Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 20 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Manny November 3rd 2013, 1:36 am

Oh yeah... I think Belephor should be a SUMO WRESTLER!

Cuz he's lazy. And I'd like to break the stereotype that villains are thin. Let's show people that fat people can be dangerous too!

In his Demon form... Snorlax on steroids?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 3rd 2013, 12:53 pm

AAAAAAAAAARGH

Anyway, Sloth can be fat. I like that.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 3rd 2013, 1:27 pm

Bad John wrote:AAAAAAAAAARGH

Why the "argh"?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 3rd 2013, 3:30 pm

Manny wrote:
    Bad John wrote:AAAAAAAAAARGH

Why the "argh"?
    Probably imagining the character acting like that?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 9th 2013, 2:55 pm

I forgot the seven deadly sins, posted something wrong, remembered the wrong information, posted that, then finally remembered the right information, and edited it one last time. That is the reason for the AAAAARGH.

Because I'm dumb.

Whose turn is it anyway?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 9th 2013, 4:10 pm

Probably mine, that's my guess. I'll get one up ASAP.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 9th 2013, 6:41 pm

That is indeed the case.

I sent you something a while ago, Morgan... I think I told you to do what you wanted with it: be it take the relevant pieces, use the whole piece, or not use it all.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 12th 2013, 9:57 pm

Hm. What do you suppose happens to the people that Al (while in his more bestial form) eats go? Unless, of course, he just tears 'em apart and spits them out.

I doubt they go to Al's actual stomach. That'd pose quite a few hazards for Al.

Since the demon is pure energy, maybe they are simply dissolved, and give the demon slightly more energy, like a "sugar high." Since it naturally burns on its own energy, the added power source of organic material could serve to boost the demon's strength. That'd explain why at first he was an even match with Jordan, but then he could take on three Heroes at once. Razz

Just speculation.

And good part, Morgan.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 12th 2013, 11:43 pm

I like that.

When I first wrote Demon, I was just going for the whole "carnage" feel. I wasn't really thinking in terms of "power levels" per say.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 13th 2013, 12:54 am

Manny wrote:I like that.

When I first wrote Demon, I was just going for the whole "carnage" feel. I wasn't really thinking in terms of "power levels" per say.
    If you are referring to Carnage from Spiderman, the concept is the same as his 'brother' Venom. When Venom consumes one of his victims, it is much like what John said. He absorbs essences, which resulted in either a much faster reaction time or strength, and in some cases; both.

It'd be fair to say that if you were going for the Carnage feel, technically what John proposed wouldn't be TOO far off. Just a thought.

John: Much obliged, but thank Manuel. He sent me the brunt of it, I just added in some things that Bryce would do/think/respond with that might've been missing in the draft.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 13th 2013, 5:39 pm

Next part? I got this. I already have a few paragraphs written up.

Demon and Alpha will go toe to toe, but ultimately Alpha is going to find a way to rid himself of Al in the heat of battle since Alpha is the more trained and experienced combatant.

Realistically, Al's fighting style would be regular street fighting. He's had no formal training, and relying on Demon's fighting style is not an acceptable alternative for Al.

For this battle, he'll go back and forth between slashing and punching. Since this is his first time trying to control Demon in combat, he won't preform at optimal performance. Basically he's just going to brute force his way through things (i.e. blocking blaster shots rather than dodging them, slashing wherever he can instead of vital areas, etc).
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 13th 2013, 6:32 pm

Manny wrote:Next part? I got this. I already have a few paragraphs written up.

Demon and Alpha will go toe to toe, but ultimately Alpha is going to find a way to rid himself of Al in the heat of battle since Alpha is the more trained and experienced combatant.

Realistically, Al's fighting style would be regular street fighting. He's had no formal training, and relying on Demon's fighting style is not an acceptable alternative for Al.

For this battle, he'll go back and forth between slashing and punching. Since this is his first time trying to control Demon in combat, he won't preform at optimal performance. Basically he's just going to brute force his way through things (i.e. blocking blaster shots rather than dodging them, slashing wherever he can instead of vital areas, etc).
    That just made me think of a really cool concept. Y'see, in animated series such as the Avengers or the Justice league, the Meta-Humans occasionally combined their strengths and weaknesses.

Now bare with me here, I know I'm thinking too far ahead, but what if during the final engagement Bryce helps Al by reading his foe's mind and mentally telling Al which direction he's coming from. Say Alpha is Al's final foe *doubt it, just go with it*, Alpha swings a right hook, Bryce tells Al that's going to happen and to follow up with a block from the left arm and an uppercut to the stomach.

