Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

3 posters

Famine abroad *Dead Space 3 One Shot*

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Famine abroad *Dead Space 3 One Shot* Empty Famine abroad *Dead Space 3 One Shot*

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 3rd 2013, 4:52 pm

This is a one shot in which I will attempt to write the events that will eventually lead to the coming of a new breed of Necromorphs, as seen in Dead Space 3; the Feeders. I feel it is necessary to mention that this story is visceral, and contains content that is not for the faint of heart.

Tau Volantis

May 29th, 2314

Sgt. Richard Foley

51st Security Division

Personal log, Sergeant Richard Folly, 51st Security Division. Un-fucking-believable! Of all the Divisions the great and powerful Admiral Graves could've put me on, and I'm stuck baby-sitting a bunch of egg-heads. Worse part though? One of these fucking loons is a rock-head! It's bad enough that I have to sit on my ass all day and watch a bunch of scientists scout around this ice ball of horse shit, when I could be back at Earth fighting a REAL war!

I don't even know what the hell these guys are so afraid of, with as much intel that General Mahad withheld, we're literally just chasing shadows down here.

Oh great, my first taste of action, some ass-hole's going around hitting people. I can hear him from my quarters, yelling something about 'Turn it off' or something or other. Going to go shut him up.

Foley out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

May 30th, 2314

Sgt. Richard Foley

51st Security Division

Well this is just fucking perfect. The fella from yesterday was the god-damn Rock head. Everyone in the 41st Engineering Division knows my disposition, and I face being tried for being an anti-Semite. It's not my fault he came at me with an ice pick. I was defending myself, am I glad it's one less Rock-head preaching his religion? Hell yes, but that wasn't the reason I shot him.

Not only did he seriously maim Doc. Frederik Mercer, but he's also gone and attacked our food supply! The way I see it, we've got about two weeks worth left. Saw Sam Ackerman today, christ, it's been years since I last saw that son of a bitch. Tried to ask him how he's doing, but he was to busy talking to that Tim Caufman again. Don't know why he'd hang around with that kid, fucking kid looks and sounds like a weasel. I like to stay professional, but this kid takes the cake!

He likes to think he's a soldier, but the fucking dolt doesn't know half the time if he remembered to reload his fucking gun. One of these days it'll bite him in the ass, and you can quote me on that.

Woah, lights went out for a second there, god damned storm must've blown a fuse. I'm surrounded by Engineers and Scientists though, someone should know how to fix a fucking lightbulb around here. Should probably go out and hold their hands, lest the bogeyman get them, fucking paranoid egg-heads.

Foley out.

June 2nd, 2314

51st Security Division

Sgt. Richard Foley

It's official, something is definitely up with this place. I've been patrolling this god forsaken base for the past couple of days with little to no sleep. They said that the power outage the other day wasn't an act of the storm, and there was no visible sign of sabotage- well, where any normal person could reach.

I took the chance to get away from all the numbers and science to get a good walk. I told the lazy sons of bitches to keep their panties straight, that Daddy would check the closet. The only thing I found were mouse farts and dust bunnies. God damn these paranoid ass-holes. Here I am, walking the halls of an alien planet, looking for the bogeyman, while Katie and Charles are at home, trying not to get killed by the S.C.A.F's TRUE enemies. God I miss them, I just wish we could go home, instead of freezing our asses off for nothing.

Hold on... ventilation shaft guard just shattered behind me. Thought I heard something.

Foley out.

June 3rd, 2314

51st Security Division

Sgt. Richard Foley

Don't know what the fuck that thing was, but at least now I know what the scientists were all nervous about. Thing looked human, only it's arms burst out of it's shoulders, with blades sticking grotesquely out of their wrists. The milky white eyes were the dead giveaway though. Those stories I'd heard on the CMS Terra Nova about Necromorphs, their real.

With the help of Sam, Weasel boy, and myself, we were able to protect the Scientists as we went deeper into the base. Suit kiosk was sabotaged by the same clown the other day. Only a handful of suits left, and even then, we'd need Mahad's clearance for access. Still haven't heard anything from ground teams, and I can only assume everyone's dead.

We brought as much of our food as we could, but most of it was spoiled. I dunno what's going to happen next. It's also going to be a while before I add more to this log. We've really got to reinforce this place.

June 6th, 2314

51st Security Division

Sgt. Richard Foley

It's been quite the while, but we're fairly certain no-ones coming for us. General Mahad has probably called in the executive order and ordered the cleansing of everyone on Tau Volantis and above. As we speak, EVERYONE could be dead by now.

Food has run low, and I've offered my portions to the Scientists in hopes that they find the stop to whatever madness this Planet holds, but time is short. My stomach grumbles with each tasty morsel these people eat.

I'm losing my mind down here, everything I think about is survival. Tim has gone to work with Sorrano, lucky bastard. Some kid is coming over to me, holding out a piece of meat.

"Try this." He says. "It's pretty fresh."

Fresh is not the word I would use for this. It smells like death, and I'd rather off myself than eat it. But a mysterious force in the back of my mind is telling me to go for it, to sink my teeth into the raw flesh in his hands. In a flash, I've grasped the meat from his hands, ripping apart the food with my teeth. The taste is enough to wrinkle my nose, but I braved through it, the sweet juices flowing down my throat.

