Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+12
WOLF
Impanther
dragon of darkness
Splazer Zero
foxyfoxy90
It's Kruger
zman007playr
Spinal Clerk
Doctor Jensen
I_IRONMAN_I
Manny
Bad John
16 posters

Discuss Anything

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Discuss Anything  - Page 12 Empty Re: Discuss Anything

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 14th 2013, 11:31 pm

Discuss Anything  - Page 12 Bryce_zps24b20af9

Got bored, decided to make Bryce a 'face'.

An ACTUAL face painting might be possible, when I discover the means to do so.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 23rd 2013, 1:46 pm

MANNY COME BACK
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 25th 2013, 2:04 am

...Just saw the entire Quarians get killed.

WASN'T MY FAULT.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 25th 2013, 2:10 am

Doctor Jensen wrote:MANNY COME BACK
    You forgot to add "you can blame it all on me"!
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 25th 2013, 3:10 am

Ah John, what the hell man?

Manny, that's exactly what I was thinking at the time of typing it.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 25th 2013, 12:57 pm

John, if you ever do another play through, it is imperative that you do both Legion's and Tali's loyalty missions in Mass Effect 2, and make sure they both survive.

Then in Mass Effect 3, get your Paragon to its absolute highest *or at least close*, along with your Reputation. You must also make sure that you save Tali's reputation in ME 2, and save the Admiral in ME3 on Rannoch.

When you get back to the point where you must make a decision, if your Paragon is high enough, you will find a peaceful resolve. On the flip side, the Renegade option will have you warn the Quarian fleets of Legion's plan, which I think causes them to run away, but Rannoch is not saved for the Quarians.

Either choice, Legion will die. But part of him is transferred to every non-slaved Geth.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 25th 2013, 12:59 pm

Eh. Wasn't my fault.

Jerkass Quarians. >_>
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 25th 2013, 1:04 pm

Best ending is Human superacy ending!

If such a thing can be achieved.

On another note, I feel like you guys deserve an explanation for my absence. I've just been busy with RL so I had to take a break from the collab for a bit.

For starters, my PC just died on me during a thunderstorm (and revived three days later). Then I had a shit load of tests to take care of (these are a new batch, different from the tests I mentioned way earlier). THEN I had to deal with Prom and Grad Day preparations, which are at the end of this upcoming week.

Still gotta get the nerve to ask though...

And THEN I had to find all these scholarships and now I got to apply for them. Now that the tests are over though, I should be able to check in and post every now and then though.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 25th 2013, 2:19 pm

Manny wrote:

For starters, my PC just died on me during a thunderstorm (and revived three days later). Then I had a shit load of tests to take care of (these are a new batch, different from the tests I mentioned way earlier). THEN I had to deal with Prom and Grad Day preparations, which are at the end of this upcoming week.

Lucky -_- .

My school jumped on the Snow Days when they could. I don't Graduate until June 21st.

Manny wrote:

Still gotta get the nerve to ask though...

Take the advice from the young man that didn't jump on oppurtunity when it was knocking. Don't be afraid to ask. If you miss out on Prom, you might regret on that for the rest of your life. Even if you don't have a date you should go.

I missed both of mine because I was too nervous to ask anyone out, and now I regret that choice. I was later told that there were at least three girls that were waiting for me to ask them, maybe even four, they still went, but I was too afraid to go with them.

If there is any kind of advice I'd want you to take from me, it is this: Go with your gut. Rejection is temporary, living with the lack of Prom memories is eternal.

If you decide not to go, that is your choice as well. But I would recommend that you do. Have a blast, earn some memories that will stay with you forever, and never regret that choice.

Manny wrote:

And THEN I had to find all these scholarships and now I got to apply for them. Now that the tests are over though, I should be able to check in and post every now and then though.

Gah the dreaded Scholarships. Glad to have you back Manny.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 25th 2013, 2:58 pm

Well Morgan, I graduate in May... But I STILL have to go to school until June 25... It's retarded.

About Prom... I'm going no matter what, I'd just rather have a member of the other half of our species to go with.

And scholarships... Jesus Christ. My parents are making apply even for the ones that are like only $250. I know it all adds up but... It's a lot of applications to do.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 25th 2013, 7:21 pm

Ah. Sounds like a busy life. On a brighter note, I graduate on June 7th! WOO HOO!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 25th 2013, 7:41 pm

Do any of you guys still have to go to school past grad day?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 25th 2013, 8:11 pm

No, thankfully. The other kiddies go until the 24th.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 26th 2013, 12:59 am

Heck no. That's irrational, illogical.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 26th 2013, 1:05 am

What the actual FUCK?!

Grad Day is Thrusday and I still have classes AND EXAMS until June 25th???!!!!!

That's actually 100%, pure concentrated, fresh from the ass HORSE SHIT!
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 26th 2013, 12:02 pm

Remember though, that my school jumped the gun and called just about every other day a snow day.

