Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

5 posters

Group Simulation: A Strange Planet (OOC Thread)

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Group Simulation: A Strange Planet (OOC Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Group Simulation: A Strange Planet (OOC Thread)

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 24th 2013, 12:54 pm

Manny wrote:
    The angel of hope wrote:"welcome spartan H96 to the simulations room" O said with what hope think was annoyance

hope said nothing as he stared at the camera and waved his hand as if to say "what ever"

"you are in a covenant base as a prisoner and the 3 spartans are in vehicles" O said waiting for an answer as hope walked in the room

hope typed in his tacpad "I couldn't talk since I was a kid O"

"why is that sir" O replied

"why don't you know what happened to me when i was a kid O"

"they don't tell me anything about the spartans" O replied as if it was wondering

"I'll tell you later so I'm a prisoner"

"yes" O said as if it said it before

"so why am I a prisoner O"

"you where scouting a base and got knocked out by a brute who nine killed"

"who is nine I never heard of him. wait I'll find out on my own who these people are" hope typed fast as a snake can strike

"OK sir ready to join" O said in anticipation to see hopes style

"yes and don't tell the others that I'm joining and stop calling me sir" hope said as the sim started

as the simulation started he sees the sky and seen a cove phantom dropping supply's down and when he looked down he can see that 3 brutes are guarding him one is a chief and his weapon is a gravity hammer the other 2 are the basic loadout his feet are not chained witch is a big mistake for the brutes hope kicked the chief in the spine and he heard a crack and the chief fell to the floor as the gravity hammer hit the floor and sent one flying in to a group of grunts and sent the other in to a ghost that was driving bye and he got hit in the gut and fell to the ground as the chains broke

"This is Blaine. Hi-jacked a Wraith, going to take out important Storm supply depot. Will reserve a single Phantom and make my way to you."

hope was thinking what the hell is this guy doing if hope was right about witch one hes going to there wont be anything left in a 3 mile radius but he needs to get out of here as the brute that was launched in to the grunts started to get back up and hope got the gravity hammer and red plasma rifle haven't seen one of these since the ark

"hello Blaine don't go there if you blow up the supply depot you level a 3 mile radius" hope typed as he was running down the street in plane sight

as hope was running he saw a communications jammer as said to him self "son of a bitch"
    and he kept running to the supply depot and hope he was going to beat Blaine there

when hope made it out he tried again to get the message out nothing then he realized that the blast from the hammer messed up his coms he had to stop Blaine be for he gets in a big pile of shit

"hope come in hope" Manuel said in concern

damn it O i told you don't tell anyone he said to him self but Manuel is closer to him so lets see if i can get a message to him

"Manuel we got to stop Blaine" hope typed as fast as he can

"why do you want to stop him hope" Manuel said as he was ready to say I'm an enemy

"if he blows up that depot its going to take out every thing in 3 miles" hope typed back

"oh shit we do have to stop him and why are you typing only" Manuel said in a scared manner

"ask O it will tell you and I don't refer AI's as people" hope typed

as he kept running he heard a warthog and spotted 2 ally waypoints must be Manuel and nine
    and they stopped in front of a cliff and hope heard nine say "why the fuck are we stop...
    oh an ally who"

"he is called hope you need to reed his file" Manuel replied

hope jumped right in to the passengers seat and almost flipped the warthog and hope thought Manuel said "show of" hope didn't mine that he said that he is always disliked but hope swears he seen nine smile threw his mask

"so we have to stop Blaine before he gets there" Manuel said as he went 0 to 60

"I don't know we have to tell him in person our coms are jammed for 40 miles" hope typed in frustration

"Ok but how are we going to do that when we are 5 mi.." as nine got interrupted by a phantom shooting at the and he returned fire

"i just hope we get there in time" hope typed as he checked the warthog for any UNSC weapons and found one sniper jack, pot and aimed at the gunners on the side of phantom and got head shots on both and shot the big gun off and somehow shot the pilot and the phantom crashed in to the cliff right be side them sending chunks of rock on to the warthog and made them crash in to the canyon next to them and hope was ejected in to a tree and every thing went black
    I appericiate your interest in the thread. I really do.

