Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Manny October 16th 2013, 10:08 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:You can, but I got a decent idea of what he's like through interacting with the character.
    I'll send you it, and then you pick and choose what's relevant. I think Bryce would be pretty influential on Al's attitude going in, since Bryce helped reign in the Demon.

Dragon of Darkness wrote:I know this isn't the place but I would love to get back to work on other stuff I am and my posts will pick up after I fix my laptop
    Work on other stuff? You mean our other collabs or your own things?

Anyways, I'll get to work on our other collabs slowly, since my last mid terms is Monday... until the middle of November when I have a whole new set of midterms...then December with finals.

But I got the inbetween times to work on posts.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 18th 2013, 4:41 am

BEHOLD.

I call this "The Mind of Al". It gives you a peek at what "Wild Demon" looks like here. I'll have another "full body" picture later. I'm getting better at this though Smile

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 19 The_mi10

(You can click on the picture to view the WHOLE thing, but really all you'll be getting is the neck and some of the torso for Wild Demon. It may or may not be of interest to you to see that)

Ahem... *puts on top hat and monocle*

Take note of the large difference in size between our protagonist, Alejandro, and his more savage counterpart, simply known as "Demon". While this can be taken as an indication of physical size, as the Demon is in fact larger than Alejandro, it is important to note the context.

This is the mind of our hero. Here, he constantly struggles against the far more powerful, more menacing, much larger being. They are the same organism, as seen by the DNA and their energy cloaks, but they are vastly different and opposites of one another.

Alejandro is offering his hand, as a sign of peace. He would like nothing more than to find some sort of mutual understanding with the Demon that does not involve mindless killing.

The Demon, being little more than an animal, merely watching with its mouth agape ready to strike should his counterpart attempt anything.

The Demon will only grow more weary as Alejandro enlist outside aid to keep it suppressed, preventing our hero from achieving his full, although destructive, powers.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 18th 2013, 5:22 pm

It's been a LOOOOONG time coming, but I finally designed Bryce's costume. Note that the image you are about to see is his new design. His face will be slightly different, and while his hair isn't as exaggeratedly spiked as I've said, the rest is basically what his costume is.

*Click image for full view*

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 19 Glacycle_zps773907f0

Basically, it's a winter jacket, fingerless gloves, and comfy ski pants *not snow pants, almost like sweatpants*. The white band on his arm is where the H.E.R.O band will be.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 20th 2013, 12:51 am

Shad0wChas3r wrote:I'll be posting the teleportation of Al, Bryce, Mason, and Jensen's character very soon.
    Morgan! NOOOOOOOO!

I'm not sure how far into your post you are but Mason and Sam are already there! It's Bryce, Al, and Voltaire you gotta bring in!
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 20th 2013, 1:22 am

Don't worry, I technically haven't started yet, but I got the message you sent me. That was what I was planning for an entrance.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 22nd 2013, 12:37 am

So I finally finished a picture of Demon. I just picked a Biohazard/DNA background thing because it's the only thing I could think of that would make sense as a background.

VOLIA (as always you may need to click to get a full view)
    Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 19 Full_b10
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 22nd 2013, 1:07 am

Not what I had picture in my head exactly. I prefer this to my mental image anyway. Razz
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 22nd 2013, 1:09 am

Bad John wrote:Not what I had picture in my head exactly. I prefer this to my mental image anyway. Razz
    Not what I had pictured in my head exactly either. It's the closest I could get to it with my limited art skills Sad

But I figured it would help get the energy cloak feel across anyways. I guess I also forgot to mention the clawed feet.... And it's maybe slightly bulkier.

The first image comparing tame Demon and wild Demon I think gives a better feel for the volume of Demon's body, even if it's only a portion of it.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 19 Empty Character Sheets for the Seven Princes of Hell

Post  Manny October 23rd 2013, 1:40 am

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns?
    Name: Alan Robinson

Alias: Asmodeus

Appearance:

Asmodeus has a unique energy cloak allows him to distort light and have a different appearance depending on the person looking at him.

