Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2013, 2:51 pm

Name: Samuel Buchanan

Alias: Samson (Public—superhero)
    Sam (nickname)

Bio: Born on September 14th, 1991, Sam has lived in Crisis City his entire life. At age seventeen, he was recruited by the military to become part of a project known only simply Demi-God. He joined ninety-nine other recruits in this program.
    Once at the military installation located deep in the heart of modern day Utah, it was explained to him that they would be experimented on and genetically modified to become super human. After one year of intense training and experimenting on them, that phase of the project ended.

They failed. Out of the one hundred recruits, only one survived: Sam. The process had been too much to bear for the other recruits, but he was barely able to endure. He became much stronger and had exponentially faster reflexes than the average man (as was intended by the scientists who had created the program) but something occurred that they hadn’t expected; he gained the ability to manipulate the ground beneath his feet. Yet, the project also left him scarred mentally. He soon became prone to fits of complete and utter rage and was guilty because he was the only one left alive. He had survivor’s guilt.

Though the military intended to hone his talents, he soon after escaped in a brilliantly planned escape from the instillation. He left because of the trauma and turmoil created within him during and after the project; he couldn’t take it any longer. Immediately after his escape, the government sent agents out to either, hunt him down and eliminate him, or capture him. He hid for two years in Ontario, Canada, then finally made his way back to Crisis City in January of 2013. All the while he’s been becoming stronger and learning to hone his talents.

Abilities/Powers:
    Stronger than the average man
    Exponentially faster reflexes than the average man
    Can manipulate the earth beneath his feet

Description:
    At 6’4” tall, Sam is a strong build. He has a square head with buzzed red hair and a scruffy beard he had been growing in his time running from the military. He weighs about 211 pounds. His muscles are very developed from years of working hard and becoming bigger and stronger. When he goes out in public to fight off crime, he wears a jet black skin tight suit with hardened titanium plating built into it and a helmet with a built in HUD.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 3:12 pm

Lol. I like him. Earth manipulation, strong, fast, dark past.

I especially like the skin-tight suit. XD Classic superhero attire.

By the way, since I never gave a formal description, Jordan is 5'11", 22 years old, and on a typical day of fighting crime he wears a pair of brown tinted ray-ban sunglasses, a brown cap, a black muscle shirt, dark blue jeans, and black boots. It's pretty easy to spot the robotic modifications to his arms and neck, and they span most of his body, some muscles blackened by replacement metal tissue. His right arm is the most modified. Although it's the same size of his left arm, it's covered in sleek, bluish gunmetal armor, with the hand often in the shape of whatever tool or weapon he's using, or just a metal hand.

When he's off duty in public, he wears a small "shadowing" device that covers his exposed skin in a hologram of real flesh.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2013, 3:15 pm

It's a little different from the classic superhero suit, what with reinforced titanium being built within it.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 3:25 pm

Yeah, I can picture that.

Sounds a bit more protective than what that dumbass Spider Man wears.

People SHOOT at him, with GUNS, and yet he wears SPANDEX.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2013, 3:50 pm

Reflexes man.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 4:08 pm

Even if I could dodge bullets, I'd still pony up for some decent body armor.

EVERYONE shoots at the poor guy. A cop even put a cap in him.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 23rd 2013, 5:04 pm

[/b]Can one of you use my character I can't type for a while [/b]

Name: mason

Cover name: rainmam

Power: causes the air to do what ever he wants and the clouds as smokescreen

Allies: none yet

Last edited by The angel of hope on April 23rd 2013, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 5:22 pm

Jensen already kinda has a character with ground based powers, Holmes...
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2013, 5:48 pm

So I posted. Sorry I didn't post last night.

Anyways, feel free to take a look. I'd like to think I kept Jordan in character, but do tell me if I didn't.

People are harder to use than animals. Far more complex.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 6:11 pm

I'd like to make a few minor edits, if I may. It was, for the most part, in character. I liked the fight a lot, and most of the lines were spot on. There are just two lines that didn't sit quite well alongside what I envision for Beta.

However, this was sterling work, Manny. Smile
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2013, 6:18 pm

Bad John wrote:I'd like to make a few minor edits, if I may. It was, for the most part, in character. I liked the fight a lot, and most of the lines were spot on. There are just two lines that didn't sit quite well alongside what I envision for Beta.

However, this was sterling work, Manny. Smile
    Go for it.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 6:25 pm

Done. Razz

Alright, either Jensen or Morgan are up next.

If not, I'm down to go. Since this story is pretty much sustainable in terms of AFK people, there's no real penalty for not going. The only issue is lack of personal input to character development, and I don't want that to happen.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2013, 6:31 pm

Those lines seem more fitting, but that was to be expected since you made Jordan.

I wonder what'll he'll think when the Demon is beaten and Alejandro comes back, unconscious that is.

A pile of debris right on his head, after a non stop barrage of multiple attacks, should do the trick. After a long fight that is.

