Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» TWFF Btyes.
by Bad John November 10th 2017, 1:54 am

» Arrowheads
by Bad John November 9th 2017, 11:30 pm

» Sentinel; Invasion
by Shad0wChas3r November 6th 2017, 8:18 pm

» Writer's Roundtable
by Bad John November 5th 2017, 8:28 pm

» Origins: Reclamation
by Shad0wChas3r November 4th 2017, 6:27 pm

» Discuss Anything
by Manny September 12th 2017, 9:22 pm

» Global Defense Alliance Kaiju Dossier
by Impanther September 3rd 2017, 5:35 pm

» Final battle: Eyes of Noivern: Short story
by Impanther August 20th 2017, 6:21 pm

» New project trailer
by Impanther July 12th 2017, 7:32 pm

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 29 on October 1st 2013, 12:09 am


    patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Share
    avatar
    dragon of darkness

    Posts : 279
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 19
    Location : classified

    patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  dragon of darkness on March 7th 2013, 8:02 pm

    hi in need a name for a city anyone got any ideas thank you. and if you can try to give me a plot setting or a starting point
    avatar
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1350
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : The Great White North (Canada)

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Manny on March 7th 2013, 10:36 pm

    ...I don't understand the point here? You want a city name and plot? What for?

    Anyways here's my suggestion.

    New Halifax and Flood Infection.
    avatar
    dragon of darkness

    Posts : 279
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 19
    Location : classified

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  dragon of darkness on March 7th 2013, 10:38 pm

    ok good names i might use them for cities around shadowden

    and i dont have any ideas where the group starts
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1190
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on March 7th 2013, 10:45 pm

    I'm probably going to get hell for this. Please don't take offense when I say this but: really?

    Do what you want to do, but you now have Story of Hope, Blake's Betrayal, Helping Fangzerz, and now Patrolling Shadow-den? Are you sure you'll be able to keep up with all of these?

    Like I said, don't be offended by my next few words but I think you should slow it down a bit there hoss. The Database isn't going anywhere for a LOOOOONG time. You'll have the time to write your stories brah Razz .

    Also, and I'm mostly just curious on this, why are they almost all collabs? I know you like working with us, but more story can be told if it's from just a single writer's point of view. Not that there is anything wrong with Collabs.

    Please just keep in mind that we have Take back New York, Story of Hope, and I guess Helping Fangzerz to deal with too.

    I just don't want you burning out your creative license and leaving husks of what used to be great ideas around the forum. If you're doing this because you want to get ideas out there, write yourself a note beside your computer, or in a different document, it's what I do.

    Again, and I really can't stress this enough that I am not chewing you out or anything of the sort, I just think you're going a bit too fast there boyo. I understand you're excited to get the stories out, but good story-telling takes time and effort, and popping a new story out without finishing the others will confuse people Razz .

    If you want me, I'll TRY to keep up with it, but I might not be able to.
    avatar
    dragon of darkness

    Posts : 279
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 19
    Location : classified

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  dragon of darkness on March 7th 2013, 10:51 pm

    im going to be able to keep up with this but this one is going to be my big one so im going to get some ideas plots its going to have a lot of detail so the story wont be up for awhile
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1190
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on March 7th 2013, 10:53 pm

    Okay. Because remember that all of your collaborative partners will have priorities of their own as well, and if you overwhelm them, it'll be a big mess, and I don't want that happening to you.
    avatar
    dragon of darkness

    Posts : 279
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 19
    Location : classified

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  dragon of darkness on March 8th 2013, 8:04 pm

    OKAY LOOK IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS AND I MEAN ANY FOR HALO DON'T BE SHY POST THEM
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1190
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on March 8th 2013, 8:49 pm

    Talking in all caps will accomplish nothing, Hope. I hope you realize that. Remember, we are busy people, we do not rush others to post. We work at a nice and easy pace.

    I'd also like to point out that it's the job of the topic creator himself to come up with most of the ideas. The other posters are just extra characters with the same goal. I can't tell you how to tell Hope's story, let alone would I expect you to try the same for Blaine, it just can't happen.

