Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+12
WOLF
Impanther
dragon of darkness
Splazer Zero
foxyfoxy90
It's Kruger
zman007playr
Spinal Clerk
Doctor Jensen
I_IRONMAN_I
Manny
Bad John
16 posters

Discuss Anything

Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Discuss Anything  - Page 32 Empty Re: Discuss Anything

Post  Doctor Jensen September 13th 2015, 9:50 pm

That's the life, eh?

Keep it up with the stories Manny, I'm looking forward to them.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness September 20th 2015, 6:04 pm

I am BACK and I am ready to write, I missed you guys Life has been HORRID First with school starting again, things with my boyfriend, yes boyfriend, things with my friends ugh but I should have time to type and stuff
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 26th 2015, 11:03 am

Relationship issues can be a drag, yo.

Anyway, I say we continue with Toreador. No reason to let it rust. I posted and left things on an actiony note, so feel free to follow it up.

And no worries, Dragon. Nobody's perturbed about you being gay. All love is valid, gay marriage is legal, and none of us are assholes.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen September 26th 2015, 12:09 pm

None of us will judge you, whether or not we agree with the whole issue. Beliefs shouldn't stop us from loving each other, and being friends. Everyone has their owns, we just need to coexist peacefully. That can be done. So yeah, don't worry about it Dragon. We're here to help.

Yeah, I totally forgot about the Toreador colab. I'll get on it.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r September 26th 2015, 12:50 pm

Bad John wrote:Relationship issues can be a drag, yo.

Anyway, I say we continue with Toreador. No reason to let it rust. I posted and left things on an actiony note, so feel free to follow it up.

And no worries, Dragon. Nobody's perturbed about you being gay. All love is valid, gay marriage is legal, and none of us are assholes.

I dunno, I can be a bit of an ass Razz

Seriously though, there's no shame in being who you are, Dragon. Everyone here at the database is pretty damn nice, with perhaps the exception of Kruger xD .

You weren't here when the Database originally formed, it was just a couple of strangers on Bungie.net who came together to share their own personal Noble Six's. We stuck together when a couple of internet trolls continually flamed on us for being "roleplaying fags". Since then, it's been Database policy to excommunicate *i.e Banhammer* these trolls and naysayers. We are a group of friends who all share a common interest in Halo, and immersing ourselves into it's lore.

What I'm getting at, is that every member of Halo Database, as I run it now, is a group of friends. We're there to support each other no matter what. You need anything, and I can assure you someone in our small community will be willing to help, even if it's just to talk about something.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger September 27th 2015, 11:36 am

Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Bad John wrote:Relationship issues can be a drag, yo.

I dunno, I can be a bit of an ass Razz

Seriously though, there's no shame in being who you are, Dragon. Everyone here at the database is pretty damn nice, with perhaps the exception of Kruger xD .

You weren't here when the Database originally formed, it was just a couple of strangers on Bungie.net who came together to share their own personal Noble Six's. We stuck together when a couple of internet trolls continually flamed on us for being "roleplaying fags". Since then, it's been Database policy to excommunicate *i.e Banhammer* these trolls and naysayers. We are a group of friends who all share a common interest in Halo, and immersing ourselves into it's lore.

What I'm getting at, is that every member of Halo Database, as I run it now, is a group of friends. We're there to support each other no matter what. You need anything, and I can assure you someone in our small community will be willing to help, even if it's just to talk about something.

You say these things to hurt me.

But I donno. I'm incapable of being serious most of the times, so I guess that's why I'm the site's asshole.

But, Dragon, I believe that anyone can get off to anything they please. Unless you're into kids. Then I start throwing punches. Verbally. To the police. About said pedophile.

