Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Manny September 24th 2013, 11:36 pm

I'm wrapping up the scene we had going (wasn't done), and maybe try to construct something coherent about Al from the dissected parts of my previous post.

I don't want to strain Bryce too much... But I think when the time comes to tame the Demon he could be of great aid there.

Since he's a telepath, he could form a "life line" for Al to cling onto while transforming. In this way, Al has a fighting chance since he's not being totally suppressed by the Demon.

Thoughts?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 24th 2013, 11:38 pm

That's good. I like it. :)
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r September 25th 2013, 12:44 am

Absolutely, I'm on board. Besides, Bryce gets better at infiltrating people's mental barriers, the harder the mental blockages he overcomes. So yeah, after enough time with Al, he could potentially enter Al's mind and be a link.

Great idea Manuel!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 25th 2013, 11:23 pm

So I posted.

Not sure what to do. I mean theoretically we could time skip, unless you guys want to have some sort of training scene.

Which is what I kinda left it open to with Lucifer's last comment. Gangsters are nothing compared to what the team faced in the last two days.

So, they could be a trail run where the Heroes test out their powers after proper training. If you wanted to get into detail about the training, they could be flashbacks or something.

Just an idea. Not sure how you guys want to go about training.

Oh yeah, one other big thing... the Universe. I somewhat discussed it but no one gave an official opinion or anything. This is our shared Earth, so we should all get a say.

Imma just copy and paste this from the Discuss anything thread.
    Manny wrote:Look what I found while going through my computer... Apparently I made a world map for Heroes and Demons.

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 14 Earth_10

Giving it a good look, I think I can deduce why I did what I did.

DEMONs seem awfully powerful, maybe a little too much. In today's world, such a soldier isn't needed because there isn't any real reason to have such things. The US can just drone strike the shit outta terrorists... who probably aren't AS difficult an enemy as Nazi Germany was.

Going back to Earth Delta... looking at this map, there's a real threat to the UPNE. A threat they feel is large enough to warrant the creation of such beings.

In bright red we see what I dubbed "Fascist Germany". Obviously I didn't go with Nazi Germany because then everyone would just team up against them and I think I didn't want Heroes and Demons to be "WWII with superpowers". As you can tell, WWII didn't go THAT well for the Allies.

In "normal" red we see, what you should be able to guess by the size, the USSR in (almost) all it's glory. Russians are badass, and they were super badass when they were Commies so I figured why not bring it back. However they do play a huge role in this world. Since the Cold War was such a huge part in the stockpiling of nukes, I figured that if it continued it would have evolved into the acquisition of other things.

Think about it. With nukes, NOBODY wins and almost everybody DIES. Not much fun. However, with an army of DEMONs you could probably rolfstomp your enemies and not risk any radiation. I think that the creation of DEMONs in this type of competitive environment makes sense.

Then there's the yellow parts of Europe. They are basically the European Union, under a different name. They are a Confederacy, ruled by a very loose central government. "States" such as France can have very different laws than England. The main reason they are together is because Fascist Germany and the USSR are basically right next door.

In green we see Gran Colombia, which is basically just an older and larger version of Colombia. I brought it back because a lot of northern Latin American countries are really small by themselves.

The grey, brown, orange, and purple are just regular alliances. White signifies countries that are just doing their own thing (the whole world isn't out for blood Razz)

I have no files on any back story to these nations, so I'll make it up for fun now.

Fascist Germany:

The successor state to Nazi Germany, the German people eventually overthrew Hitler because while he expanded Germany he was dividing the people within. In Earth Delta's history, German civilians stumbled across the camps where Jews were being held and rebelled. The civil war was short lived as Hitler lost a large majority of his supporters, even within the military. The might of the Wehrmacht and the German militias were more than a match for the SS, which had become Hitler's personal army.

A form of limited democracy was reintroduced, but the state remained predominately Fascist since all left wing political parties were banned (due to a phobia of the USSR and Communism). The German people LIKED what Hitler had done for the nation, but not for the people. So, they continue to support fascist ideas, minus the racism.

Hitler's downfall played a large role in preserving Germany's expanded state, the allied nations seeing the civil war as an act of redemption.

The USSR

The USSR in this reality did NOT collapse and has in fact survived into the modern day. Despite believing in Communism they have been forced to trade with nations and conduct business on an international level.

Stalin himself was overthrown when the Soviet people saw how the German people had overthrown Hitler. If the Fascists could do it, how could the Communists NOT? Eventually they overthrew their authoritarian leader, installing a council composed of representatives of the various areas of the USSR and a "benevolent dictator" with reduced powers.

However, the Soviets are just as patriotic as the Germans and both are quite avid supporters of their military, which obviously has put the UPNE at unease.

Oddly enough, at the end of WWII the two "agreed to disagree", each population having a certain level of respect for each other but had conflicting ideals.

Free European Confederacy:

The Free European Confederacy was formed from the surviving and liberated countries of Europe who joined together to pool their resources for rebuilding efforts.