For future reference, it would be nice if you didn't play the role of other's people's characters.

You did a fairly decent job at portraying them though, I'll give you that. Except Manuel would be more annoyed than scared of Blaine trying to blow up a Storm base. He's a dark character like Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, or Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader from Star Wars. Regardless, just avoid taking control of other people's characters in the future. This is a collabrative story and there's no rush to finish it.

Anyways, Manuel's plan is to get John/Nine to the Innie base, take it over, get him some medical aid, and establish a place for the UNSC to land.

Think of it like Halo Wars, except it's a wierd game type where to are given a limited number of troops and you have to take over one base.

In the interest of keeping the story thread running smoothly, I'll acknowledge the first part where Manuel and Hope are talking. However the change of plan will not happen.

If look back, I've posted a map. The Storm base and Innie base are on opposite sides of the desert. The Warthog wouldn't have shown up that fast.

If you're stuck on what to do instead of the Warthog scene, you could have Hope meet up with Blaine. Blaine's been kinda lonely...

Sorry Manuel, I had figured I should at least have told him what was wrong with his post. I've gone in and edited some of the grammar mistakes that I saw, and I've also modified some of it to make a little more sense.

It was a great post though, don't get me wrong. I was just confused why the Brute Nine had killed was still alive, long after it was supposedly killed. So instead, I kind of left the two Brutes that were at his side to be the captors.

Like I had said in my post on the story thread itself, the Outpost Blaine is going to blow to hell might cause an explosion, but it won't clear a three mile radius.

And since when did Manuel have feelings of annoyance for Storm dying? I figured he'd like that Razz .

Note: I've edited your post Hope. I hope I didn't discourage you from participating. You did a fine job.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Group Simulation: A Strange Planet (OOC Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Group Simulation: A Strange Planet (OOC Thread)

Post  dragon of darkness February 24th 2013, 12:59 pm

ok i can do that i don't mine so i can join
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 24th 2013, 1:05 pm

Of course you can join Very Happy ! We never said you couldn't Cool !

We just ask that you stay to your character only, and try not to change the story too drastically. Other than that, have at it!
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 24th 2013, 1:06 pm

ok thank you and my guy is the strong silent type oh an I'll send what i type to one of you guys
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 24th 2013, 2:38 pm

The angel of hope wrote:"Welcome Spartan H-96 to the simulation's room." O said with what Hope thought was annoyance. "I am Odessa or O for short, and I am your personal guide during this simulation."

Hope said nothing, as he waved his hand as if to say "What Ever"

"You are in a Storm base as a prisoner. The three other Spartans in this simulation are currently in vehicles, and I cannot track their exact locations." O said waiting for an answer as Hope walked in the room.

Hope shook his head and typed in his tac-pad "I couldn't talk since I was a kid, O."

"Why is that?" O asked, curious

"Why don't you know what happened to me when I was a kid, O?"

"You've answered my question with a question, Spartan H-96. But you should know the files of these particular Operatives are highly classified." O replied.

"I'll tell you later." Hope paused. "So I'm a prisoner?"

"Yes." O replied bluntly.

"Why am I a prisoner O?"

"Your simulated capture might act as a secondary objective for the other Operatives currently in the simulation. Agent Nine has killed your captor, and is currently en route to the Base where you will be held captive."

"Who is Nine? I never heard of him." Hope wondered.

"Much of his file is strictly classifed. My basic knowledge on Freelancer Agent Nine is that he is known around the UNSC space as the 'Hero of Ganymede.' He's quite the Operative."

"I want access to his file." Hope typed the phrase bluntly. "I like to know who I'm working with."

Attempting to hack into the UNSC servers, Hope's attempt was unsuccessful, as the hologram of O appeared before him, flashing red.

"Access denied. You do not have proper clearance." O said harshly, turning back to a mellow Green color. "Are you ready to join the simulation now?"

"Yes" hope said, as his likeness was copied for the simulated world.

The simulation started, Hope looked up to the sky and saw a Storm Phantom dropping supply's down. Looking down he saw that two Elites were guarding him. The two were Minors, clearly inexperienced in handling a Spartan before. Oblivious to the Spartan's skill, the Elites had neglected to chain his feet, which was a big mistake.

