Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 19th 2013, 7:58 pm

Bad John wrote:Maybe Al tries to take on Lucifer alone, and is utterly defeated, and a teammate is wounded while trying to retrieve him. That tends to be what happens in superhero stuff. Razz

A more confident Al would certainly be interesting to see.
    If this takes place, I volunteer Bryce to be the one attempting to extract Al. He's spent quite a while trying to broker a balance between the Demon and Al, and would make it his responsibility to get him out.

Perhaps during the brief moment before teleportation, Lucifer hits him with a very hefty shot?
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness November 19th 2013, 8:32 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Bad John wrote:Maybe Al tries to take on Lucifer alone, and is utterly defeated, and a teammate is wounded while trying to retrieve him. That tends to be what happens in superhero stuff. Razz

If this takes place, I volunteer Bryce to be the one attempting to extract Al. He's spent quite a while trying to broker a balance between the Demon and Al, and would make it his responsibility to get him out.

Perhaps during the brief moment before teleportation, Lucifer hits him with a very hefty shot?
    Why not mason I mean he hurt a lot of people when he didn't know how to use his powers and tries to redeem himself buy saving al or something like the demon takes over and Bryce and mason try to help

Also I'm working on a story for mason
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 19th 2013, 8:56 pm

dragon of darkness wrote:
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:

Why not mason I mean he hurt a lot of people when he didn't know how to use his powers and tries to redeem himself buy saving al or something like the demon takes over and Bryce and mason try to help

While that is viable, it makes more sense for Bryce, whom kind of acted like Al's tutor, to be the one to take that chance.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 19th 2013, 10:02 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:

While that is viable, it makes more sense for Bryce, whom kind of acted like Al's tutor, to be the one to take that chance.
    Why not both?

Mason covers Bryce while Bryce tries to mentally contact Al. It makes more sense that way, since Bryce will have to concentrate to contact Al and be kinda vulnerable while doing so.

Or Mason, being kinda hotheaded himself (I think), goes in alone gets hurt, and then teams up with Bryce (when he arrives) to reign in Al.

Oh yes, so I was thinking about when Al and Lucifer to toe to toe. Lucifer does something that makes Al WANT to kill him, revealing phase 4 "shit hits the fan" Demon.

Lucifer is force to use a (potentially) lethal nuclear blast (think KameKameHa from DBZ) to knock out Al. This could leave Al in a short coma for a bit, leaving him alone with his Demon to reflect on what went down.

From then on, Al is somewhat scared to go anywhere NEAR phase TWO Demon (what we see in this fight against Alpha)... But I suppose he forces himself to when the group fights an enemy that requires. Demon's sheer strength?
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness November 19th 2013, 10:59 pm

Manny wrote:
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:

Why not both?

Mason covers Bryce while Bryce tries to mentally contact Al. It makes more sense that way, since Bryce will have to concentrate to contact Al and be kinda vulnerable while doing so.

Or Mason, being kinda hotheaded himself (I think), goes in alone gets hurt, and then teams up with Bryce (when he arrives) to reign in Al.

Oh yes, so I was thinking about when Al and Lucifer to toe to toe. Lucifer does something that makes Al WANT to kill him, revealing phase 4 "shit hits the fan" Demon.

Lucifer is force to use a (potentially) lethal nuclear blast (think KameKameHa from DBZ) to knock out Al. This could leave Al in a short coma for a bit, leaving him alone with his Demon to reflect on what went down.

From then on, Al is somewhat scared to go anywhere NEAR phase TWO Demon (what we see in this fight against Alpha)... But I suppose he forces himself to when the group fights an enemy that requires. Demon's sheer strength?
    Sounds good to me mason is hotheaded and thinks he can do almost anything intell he sees he can't and the story I'm keeping will tell why he doesnt like Bryce in his head and keeps to himself
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 20th 2013, 9:09 pm

Bad John wrote:A more confident Al would certainly be interesting to see.
    A more confident Al's attitude would resemble something like the following:

https://youtu.be/OEch0PxtAqA
    https://youtu.be/WM1RChZk1EU

And other similar songs. Focus less on the lyrics, and more on the attitude presented in the songs.

"On to the next one" could be something Al says when casually fighting a bunch of thugs by himself.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 27th 2013, 12:15 am

I just thought of something.

If any of the heroes needed to go undercover, who would they be?

Jordan is out of the question (I think) since people see his face and recognize Beta immediately. I suppose the Rockettes, if they ever needed to go undercover as well, couldn't do this on their own either. I didn't see any masks in the description.

So that leaves Bryce, Voltaire, Sam, and Al being the only ones that could probably go undercover since their faces are covered up pretty well (i.e. masks, helmet, energy cloak).