Oh and if you want to hear what the Demon SOUNDS like... Look up Spinosaurus noises on YouTube. Pretty close to what I had in mind.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 6:50 pm

The hisses and growls are pretty in line with what I imagine him sounding like.

How do you suppose Alejandro will react to waking up? Will his clothes be intact? Would he have suffered any trauma from Jordan's attacks?

Jordan will be cautious, and a bit angry, but ultimately understanding and helpful when he discovers that it wasn't entirely Al's fault.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 23rd 2013, 7:00 pm

John you can think of a power for mason go for it
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2013, 7:01 pm

Bad John wrote:The hisses and growls are pretty in line with what I imagine him sounding like.

How do you suppose Alejandro will react to waking up? Will his clothes be intact? Would he have suffered any trauma from Jordan's attacks?

Jordan will be cautious, and a bit angry, but ultimately understanding and helpful when he discovers that it wasn't entirely Al's fault.

Energy and matter can neither be created nor destroyed, unless we're talking at the atomic level.

In this case, all the energy inside Alejandro's body (e.g. chemical potential, glucose, fats, etc) is transformed. So in a sense, he IS the energy. He's transformed into a state where he can use this energy like matter. More energized cells I suppose.

That energy then returns to its previous state, which would be stored within the human body.

So yeah, I suppose his clothes would become torn in the process since he does have to change his body shape.

But he comes out relatively unharmed, which is what the military intended.

That it allows for allies to stop him without holding themselves back. A nice little plot device.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2013, 7:04 pm

The angel of hope wrote:John you can think of a power for mason go for it
    Patience young padawan.

Think up something for Mason. Take your time. No need to dive in with a character that isn't fully developed.

When you're ready, join in.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 23rd 2013, 7:08 pm

Ok sorry master
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2013, 8:59 pm

So for Alejandro to be killed,it basically has to come when he's in human form?

Also:
    The Demon's secondary purpose began to kick in, the one it has been designed to do originally.

EXTERMINATE
    Why did his purpose change? Why did the scientists--whoever designed him--change his purpose?

Anyways, I'm moving forward. Also, it seems that each character needs to be incorporated into the fight when one person is writing. Especially with Jordan and Bryce right now; I'll use everyone in the post I'm about to write, add a little character development as well.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 9:03 pm

Ideas to consider for Jordan, since it's your first time writing a scene with the dude:

Grappling hook that can be used for transportation and melee combat

A clamp to restrain the target while his free hand punches

A shield to be used while being inevitably whaled on by painful energy claws

A simple blade.

His arm, like a Green Lantern's ring, can literally turn into any simple tool he needs. Except much smaller and closer ranged than a Green Lantern, of course. Razz

Oh, and Alejandro is a main character. We're INCAPACITATING him, not killing him. O_o

Quite ambitious, writing a fight between Al, Jordan, Bryce, AND Samson. I'm pullin' for ya. Sounds dope as hell.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2013, 9:07 pm

I'll consider those ideas, along with my own--long as you don't mind. The shield one gave me a good chuckle.

Also, I've been keeping up about how we're incapacitating him, not killing. So no worries about that.

We want to knock him out anytime soon?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2013, 9:10 pm

If you want to have him knocked out by the combined might of all three of them, that's kewl.

I had two plans, depending on what you wanna do.

1. If you intended to start slow and introduce your character, starting with an arrival, colmanating in a scuffle, and ending in a standoff, I intended to write a combined effort between the three characters, and leave the resolution to Manuel.

2. If you go whole hog, and write a combined effort fight, then I'd write a short resolution with yours, Morgans, and Manny's council on how we should end the chapter.

It depends on what you do. You got the touch.

You got the power.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2013, 9:16 pm

Good luck trying to kill him. This guy could take on the HULK. He's designed to incredibly powerful, but also incredibly hard to control. That's his flaw, mainly because his host DOESN'T want to go crazy on innocents, unlike Carnage.

I don't think we want to knock him out just yet.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2013, 9:19 pm

I'll leave the resolution up to Manny. A joint fight is probably for the best. I'm going to introduce Sam a bit, then I'll get to the fighting.

I'm up for a discussion though. What's the best way to knock Demon out? Manny, you're the expert. What do you think will be the best device?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2013, 9:33 pm

Hit hard, but most of all hit FAST. No mercy, and repeatedly.

This guy can take a massive amount of damage, but he generally recovers from it. Think of it this way...

You get punched once, HARD. Yeah it hurts, but it'll subside. Now imagine the Flash punching you. You'll probably black out before you get a chance to recover.

Recovery for this guy is faster, but it's nothing supernatural. Slower than Jordan's auto repair. If you deal enough damage repeatedly, it should be enough to bring him down.

25 attack helicopters could probably take him down if they launched their missiles in sync and kept up sustained fire. Assuming he couldn't reach them.

I imagine that throwing a building on him at the end of a sustained barrage of attacks would be enough to keep him down.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 5:34 pm