Essentially, Bryce could put Al *or other teammate* one step ahead of the battle, until the enemy finally realizes what's going on and repels Bryce from their mind. Just a thought.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 14th 2013, 1:56 am

Cool fact.

Alejandro = Alexander = "Defender of men".

Pretty cool huh, considering that is pretty much what Al aims to do? The best part? It was completely unintentional.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 15th 2013, 12:15 am

IDEA:

Maybe, after struggling with the Demon for long and feeling insecure, Al goes to the other extreme with his powers.

He believes he is in full control now, and gets a little cocky with it? I mean he IS 17, so he's bound to get a little hotheaded at times. At with all that power? It'd be hard NOT to.

Then something can happen that REALLY shakes him up, and brings him back to being cautious with the Demon.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 19th 2013, 2:03 am

Ah yes, so I got my part up. A bit too short my liking, but I couldn't really figure out a way to make the fight last longer with Alpha... without making it seem like the other heroes aren't doing anything.

Feel free to edit some dialogue or such if I made him somewhat uncharacteristically quiet.

Also feel free to tell me if I made him under/over powered.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 19th 2013, 2:10 am

Goddammit Manny I'm trying to sleep.

Lol. I'll read it.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 19th 2013, 2:18 am

Bad John wrote:Goddammit Manny I'm trying to sleep.

Lol. I'll read it.
    Well I was up (Uni work), decided to reread what I had written to refresh for what I wanted to write, then decided what I had was good enough, even if a bit short for my personal taste.

And if you're trying to sleep... Why are you on the computer????
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 19th 2013, 2:20 am

My phone notifies me whenever there's a relevant post on the board. The phone knocked me awake by vibrating against a glass cup.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 19th 2013, 1:43 pm

Since I'm up, the next chapter will mostly be the characters cleaning up the enemy gangsters, and running Alpha off.

It'll give Jordan, Sam, Voltaire, and Mason a chance to cut loose, and show just how powerful they've become. It won't be enough to seriously hurt Alpha, but it'll at least be SOMETHING.

I had some ideas for potential character developments and risks, so I'll PM you both before I put it out there.

Suggestions as to where the fight should go after the whimper metas are defeated? Should we introduce a buffer villain, or end it there?

Do you guys want a crack at ending it, instead of just having me resolve it?

Whatcha want me to do? :PSince this is OUR story.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 19th 2013, 1:52 pm

Bad John wrote:Since I'm up, the next chapter will mostly be the characters cleaning up the enemy gangsters, and running Alpha off.

It'll give Jordan, Sam, Voltaire, and Mason a chance to cut loose, and show just how powerful they've become. It won't be enough to seriously hurt Alpha, but it'll at least be SOMETHING.

I had some ideas for potential character developments and risks, so I'll PM you both before I put it out there.

Suggestions as to where the fight should go after the whimper metas are defeated? Should we introduce a buffer villain, or end it there?

Do you guys want a crack at ending it, instead of just having me resolve it?

Whatcha want me to do? Razz Since this is OUR story.
    Ask anyone who knows my writing abilities, they'll tell you I can't ever properly wrap up a story, or when I do, I always want to change it in some way or another.

I think it'd be best if you or Manny were behind the ending of this one. If you'd like my input to help decide a choice, I'd love to. But as for ending this chapter, I'll have to say no.

I think perhaps hinting at the Seven Deadly Sins could be in order. If this takes place in Italy, or Spain, bodies of water aren't that far behind. Perhaps Leviathan could be the Vanguard of the SDS's?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 19th 2013, 2:02 pm

Actually, fuck PMing. I'll just post all my ideas here.

SPECIFICALLY, my plan is for Voltaire, Bryce, Sam, and Mason to kick the shit out of the enemy gang.

Alpha starts bringing some serious heat to Al, and calls him a monster, deeply unsettling Al for a second.

Alpha: You've chewed up humans, and you've leveled buildings! How can you call yourself a "good guy," let alone a "hero?" Quit ignoring the shit you've done in the past. You're not like Beta, faggot. You're a MONSTER. ...Granted, Beta is a faggot too, but that's besides the point. >:]

A rather pissed off Jordan tackles Alpha, and they engage in a brief firefight, and Jordan is overpowered by Alpha's sheer firepower.

Alpha jokes that Jordan is an inferior version of him, striking a nerve with Jordan. Before Alpha can seriously hurt Jordan, Bryce arrives with an assist, and before Alpha can strike back and try to take Bryce out, Sam slams him. The entire team dukes it out with Alpha, who holds them off until he realizes that the fight is stupid.