Asmodeus's cloak projects an image of whatever the viewer finds attractive, even changing the appearance of his gender if need be. Usually this is done to to attract females of all sexual orientations, as to seduce them and "seed" them. This effect also works on males, but Asmodeus has no need for men since they cannot be seeded.

Inside or outside of the cloak, Asmodeus enjoys going about in very formal clothing (or appears as such if in the cloak). He appears well groomed, whether his appearance is masculine or feminine. Beyond that, appearances vary wildly depending on what the viewer finds attractive.

When Asmodeus is in combat, his cloak reverts to its natural state. In this state the energy cloak is deep, dark, red with yellow eyes. His form is fairly human, akin to Lucifer's or Enrique's forms.

In his human form, Asmodeus is a 5'10 Caucasian man with blond hair and green eyes. He likes to style his hair, and usually smells of cologne. When wearing real clothing, Asmodeus prefers to wear a white dress shirt, a red tire, a black suit, black dress pants, black dress socks, and black fancy shoes.

Personality:

Asmodeus is a fairly smooth talker, able to entrance most women to his charm. He enjoys teasing them, being flirtatious, and, of course, sleeping with them. He doesn't discriminate and welcomes women from all walks of life Wink

Asmodeus is not a fighter at heart, and would rather have others do the fighting for him. When force to fight however, Asmodeus is no coward.

Powers/Abilities:

As mentioned before, Asmodeus's cloak allows his appearance to change shape to whatever the viewer finds attractive. This is a passive ability and is always in effect, until Asmodeus finds himself in combat.

The ability of Asmodeus's cloak to change his appearance is related to the method of "seeding", where Asmodeus engages in intercourse to plant his "seed". From here the sperm cells act more like viruses, infecting other cells until enough genetic information has been edited throughout the victim's body.

This process is used to create "Imps", which are beings permanently infused with energy, never to return to their human forms. Imps are an all female group, loyal to Asmodeus. They could be viewed as his "pride", similar to how male lions are in charge of groups of female lions.

When pressed into heavy combat, Asmodeus can actively change the appearance of his cloak, in an attempt to confuse the attacker. Asmodeus can go so far as to imitate helpless children or become a seductive figure again. This is a conscious decision, unlike the previous passive nature of appearing attractive to all.

Background:

Asmodeus is originally from the United Kingdom, England to be specific. He was a business man that moved from the Confederacy of Free European Countries (CFEC) to the United Provinces of New England (UPNE) to expand his financial empire.

Asmodeus, known as Alan Robinson then, was fairly successful in Crisis City, making a name for himself in the stock markets of Wealth Street... and in the beds of wealthy women. Alan was one of those "rich playboy" types, using his money to woo over women and sleep with them. Then one day, it's not sure how, but one day Alan got into a terrible car accident leaving him close to the brink of death.

Soon afterwards Alan's stocks plummeted and he found himself broke. Thankfully the UNPE's health care system was able to pay for his surgery, but it wasn't able to cover all of his recovery. It was able to cover the basics but nothing more.

At this point Alan was panicking. After spending a life time of accumulating wealth, he couldn't imagine a life without riches. Alan even considered committing suicide, unable to bear the thought of being poor.

So when the military came knocking, offering Alan a chance to start a new life, he took it. Needless to say, it wasn't quite what he was expecting, but for once in his life he hadn't read any fine print. Upon retrospect, Asmodeus sees that they knew he wouldn't.

As Asmodeus, Alan was able to seduce a number of female guards and escape the facility he was held in. Some time later, he met Lucifer and Enrique and joined the two in their mission, bitter, jealous, and angry at society's elite, despite having been one of them.

Something to note is that Asmodeus has been managing a lot of the finances of Enrique's criminal empire. This was a huge factor in helping get it more organized and allowing it to expand to what it is today.

These days, Asmodeus enjoys women more than money due to his history with money. As mentioned before he still deals with money on a large scale but his abilities to seduce, and Lucifer's need for an army, have landed him a new "hobby".

