Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

5 posters

DESTINY!!!

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

DESTINY!!! Empty DESTINY!!!

Post  Manny February 20th 2013, 11:01 pm

Holy shit... Did you guys see the Destiny ViDoc?

An FPS MMO? Holy shit...
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

DESTINY!!! Empty Re: DESTINY!!!

Post  It's Kruger February 21st 2013, 12:03 am

ERMERGERD ! ERMERGERD! I POOPED MYSELF!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 21st 2013, 7:38 pm

Imma make my character look as close to Master Chief as possible.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 21st 2013, 10:34 pm

Imma make a character that I think looks cool.

So yeah, MC.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen February 21st 2013, 10:57 pm

It looks great. A shame I'll be gone when it comes out.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 22nd 2013, 3:10 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:It looks great. A shame I'll be gone when it comes out.
    *cries so hard*
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny June 8th 2013, 1:16 pm

Destiny at E3 men!!!!

Who will be getting it and for what console?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r June 8th 2013, 1:24 pm

Manny wrote:Destiny at E3 men!!!!

Who will be getting it and for what console?

Aiming for a full time/part time summer job. I get the funds, I'll be buying Destiny, Saints Row 4, Payday 2, and an Xbox 1.

First things first though, I need to get other expenses out of the way. Then I'll decide which of the above games I REALLY want.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen June 9th 2013, 12:07 am

I'll get for xbox one when I get home from my mission.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther June 11th 2013, 12:32 am

Almost felt like a mix between Call of Duty (certain elements kind of remind one of the series but a better version that is) and Halo (Do I really need to explain why?)
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r June 11th 2013, 12:38 am

Impanther wrote:Almost felt like a mix between Call of Duty (certain elements kind of remind one of the series but a better version that is) and Halo (Do I really need to explain why?)

I'm not surprised. Activision *the people who publish all Call of Duty games* are working alongside Bungie *the guys who created Halo* to develop a new MMO FPS.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther June 11th 2013, 8:38 am

Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Impanther wrote:Almost felt like a mix between Call of Duty (certain elements kind of remind one of the series but a better version that is) and Halo (Do I really need to explain why?)

I'm not surprised. Activision *the people who publish all Call of Duty games* are working alongside Bungie *the guys who created Halo* to develop a new MMO FPS.

Seriously, it is like a Call of Duty that is actually different (though Ghosts isn't out yet so we can't judge that one yet but to be fair having a dog as an ally is pretty different for the series) mixed with Halo, not kidding you, the sci-fi feel for Halo (along with other things) and some feel from Call of Duty, now can both Halo fanboys and Call of Duty fanboys set aside their differences for this game or are they going to argue over which version of Destiny is better now?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny June 11th 2013, 3:01 pm

Sony has proven itself to be a better marketer right now.

It capitalized on Microsoft's huge mistake and just gutted them.

PS move is not needed to play.
    PS+ is basically Xbox LIVE now.
    No 24hr updates required.
    Games can be played offline (for the times the Internet goes down).
    Games can be bought used and shared.
    It's $100 cheaper.

The only thing Xbox one has going for it right now is Halo CE (ANOTHER remake), Fable (remake), and Halo 5. Maybe a Gears title in the future.

Fable lost is appeal to me after the third and I wasn't a huge fan to begin with. I was never a huge fan of gears.

Halo is the only thing that has me even considering getting an Xbox One.

Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther June 11th 2013, 4:25 pm

Manny wrote:Sony has proven itself to be a better marketer right now.

It's $100 cheaper.

The only thing Xbox one has going for it right now is Halo CE (ANOTHER remake), Fable (remake), and Halo 5. Maybe a Gears title in the future.

Fable lost is appeal to me after the third and I wasn't a huge fan to begin with. I was never a huge fan of gears.

You sure Xbox one is doing another Halo remake right now?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny June 11th 2013, 5:03 pm

Impanther wrote:
    Manny wrote:Sony has proven itself to be a better marketer right now.

It's $100 cheaper.

You sure Xbox one is doing another Halo remake right now?

I'm sure they're not. My friend was talking about Halo for Xbox One, and I asked him if he was talking about Halo 5 to be sure.

He said no.

Turns out he WAS talking about Xbox One. He's usually a good source of info, but he dun goofed this time.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen June 13th 2013, 12:06 pm

Destiny Forum guys.

I can't wait for Destiny. Man that gameplay was AWESOME. It had so many Halo elements I laughed for quite a bit. But, it was a lot like Borderlands and a tiny bit like Call of Duty. It's going to be an intense, awesome game. Can't wait.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny June 13th 2013, 6:50 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:Destiny Forum guys.

I can't wait for Destiny. Man that gameplay was AWESOME. It had so many Halo elements I laughed for quite a bit. But, it was a lot like Borderlands and a tiny bit like Call of Duty. It's going to be an intense, awesome game. Can't wait.
    Nah, don't feel like going back there anymore. I pop by now and then, but without Bloodguard it ain't worth it.

Anyways, Bungie says it isn't an MMO. If that IS the case, then it looks a lot like Fallout...but with Co-op.

So Borderlands with a better art style I suppose. Anyways I'm pumped.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther June 14th 2013, 9:07 am

Apparently there is going to be single player for it as well, I would not be surprised if there is single player knowing Bungie.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 13th 2015, 10:01 pm

Remember our aborted Destiny collab, where we had characters up? Yeah? Remember this about my character?
    Manny wrote:He also seems to have a special relationship with the Queen of the reef, having aided her in eliminating any stray rebellious Fallen from the House of Wolves. This is seen as odd because Orpheus is an Earth born Awoken, and the Queen is known for not welcoming anyone outside of the reef. This he keeps under tight wraps, and not many know about it.
    More less guessed what House of Wolves was going to be!

