Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+12
WOLF
Impanther
dragon of darkness
Splazer Zero
foxyfoxy90
It's Kruger
zman007playr
Spinal Clerk
Doctor Jensen
I_IRONMAN_I
Manny
Bad John
16 posters

Discuss Anything

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Discuss Anything  - Page 11 Empty Re: Discuss Anything

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 8th 2013, 8:27 am

Manny wrote:
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Bad John wrote:How would one change the color of their name?

I'm happy with brown, but I remember someone asking me for a change, but I couldn't figure on how to change it for them.

It's rank color. If they want the color of their name changed, they have to be of another rank. And if they want to be of another rank, they kinda need to be here Razz

...Then how come Jensen, Vale, and myself are all Freelancer Operatives and yet... We retain our previous rank's colour?

Simple, you are still Spartans, not Freelancer Operatives. There was a muff up when I originally created this site. I created titles and ranks. Currently, your title is Freelancer Operative, but your rank is Spartan.

Before you ask, no, I didn't tamper with any of this. If John changed you all to Freelancer Operatives, he changed your title, not your rank. Thus you don't have the permissions that they do.

John has convinced me to make the change ACTUALLY happen, so congratulations guys.

I'd like to add that any and all member promotions should be discussed with me before they happen, so that I can change their rank and title, and to prevent these kinds of events from occuring again.

Note: Well this is interesting indeed. I just realized that your title is what allows members to be promoted automatically! So for all you standard members out there that have been waiting for that promotion that you so rightly deserve I will set this up and it should set everything right for you as well.

Last edited by Shad0wChas3r on May 8th 2013, 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 8th 2013, 8:42 am

They're ALL deserving of just as much power as us. They've been here just as long as us, with the exception of Vale, who I trust implicitly regardless of senority.

We are the board. All of us contributed to this place the most. I don't know why we should have any power when they don't.

We both know they're all level headed, like minded, good people, and in terms of authority, I would STEP DOWN in rank just to see them step up. I say all three of them should hold just as much privilege on the forum as me.

It's not like things'll spiral out of control if we have 3 additional fingers on the trigger. They should all be promoted to my level. They're the BRAVEST BROS.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 8th 2013, 8:51 am

Okay. You are right that they've been here just about as long as you or I, and while I still believe there is no need for the extra mods, it is clear to me that they should have just as much say on what goes on in this place.

Very well, I will grant each of them the Freelancer rank, on the condition that they use their powers responsibly. I have no doubts that they will be responsible, I just need to put it out there. Just like with decisions around the forum, things must be brought to my attention before they get put in motion.

I will take the final say in the decision making, but remember that I am easily convinced, if you provide a good argument. If you are willing to accept these factors, you are welcome to being Freelancers. I don't think I'm asking too much of you, but if you feel I am, please say so below.

Anyways, I will make the necessary changes now, congratulations guys.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 9th 2013, 4:21 pm

I need to take issue with your tone.

Our power lies in the fact that we're all intelligent, decent people with multiple perspectives and opinions. To entrust the full measure of power to the two of us, alone, would be foolish.

I trust them to cover any mistakes in administration, just as much as I'd entrust myself to keep a friend in check.

I for one refuse to spend any time in my life standing on the shoulders of exceptional people, pretending to be tall. The young men I promoted, technical difficulties aside, were good decisions. Every one of them. I will not be beholden to anyone while making a choice that I believe in.

If there's an administrative issue, we'll vote. If a point is brought up, we'll discuss it as equals.

If there's a problem, we will all have the final say TOGETHER, as a team.

This board has no room for the traditional concept of authority. We're all friends here, and I want to dispel any illusions of us being "the bosses" right here and now. Nothing personal, but we both know that they're every bit as qualified as us. They always have been. This is our place. Not yours. Not mine. OURS.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 9th 2013, 8:39 pm

I'm sorry, my tone did appear to be that of a cold, tyranical douchebag, and I apologize. I just would like to stay in the loop, y'know? Don't take this the wrong way, but I was kind of upset at first when you did promote the others to Freelancer without letting me know ahead of time.

As I've said before I had no doubts that they were capable of taking on the responsibilities, and that they should have just as much say as you or myself on any such topics. It was more because I wasn't let into the decision making process. If you had told me at first, yes, I might've challenged the concept of many admins on such a small board. But I would have eventually agreed with you anyways and been happy with it.

No, I'm not trying to point the fingers at you, in case I might be coming of as such. You are right in every sense in this situation, all five of us have just as much right as everyone else. I just wanted to show my side of the spectrum. I don't want to be left out guys, truly, I kinda feel the same might've happened with Splazer.

As the 'Leader' he was eventually shunned out of the equation when the board started to grow and come alive. That's why I said the things I did, not to be a dick, but to show that I'd at least like to remain a part of this team. You'll probably say that I am still as much of a valued member of this team as anyone else, or you might not.

I just don't want to lose the Database, because if I can't even get a word in on the decision making, then I feel left out of the loop. Which, like I said earlier, was most likely what happened to Splazer.

Please accept my most sincerest apologizes, I care too much about you guys as my colleagues, my friends, hell, I'd go far enough to say Family. I would hate to be left out of the affairs here, like I am with my own, blood family.

And no, my intention is not to make this into a sob story, and I wouldn't expect you to think so. I just want to make sure everything goes well here, and while my wording was the wrong course of action, my intentions were there.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 9th 2013, 8:59 pm

...We don't need you as a leader, Morgan. We never needed a boss, or someone who made all the decisions.

