Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Bad John April 25th 2013, 2:08 pm

Morgan said he had something, or he was going to start on something. He's up.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 25th 2013, 2:12 pm

Ah, right. Whenever you're ready Morgan. Remember, if you use Sam much, he's quiet, perceptive, and is prone to splitting headaches and can be riled up after a good amount of pestering or when he's fighting for something good. When he gets angry, he becomes terrifyingly mad.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 25th 2013, 8:45 pm

If anyone has anything ready, now's a fine time. Feel free to discuss or just drop a chapter.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 25th 2013, 9:37 pm

I'm bored. Might as well type something up.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 25th 2013, 9:38 pm

Well Jensen, you're probably in the best position to get something typed up.
    I think it can be assumed Alejandro went to sleep. I think, unless you feel like using him.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 25th 2013, 9:45 pm

Seems about right. I'll do so.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 25th 2013, 11:56 pm

Jensen can go next. I'll need a bit more time. Although she's alright, she still needs a caretaker after it. I'll be more readily available by Saturday.

I should also point out that I'm going to NYC on Wednesday, and I won't be back until Saturday. I will NOT have access to a computer either of the days I'm gone, so feel free to go on without me, and as always, feel free to use Bryce.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 25th 2013, 11:59 pm

I nod in approval, Morgan.

Take care of business. Family is ALWAYS first.

Don't worry about the story, we'll use Bryce. He's a solid character, and we look forward to your return.

If you have any comments or details, feel free to let me know. You and your family are in our prayers, buddy.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 26th 2013, 12:06 am

Yep, if you need anything Morgan, I'd seriously be happy to help you.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 26th 2013, 12:10 am

Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Anyways, I was about to post something, and my sister called saying she was in the hospital, had to go see if she was alright. She is and she's home now.
    Wat. I was wondering why people were like "I hope she's ok". I had no idea who "she" was. Now I do.

Sorry if I can across as a dick since I didn't say anything. Anyways thankfully she's doing better. Take your time with whatever you need to do.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 26th 2013, 1:01 am

Finished. Took some risks with the characters, both Jordan and Sam mostly. They took center stage this chapter. If you don't like something, let me know and I'll change it. Just lemme know why. I'd like to learn how to represent characters better in my writing.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 26th 2013, 1:27 am

Since Al's asleep, Sam's asleep too, I'm going to write a short resolution to Jordan's day.

I'll write it in a way that leaves it open ended, in case Manny wants to conclude his character's evening as well.

I know I want to start on the next day soon. We'll discuss what that will hold tomorrow.

I'd like to thank all involved. It's a damn good story, and I couldn't do it alone. I really hope it lasts.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 26th 2013, 9:39 am

It can only get better. I'm sticking with this until I have to leave.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 26th 2013, 12:34 pm

Enemy ideas:

King Kong

Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Yellow

Details: A relatively simple meta-human, he possesses superhuman strength.

He is very large and heavy, standing at eight and a half feet. He is almost pure muscle, and has a scruffy black beard. His teeth are sharp, resembling a primate's fangs.

He is simple minded, but by no means an idiot. He is a mercenary who completes objectives through brute force, flinging cars like pillows and climbing buildings easily.

He has a sharp temper and a delicate ego, so drawing him into a fight, while a markedly bad decision, is relatively easy.

Burnout

Hair Color: Red
    Eye Color: Black

Details: A flashy showoff at heart, Burnout possesses Pyrokinesis, and impressive speed, capable of running incredibly fast, leaving flaming trails behind his feet. He can throw superheated flames four meters around his body, generate fireballs, and combust flammable objects by shooting small sparks from his eyes or teeth by blinking or clicking his tongue.

He is a pacifist and a coward, but can be driven to fighting if cornered, or well paid. He has not fully mastered his pyrokinesis, because he doesn't have the strength of character to truly push his limits and try.

His abilities, excluding his running speed, can be completely nullified of he is soaked in water or deprived of air.

Swarm

Hair Color: Yellow with black stripes
    Eye Color: Blue

Details: A sadist and a bully, Swarm is incredibly vain, a shoplifter, and rarely uses her powers. She typically attempts to keep a low profile, or convince other Meta-Humans to fight FOR her, but her powers are formidable when she is angered.