AWWW YEAH.

On a more serious note, what do you guys think of it? I've finished the story but, as noted before, it feels really lacking.

Haven't done any raids or strikes (not using PS+ right now), and I heard the Dark Below was only like 4 story missions. Does anyone know if this is any different, or has reason to believe it will be different?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 13th 2015, 10:46 pm

You like strikes? 'Cause that's the House of Wolves. We're getting a handful of story driven missions, we're getting a new reputation thing *like Eris Morn for Dark Below*, there won't be a raid.... oh, and there is a three player Firefight-esque mode coming in it's place.

Not that the premise isn't cool, I like the idea they're bringing Firefight back. However, Raids are the only thing that really interest me in Destiny anymore, and while I will be partaking in his new activity, I and other players across the globe can't help but vocalize our disgust with this one, simple phrase:

DEEJ! GIVE ME A FUCKING REFUND FOR MY EXPANSION PACK!

I did NOT pay an extra thirty dollars with the promise of TWO new Raids besides the Vault of Glass, only to get a glorified endless survival Strike and a handful of quests I've already fucking done *i.e Queen's Wrath Event, Second week of October*.

Besides all of that, for you PVP fans, there will be the addition of the Trials of Osiris. If you thought Iron Banner was bad, imagine that, but now if you lose three matches in a row, you get kicked out, and your only way back in is to win four matches straight in normal Crucible.

All this, just for them to buff the weapons we got in the Vault of Glass/ Crota's End Raids. Give us a handful *perhaps four or five* new weapons *one or two of which are Exotics*, and armor that makes Warlocks look like the fuckin' Anubis.

While I am still excited to finally see some new content coming Destiny's way, I can't help but feel outraged that they took out the Raid altogether, and added the Prison of Elder's Arena. Do I like the concept, absolutely! But I would've at least preferred it with SIX people. If I wanted to fight endless waves of seemingly impossible enemies with two other Guardians, I'd play Valus Ta'aurc's strike on Mars on Nightfall difficulty. Those Psions would pose more of a challenge than any goddamn Fallen enemies.

I guess I'm knocking it a bit too hard, I'm going to keep my ear's open and my eyes out on more data. But with the information I've heard tonight, I almost don't regret killing Drake off *shrug*, at least the poor bastard got mercy dying in an actual challenging situation.

EDIT: Apparently, another Raid IS in fact coming... just later this year. Is it paid for by owning the Season's Pass/HoW's Expansion? Or will it be sold separately? If that's the case, I'ma be so immensely pissed.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger April 15th 2015, 3:14 am

I think the raid will be free. From what I read, it just sounds like they wanted to spend more time on it like they did the Vault of Glass to make sure Crota's End never happens again (Where so many people beat the boss in stupid ways because the whole thing was dumb easy. Same with hard mode). I, personally, would prefer more thought and time put into raid so I have to spend 30 goddamn hours just to beat one my first time rather than 5 like Crota. I think with the addition of Trials, PoE, and the new story (Which so far looks fucking cool), Destiny's on the right track content-wise. It's come a long way from release with thousands of angry fans raving about their legendary engrams turning into blue & green items. With just something completely new to do, I think that Destiny will have a breath of fresh air in an otherwise frequently stagnant game content-wise.

If Bungie does this right, then we'll have more than enough fun getting that armor (I for one think looking like Anubis would be a good excuse for shouting out Yu-Gi-Oh references) and conquering that Prison that we'll subside our anger with it. And think just how fucking cool the raid will be if Bungie goes at lengths to make it better than all the other raids! Gamers constantly bitch nowadays about incomplete games and how they wished it got delayed so it could be finished. Well, same went with me for the Crota raid.

But Bungie's walking on a thin rope. If they fuck this up, I don't think any case of Battered Wife or Stockholm Syndrome will regain the trust of their players.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 15th 2015, 8:34 pm

I guess that pretty much sums up how I currently feel about this whole situation. They need to perfect the upcoming raid, 'cause if it sucks despite the time they're devoting to it, heads will roll.

A million deaths are not enough... for Master Rahool.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 15th 2015, 9:25 pm

Kruger 2521 wrote:I think with the addition of Trials, PoE, and the new story (Which so far looks fucking cool)

Kruger 2521 wrote:Trials, PoE, and the new story (Which so far looks fucking cool)

Kruger 2521 wrote:the new story (Which so far looks fucking cool)

Kruger 2521 wrote:the new story

THERE'S INFO OUT ALREADY?!
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 15th 2015, 11:10 pm

Did you not see the teaser trailer? The Fallen of the House of Wolves go on a goddamn mass genocide against the Awoken on their way out to the reef.

The story is fucking golden now. Too bad it was cut from the main story in the first place.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 16th 2015, 12:10 am

Shad0wChas3r wrote:Did you not see the teaser trailer? The Fallen of the House of Wolves go on a goddamn mass genocide against the Awoken on their way out to the reef.

The story is fucking golden now. Too bad it was cut from the main story in the first place.
    Oh.

That doesn't tell us much. I mean, fighting MULTIPLE alien factions while trying to keep the big bad at bay sounded pretty cool. The way Destiny executed it was less than thrilling.

I was hoping for some actual news on how the story missions would be carried out. Halo may have been a first person shooter, but god damn was it's story executed WAY better than Destiny's.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 10:44 am