I dunno about Mason. We haven't seen him wear a mask, so people could easily identify him with the KMC and H.E.R.O. Wearing a mask at this point wouldn't really help since he already made his debut in public (i.e. Alpha fight). Unless we, you know... retcon it. 

ANYWAYS, I reason I brought this up is because... do you think we'll have an undercover scene where our heroes are forced to rely on day to day skills and not their powers?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 27th 2013, 1:41 am

Sylphide could subtly alter her facial features, due to her composition. She could change her bone structure, her eye color, and other things that could make her identifiable as a different person.

That, coupled with her innate ability to melt through cracks (with enough time, she could move through a concrete barricade) make her INCREDIBLE at infiltration. That's how she comes and goes as she pleases in the KMC without having to officially check in.

Jordan has technology that can make him appear "normal," using holographic stuff to mask his prosthetics, but it's still clearly HIM, and he's well known.

Voltaire would likely be the best stealth candidate, as nobody has seen him for years, and he constantly wears a mask. Perhaps the others as well if they were to dye their hair, or subtly change their skin complexion, and Saffore could probably manage some temporary cosmetic changes.

Even still, it's AMAZING what you can do with plain makeup. By changing the highlight and shadow of one's face, you can produce startling results. :PUnless it rains. Then it all gets washed away and the enemy shoots you.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 27th 2013, 2:32 am

Morgan, I think you should look at this... (Start at about a minute, where he begins to go on about names, then skip to about 1:35 ish). I loled a little at his choice of names. Nothing personal in any way, I just found it amusing.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 16th 2014, 6:43 pm

Right, so I was, personally, a HUGE fan of this world we were creating. 

I'm not asking for everyone to pick this back up, but I am asking for permission to do something.

That something is what is known as "world building". Basically you design a universe, and the "lore" that goes in it. Essentially, it's what everyone has to do while/before making a completely original story.

I'd just like to worldbuild in this universe, which would involve things like the map I presented a long time ago and projects such D.E.M.O.N. It really wouldn't affect this story, as new elements could always be added in and old ones edited.

I'm just asking for the green light to go ahead and "world build" in the H&D universe. This is our shared universe, and it really wouldn't feel right constructing it on my own without the blessing of the other creators as well.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 16th 2014, 8:41 pm

Do it up.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 8th 2014, 10:32 pm

What say you guys? While world building, I also thought up some plot points?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 8th 2014, 10:34 pm

Yes! Do it! I said do it!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 10th 2014, 12:37 am

Right, so I think each character should have some sort of "arc". Although, I'm of the opinion that these should happen all within the main story, and not in a sequential order. Some may come to fore for a time, some event happens, then fades away and another character's arc comes to the fore. Just to keep things interesting.

JORDAN
    Alpha is our first real big bad and I have a feeling that a lot of things we will be seeing will involve a lot of the KMC's history with Alpha. So I suppose Jordan and Saffore will be at the helm here, especially since the KMC has brought our heroes together in the first place.

Alpha seems like a jerk, so he could continually make the heroes question whether they are actually ready, or suited, to be heroes. He'd say things similar to what he said to Al during the most recent fight. This would probably have the most impact at the beginning, which is where our heroes are at.

Thoughts John?

ALEJANDRO
    For the Seven Princes of Hell (D.E.M.O.Ns), that's clearly something that Alejandro is more closely related to and will provide lots of internal struggle for the character.

These people are better at controlling their Demons, because they do bad things. Or have they simply given in? Something for Al to ponder, and whether what he has become is simply incompatible with the role of a hero.

The Princes, and other members of project D.E.M.O.N, will provide a lot of external struggle for the whole team as well. When Al finally tells the tale of the D.E.M.O.Ns origins, from his experience, perhaps that could cause the other heroes to seriously question what the UPNE does.

Thoughts?

SAM
    Sam seems to some sort of experimental military background, something between Al and Volatire. While he was a professional soldier, his experimental procedure seems to have inflicted more psychological damage than Voltaire's. I suppose Sam's arc could be coming to terms with what happened, perhaps forgiving himself? I dunno if he has, or would have, any real enemies.

The military wanting him back might be a source of friction between the KMC and the government, but the military seems to have its hands full these days.

Thoughts?

VOLTAIRE
    Not sure what do here. I mean, Voltaire could gain more confidence (like the rest) and perhaps mature? Vale described him as "early on in the cartoon movie Hercules", so I suppose that means there room for Voltaire to grow. 

He could also be similar to Captain America, by trying to adapt to a new age. However, we don't really know what he's been doing while "dead", so he may very well be knowledge about modern technology.

Thoughts Vale?