After some time, they found this to be a mutually agreeable arrangement for many things. National defence being perhaps number one. By being a sole country, it would be easier to command one large army rather than multiple armies with multiple leaders. Needless to say, having Fascist Germany and the USSR nearby was also a motivator to join together.

Somewhat regretful of not having finished off Fascist Germany at the end of WWII, the Allied forces felt that the Germans would fully return to Democracy. The European Allied nations were also exhausted and were not sure if they could maintain the war effort for much longer.

Now the Confederacy is actively looking for ways to one up Fascist Germany.

The UPNE
    The UPNE is perhaps THE largest country in the world, rivalled only by the USSR.

It's roots lie much farther back than the previous three countries, all the way back to the colonial era. When the Thirteen colonies began the Revolution, the momentum carried through into the colonies North of New England, known as British North America.

The Quebecers were quick to join, and the rest of the British colonists were soon to follow. However, they revolted as more of a "preemptive strike". They had heard stories of what the British were doing in New England, and they were not going to wait to be next.

With the northern colonies at their aid, the colonists were soon able to rid the continent of British rule. Together they established a new country with new ideals.

For starters, the Northern colonies insisted on the abolition of slavery. The Quebecers insisted on fairer treatment of the Native population. Things such as these were taken into consideration, creating a truly multi-ethnic state and a "land of the free".

Things were looking well for the UPNE , until WWII struck. The nation was divided into helping the European nations or not. They delayed for a few months, but eventually joined with the forward thinking that someone like Hitler was not going to stop at Europe.

The UPNE played a very large role in Africa, the Pacific, and obviously Europe. However the V2 rockets the Germans had designed proved devastating, despite the sheer manpower the Allies had (the majority coming from the UPNE and the USSR).

Indeed, the German Civil War may have saved not only the German people from Hitler but the Allies from Hitler. Following WWII, the UNPE went from "emerging world power" to "superpower".
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 25th 2013, 11:40 pm

We could timeskip to a few weeks later, after their training is complete, and have individual chapters dedicated to said training.

I like the idea of a continued Cold War, and a divided, mildly unstable world. It'd give the government incentive to want to control Meta-Humans, and a good reason for Meta-Humans to exist.

None of our characters seem to have been born with their powers. Most were detained and tormented until their powers were scientifically manifested (Beta being an exception, due to his million-dollar man status).

I'm interested in a fight where all the characters showcase their true power, but in some ways have friction in terms of teamwork. Something where they win against their enemy decisively, but begin to question themselves, and their enemy's motives.

Unless we're waiting until later to feature this, we could show off some of the Lesser Demons that Lucifer has created. Or have a squad of Edited Metas attack.

I just know I wanna feature the Rockettes soon. With the exception of Marie and Saff, this story is a bit of a sausage fest. xD
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 26th 2013, 9:40 pm

The Avengers only had Black Widow. The Justice League only has Wonder Women. I don't see anyone complaining.

Then again... Black Widow and Wonder Women are FINE!

Anyways, have we decided? I'm in favour of a time skip to where either gangsters or edited humans appear. Maybe a combination of both, to show that Alpha is slowly but surely increasing the number of edited humans at his side?

I think the "Imps" (People forcibly infused with energy by Lucifer) should show up later, maybe as part of a major offence against another criminal orgainization, a military base where demons are created, or perhaps even a Terra Co facility to liberate the metas there?

From another viewpoint, I think the Imps are a good choice to shake up the team when they feel comfortable as a team. It'd also be like training wheels for the next encounter against a full fledged Demon (Behemoth perhaps)?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r September 26th 2013, 9:53 pm

Just a reminder, Terra Co. could give two shits about Meta-humans, other than the fact they want to use them to their advantage. To Olympus, they could all die a slot and painful death, he just wants his bidding done.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 26th 2013, 9:56 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:Just a reminder, Terra Co. could give two shits about Meta-humans, other than the fact they want to use them to their advantage. To Olympus, they could all die a slot and painful death, he just wants his bidding done.
    Which would be why Lucifer wants to liberate the metas being held there.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 26th 2013, 9:59 pm

My favorite Justice League had Wonder Woman AND Hawk Girl. Razz

Gotta love a fiery Latino woman with a magic mace.

Anyway, I agree we should use a time skip. Maybe we could feature Terra Co. in some way. That'd be a nice tie in to Frigid Beginnings, and give Bryce something to worry about.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r September 26th 2013, 10:14 pm

I'd like that, thank you Smile
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 26th 2013, 10:19 pm

I want to bring him a bit more to the foreground. :)

Speaking of which, should the team have, like...matching costumes at some point?

Not like power rangers. Something practical, comfortable, and each one special in its own way. Bryce's ice blue, Mason's possessing some sorta scarf, etc?

I'm giving Jo Jo a wardrobe change to make him seem more super-heroish.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r September 26th 2013, 11:28 pm

Means more than you know Very Happy .

Still considering what Bryce's costume is, but yeah, I do think the team should have some costumes.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 27th 2013, 9:45 am

...How do you go about puttng a costume on Demon?