Bryce: What's the matter? Where'd all your friends go? >:D

Voltaire: I don't think your flunkies are getting up, Alpha. >:)

Bryce: They're all OUT COLD. :)

Voltaire: ...Bryce, knock it off. You're embarrassing us. :(

Bryce: I thought that one was pretty good. :'(

Sam: Surrender, and we'll make this easier. >:|

Jordan: Like hell we will! I'm breaking his arms off whether he surrenders or not!! D:<

Alpha: Say that to my face, dicksucker! >:D

Jordan: YOU WANT SOME OF THIS, DOUCHEBAG?! >:(

Al: Grrrrr.... >:[

Mason: ...What Al said.  >:/

Alpha: ...I'd be happy to kick your asses, but there aren't even any women watching this. What a FUCKING waste of time. I'm going home. >_>

Cornered by the entire team, and without backup, Alpha gets annoyed, then just blasts a support-beam to the housing project, escaping. The collapsing building buys the asshole enough time to escape, leaving the team empty handed, but Alpha's forces defeated.

There are emoticons to emphasize the emotions of the spoken lines.

As for the hints about the 7 DS dudes, let's consult about that. What kind of hints did y'all have in mind?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 19th 2013, 2:57 pm

Well, we DID have Behemoth planned a while ago. He could be a buffer villain, leading up to the DEMON project villains. You mentioned a ten day story arch, during which time extensive research could be done 

Which would kinda surprise Al to see ANOTHER one. He was kept in solitary confinement while being experimented on.

However, how is this transition going? After the buffer, will we see regular meta villains from time to time? Or is all on the Seven Deadly Princes.

I like to think of them as "bosses" in a video game. Perhaps then, the "miniboss" could be like one of Alpha's henchmen. Just to get a good blend between regular metas and the DEMONs. 

I suppose that the Seven Princes of Hell get sent in after Alpha's henchmen can't get the job done. Which would also give Enrique more reason to not like Alpha.

It'd also give Lucifer a reason to doubt Alpha as well. It's not a knock on Alpha however, since it is pretty hard to find henchmen that can match a DEMON. However, it could be possible to view Alpha as more useful as a solo operative than a partner to coordinate with?

I dunno. A relationship based purely off mutual profit isn't going to last long between these two factions I think. Ideas?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 19th 2013, 3:47 pm

OOOOOOH. I thought of a great Alpha line. I'ma write it down.

Spoiler:

Anyway, after the brawl, there could be some downtime, interspersed with single members of the team being sent out to fight enemy Meta Humans, like Al fighting a guy who weaponized a bunch of droids, or Bryce taking down Burnout once and for all after he robs a bank.

Once they've started a "winning streak," and life is proceeding normally, the Behemoth could appear in the plot. Like, to punctuate the ending of the beginning, so to speak. After the Behemoth plot, we could start in with the Seven Deadly Sins.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 19th 2013, 6:48 pm

Manny wrote:IDEA:

Maybe, after struggling with the Demon for long and feeling insecure, Al goes to the other extreme with his powers.

He believes he is in full control now, and gets a little cocky with it? I mean he IS 17, so he's bound to get a little hotheaded at times. At with all that power? It'd be hard NOT to.

Then something can happen that REALLY shakes him up, and brings him back to being cautious with the Demon.
    Hm... I had this idea previously and it MIGHT fit in here.

After the "winning streak", we could see "tame" Demon come to fruition. The one where Al looks buff Razz

Anyways, how about after the first three or so Princes of Hell (e.g. Lucifer, Leviathan, etc), Al beings to REALLY get cocky. Something happens between then (maybe Lucifer, round one) where Al is brought back to humility?

I dunno. Just putting something out there, since nobody is perfect (and neither should Al by extension).
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 19th 2013, 6:52 pm

Manny wrote:
    Manny wrote:IDEA:

Hm... I had this idea previously and it MIGHT fit in here.

After the "winning streak", we could see "tame" Demon come to fruition. The one where Al looks buff Razz

Anyways, how about after the first three or so Princes of Hell (e.g. Lucifer, Leviathan, etc), Al beings to REALLY get cocky. Something happens between then (maybe Lucifer, round one) where Al is brought back to humility?

I dunno. Just putting something out there, since nobody is perfect (and neither should Al by extension).
    Maybe Al tries to take on Lucifer alone, and is utterly defeated, and a teammate is wounded while trying to retrieve him. That tends to be what happens in superhero stuff. Razz

A more confident Al would certainly be interesting to see.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 6:17 am