Do whatever makes you happy, myan. Just know that I don't, in any way shape or form, care. Very Happy
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen September 27th 2015, 11:59 am

You're not a bad person Vale, at least not in person. Just on the internet. Very Happy
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen September 28th 2015, 9:44 pm

Just kidding Vale. I love you. :3
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 28th 2015, 11:35 pm

Collab!!!
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen October 15th 2015, 8:39 pm

Guess, I was fishing around and I think you might like this map of the Haloverse (it may be old, I don't know). Happy hunting.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090605081022/halo/images/6/6f/Halo_Galactic_Map_by_Halcylon.jpg
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 16th 2015, 8:05 pm

That pic is super small for some reason. Lol.

Yo, Doc. Thought I'd share this with y'all. It's unironically the greatest anime intro I've ever seen. No romantic bullshit, no lovey dovey stuff. Just PURE POWER.

Fitting, since it belongs to the greatest anime ever, One Punch Man.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 17th 2015, 12:45 am

Doctor Jensen wrote:Guess, I was fishing around and I think you might like this map of the Haloverse (it may be old, I don't know). Happy hunting.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090605081022/halo/images/6/6f/Halo_Galactic_Map_by_Halcylon.jpg
    I've seen this. Apparently it's extremely off in terms of distances, or so that was one of the most common critiques I've heard of this map. Saw it on the HaloStory subreddit.

Bad John wrote:That pic is super small for some reason. Lol.

Yo, Doc. Thought I'd share this with y'all. It's unironically the greatest anime intro I've ever seen. No romantic bullshit, no lovey dovey stuff. Just PURE POWER.

I feel like that would be Krillin, if he could go Super Sayian. Regardless, with such a manly name that anime can't afford to go soft on the intro.

Apart from it's comedic value... I'm not sure I could get into that. It seems pretty straight forward. Just a guy who punches stuff to save the day. The same could be said of superheroes, so maybe the anime does a great job of character development. Care to fill me in John?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 17th 2015, 12:52 am

Manny wrote:
    Doctor Jensen wrote:Guess, I was fishing around and I think you might like this map of the Haloverse (it may be old, I don't know). Happy hunting.

I've seen this. Apparently it's extremely off in terms of distances, or so that was one of the most common critiques I've heard of this map. Saw it on the HaloStory subreddit.

Bad John wrote:That pic is super small for some reason. Lol.

I feel like that would be Krillin, if he could go Super Sayian. Regardless, with such a manly name that anime can't afford to go soft on the intro.

Apart from it's comedic value... I'm not sure I could get into that. It seems pretty straight forward. Just a guy who punches stuff to save the day. The same could be said of superheroes, so maybe the anime does a great job of character development. Care to fill me in John?

Well, it's sort of a deconstruction of the genre. Saitama (AKA One Punch Man / Caped Baldy) has grown so powerful that he's bored of his hobby; being a superhero. He ends all his fights in one punch, so there isn't much of a thrill. However, there are dozens of heroes around him who are inspired by him, and grow as people because of his strength.

I've read the manga, and I'll avoid spoilers, so I'll only touch on minor things. Lol.

Saitama does seem to grow a bit, or maybe he's just a really nice dude to begin with. He constantly gives up opportunities to gain glory. When he wins a fight singlehandedly against an enemy who CRUSHED several other heroes, he lied and claimed that the heroes softened the villain up, all so the heroes would be given the reverence they deserved for putting their lives on the line. When the hero association mocked the police, and made them beg for help against a monster, Saitama straight up says "Police officers and heroes don't do their jobs because someone begs for help. They do it because it's right." As silly as he is, Saitama is a fuckin' radical, heroic mofo.

I'd advise you to watch it for yourself, if only to enjoy how BREATHTAKINGLY AWESOME the animation is.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 17th 2015, 1:04 am

He sounds like a cool guy for sure. Maybe I'll watch it during winter break. Midterms are hell right now Sad

In other news... seems like I filled up most of the latest topics bar! YAY!

NOTE FOR JENSEN!

Sorry about your dog man... I saw the Facebook post.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 17th 2015, 12:05 pm

I dunno the context, but I'm sorry for your dog Jensen.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen October 19th 2015, 2:00 pm

Hm, when I posted that picture it wasn't super small. Aliens.