Hope kicked one of the Minors in the back, it's Concussion Rifle hit the floor, the shock wave from it's round sent the other one flying in to a Ghost that was driving by. Hope ripped his arms in separate directions, the primitive restraints were no match for his Spartan strength, and shattered easily.

This is Blaine. Hi-jacked a Wraith, going to take out important Storm supply depot. Will reserve a single Phantom and make my way to you.

"Better get moving, I'll need that ride." Hope muttered to himself, sprinting in the direction of Blaine's transmission.

Just wanted to this...this is golden. It's perfect. Keep it up Hope!
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 24th 2013, 2:57 pm

Manny wrote:
    The angel of hope wrote:"Welcome Spartan H-96 to the simulation's room." O said with what Hope thought was annoyance. "I am Odessa or O for short, and I am your personal guide during this simulation."

Hope said nothing, as he waved his hand as if to say "What Ever"

"You are in a Storm base as a prisoner. The three other Spartans in this simulation are currently in vehicles, and I cannot track their exact locations." O said waiting for an answer as Hope walked in the room.

Hope shook his head and typed in his tac-pad "I couldn't talk since I was a kid, O."

"Why is that?" O asked, curious

"Why don't you know what happened to me when I was a kid, O?"

"You've answered my question with a question, Spartan H-96. But you should know the files of these particular Operatives are highly classified." O replied.

"I'll tell you later." Hope paused. "So I'm a prisoner?"

"Yes." O replied bluntly.

"Why am I a prisoner O?"

"Your simulated capture might act as a secondary objective for the other Operatives currently in the simulation. Agent Nine has killed your captor, and is currently en route to the Base where you will be held captive."

"Who is Nine? I never heard of him." Hope wondered.

"Much of his file is strictly classifed. My basic knowledge on Freelancer Agent Nine is that he is known around the UNSC space as the 'Hero of Ganymede.' He's quite the Operative."

"I want access to his file." Hope typed the phrase bluntly. "I like to know who I'm working with."

Attempting to hack into the UNSC servers, Hope's attempt was unsuccessful, as the hologram of O appeared before him, flashing red.

"Access denied. You do not have proper clearance." O said harshly, turning back to a mellow Green color. "Are you ready to join the simulation now?"

"Yes" hope said, as his likeness was copied for the simulated world.

The simulation started, Hope looked up to the sky and saw a Storm Phantom dropping supply's down. Looking down he saw that two Elites were guarding him. The two were Minors, clearly inexperienced in handling a Spartan before. Oblivious to the Spartan's skill, the Elites had neglected to chain his feet, which was a big mistake.

Hope kicked one of the Minors in the back, it's Concussion Rifle hit the floor, the shock wave from it's round sent the other one flying in to a Ghost that was driving by. Hope ripped his arms in separate directions, the primitive restraints were no match for his Spartan strength, and shattered easily.

This is Blaine. Hi-jacked a Wraith, going to take out important Storm supply depot. Will reserve a single Phantom and make my way to you.

"Better get moving, I'll need that ride." Hope muttered to himself, sprinting in the direction of Blaine's transmission.

Just wanted to this...this is golden. It's perfect. Keep it up Hope!

It was a good post indeed. But I should let you know that I edited it to be like that.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 25th 2013, 9:37 pm

manny remember that hope what age again well any way he ran away from the camp like he always dose and joins a sim so hes young and hacked the sim so it will allow him to join he is not allowed mainly
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 25th 2013, 9:43 pm

Shit... It totally slipped my mind.

Hope is like 6. 6 year olds don't know how to hack shit. Dr. Halsey couldn't hack stuff when she was 6!

Anyways... This is a tough one to figure out. In the first post of the OOC I laid out some ground rules. One was no "future", relative to the year 2557, characters allowed.

It creates confusion, like we have now. So adult Hope is a no go.

So yeah, I don't know what to do with Hope. 6 year olds aren't fielded into battle... And hacking makes the sim seem like a joke in terms of security.

