Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
dragon of darkness
6 posters

The Story of Hope (OOC Thread)

dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

The Story of Hope (OOC Thread)  - Page 6 Empty Re: The Story of Hope (OOC Thread)

Post  dragon of darkness July 16th 2013, 3:22 pm

no hope trust Jackson and thinks of him as a person
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

The Story of Hope (OOC Thread)  - Page 6 Empty Re: The Story of Hope (OOC Thread)

Post  Bad John July 16th 2013, 3:39 pm

Nine offered his two cents as a strategy, but ultimately, Hope gets to decide what happens since it's his story.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 16th 2013, 4:00 pm

i know he accepted the plan by saying how long do we wait
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 16th 2013, 8:15 pm

Alright then. Let's tear the Covies a new one.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 16th 2013, 8:34 pm

I'm ready whenever y'all are.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 17th 2013, 12:39 pm

dragon of darkness wrote:“Well then my team will take orders from Blaine for now and when we get there how are we going in Siegfried” I said following close behind him pulling out my shotgun.

As we got down there I spotted the base it had a wall around it and a few towers to deal with and there was a possible of three buildings Maliha could be in “well there she is from here I can spot the wraith and a few units” I said looking at Siegfried “how do we do this”

I didn't quite understand this post.

When Hope says "there she is I can spot the Wraith" is that supposed to mean she's still tied up?

Because I was under the impression she was inside the base.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 17th 2013, 2:34 pm

I took the post to mean that Maliha is in one of three different towers within a walled base, with guard towers.

Sig and Hope just gotta sneak in and find out which building Maliha is being held in. I imagine she's in some sort of energy cage, like Sarge Johnson in the beginning of Halo 3.

Not to nit-pick, but I really feel like SOMEONE should point this out.

I hope Maliha actually does something of WORTH after being rescued. It seems like all she's done for the entire story is:

1. Be love interest.

2. Cry.

3 Be damsel in distress.

I mean, the covies got the jump on and incapacitated another Spartan just before Maliha's capture, but only Maliha was taken, and she was tied up with rope to boot.

It kinda says negative things about the gender as characters when the main guy wears badass armor, and the girl is in pink and gets kidnapped. She's a SPARTAN.

Lucy's not physically as strong as Nine, but she more than makes up for it with speed, tactical knowledge, professionalism, competitive zeal, and sniping abilities. Spartan Kelly is literally the fastest human being ALIVE. Spartan Naomi punched a brute so hard it severed his spinal column in one hit. And don't get me started on Maura and Linda.

And besides their physical abilities, they're fleshed out personas. They have full personalities, wants, needs, and goals outside of just being some guy's girlfriend.

Women shouldn't exist in a story solely to be love interests or damsels or pretty. Men shouldn't exist in a story just to be distant and mysterious and strong. It makes both men AND women non-characters. Non entities. Objects.

I hope you take this advice to heart. It isn't meant to offend, just to help.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 17th 2013, 6:24 pm

i know what you mean but just wait till the end ok and maliha is in a bulding but hope sees the wraith and gew units around the base
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 21st 2013, 10:37 am

Alright. Sig and Hope are good to move in. The enemy's snipers are down, so their only problem is getting past the enemy, who should be mounting an offensive against Nine and Lucy.

Things'll get dirty, but the Infiltration team should have a fair shot of checking all three buildings and rescuing Maliha.

During my next post, Agent Nine gets BRUTAL in close quarters, and Lucy shows off a few moves of her own. It's time for some of the ol' Ultra Violence. ;D
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 21st 2013, 3:23 pm

im waiting for manny since siegfried the boss and hope has to do what he says
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 21st 2013, 3:27 pm

Good job setting the scene and deciding on what the base looked like, by the way. Otherwise, my post would have been flying blind.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 21st 2013, 5:46 pm

thats the first thing that i though off
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 22nd 2013, 3:11 pm

Sorry for the hold up. I made Hope do some minor things, hope you don't mind.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 22nd 2013, 7:15 pm

its ok
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness November 14th 2013, 11:24 pm

I know every one is busy with their own thing but a
    Few more posts and this is done
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 15th 2013, 12:03 am

When it comes to collabs, I try and make time. This is no exception.

Only a few more posts though? I was expecting it to be longer. Then again, it might be for the best so that it doesn't just die off uncompleted.

I'll pick up the ball again MUCH later today (it's like midnight here).
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 15th 2013, 12:52 am

Manny wrote:When it comes to collabs, I try and make time. This is no exception.

Only a few more posts though? I was expecting it to be longer. Then again, it might be for the best so that it doesn't just die off uncompleted.

I'll pick up the ball again MUCH later today (it's like midnight here).
    Sadly, it would appear that I have completely dropped this idea. It's like Blaine fell completely off the face of the planet this takes place on. Manuel or John, feel free to use Blaine in whatever manner you like *so long as it suits his character, obviously, to finish this.*. I would add this stuff in myself, but I've become so lost that I couldn't attempt to keep up no matter how hard I tried.

That, or perhaps have him return to the Aura/Infinity, important Admiral things or something. Again, sorry guys :/ .
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 27th 2013, 12:20 am

"They will glass this base like they did with one of the rebles because they were getting to powerful," I said, Pulling Siegfried back before a wraiths shot landed infront of him "it's lose her or lose every Spartan and elite here"

I looked up seeing Blaine fly over but as soon as he was out of the way I seen it, the cruiser was slowly moving into position over the base, it was a disappointing sight.