Anyways, the most successful super hero teams (Justice League and the Avengers) had no uniforms...
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r September 27th 2013, 1:25 pm

No, they had their own individualized suits. Green lantern had that cool green suit that formed to his body when he put on the ring. Superman had his Kryptonic costume on all the time underneath his normal clothes, Green Arrow, the Flash's abilities CAME from his suit, etc.

There were some Justice League members that didn't have costumes at all. Can't think of any off the top of my head, but I definitely recall there being some.

Point I'm trying to get across is that the Demon doesn't need a uniform if you don't want him too, as his identity is well hidden. For the rest of us that aren't covered by a giant, dog-like form of energy, we need coverage from the general mass. Otherwise people like Olympus, the Agency, the group of Metas I've introduced in Frigid Beginnings, or even the new villains in this collab would recognize Bryce or your guys' characters easily and would attack the people they care about, if they haven't already.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 27th 2013, 1:52 pm

I suppose you're right.

Jordan's identity is safe because nobody has any idea who he is. He's a random unknown cripple. For all intents and purposes, Jordan's alter ego is just him.

Voltaire wears a bulletproof mask, and Sam has a pretty cool armored suit of his own.

Anyone Jordan cares about is either mostly secure at the KMC. He's...

Eh...

Friends with the Rockettes, but they're super-powered, and they all have secret identities.

Will the team have a name? That'd help with publicity. The Justice League is fairly public, and that's what people call them.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r September 27th 2013, 2:27 pm

I definitely agree that we at least need a name. I'll start thinking of something, definitely not an acronym or anything.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 27th 2013, 2:28 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:No, they had their own individualized suits. Green lantern had that cool green suit that formed to his body when he put on the ring. Superman had his Kryptonic costume on all the time underneath his normal clothes, Green Arrow, the Flash's abilities CAME from his suit, etc.

There were some Justice League members that didn't have costumes at all. Can't think of any off the top of my head, but I definitely recall there being some.
    When I said they had to uniforms, I never said they had no costumes.

Costume =/= Uniform
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    Point I'm trying to get across is that the Demon doesn't need a uniform if you don't want him too, as his identity is well hidden. For the rest of us that aren't covered by a giant, dog-like form of energy, we need coverage from the general mass. Otherwise people like Olympus, the Agency, the group of Metas I've introduced in Frigid Beginnings, or even the new villains in this collab would recognize Bryce or your guys' characters easily and would attack the people they care about, if they haven't already.
    But don't you have costumes to cover that up?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 27th 2013, 8:47 pm

Realistically, ignorance of a person's identity is just as employable as a mask.

If Alpha whacked Voltaire in the back of the head and unmasked him, he'd just see some black guy he didn't know.

Even if he took a picture of Voltaire's face and searched the internet, it would be a crap shoot whether or not Alpha would discover his identity.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 28th 2013, 2:39 pm

Morgan you're probably going to hate this post about team names...

John suggested S.T.A.R once. I think it was:
    Super powered
    Tactical
    Assault
    Response team

(Could also be START if Team was it's own letter)

I got one. How about A.R.T?

Assault
    Response
    Team

Or

Unconventional
    Law
    Enforcement

Squad/Team/Unit (take your pick depending on which acronym floats your boat.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r September 28th 2013, 3:15 pm

Manny wrote:Morgan you're probably going to hate this post about team names...

John suggested S.T.A.R once. I think it was:
    Super powered
    Tactical
    Assault
    Response team

(Could also be START if Team was it's own letter)

I got one. How about A.R.T?

Assault
    Response
    Team

Or

Unconventional
    Law
    Enforcement

Squad/Team/Unit (take your pick depending on which acronym floats your boat.
    S.T.A.R is kinda taken. In DC comics, S.T.A.R is the equivalent of S.H.I.E.L.D in Marvel Comics.

However, S.T.A.R.T sounds really good. The only reason I said no Acronyms is because I tend to suck at Acronyms.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 28th 2013, 10:48 pm

Here are some more...

-------------
    SMART

Superpowered/Superior
    Meta-human
    Assault/Aggression
    Response
    Team
    ---------------
    UMART

Unconventional
    Meta-human
    Assault/Aggression
    Response
    Team
    ---------------
    HERO

High Speed (as in the first ones to appear)
    Emergency
    Response
    Operators
    --------------
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 28th 2013, 10:50 pm

I DO like Hero.

The reason I liked S.T.A.R. is because of the Rockettes. If the two teams joined forces, they'd be RockSTAR. Razz

Who's ready to make the first post of the new season and keep the ball rolling?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 28th 2013, 11:20 pm

How long do you want it?

I'd be willing to at least do a decent chunk and pass it on to be finished by someone else if it's a long one.

Anyways, are we going with Hispanic edited metas commanding Cartel members?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 28th 2013, 11:47 pm

Long as you want, I'll follow up, and yes, hispanic edited meta humans commanding cartel members.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 29th 2013, 5:50 pm

I've done a real rough outline right now, and I'll try and fill in the juicy bits on the way back to Toronto.

If there's anything you want added in, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 12:10 pm