Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. Empty Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Bad John April 21st 2013, 4:46 pm

Off Topic Discussion thread.

I'd like to thank in advance anyone who decides to participate. Sign in here, we'll discuss the personality, powers, limitations, hopes, and dreams of your character, and his place in the story.

By the way, Earth Delta means which parallel universe in which these characters reside. Earth Alpha is our own world, in which WE, the writers, exist. Earth Beta is a horrible place where you don't wanna end up.

I want to have a decent sense of time and date in this story. It won't run parallel with our own time, of course, because that would be too annoying to keep up with, but I want today to be the springing off point of the story's events. Of course our characters have pasts and futures, but once something happens here (probably the fight between Al, Jordan, and Bryce), it all begins. Razz

Also, happy birthday to my dear ol' Dad. Smile

EDIT: Click on this sentence as a link to the actual story. -Manny
    EDIT: Click on this sentence as a link to the H&D character thread! - Manny
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Manny April 21st 2013, 4:48 pm

I'd tell you to tell him Happy Birthday for me... But that's sound weird coming from some random on the Internet...

Anyways, what's wrong with Earth Beta? Is it Fallout?

Oh and I suppose I'll transfer Alejandro's bio over.

Name: Alejandro Ramirez

Super Name: "Demon"

Description:
    A purple mass of energy, the body movements are fluid and accommodate any physical changes (kinda like Carnage). The eyes are vertically ovular, large, and pure yellow with no irises or pupils at all. Stands anywhere from 7 to 10 feet tall. No trace of the host is visible beneath the energy.

The "Demon" usually stands with its knees slightly bent, and a permanent growl giving it a more animalistic appearance. All teeth are long and pointed, and the head is slightly longer than a human's (like the Xenomorphs in Alien, but not as large). It has a tail, further adding to the the animalistic appearance

Powers:
    -Dark purple energy field forms body that is known as "Demon"
    -Long claws are formed, sharp as swords, used to tear enemies apart
    -Projected tail with point on the end, sharp as a spear to impale enemies
    -Extendable teeth to be as long a sabertooth's, mouth expands to accommodate
    -Can leap to 100m high
    -Can sprint at 100km/h in short bursts
    -Massive amount of pain tolerance, can withstand missiles head on at times
    -Ear piercing screeches, can create miniature "sonic booms"
    -Extremely destructive

Brief Background Summary:
    Project Codename "Demon" was a military experiment that was developed to create fearsome biological weapons. The government planted genetic markers into women who were pregnant, and when the time was right the test subjects were extracted.

Taken at the age of 17, young Alejandro Ramirez was abducted by the government and subjected to many experiments. When the test subject escaped, he destroyed the entire base and cost the government billions in damage. The remaining test subjects also scattered but Alejandro was unaware of this, being new to his power and not able to entirely control it resulting in him being kept in solitary confinement.

The government is hunting down its test subjects, brining them back to research labs or killing them if necessary. Alejandro is of special interest to the government, having the most untapped potential.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 21st 2013, 4:56 pm

I like that there's a world before the character's. If there's ever a parallel universe brawl, the Beta punks would have a smug sense of superiority from being two greek letters ahead. :3

Gamma's destroyed, by the way. Earth nuked itself retarded. Just gross mutants everywhere.

...I wonder where those Mutants are going. >.>

Anyway, I'll transfer mine as well. Morgan should be followin' suit soon.

Name: Jordan Jones

Alias: Jo Jo (Nickname)

Beta (Public Identity and Superhero Callsign)

Inspector Gadget (Mocking nickname by enemies)

Powers and Abilities:

Robotic Enhancements
    Built in weaponry (non-lethal and lethal depending on assignment)
    Enhanced strength, speed, endurance, and durability
    Adaptable, shape shifting utility/cannon arm
    Myriad of tools
    Medium ranged teleportation grid
    Auto-repair/healing factor

Summary: Jordan was a relatively normal, intelligent young man until a city-wide attack by a robotic supervillain named "Alpha." In his attempt to shield several people from a bomb blast severely damaged his body, severing his arm and throwing him from the window of a twelve story building.

Though he survived, his injuries put him in intensive care for five years, where he was homeschooled, and his few interactions with other people were few, brief, and far between.

He was later noticed by the same scientific team that created Alpha. Seeking to right their mistakes, they fitted his body with multiple prosthetic replacements, in a process referred to simply as "editing."