"Siegfried, we are leaving now, I yelled, over the equipment building blowing up  "I'm thinking what would be best so I'd rather have at least one loss than ten losses"
    Erm, why would they glass their own base?

OH, and what happened to Jackson?! He was supposed to come with Hope and Siegfried, but we kinda forgot about him... lol.

Not sure what to do here. Let's put our heads together and think on this, k?

Two heads are better than one Smile
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness November 27th 2013, 10:59 am

Jackson stayed with cammy Leo mike and think about it getting rid of ten spartains plus they were about to leave the planet anyway
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 27th 2013, 2:25 pm

Killing your own men to eliminate highly trained soilders is not the greatest strategy. You lose a ton of resources (i.e. Manpower, Vehicles, weapons, etc) to take out ten dudes. I dunno about that.

As seen by Reach, the Covenant didn't immediately glass the area where Noble Six was. They sent in a BUNCH of Elites. If it only takes about 20 or so Elites to kill a Spartan, then that's about 200 Elites for ten.

Compare that to everything they'll lose at the base. UNLESS, the enemy pulls back "mysteriously", and THEN glass the base. Their plan could be to force the Spartans into a building, send wave after wave of grunts to keep them busy while the rest retreat, and then glass it.

At the very least, their important men are out. The Covenant may treat Grunts as cannon fodder but that's not the case with other species.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness November 27th 2013, 6:08 pm

Well still there might be a chance they do it or don't would you take that chance and Blaine could eleminate the enemy inside and get hope and Siegfried while nine and the girl draws the wraiths fire for a short while and they could retreat after that and then get off the planet
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 30th 2013, 1:05 am

Shad0wChas3r
    Manny wrote:"The girl isn't where we thought she would be. There's two more buildings to check," Siegfried replied, gunning down an Elite as he pooped over his cover.
    Orly? That's a bit overkill if you ask me xD !

Oh it's been edited, okay then Smile. Sorry, it was just funny when I read it the first time.
    dragon of darkness
    "They will glass this base like they did with one of the rebles because they were getting to powerful first they surround us then bombard us then just send grunts as they power up before glassing the base," I said, Pulling Siegfried back before a wraiths shot landed infront of him "it's lose her or lose every Spartan and elite here" 

I looked up seeing Blaine fly over but as soon as he was out of the way I seen it, the cruiser was slowly moving into position over the base, it was a disappointing sight. 

"Siegfried, we are leaving now, I yelled, over the equipment building blowing up  "I'm thinking what would be best so I'd rather have at least one loss than ten losses"

We entered the next building. It was completely empty. No equipment, resources, or vehicles. It was just walls and a roof. 

"If we get out of this I'm joining the legion" I said nervously 
    Shad0wChas3r
    Totally and completely OOC right now, but I'm curious in asking this. Why is it every time I come onto the Database, it keeps saying that Hope has been updating this thread, but when I check back, nothing has changed?

It's not necessarily a bad thing, other than the fact it's making me feel like freaking Bill Murray in 'Groundhog Day'. If you haven't seen that movie yet, do yourself a favor and slap yourself across the face and watch that damn movie! Razz

I feel it could be one of two things;

A) Hope is deleting his post and reposting it in order to bump the thread's attention and get people to post more rapidly, or;

B) Hope is deleting his post and reposting it in order for him to potentially retcon/edit some of the things said in the post. Which wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but we DO have an edit button for a reason xD .

Whatever the reason may be, please see to it that this is changed. I don't want to sound like a jerk, hardass, or what have you. I'm just going insane looking at the latest topic's feed and seeing that it's been updated every day without fail, and nothing has changed about the post.

Blaine flies overhead, Hope tells Siegfried that they are abandoning the love of his life, all because a Super-carrier *that Infinity could make it's bitch, mind you Razz* is listing slowly towards the base.

Again, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I just like to see where the stories are going whenever I see a fresh new update has been posted, and I only see the same dang post, over and over. Not a bad thing, just a little damaging to my sanity is all.

Also, Hope likes Jackson, and having him on his team, but wants to join up with the Legion after all this is over? Lolwut?

Hope, the Legion is ANTI-ALIEN. If you want Jackson to be a prominent character in your stories, he's either going to have to go... or die.

War *Leader of the Legion* from what I've gathered, has zero tolerance with Covenant forces, allied with the Humans or not. On the flip side, I'm not going to be a boy-scout and tell you to join the UNSC. Just keep in mind that if you join up with the Legion, Jackson will have to go.
    dragon of darkness
    I seen the movie and hope isn't going to join the legion it's one of those things like "if we get out of this I'm going to eat my jym socks" kind if thing and after you get this can you please take off the comments and ether put it in the comment thread or don't but thank you anyways
    Copied and pasted from "The Story of Hope", and soon to be deleted from there, as requested.

Sorry for the weird posting, but the quote buttons are all weird again.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 30th 2013, 1:08 am

You misread everything I asked Hope. The Legion thing is not important to me at all, I just wanted you to know what that entailed.

I was, however, curious as to why I signed in a couple days ago to see this thread updated with a new post, only to find it was the same exact one with a little more meat on it's bone.

It's not a bad thing, and I'm certainly not mad or anything. Just curious what's up, or if the edit button isn't working. I know quote boxes aren't all that well, so that could be true for edits too.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness November 30th 2013, 1:35 am

Sorry but like I said in masons tragic past I'm using an iPod so somethings differ sorry though
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 30th 2013, 2:10 am

No need to be sorry, t'was just curious what was going on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 6:07 am