AL+SAM+VOLTAIRE
    These three have all been used by the UPNE government for military purposes, so perhaps the UPNE government could be their personal villain... in a way.

BRYCE
    He's clearly associated with a number of organizations, of which H.O.P.E and Terra Co spring to mind. H.O.P.E seems like an organization H.E.R.O could get along with, and Terra Co clearly has potential to be another villain. 

Maybe H.E.R.O could ally with H.O.P.E for a time, if only to bring down Terra Co. Interestingly enough, this could put both groups in a temporary alliance with the Seven Princes, as they would vehemently oppose an organization like Terra Co. Maybe throw in Alpha since he has shown to have a distaste for humans using metas as mere weapons and is in an alliance with the Seven Princes. However, his feud with Jordan (whom he truly dislikes) may prevent him from joining.

We could also assume no intervention from the UPNE government, since Terra Co is probably a thorn in the UPNE's side. After all, they'd rather have control/keep watch over the Metas than let Terra Co have that power. 

I suppose the government's reasoning would be: they're a company, they'd turn on this nation for a profit but an army of patriotic Metas would defend the country no matter what.  

Thoughts Morgan?

MASON
    Apart from a troubled childhood, we don't know a whole lot about Mason. Maybe an internal journey for Mason could be him learning to actually trust others?

Thoughts "Hope"/Dragon of Darkness?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 10th 2014, 1:34 am

Manny wrote:Right, so I think each character should have some sort of "arc". Although, I'm of the opinion that these should happen all within the main story, and not in a sequential order. Some may come to fore for a time, some event happens, then fades away and another character's arc comes to the fore. Just to keep things interesting.

BRYCE
    He's clearly associated with a number of organizations, of which H.O.P.E and Terra Co spring to mind. H.O.P.E seems like an organization H.E.R.O could get along with, and Terra Co clearly has potential to be another villain. 

Maybe H.E.R.O could ally with H.O.P.E for a time, if only to bring down Terra Co. Interestingly enough, this could put both groups in a temporary alliance with the Seven Princes, as they would vehemently oppose an organization like Terra Co. Maybe throw in Alpha since he has shown to have a distaste for humans using metas as mere weapons and is in an alliance with the Seven Princes. However, his feud with Jordan (whom he truly dislikes) may prevent him from joining.

We could also assume no intervention from the UPNE government, since Terra Co is probably a thorn in the UPNE's side. After all, they'd rather have control/keep watch over the Metas than let Terra Co have that power. 

I suppose the government's reasoning would be: they're a company, they'd turn on this nation for a profit but an army of patriotic Metas would defend the country no matter what.  

Thoughts Morgan?

This all sounds fine by me. Just one thing about the Government issue that might be confusing you. The UPNE Government is 'technically' involved, just not directly. They formed the 'Agency', a sub-division of Home-Land Security, charged with keeping the Meta populace under wraps, by any means necessary.

If they start to up-rise, or perhaps become too over populated in an area, they are either relocated.... or terminated. As it stands, the Agency isn't big fans of H.O.P.E OR Terra Co. Even if Bryce's mother is headed the Agency division, she views all Meta's as spawn of Satan, and will stop at NOTHING to have them all killed.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 10th 2014, 1:20 pm

Then I suppose the Agency would be another enemy of the Seven Princes as well. I can see those two having an intense hatred of each other.

And the A.N.G.E.L arc, if we ever get to it as a group, could feature the Agency. Or whatever remains of it, since the A.N.G.E.Ls might make the Agency obsolete.

Since A.N.G.E.Ls are basically Meta-Police, who's main task is to hunt down D.E.M.O.Ns but they are called in to deal with other powerful Metas. 

The Agency could view that as betrayal, since the government is basically taking a page out of Terra Co's handbook (using Metas to contain metas).
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2014, 10:12 pm

So I thought of up some plot points. Obviously any plot points that deal with characters is related to Al, since I figured you gentlemen should have a say in what happens to your characters. This isn't definitive, just some notes I had written up.