Last edited by Manny on October 23rd 2013, 2:31 am; edited 2 times in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 23rd 2013, 1:43 am

Ew. It's perfect. Very Happy
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 23rd 2013, 1:51 am

Very Happy

Anyways, I'm working on one for Mammon and then I'll head to bed. If you have ideas, for any of the seven, feel free to share.

But at least Asmo, Lucifer, and Satan are pretty much done (at this moment).
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 23rd 2013, 2:09 am

Gold cloak for Mammon, definitely. Maybe make him one of the more physically powerful demons. The group needs a powerhouse, since most of the sins are kinda sneaky and conniving in nature.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 23rd 2013, 2:25 am

Bad John wrote:Gold cloak for Mammon, definitely. Maybe make him one of the more physically powerful demons. The group needs a powerhouse, since most of the sins are kinda sneaky and conniving in nature.
    I SWEAR you can read my mind.

I was writing it up, and I had the idea of making Mammon a really powerful enemy in terms of physical strength, both in and out of his cloak.

Out of it he's this really buff warlord who knows some lethal martial arts.

In it, the more energy he gets the more physical strength he has.

I go to check this thread, and you suggest what I've already been writing!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 19 Empty Character Sheet for Mammon

Post  Manny October 23rd 2013, 2:31 am

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns?
    Name: Abdul Jalloh

Alias: Mammon

Appearance:
    Mammon has a gold cloak, which is always shimmering. It shimmers more when Mammon has more energy.

Mammon stands at about 7 and a half feet to 8 and half feet tall, has a thick tail, and sharp claws on both hands and feet. His claws are more rounded and taper off at the end in wicked hooks, rather than the long blade claws seen on Demons such as Satan.

Outside of his cloak, Mammon is a six foot tall former African warlord. Heavily built, and very dark skinned (even among Africans) he is a very imposing figure. He has scar running along his right eyebrow and that goes down until his jaw. Abdul also keeps his head bald, out of personal preference.

Personality:
    Mammon is fairly aggressive, showing no mercy to foes in combat. Mammon's primary weapon are his claws, used for hooking into an enemy and stealing energy from them. With humans, this energy is usually electrochemical.

Mammon is fairly easy to provoke, due to his aggressive nature, and will not hesitate to transform into his Demon over even trivial things. Mammon is kept in line by Lucifer, who is able to supply his Demon with nearly unlimited energy in return for Mammon's service and loyalty.

Not much is different about Mammon outside of his cloak. At some point in his life Abdul learned the lethal martial arts of Combato and Krav Maga, making him a dangerous opponent without the need to use his Demon.

Abul is also a fairly big eater, a fan of caffeine, and works out quite a bit. These were common for him before being bonded to his Demon, but the increase in these activities is no doubt a side effect of having to manage the "sleep mode" energy requirements of his Demon.

Powers/Abilities:

Mammon is able to absorb energy, much like Lucifer, but he uses it for himself. The more energy Mammon absorbs, the more powerful he grows in terms of physical strength.

His physical size increases as well, but not by much so any major increase in size would require a large amount of energy. His physical strength grows at a linear rate, meaning it is directly proportional to the amount of energy absorbed.

Mammon uses his claws to absorb energy, hooking them into a victim or power source and then sucking the energy out of it. Mammon can also use his tail for this purpose as well, if need be.

His energy cloak is always shimmering, which may or may not throw off some opponents, but the shimmering effect increases with larger amounts of energy absorbed by Mammon.

Background:

Mammon was once Abdul Jalloh, an African warlord greedy for power. He was terrorizing various countries and gathering various villages under his banner. He committed and encouraged atrocious war crimes, and even went as far as to use child soldiers.  

Eventually, after massive protests in the UPNE, military action was taken and Abdul's reign of terror was put to end. Abdul was convicted as a war criminal, and taken to the UPNE's national maximum security prison.

Placed on death row, Abdul Jalloh angrily awaited his fate. Then one day, the military came by with an alternative. Abdul would be given a second chance at life, but only if that life was spent in service of the UPNE. Abdul agreed, not intending to keep his part of bargain anyways.