    Calm down, and next time ask a little nicer.
    avatar
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1350
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : The Great White North (Canada)

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Manny on March 8th 2013, 8:50 pm

    I'm sure people have lots of ideas, and would be willing to share them.

    After they type it up into their own stories. Some ideas are just held onto by people for their own stories. Like most things.

    I'm pretty sure the Americans didn't go around announcing what they were going to do with the Manhatten Project.

    Anyways, I'm sure people will post ideas for THIS story, if they have them.
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1190
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on March 8th 2013, 8:53 pm

    Manny wrote:I'm sure people have lots of ideas, and would be willing to share them.

    After they type it up into their own stories. Some ideas are just held onto by people for their own stories. Like most things.

    I'm pretty sure the Americans didn't go around announcing what they were going to do with the Manhatten Project.

    Anyways, I'm sure people will post ideas for THIS story, if they have them.

    Still, he should be aware that the conduct by which he requested the ideas was inappropriate. By all means, ask for help, but don't demand it.
    avatar
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1350
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : The Great White North (Canada)

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Manny on March 8th 2013, 8:56 pm

    Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Manny wrote:I'm sure people have lots of ideas, and would be willing to share them.

    After they type it up into their own stories. Some ideas are just held onto by people for their own stories. Like most things.

    I'm pretty sure the Americans didn't go around announcing what they were going to do with the Manhatten Project.

    Anyways, I'm sure people will post ideas for THIS story, if they have them.

    Still, he should be aware that the conduct by which he requested the ideas was inappropriate. By all means, ask for help, but don't demand it.
    Well, that's what your post was for. I was just getting at the fact that people don't have to post all their ideas into a thread. Some people want to keep their ideas, you know? Develop them how they see fit.
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1190
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on March 8th 2013, 8:58 pm

    Manny wrote:
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Manny wrote:I'm sure people have lots of ideas, and would be willing to share them.

    After they type it up into their own stories. Some ideas are just held onto by people for their own stories. Like most things.

    I'm pretty sure the Americans didn't go around announcing what they were going to do with the Manhatten Project.

    Anyways, I'm sure people will post ideas for THIS story, if they have them.

    Still, he should be aware that the conduct by which he requested the ideas was inappropriate. By all means, ask for help, but don't demand it.
    Well, that's what your post was for. I was just getting at the fact that people don't have to post all their ideas into a thread. Some people want to keep their ideas, you know? Develop them how they see fit.

    Right then.
    avatar
    dragon of darkness

    Posts : 279
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 19
    Location : classified

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  dragon of darkness on April 3rd 2013, 11:37 pm

    Ok here is a idea that I came up with

    Ok so hope and georgeK_16's character are on guard duty at shadow den and they run it to a big mess and have to protect the city what ya think
    avatar
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1350
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : The Great White North (Canada)

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Manny on April 5th 2013, 12:31 am

    The angel of hope wrote:Ok here is a idea that I came up with

    Ok so hope and georgeK_16's character are on guard duty at shadow den and they run it to a big mess and have to protect the city what ya think
    What IS Shadowden? A city?

    Because at first you needed names for cities "around Shadowden" making me think it was a planet at first.

    And why Shadowden? Why is the city/planet named that?
    avatar
    dragon of darkness

    Posts : 279
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 19
    Location : classified

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  dragon of darkness on April 5th 2013, 1:00 am

    The bigestvcity is shadow den and I need city's around it so you or anyone wants to pin point it if you want to join by starting in on of the other city's and the planet is called... Oh shit still need a name for the planet
    avatar
    Impanther

    Posts : 235
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 25

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Impanther on April 23rd 2013, 10:28 pm

    The angel of hope wrote:
    hi in need a name for a city anyone got any ideas thank you. and if you can try to give me a plot setting or a starting point

    Bloodhaven

    nuff said XD

    Sponsored content

    Re: patrolling shadowden (discussion area )

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is November 19th 2017, 1:39 am