When he showed a willingness to aid the scientists in bringing Alpha to justice for his crimes, and his psychiatric examinations proved him to be sane and kindhearted, despite years of wasting away in a hospital, Jordan's prosthetic replacements were converted into outright enhancements, including a right arm that can shapeshift between multiple functions, including a normal hand, tools, and a powerful energy cannon.

His social skills are lacking due to years of loneliness and isolation, but he almost always means well.

He has been trained in multiple martial arts as a means to avoid relying solely on his enhanced strength, and although he's new to genuine fighting, he is a decent physical combatant. With the help of the scientists that created him, he fights crime under the Superhero name Beta.

Last edited by Bad John on April 21st 2013, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 21st 2013, 5:17 pm

Name: Bryce Howard

Super Hero Name: Glacycle * Pronounced: Glay-cycle*

Power(s):
    -Psychokinesis *the ability to read minds/ manipulate objects with the mind*

-Flight *Do you really need an explanation?*

-Glaciokinesis *the ability to manipulate ice and the atmosphere*

Brief summary:

Bryce Howard was a psychic since birth, having the abilities to read minds, and eventually the ability to lift objects with his mind. While he has had thirty years to hone these skills, he has his limits when it comes to lifting objects around him. He must have a brief 'period' to recharge, which, depending on the size of the object, could last anywhere from five minutes, to five days.

His parents, confused by his abilities, cast him from his home to his Grandfather, who had secretly had the same Psychokinesis abilities as him. Unfortunately, on the year of his twentieth birthday, his Grandfather's house was invaded by shady men. His Grandfather was killed in his bed, and he was brought to Terra Co. An industry well renown for terrorizing the world.

After five years of torture and scientific modifications, Bryce's psychokinetic abilities have been increased ten-fold. Along with this, he was given the abilities of flight, and cybernetic modifications to his genetic makeup allow him the abilities of Glaciokinesis.

His Glaciokinetic abilities are still fresh, but he has mastered Cyroportation, the ability to teleport using his ice. Terra Co. underestimated his tactical mind, and he was able to escape, vowing to fight petty crime, and eventually avenge his Grandfather.

Manuel, all John would have to say is Happy Birthday from some friends of mine.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 21st 2013, 5:44 pm

K sooooo how are we going to start this? The first post I mean.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 21st 2013, 6:13 pm

I donno.

...Who WANTS to start it? I was thinking, as opposed to writing it from the perspectives of our characters alone, we all share the canon, and discuss the next rational move, with each writer being able to take reasonable control of, and creative license with, existing characters.

During important battles, however, like the Big Bad coming to town and fuckin' things up, we would each contribute to the skirmish using our own characters alone.

It could begin with Alejandro's rampage, then the intervention and introduction of the other heroes.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 21st 2013, 6:17 pm

Bad John wrote:I donno.

...Who WANTS to start it? I was thinking, as opposed to writing it from the perspectives of our characters alone, we all share the canon, and discuss the next rational move, with each writer being able to take reasonable control of, and creative license with, existing characters.

During important battles, however, like the Big Bad coming to town and fuckin' things up, we would each contribute to the skirmish using our own characters alone.

It could begin with Alejandro's rampage, then the intervention and introduction of the other heroes.
    I like it. It'd be a much more coherent story that way. Reactions would take place in real time, so to speak.

So I'd be willing to start it off that way I suppose. Then I suppose Bryce and Jordan see it on the news or something?

Oh and what city should the carn- I mean rampage occur in?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 21st 2013, 6:39 pm

We could make up a city. Razz

It can be anywhere. France, America, Spain, Mexico...Anywhere ya feel like.

In terms of car - I mean, rampage, this can be as realistic as you want. Don't feel like you gotta reign in what would really happen with a bloodthirsty science monster would do. :3
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 21st 2013, 8:00 pm

I'll just throw out some ideas here:

Maelstrom City

Crisis City
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 21st 2013, 8:26 pm

Let's do Crisis City. Seems fitting.

And it'll be in 'Murica. JUST so I don't feel bad about messing the place up...
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 21st 2013, 8:32 pm

Manny wrote:Let's do Crisis City. Seems fitting.

Or we create an American doppelganger instead. Y'know, so people from America don't get offended.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 21st 2013, 8:44 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:

Or we create an American doppelganger instead. Y'know, so people from America don't get offended.

No one gets offended when Marvel has New York get obliterated at least ONCE in every story arc.

Anyways that was joke, but sarcasm is hard to tell through text anyways. But seriously, have you should SEE the America jokes Sam and I like to do in Halo books to annoy Jensen.

This would have been nothing.