Originally I was supposed to graduate on the 15th, and the kiddies would go until the 20th. But that all went down shit creek without a paddle.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 26th 2013, 12:06 pm

Still fresh from the ass horseshit.

If people haven't gotten University or College offers of acceptance by now I don't think they're getting in.

So what's the point of keeping us in school a MONTH after Grad Day. They should either move Grad Day and Prom until later, or just give us an extra month of summer vacation.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 26th 2013, 12:23 pm

Well if you are graduating, you don't have anymore- oh that's right. Nevermind. I entirely forgot you said you were going to University or College in general.

Myself, I'm still searching for that one thing that I want to pursue in life, and I don't want to commit to something and end up paying through the ass for nothing that I could end up not giving a rat's ass about.

In short, I'm taking the bloody year off, I'll try for college after I do some more research into what I want to do for the rest of my life.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 26th 2013, 12:49 pm

You can apply for college, get accepted, and take something called a 'leave of absence' Morgan. They'll give you up to two years after accepting to go to that school. You're allowed to delay your admittance.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 26th 2013, 12:58 pm

I didn't know that Jensen. Interesting.

Anyways, I know I want to get into a medical/biological field, just not sure exactly what. Right now it seems like some type of doctor.

I figure I can sort it out in the four years of undergrad I'll have to do first.

The path to medicine is long and hard (just like some other things Wink ) so I figure it's best I get started right away.

Assuming I do 4 to 6 years of med school, surgeon is just WAY too long, I'll be done school when I'm 26 - 28. Not bad, considering the paychecks they get Smile
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 26th 2013, 1:22 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:You can apply for college, get accepted, and take something called a 'leave of absence' Morgan. They'll give you up to two years after accepting to go to that school. You're allowed to delay your admittance.

I know that, but I don't want to commit to a certain school until I have a decent understanding of what I want to do. I could go to college for four months *the brief period you get before they ask you to cough up the dough* and decide that the school doesn't have the courses that I want.

You might say that the leave of absence would be beneficial in this instance. The problem is, I learn from the hands on approach. I'd have to take the classes to see if they interest me. And I'm a man that takes a decent chunk of time to decide things, just to make sure I get it right.

When it comes to furthering my education, I want to make sure I know what I'm signing up for, and even come up with a fall back, before I decide what school I want to devote myself to. Yeah, I could always leave the school, but after that brief safe period, then they start asking for tuition, and next thing you know I have thousands in debt for a semester or two of classes that I decided not to do.

Take my friend's son for example. His son went to Berklee to become an actor. Waited a month or two *note that this was below said safe period*, decided he didn't want to do it, and the school called in for the tuition anyways. Of course, now he's a nurse. I just want to make sure I have a plan before I go in head first and end up making a mistake, y'know?

I come from a family on low income, so we're what you'd consider penny pinchers, we make sure our financial investments are worthwhile before we take the gamble. Because every dollar is precious.

Edit: Manny: Good for you! Medical practice is definitely the way to go. Best of luck with that! Very Happy
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 26th 2013, 2:21 pm

Thanks Morgan. I have an idea for you, assuming the educational system is close enough between your state and my province.

Here there's a high school course called "co-op", basically they help you find a job in a sector that you might be interested in. These aren't the usual part time jobs, some kids worked in a hospital for my school. Doing what, I'm not sure.

Anyways it could help to give you a sense of what you want to do. One catch is... You'd have to go back for a fifth year, and take one extra course each semester to satisfy the "2 courses per semester rule". So just take something easy like gym for one semester and then something else for the other.

The other catch is you don't get paid for the work. However, going back to high school is cheaper than going to college for a few months. High School won't charge you for tuition either.

If you take an easy course and co-op per semester, you shouldn't have any real homework, so you can still have time to work at a part time job where you actually get paid.

This is assuming that there is co-op in your high school.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 26th 2013, 7:06 pm

In the states, I'm pretty sure that's an internship. Dunno about Morgan, but I would never go back to high school. That's just me.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 26th 2013, 7:23 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:In the states, I'm pretty sure that's an internship. Dunno about Morgan, but I would never go back to high school. That's just me.

Hell no!

Once that diploma is in my hands, I am leaving that school and never batting an eye at it afterwards. I might stop by to visit some of my favorite teachers every now and again, but I will not, SHALL not go back there to get an *education* again.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 26th 2013, 7:24 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Doctor Jensen wrote:In the states, I'm pretty sure that's an internship. Dunno about Morgan, but I would never go back to high school. That's just me.

Hell no!

Once that diploma is in my hands, I am leaving that school and never batting an eye at it afterwards. I might stop by to visit some of my favorite teachers every now and again, but I will not, SHALL not go back there to get an *education* again.
    Damn son, what happened there?

My school wasn't AWESOME, but I think it did it's job alright. I have no real reason to go back though, not even to visit any teachers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 8:18 pm