We're trying to make it seem like a reasonable military excerise.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 25th 2013, 9:51 pm

ok what if they didn't know how old he was oh and was it heads to win or tails for and ordnance drop
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 25th 2013, 9:52 pm

The angel of hope wrote:ok what if they didn't know how old he was
    How would they not know? The simulation literally thrusts the participant into a virtual world as they are.

Hope would show up as he is. A six year old.

This is my fault though for not linking the two threads together.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 25th 2013, 9:54 pm

The angel of hope wrote:ok what if they didn't know how old he was oh and was it heads to win or tails for and ordnance drop
    You only do if the coin flip if you're calling in an ordainance drop in an unsafe area. Like the middle of a firefight with Storm forces.

Heads you get it. Tails it gets destroyed by something.

Last edited by Manny on February 25th 2013, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 25th 2013, 9:54 pm

at this age he is 5'10" what if they guy was annoyed so much he just let me past

and i am there is like a whole bunch of guys shooting at me
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 25th 2013, 9:55 pm

The angel of hope wrote:at this age he is 5'10" what if they guy was annoyed so much he just let me past
    A 5'10 six year old? Lots of health problems there... But I'll let it slide.

Oh and...What guy?
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 25th 2013, 9:57 pm

the storm guys they got me pinned behind a gun case and i got heads
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 25th 2013, 10:00 pm

like i was running to get to Blaine and the storm are shooting at me and there sniper gets and sends me face first in to a gun case and i get pinned there
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 25th 2013, 10:05 pm

The angel of hope wrote:the storm guys they got me pinned behind a gun case and i got heads

Well in keeping this as accurate to games as possible... A Storm soldier sees you they usually go apeshit. They HATE humans. They don't just get annoyed and let you by.

A 5'10 six year old Hope? Who was trained illegally... Not sure HOW he got into the UNSC base that houses the simulation but whatever.

The story takes place inside the sim. If readers want a reason for this massive oversight this is my reason: Hope was a simulation.

Assuming someone is bothered enough to care so much about it. He'd be a pretty tiny Spartan though.

If anyone else has any ideas on how to make the Hope thing work that's be fine.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 25th 2013, 10:08 pm

well he has been sneaking out of the training facility for a long time now so he is use to this sort of stuff so he decides to test his skilled in the sim and he types so they won't know hes 6 years old so he shows a fake i.d. and walks right bye or something like that how about this and still did i get the drop
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 25th 2013, 10:14 pm

The angel of hope wrote:well he has been sneaking out of the training facility for a long time now so he is use to this sort of stuff so he decides to test his skilled in the sim and he types so they won't know hes 6 years old so he shows a fake i.d. and walks right bye or something like that how about this and still did i get the drop

Fake I.D? By the year 2557 they'd probably have facial scans, DNA tests, blood tests, etc.

Some random wouldn't be able to waltz into a high tech training facility like he would into a bar.

We're just going to ignore this plot hole... And yeah you got the drop.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 25th 2013, 10:15 pm

ok still we got to think of a way that he got in hope has to explain it to the others
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 25th 2013, 10:18 pm

The angel of hope wrote:ok still we got to think of a way that he got in hope has to explain it to the others
    He doesn't HAVE to... At least not until we can think of a way. Let's wait for other people to make some suggestions.

In the mean time, continue on with your posts and just act like normal.

Just... Try and keep Hope as mature as a six year old can be.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 25th 2013, 10:21 pm

manny give the part of sotry to shadow and tell him this "you can change it to the way it fits the story be nice and try to make it as close as it is im cool if you change it a lot but try too keep the broken arm and the drop ok"
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 31st 2013, 1:55 pm

So... Due to the slow activity here, anyone want to pick this up?

Just probing to test the level of interest/schedule of people. I do realize it's Easter so some people may be away.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 31st 2013, 2:52 pm

Almost forgot about this. I'll re-read and get back up to speed, then I'll continue.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 31st 2013, 5:32 pm

I'll be posting again very soon for this. Easter has been kinda meh today, on account that no-one could show up here.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness March 31st 2013, 5:39 pm

i might make a part for it but i cant make any promises today or Monday threw Friday

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 6:57 pm