Anyways here goes:

United Provinces of New England.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 21st 2013, 8:48 pm

Manny wrote:
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:

No one gets offended when Marvel has New York get obliterated at least ONCE in every story arc.

Anyways that was joke, but sarcasm is hard to tell through text anyways. But seriously, have you should SEE the America jokes Sam and I like to do in Halo books to annoy Jensen.

Anyways here goes:

Mine was some dark form of sarcasm as well. But actually, I like that, United Provinces of New England. Perhaps in this skewed universe there was no Revolution, and therefore the British influence eventually diminished.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 21st 2013, 9:11 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Manny wrote:
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:

Anyways here goes:

Mine was some dark form of sarcasm as well. But actually, I like that, United Provinces of New England. Perhaps in this skewed universe there was no Revolution, and therefore the British influence eventually diminished.
    Yeah man.

Canada was like "BROOOO, love and peace man! War is so expensive. Just sit back, and England will get bored"

And this "Murica" was like "K".

And then everybody loved us, preventing our side of world from ever being a world target for nukes.

Oh yeah, for those of interested I have about 2 and half pages typed up on Google Docs for my post.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 21st 2013, 9:13 pm

Hot damn. You're goin' hard on this one.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 21st 2013, 9:20 pm

Bad John wrote:Hot damn. You're goin' hard on this one.
    That's about the length of the average post in my short story "To Guard Humanity". Of course I'm still not done.

The ones in my main story have been like four pages. The mine one was like six I think...

It's tricky though, writing it this intro. My character doesn't see things like humans do when he turns.
    He sees prey instead of people, metal beasts instead of machinery, and so on.

Oh and the demon refers to itself as an it. Like most animals I'd assume.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 21st 2013, 9:47 pm

Manny wrote:
    Bad John wrote:Hot damn. You're goin' hard on this one.
    That's about the length of the average post in my short story "To Guard Humanity". Of course I'm still not done.

The ones in my main story have been like four pages. The mine one was like six I think...

It's tricky though, writing it this intro. My character doesn't see things like humans do when he turns.
    He sees prey instead of people, metal beasts instead of machinery, and so on.

Oh and the demon refers to itself as an it. Like most animals I'd assume.

I'll wait for your intro post to start, Manny.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 21st 2013, 10:40 pm

Morgan, do you want to go next, or should I?

You implied that you want to go next.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 21st 2013, 10:52 pm

Well there it is. My first attempt at creating what is basically a Chaotic Evil character.

What'd you think?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 21st 2013, 10:53 pm

I liked it.

He's like Bruce Banner/The Hulk, in a way, but much more vicious.

Last edited by Bad John on April 21st 2013, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 21st 2013, 11:15 pm

If I don't have a post up within the next hour or so, feel free to go ahead John.

I'm out of town, and I'm going to a concert tomorrow. The relevance is that I'll be spending all tomorrow exploring and getting ready to go to the show. So if I don't post tonight, it'll probably be late tomorrow, and I don't want you to wait that long.

But I will certainly attempt it tonight.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 22nd 2013, 1:09 am

For the consideration or whoever writes the next section, Jordan has the following abilities:

Stand up boxing, Krav Maga, Karate and Muey Thai
    An arm that can turn into anything within reason, including a hammer, drill, cannon, or grappling hook, clamp, etc.

He's a nice guy, but is pretty competitive and condescending in battle, using insults, quips and threats to stay calm. His typical strategy is head on brawling, and simply battering his enemy with whatever he's got.

Right now, he's nervous, considering his enemy's endurance and sheer dreadful disposition towards violence.

Ball's in the next gent's court.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 22nd 2013, 3:13 pm

I'll go next I guess, since Morgan said he'd be busy today. I'll try and get something up tonight.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 22nd 2013, 6:24 pm

Universe Info!

Although powered prosthetics have become quite cheap and popular, the process referred to as "Editing" is highly illegal without proper authorization.

Editing is the process of outfitting a human being or animal with prosthetic devices that significantly bolster the strength or speed of said individual. A prosthetic device MUST be roughly proportionate to the human's lost limb in terms of ability and function.

The reason is the sheer power that a person can wield over others in terms of industry, or criminal activity, puts normal humans at risk.

Some exceptions have been made, including the first Edited Human, Damien "Alpha" Raine, and Jordan "Beta" Jones, who was designed specifically to hunt down and halt criminal activity, specifically unauthorized use of robotics, and illegal human Editing.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 2:00 am

Jordan's shades look like the link below.

Link.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 9:56 am