2013, 4:16 pm

I suppose tearing the Alliance between Alpha and Lucifer apart would be a good first step.

Or at least "beating"/stopping/capturing Alpha should be a dent in Lucifer plans. Without Alpha causing mayhem, Lucifer will be forced to either step up the quantity of gang attacks (and risk drawing attention to himself directly or indirectly) or find a new method of finding other Demons.

At this moment, it's pretty hit and miss but Lucifer is just getting started and he has ambition. Al is going to be ridiculously easy to find (Enrique will see him, maybe fight him, in this scene). Behemoth might be a chance find, and I was thinking of giving Al a rival.

Like a legitimate Sonic vs Shadow type rivalry. Lucifer has bigger plans than one upping Al.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 8th 2013, 11:40 pm

Bad John wrote:Seven princes of hell? I like that. We've got:

Lucifer (used)
    Beelzebub (used)
    Mammon (greed. metal?)
    Asomdeus (lust. tentacles?)
    Leviathan (obviously water.)
    Satan (rage, so maybe an enhanced version of Alejandro?)
    Belphegor (laziness. maybe a time bomb?)

I don't know much about them individually, I just know Beelzebub is associated with flies and gluttony. I'll do some reading and see what I can come up with.
    So this is what I found...

Lucifer: pride
    Mammon: greed
    Asmodeus: lust
    Leviathan: envy
    Beelzebub: gluttony
    Satan: wrath
    Belphegor: sloth

So I stand corrected.

The Seven Deadly Sins coressponding to the Seven Princes of Hell seems to be the most popular classification of Demons, even though most people assume Lucifer = Satan and don't even know about the rest.

Anyways I think it'd be neat if each Demon character's strength was brought out by their sin.

Lucifer's pride of being a meta, or simply superior to humans, is what drives him for a meta dominated world.

Beelzebub seems gluttonous by feasting on fallen enemies. Not sure what else.

Asmodeus could be either male or female with an intense desire for intercourse and to pass on the Demon's "seed" or to give birth. Which would have interesting effects since Demons ARE altered on the genetic level... Leading to some enhanced babies. I suppose to make this Demon dangerous is that if you turn them down... They kill you?

Leviathan is supposed to be envy... So maybe it could be someone that is never satisfied with what they have? I'm kinda stumped on what enhances its powers.

Mammon... Perhaps a greed for glory? Just the chance to prove he's the best sets him off? Or a greed for money, making him more or less of a hired gun?

Belphegor... A dude that's just lazy I guess. Maybe he's like an energy bomb, that pulses every now and then? He could have a less aggressive Demon, allowing him to control it to some degree. When in active combat though I'd assume the energy pulses can't be used?

And Satan... Yahweh's prosecutor, meant to test people's faith in God. John suggested an enhanced version of Alejandro, but it could also BE him for an interesting plot twist. He's got the whole rate thing down :PIt'd also explain why he's vastly stronger compared to Demons like Enrique.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 8th 2013, 11:55 pm

There are all tentative ideas, none set in stone.

Leviathan, as Envy, could be jealous of humanity's complacent, normal lives and mortality, where he is cursed with nearly unlimited power. As such, he wants to make life terrible for humans, so he won't feel that emptiness of the normal life that he lost when he became a demon. That'd be an interesting character study. :D

My idea for Mammon is that his energy cloak is gold. Greed, gold, it fits. I got nothin' else. Maybe his cloak's fists are hard and hammerlike? Donno.

Asmodeus could be the key to making Goblins/Imps, his/her ability to spread his/her "seed" being his/her only remarkable ability?

I hate to lift ideas from other sources, but Belphegor could be lazy because his demon is incredibly unstable. Maybe when he actually gets off his duff and fights, he loses control of it, and overexerts himself, and then goes back to sleep for extended periods. His potential is designed to be wasted and squandered, but when he DOES fight, it's incredibly dangerous?

I like the idea of Al being Satan. Maybe that could be one of Lucifer's goals: to recruit Al and the others, and make the heroes see their "true potential" as a kings of power.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 9th 2013, 12:05 am

I prefer your ideas to mine so far. I suppose we can keep bouncing this around.

About Asmodeus... If they were male then they'd could have access to Enrique's Prostitution rings to produce the babies required to make imps.

...Wow, that got REALLY dark.

Oh and Vale, Morgan, and Angel... Feel free to say something if you happen stumble upon this and have a few minutes to think. Not saying you HAVE to, but it's your story as well Smile
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 9th 2013, 12:12 am

I like your idea for Asmodeus, and I think we should keep it. It's suuuuuuuuuper dark. O_o

My side-note ideas were:

1. Asmodeus could be a seductive, vampire like figure, who can be whoever the victim desires. After being luring the victim in, Asmo plants the seeds and turns the person into an imp, or just assassinates them.

2. Asmodeus is a pedophile, and embodies the darker aspects of "Lust."

Both of those ideas can be conductive to the prostitution ring ideas, either because Asmodeus is into that sort of thing (Jesus Christ forgive me) or because Asmodeus does it as a duty, and works the nightshift as an assassin/seductor who makes adult imps.