Fortunately for Abdul, and unfortunately for the UPNE, he was conscripted into project D.E.M.O.N. Soon after being given his Demon, Mammon, Abdul found his way to generators of the military base and absorbed all of the energy, blacking it out and allowing him to escape more easily.

After some time, Abdul found himself in Mexico where his Demon's hunger for energy led to an incredible energy source: Lucifer. Abdul agreed to join his cause in exchange for energy to fuel his Demon, and the thought of ruling over the WORLD was one that he liked.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 23rd 2013, 12:41 pm

Really?

They took an African Warlord for the project? Someone known for being power hungry and untrustworthy?

The UNPE is retarded. xD I like Mammon. He'll be a good opponent. Very Happy
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 23rd 2013, 2:14 pm

Bad John wrote:Really?

They took an African Warlord for the project? Someone known for being power hungry and untrustworthy?

The UNPE is retarded. xD I like Mammon. He'll be a good opponent. Very Happy
    Gee, the UPNE government sounds like another government I know of...

Anyways, they figured they could control Mammon, like most of the other DEMONs. They were wrong. Basically the UPNE thought they were hot shit.

Some info on Project D.E.M.O.N as a whole.

The government chose people who had attributes they thought would bond well with those of their Demon.

Mammon, for example, had to have this greedy aspect to him in order to do his job effectively (suck up energy). In a military situation, Mammon would have been great for disrupting logistics. When a base loses power, or you simply can't fuel your war machine, problems start happening. Being greedy for energy would provide Mammon with some sort of motivation. If Mammon's host was lazy, it'd make the bonding process a lot harder.

That and I figured we just need a really aggressive and really powerful opponent to face.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 23rd 2013, 11:05 pm

We still need ideas for Belephor (?) and Leviathan...

I was thinking Leviathan could be a serpent like thing on land.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 23rd 2013, 11:08 pm

Leviathan could be a featureless, slithering serpent, and one of the faster Demons, but once you add water, BAM, it grows crab claws, and octopus tentacles, and big-ol shark teeth!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 26th 2013, 3:34 pm

Maybe Leviathan can attack like Serris from Metroid Fusion?

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Serris
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 26th 2013, 4:03 pm

That looks good. O_o A nice fit.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 26th 2013, 11:07 pm

So here's some points I have for Leviathan...

General Points:
    -Blue energy cloak
    -Ultra high-speed attacks (land or water)

Land Form:
    -Slithering serpent (maybe two arms, for tearing through people at high speeds?)
    -Long mouth with sharp teeth
    -Spear like tail
    -Sharp spikes protruding from spine

Water Form:
    -Slithering Eel
    -Thicker mouth, akin to a shark
    -One long dorsal fin (fused spikes)
    -Finned tail (which doubles as a double bladed tail)
    -Can emit high pitched noises to disorient enemies (like some sort of demonic dolphin)
    -Webbed hands and finned arms (maybe, not sure)
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 26th 2013, 11:10 pm

Dude. Lobster claws!

Lobster claws would be sick. Underwater, he should be a terrifying gestalt of all the dangers of the ocean. And when I think ocean, I think lobster claws. :P
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 26th 2013, 11:21 pm

Dude... We EAT lobsters AND crabs. They ain't all that scary.

But if it's lobsters claws you're looking for, I'm sure I could design them to be wicked looking enough. Lobster claws... to the EXTREME! Twisted Evil 

Maybe he could have tentacles with claws at the end, like that picture I showed? It'd be a pretty good blend of tentacles and claws, and make them useful/deadly.

I can imagine Leviathan holding a victim on place with its tentaclaws(?) and then just ripping their heart out with his hand. Then EATING it in front of them before they die.

...yeah, that'll work.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 26th 2013, 11:31 pm

That'd be pretty damn hardcore. O_o
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 26th 2013, 11:48 pm

So is Asmo...
    Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 19 If_you_know_what_I_mean_

Anyways, although this isn't a feature of OCEAN creatures... maybe he could have a sticky tongue, like a frog?

If all else fails, and he can't get you with his tentaclaws (new word, now and forever more) maybe he can surprise you with his tongue?

Frogs are creepy anyways.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 7:03 am