But the hunger refuses to go away dammit! Must find more.

Foley out.

June 8th, 2314

51st Security Division

Sgt. Richard Foley

That kid fed me one of THEM!! I like it though, the tastes, the smell, the power. Sam Ackerman watches the rest of us, as we cut up these undead food sources, devouring their flesh like a pack of hungry wolves, but we don't care.

He looks into the food storage, moaning and groaning.

"Oh no no no! They spoiled all the food!" He turns to me, as I straighten myself out, the hunger still there. "Sarge? Did you hear me, it's gone, it's-it's all gone!"

My throat is scratchy, I feel my throat, I've lost weight, and my voice has seemed to heightened a bit, making me sound no different than that Weasel Tim.

"Man does not live by bread alone." I reply.

"The hell's that supposed to mean?!"

"-The meat is all around us." I state, my stomach still growling. "Tasty meat- fingers, toes, noses-"

My stomach continues to grumble, no matter how much I eat. I walk away from him, the bits of snow that have leaked into the room sloshing beneath my feet.

"Where are you going?" He asks, but I do not answer him. "What's gotten into you... HEY?!"

I turn to face him, my eyes glaring deep into his.

"Everyone must understand, they must know-" the growling in my stomach are unbearable, I grab him by the shoulders, lifting him into the air. "THEY MUST EAT!"

---------------------------------------------------

June 10th, 2314

51st Security Division

Sgt. Richard Foley

I looked at myself in the mirror today. I'm frail, my bones are showing through my skin. No matter how much of that meat I eat, the more I-

WHO THE FUCK JUST FLASHED ME WITH A LIGHT?!

Whoever it is, I swing at them with my fist, growling low like a vicious rabid animal. I don't like to be disturbed. The door was locked yesterday, Sam abandoned us. My brothers and I. His loss. We have the food.

Hunger, I can still feel it, even after I've ripped off the meat from this one scientist who refused to eat. My stomach continues to growl, no matter how much of the succulent meat I devour.

I walk over to the door, I can hear things, it's Sam.

"Sam?! Is that you Sam?! Don't leave us Sam! We're just hungry is all! Hey boys, FRESH MEAT!!!"

The others look to me, as we all thrash on his door, the elevator or something behind it raising. Lights fade for a second, and for a brief moment, the hunger is over. I look down at the picture of my family, wishing they would never see or hear of what I've become. I collapse to the floor.

[transmission abruptly stopped]
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Famine abroad *Dead Space 3 One Shot* Empty Re: Famine abroad *Dead Space 3 One Shot*

Post  Manny March 3rd 2013, 10:47 pm

...Wait did the sarge become one of the necromorphs? Does eating them do that?

I'm total noob when it comes to Dead Space.

Either way, I like the way you wrote his transformation. He still seems sane the way you write him, but we all know he's insane.

"We're just hungry, that's all", he makes it sound so innocent.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Famine abroad *Dead Space 3 One Shot* Empty Re: Famine abroad *Dead Space 3 One Shot*

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 3rd 2013, 10:52 pm

They were slowly starving, but that was only because the meat wasn't able to be digested.

In short, yes, the Sarge was in fact transformed into a Feeder necromorph, which is why I wrote him collapsing, and the log ending.

Thanks for reading and the feedback by the way. It's actually my first time trying something like this. Especially 1st person.

Last edited by Shad0wChas3r on March 3rd 2013, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness March 3rd 2013, 11:00 pm

shadow did you know sam is the character you play in dead space 3 or is that someone else or not i dont know it he
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 3rd 2013, 11:02 pm

The angel of hope wrote:shadow did you know sam is the character you play in dead space 3 or is that someone else or not i dont know it he

Only if you play cooperative, and it's only in the prologue.

I'd also like to point out that there is a link when Sam is moaning and groaning to the Sarge. That is an actual in game log that I used as inspiration for this.

Also: Here <--- is the gameplay footage of what the Necromorphs are like, almost 200 years following the events of this one shot.

Last edited by Shad0wChas3r on March 3rd 2013, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness March 3rd 2013, 11:09 pm

ok Manny i am really good telling you dead space stuff like how when the necromorph "dies" with one shot he is faking it
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 3rd 2013, 11:18 pm

The angel of hope wrote:ok Manny i am really good telling you dead space stuff like how when the necromorph "dies" with one shot he is faking it

Not necessarily, mien fruend.

Take a look at this:

It might or might not show gameplay of him actually killing with it. But a Necromorph, even on the highest difficulty, will STAY dead when shot with this gun, one shot, numerous kills.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 3rd 2013, 11:20 pm

Dead Space is too scary for me to actually play it.

Maybe I can make it through Dead Space 3 with a pal. Just joke around the whole time.

But the demo for Dead Space 2 was too much... Couldn't do it.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness March 3rd 2013, 11:21 pm

manny same here i was so scared the first time i saved at every save spot i seen you get use to it just have to brave through it ok
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 3rd 2013, 11:23 pm

We're going a bit into discussion now folks. I don't mind, but I'd like to reserve the rest for feedback.

Also Manuel, if you get it, I'll join you.

And I'll bring the Devil's Horns
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 3rd 2013, 11:25 pm

No u.

I fucking shit my pants the first time I saw a Necromorph.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 9:54 pm