Asmo could have the ability to "charm" targets, almost like a siren for adults, or the Pied Piper of Hameln for children. Either way, Asmo wouldn't be much of a fighter, relying on its Imps and personal guards, resorting only to fighting as a last resort, perhaps, or charming attackers and turning them against their teammates.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 9th 2013, 12:27 am

I think Asmo should ENJOY his job. It makes more sense.

I also like how the seed makes adult imps. Babies was just... Too dark, even for my liking.

Not sure about the Pedophile thing, because how does he turn them into Imps? 0_0

Also, I'm assuming that Imps would be akin to the Angel, just former ghosts of themselves. So if Imps were children... And the team used lethal force... Wouldn't they be killing children?

Charming targets would be cool... But our team is all male so... Unless one of them comes out of the closest then and there I don't think it'd be much of a problem.

Unless he makes random civilian women attack the heroes, giving him time to escape.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 9th 2013, 12:38 am

Maybe Asmo could have no confirmed gender, and when it's out of its cloak, you see what you want to see. That was my initial idea. Then, when it dons its cloak, it can seed people.

Maybe it assassinates enemy gang targets, or seeds them for its own use? It's all down to what Lucifer's needs are, since Asmo works for him at the end of the day. If Lucifer needs Asmo to seed adults, Asmo seeds adults. If Lucifer needs Asmo to seed children, Asmo seeds children.

What's important is that Asmo likes what Asmo does. :P

I doubt Lucifer would ever stoop to seeding children though, so maybe we could ditch the whole pedophile thing altogether.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 9th 2013, 12:49 am

I think Lucifer would do it AFTER meta-humans achieve dominance. He wouldn't do it before because it would justify claims of metas being monsters.

And Asmo does it while cloaked? I never considered Demon dong just hanging there. I always considered it like armour so there is no dong.

But Asmo could be a special case Razz

I GOT AN IDEA for Mammon! Maybe it can suck energy up, like Lucifer, but he needs it to sustain his cloak? I'd assume that when he met Lucifer the problem was mostly solved, but when he's in combat on his own he'll need to do so.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 9th 2013, 12:54 am

Woooooooah. I don't ever wanna be seeded if it involves a big energy dong.

You can write those chapters. I'll pass. xD

I like that idea for Mammon. Greedy for energy.

Not all of the enemies WOULD have totally different powers. Mammons could be an imperfect version of Lucifer's total energy absorption. Maybe in battle the more he absorbs, the more powerful he grows, and the key to beating him is to "starve" him.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 9th 2013, 1:04 am

...I say the most experienced in that field writes it, if deemed necessary to write. All the PRONZ in the world wouldn't help me.

Oh, and I think Asmo should be a dude. If it accepts being "seeded" by someone it has to lug around a baby for nine months. Not even sure how you would "seed" (as a verb) as a female.

I'm trying to think of something for Leviathan that doesn't totally rip off Sylphide's powers...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 9th 2013, 1:10 am

I thought "seeding" was just putting energy on someone, and turning them into a mindless critter, not actually knocking someone up with an imp. O_o

Well, moving on...

Maybe Leviathan can move super fast in water? It needn't become water to be an aquatic villain.

Or perhaps he's the most mobile of the creatures, capable of moving at incredible speeds and generating fins for water and limbs for land, and can fight well in either. The Marine of the Seven Fiends.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 9th 2013, 4:48 pm

"Seeding" is, at least what I thought up, was Asmo "impregnates" a women not with a baby but with energy. The sperm is actually modified to be a virus of some sort that spreads its DNA throughout the victim's system and turns them into an Imp.

Since this was Asmo, I figured there had to be some form of sexuality attached to lust. Although Asmo being male does limit who he can make into Imps, making them exclusively female. Not sure if this is alright with you fellas, or if we should work around that?

I like the idea for Leviathan. I believe that in the bible Behemoth is supposed to be the land counterpart of Leviathan, but why one is a prince of Hell and the other isn't I don't know.

As for Leviathan... I believe it's generally assumed it's like some kind of sea serpent, some believe it's actually an extinct dinosaur.

I like this depiction of Leviathan the best personally (well maybe give it a bigger mouth and eyes)Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 16 Leviathan_by_beloved_creature-d39y19b

Perhaps that could be Leviathan when in a sufficiently large enough body of water, but with the typical energy cloak?

When out of water... maybe he can slither about like the Martian Manhunter does when he shape shifts into that serpent like form (in the Justice League series)?

OH YEAH, I did some research and I found something interesting.

Satan = Lucifer BUT Lucifer =/= Satan sometimes.

Basically Satan's name IS Lucifer, but Lucifer can also be used as a title to depict any real enemy of God.

So for the purposes of this story... Al (Satan) and Lucifer could be like two sides of the same coin?

Both with incredible power for destruction, but one is calm and collected while the other is angry and chaotic?

Of course, their hosts play a factor in how much good or bad they do.

About the seven deadly sins... Is it me or is it somewhat symbolic that a group of HEROES are going to tackle the seven greatest sins head one and win (assuming we go with this idea)? Isn't that what a Hero is supposed to be? A shining example of Humanity? Just thought I'd point that out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 9:44 am