We need you as a person. Your stories, and your perspective, and your spirit, have all been memorable, prominent, effective parts of what keep this board alive.

I kick and scream when someone claims to be "the boss" of me. That's part of what made me say what I said, and I apologize. But you're one of the most important parts of what makes us a team.

I admire your willingness to step up. I'm proud of you for FINDING this new board.

But with the whole leader, "consult me first" thing, you gotta give it a rest. Not for me, but for you. Things will be much easier for you if you just BE. Be a part of the group. We'll all make independent decisions that will make this place great, and you can be a better part of that if you just contribute what you can, and love what you make, rather than forcing yourself to be the one to micro-manage decisions.

You were never out of the loop. There weren't any dark alley, back room deals, and I sincerely apologize for making you feel that way. I made the decision to promote them on my own, because I figured that it was the best decision.

You're a capable person, and a good one, and you'll ALWAYS be one of the greats of our board. But you're not doin' it by yourself.

That's what the rest of the board is here for. To make the best decisions together.

This isn't a knock on you. I'm not saying you shouldn't be the leader. I'm just saying chill. Ease off the reigns. With all of us, five different points of view, five different fingers on the trigger, we'll do so much better than you worrying about handling everything yourself.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 9th 2013, 9:37 pm

So much is going on in my life now, I feel as though I've lost sight on everything. I'll ease up, and help you guys run this place the way it was meant to. Like I always should've done Cool

Siblings under the age of 17 emancipating themselves for unknown reasons, all the consequences behind that,people looking for answers. People constantly coming for me to help with their relationship problems, when I myself was never in an 'actual' relationship. That Katie thing was a really close friendship, as she put it, but nothing more. I thought it was more, but what do I know, amirite? Graduation is coming up, people constantly looking to me for answers for their own futures, when I myself have no fucking ideas for myself.

I guess I brought these kinds of things to the board, assuming it was my obligation to be the one that held all the answers, to be the one everyone would turn to. So I am sorry about that.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 9th 2013, 9:45 pm

You didn't do anything wrong. He just wants you to ease up a bit. I for one, don't give a dang. I could care less about rank, unless it's taking away our 'rights.' I'm just here to write and be a part of the community.

As for your life, Morgan, the storm clouds will pass, and you will glimpse the sun; if not now, then eventually.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 9th 2013, 9:53 pm

Don't worry, ask anyone that knows me in real life, I'm a huge optimist. Things'll look up for me now, always seems to work out in the end at least Very Happy

As for this site, I have every intention of easing up. Things will be different from now on. We'll make it happen.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 9th 2013, 9:58 pm

Those people who come to you for help and advice. I want you to always remember that they come to you because they see something good in you. Something that matters.

Everybody here sees that too. What's special about the board, and other places like this, where stories are shared, is that we can see a person's heart before we see their skin.

You're a good dude, and it's an honor to work with you, Morgan. I know you'll find your way, and you'll find a way for the people who believe in you.

But here? We'll all do it together. :]

(Nohomo.)

And Jensen...I'm going to put sand in your potato salad again. I changed my mind. Sand is definitely going in there.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 9th 2013, 10:05 pm

Bad John wrote:You're a good dude, and it's an honor to work with you, Morgan. I know you'll find your way, and you'll find a way for the people who believe in you.

As it is always a privilege to work with you.

Thank you, not just for your entire post, but for everything.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 9th 2013, 11:08 pm

No problem.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 10th 2013, 7:00 pm

Bad John wrote:Those people who come to you for help and advice. I want you to always remember that they come to you because they see something good in you. Something that matters.

Everybody here sees that too. What's special about the board, and other places like this, where stories are shared, is that we can see a person's heart before we see their skin.

You're a good dude, and it's an honor to work with you, Morgan. I know you'll find your way, and you'll find a way for the people who believe in you.

But here? We'll all do it together. :]

(Nohomo.)

And Jensen...I'm going to put sand in your potato salad again. I changed my mind. Sand is definitely going in there.
    I don't even LIKE potato Salad.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 10th 2013, 7:06 pm

Tough titty. Your potato salad will be a gritty salad of rage and shame when I'm done with it. >:-(

Last edited by Bad John on May 10th 2013, 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 10th 2013, 7:15 pm

Don't worry, that post is near finished. It'll be done within the hour!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 10th 2013, 7:46 pm

...Then I'll let you off easy. For NOW.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 10th 2013, 7:48 pm

Dunno if glitch, but look at the member counter to the left, EIGHT guests?!

Someone got busy!
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 10th 2013, 7:57 pm

Ah, indeed. Interesting.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness May 11th 2013, 7:03 pm

im back from camp now i can post more often
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 12th 2013, 3:20 pm

I'm back bitches!
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 12th 2013, 5:39 pm

Manny wrote:I'm back bitches!
    Dang it...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 13th 2013, 12:29 am

Comin' soon to a Database near you, a John and Jensen joint venture.

Overfield. :3
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 13th 2013, 3:01 pm

Bad John wrote:Comin' soon to a Database near you, a John and Jensen joint venture.

Was Overfield the original title, or is it a different piece from "Through People".
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 13th 2013, 3:09 pm

Oh, this is gonna be a totally different thing. Different story, different Canon.

Through People was just something I wrote to pass the time.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 13th 2013, 3:55 pm

Bad John wrote:Comin' soon to a Database near you, a John and Jensen joint venture.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwweeeeee yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 10:09 pm