She has the ability to fly at incredible speeds, and fire needle-like protrusions from her fingertips, "stinging" her opponents. She has a gang of bewitched thugs, once normal club-hopping young men who fell into her "trap"- Those who mate with her become her "drones" through a shady, probably (un?)pleasant process.

Jordan's organization possesses a vaccine, but the healing process takes days, and often times the drones will not wish to cooperate.

Her most powerful drone, "Boss," is her husband.

Angel

Hair Color: Obscured
    Eye Color: Pale yellow

Description: A hideous, somewhat sentient byproduct of the "Demon" project. Originally a psychotic, the host of Angel has completely dissociated. If he is in there, the Angel has complete control.

Capable of limited flight using thin wings, the creature slaughters and preys upon anything and everything it desires. It possesses immense strength, sharpened teeth, and no arms. Its upper body appears to be in an energy straight jacket, and it utilizes five tendril "straps" that can reach several meters, each possessing a brass buckle on the end, driving home the straight jacket motif.

Its skin is pale blue, and seems to be made of living energy, constantly slithering and glowing. It possesses multiple eyes across its body that sit horizontally on its face, neck, and torso.

After aimlessly wandering for a long time, Angel now nears a populated area.

Approach with extreme caution. The Angel is capable of endless destruction.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 26th 2013, 1:58 pm

Techmo

Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown

Description: A former member of Jordan's organization, Tim Reed stole experimental technology and uses it for his own personal gain.

He possesses concussive energy shielding, strength enhancing gauntlets, holographic drones, a high powered laser handgun, an energy blade, long-fall and flight shoes, all installed into a casual jogging suit.

A man of science at heart, he allies himself with Alpha, and fancies himself Beta's rival. Jordan considers him an annoyance and a fool, and will go out of his way to bring him to justice.

He isn't above using a normal gun either.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 26th 2013, 2:59 pm

Ah. Also, the name of Jordan's organization is "The King's Daughters Experimental Medical Company." KMC, for short.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 26th 2013, 3:11 pm

Angel doesn't sound very... Angelic.

Regardless, it seems like an interesting foe.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 26th 2013, 3:40 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:It can only get better. I'm sticking with this until I have to leave.
    *cries*
    ...How much time is left?
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 26th 2013, 4:39 pm

Manny wrote:
    Doctor Jensen wrote:It can only get better. I'm sticking with this until I have to leave.
    *cries*
    August 7th. I'll friend everyone on Facebook before I leave.

Anyways, I like 'em John. They all seem like contrasts to the heroes.

Also, Manny, you up next?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 26th 2013, 4:42 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:
    Manny wrote:
    *cries*
    August 7th. I'll friend everyone on Facebook before I leave.

Anyways, I like 'em John. They all seem like contrasts to the heroes.

Also, Manny, you up next?
    Leave for where?

Anyways, Manny's at the bat. Seems like ages since he last went.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 26th 2013, 4:46 pm

Oh, right. I leave on an LDS--Mormon--mission for two years in Japan on August 7t. No access to this site or anything, but I'd like to be able to stay in contact with you guys after I get back. So I'll ask for Facebook information sometime soon.

I like how the story's going though. What's Manny got planned with the kid? Only time can tell.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 26th 2013, 4:49 pm

...Alright, I'm just going to say it.

Jensen, I've been under the impression that you've been terminally ill for several months. Every now and then, Manuel would reference the fact that you're "leaving."

I never asked because I assumed he told you in private, or while I was away, and I wanted to wait until you were comfortable bringing it up.

Is...is that TRUE, or am I retarded?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 26th 2013, 5:08 pm

Bad John wrote:...Alright, I'm just going to say it.

Jensen, I've been under the impression that you've been terminally ill for several months. Every now and then, Manuel would reference the fact that you're "leaving."

I never asked because I assumed he told you in private, or while I was away, and I wanted to wait until you were comfortable bringing it up.

Is...is that TRUE, or am I retarded?
    Check his post right before yours.

Japan ain't the afterlife Smile
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 26th 2013, 5:09 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH I'M SO STUPID.

My bad, Jensen. >.<
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 26th 2013, 6:46 pm

Actually I am terminally ill.

Hahahahaha. Just kidding. Why did you think that?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 3:50 pm