Thanks for the comment about the dog guys. We just had to put down my good buddy ole' Trev. It happens. It was just way sad, you know.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 20th 2015, 12:44 pm

So... Canada elected a new Prime Minister yesterday. One fairly good looking Justin Trudeau, son of former Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau.

So far voter turnout has been the highest since 1993, with about 68% of the population voting... And that's just preliminary results.

However there was one candidate I heard nothing about. The first past the post system in Canada means that we can only directly vote for our MP (representative in Parliament for our riding/region per 100 000 people), so perhaps he only showed up in one specific riding (much like the Bloc Québécois only shows up in Quebec ridings). Still... There was no news coverage of him. Frankly, I'm disgusted the Canadian media did not give this man the attention he deserved. He's a great man, and I'm sure the rest of you would agree as well.

http://m.imgur.com/BaV8pMU
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen October 20th 2015, 11:54 pm

I would vote for that man. I don't care what no stupid Spartan IV says, he's cool. He kills bad guys and doesn't afraid of anything.

By the way, John, thanks for posting that video in Japanese. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 21st 2015, 11:38 am

No probs.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen October 22nd 2015, 1:00 am

But, hold up Manny, I just had a thought, Master Chief is from Eridanus II(or in that area, I forget, nevertheless...), not Canada. Can he become your president? Plus, he's more like an American anyway, being from a very American Halo universe.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 22nd 2015, 10:07 am

1) There is no president in Canada
    2) Chief could have been running as an MP, as opposed to Prime Minister. Campaign signs in Canada show the Local MP, not the Prime Minister (which is why I mentioned maybe Chief was only present in one riding)
    3) The USA no longer exists an a political identity. Canada, Mexico, and the USA are part of the URNA (United Republic of North America). For historical reasons they are referred to as different entities within the URNA but politically they are one I believe.
    4) Alternatively, Chief could have Canadian parents, granting him Canadian citizenship. This could hold true if the URNA is not all that united.

Being Canadian would explain why he doesn't boast about stuff. Or that he helps people out. Or that he's relatively polite.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger October 22nd 2015, 12:47 pm

But it wouldn't explain his curse of almost anything he's on, in, or near blowing up. That seems like an American thing.

Still though, it doesn't really matter. Even if his parents were Canadian, official record concerning everything about him is sealed.

And, you know, he's being hunted. That's a thing too.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen October 22nd 2015, 1:59 pm

Culturally, the the Halo universe is very American. What I'm saying is not that they're all Americans up there, but the UNSC, the people, everything is so blatantly influenced by Americans, and act like Americans, that it's ridicurous.

That said, you know I meant prime minister. Come on bro, I'm not ignorant.

This is true Vale. Too many dang explosions. That explains much of his history.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 22nd 2015, 11:27 pm

UNSC is culturally like the US Military. We don't know that much about civilian life. However, since Chief was raised by the UNSC then I suppose he is similar to a US soldier in certain regards.

But just cause he acts like an American soldier doesn't mean he can't run as a Canadian Member of Parliament! Maybe even Prime Minister!

Speaking of which... Let's call a spade a spade Jensen. Prime Minister is the correct term for our head of government. I don't call your President a Prime Minister because he's not. He's the head of state AND government, and so I refer to him by his proper title. I feel it's respectful to call things from another country by its appropriate name... When you know the correct term of course.

Still mad there was no news about Chief though. Gonna cry so hard when Halo 5 comes out because I can't play it.

Loving the news about Bernie Sanders though.

FEEL THE BURN!
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen October 23rd 2015, 2:12 am

You're darn right. Americans can lead the government in Canada. Lol. Jk. but srs. Srs faec bro.

But bro, I call spades shovels in America. Haha. I think you're right though. All it was was a slip of the finger; I just wasn't thinking about it (classic American). But soon the Prime Minister shall be overtaken by the Presidency when we merge and become the most powerful country in the world!

Down with Bernie.

Yeah, I can't play Halo 5 when it comes out, either. Don't have the moneyz or the xbox. I'll get it eventually though. Sad day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 1st 2024, 11:20 pm