Near Plot Ideas

• With new found confidence from defeating the Alpha, Al's control over Demon increases exponentially

• This new confidence could show in the “winning streak”, where the members of HERO fend of crimes single handedly

• Al finds his regular family, considers attempting to live a normal life
    • Al splits his time between the KMC and home
    • After beating the first Prince, Al’s confidence could be seen as cocky/arrogant at times
    • At some point, I figure Al should get a girlfriend since being a superhero radiates confidence

• Maybe a mini-subplot covering these events in detail

• Lucifer and company discover Al's identity after some time

• While hanging around his old neighbourhood, on a "day off", Lucifer attacks, in an attempt to gauge just how strong “Satan” (Al’s Demon) is

• Al turns, and realizing his “tame” form is not enough is forced into his more bestial state,
    • Near the end of the fight, Al's mother is hit in the crossfire, seems to be dead (have yet to decide)
    • Even in his bestial state, Al is soundly defeated by Lucifer, and his cloak collapses
    • Al spots his mother, and upon believing her to be dead, goes berserk on Lucifer when he realizes this

• This prompts a transformation far more sinister than "bestial" Demon, a truly “demonic” form.
      • Lucifer is forced to unleash a nuclear attack on Al, or possibly be killed, which puts Al in a coma

• Afterwards, Al is left to think about the events and confront his Demon
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 9th 2014, 2:03 pm

Bad John wrote:Things have been doing alright. I'm totally down to collab about somethin'. Get back into Heroes and Demons. You wanna go next, Manny? You seem to have the plot well in hand.

And as for my thoughts on that, I agree with the first arc being about Alpha's antagonism wearing at the team's egos and alliances. Very Happy
    Yeah I'll go next. I was planning on maybe moving on to the "winning streak", where our heroes go out individually to fight "lesser" meta criminals.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 9th 2014, 5:23 pm

Radical. :D
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 23rd 2014, 8:14 pm

I've decided I like Kong as a character. I don't want anything bad to happen to him... EVER. 

By bad I mean things he unjustly deserves; like going up against Lucifer or something. If he's causing trouble then he needs to be punished, but only in the way a disobedient child is. That is to say, fairly and justly.

Oh and I think he SHOULD ride out on his motorcycle as a pimp. Just because I like him.

Also, I'd like to thank John for posting because it gave me more time to finish my post and while preventing a massive drought of posts.

I dunno if I should post tonight, or tomorrow. Just to space things out.

Anyways, next steps? Should we give Voltaire, Sam, and Mason a chance to shine?

OH and when does our group go public with a name (HERO)? 

AND I've decided that when they become really famous... there's only one song to describe that trend.

THIS ONE.

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 23rd 2014, 9:25 pm

Manny wrote:I've decided I like Kong as a character. I don't want anything bad to happen to him... EVER. 

By bad I mean things he unjustly deserves; like going up against Lucifer or something. If he's causing trouble then he needs to be punished, but only in the way a disobedient child is. That is to say, fairly and justly.

Oh and I think he SHOULD ride out on his motorcycle as a pimp. Just because I like him.

Also, I'd like to thank John for posting because it gave me more time to finish my post and while preventing a massive drought of posts.

I dunno if I should post tonight, or tomorrow. Just to space things out.

Anyways, next steps? Should we give Voltaire, Sam, and Mason a chance to shine?

OH and when does our group go public with a name (HERO)? 

AND I've decided that when they become really famous... there's only one song to describe that trend.

THIS ONE.

That's actually Jordan's attitude towards Kong. The reason he wanted to face Kong alone is because nobody really needs to DEFEAT (much less KILL) the guy. He's just a big dumb goon who occasionally smashes up someone's store for putting onions on his sandwich. Jordan shows up, fights him, and then the company covers the damages Kong causes.

I really like the guy. I'm actually planning to have him pull a Heel-Face turn and become a good(ish) guy. What's manlier than taking on a demon, and facing impossible odds?

All in all, I cannot see a future in which the big galoot dies. He'll do what he was born to do. Get on a big motorcycle, eat a huge cheeseburger, and RIDE OUT LIKE A PIMP.

As for the story, I think the public name HERO would be cool, and they'll be aligned with the Rockettes for both publicity (the Rockettes are famous as hell), and they'll go on a winning streak, cleaning up evil metas and edited humans. :3

As for darker backstories, I donno who we should start with. Maybe Mason? I don't know his backstory at all.

And the song is perfectly fitting for their rise to glory. :D
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 24th 2014, 9:42 pm

Well, I could see Mason and Sam doing something related to natural disasters. Maybe they could team up with Sylphide if it's like a tsunami or something?

Not sure what to do about their backstories. Vincent's sounds pretty similar to Sam's and Al's. All I know about Mason is that he has been hunted down since he was a child.

Kinda like Bryce, except Mason had NOBODY with him.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 26th 2014, 7:30 pm

Oh, while writing Al's scene this song came to mind: https://youtu.be/1lsn2tT5yTc
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 28th 2014, 4:47 pm

Hm... Thinking of the next chapter. A more dangerous villain who's linked to the government in a way. Maybe a defector.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 28th 2014, 6:23 pm

Defector in what way? Like someone legitimately trying to undermine the government or an escaped meta?

Either way, if the government gets involved, I can see Sam and Vince being uneasy around the government. I know Al would be.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 10:07 pm