Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+3
It's Kruger
Shad0wChas3r
Bad John
7 posters

Writing Discussion Topic.

dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Writing Discussion Topic. - Page 2 Empty Re: Writing Discussion Topic.

Post  dragon of darkness October 27th 2013, 10:50 am

In time/dimension if your meet your self wouldnt you implode or something like the movies say or would we just put that out but you might know more than me
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 27th 2013, 2:59 pm

dragon of darkness wrote:In time/dimension if your meet your self wouldnt you implode or something like the movies say or would we just put that out but you might know more than me
    Considering how Time travel doesn't exist *unless our Government doesn't want us to know it's possible*, we can't truly say for sure. The closest to what I would believe as possible would be what 'Back to the Future' explained, where if one person met themselves from a different time, whether it be past or future, would start to show symptoms equivalent to neurogenic shock.

This seems more realistic, instead of random implosion. When you look into the mirror and see yourself, you could argue that you are glancing through a portal that connects dimensions, therefore you are staring down the opposite of yourself. If I looked into my reflection right now, I wouldn't explode from within spontaneously. But if my future or past self ran into me within the next five minutes, my mind wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

Therefore, I would find myself seizing uncontrollably until I went into a coma, with drool spilling out of my mouth the longer I stayed in contact with them. It would be much more severe if I was to meet my future self, however, as the brain is incapable of comprehending future events, until they have already happened. The here and now? Yep, applies to the brain.

Long story short, it would make sense in a fictional story, but in truth, we have no way of knowing. But going into shock, entering a coma, and eventually dying would most likely be what occurs.

Manuel: I'm up for the challenge of bringing Blaine back. I'm still in the midst of COMPLETELY changing his outcome. I know I've made so many changes to his canon that it's officially all over the place. But as I go along, I still aim to redo Homecoming, Orion, Reclaimers, and Hunted.

This could give me a chance to finally flesh him out to what I want him to be, without damaging whatever it was you guys liked about the last canon- and this time, I'm serious. It's permanent this time around. So yes, I agree with a Halo Database reunion story, bring back the old characters we all love.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 27th 2013, 3:40 pm

I think that the issues with time travel exist when you talk SOLELY about OUR universe. That's because matter can't occupy two different spaces at the same time, or something like that. So we're talking about travelling linearly through time.

But this is cross dimensional time travel, so kinda like "diagonal" time travel (if imagine the two timelines of different universes side by side). I think this means that when you travel to the other universe's past, the "past" you isn't REALLY the REAL past you. It's a similar past version that belongs to a different dimension.

Therefore I THINK that it's possible to meet that way, since technically the duplicate and you are not the same matter (you belong to different universes).

So you, as a mass of matter, are not violating the "mass cannot exist in two places simultaneously" rule since the universe you left is missing your mass but another universe (the one you travel to) has "extra" to make up for it.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 27th 2013, 4:04 pm

There's also a law of science regarding time. Although events in the past and present can alter the future, the past cannot be altered by events happening in the future.

If we're technically creating a different past by going back, and creating a present other than the main one, we're altering their present, and shaping the future, although from the character's point of view, they'd be altering the future from the past.

And if we're going backwards and forwards in time, I want to feature a fully grown Iola. :DIt's been a while since I've had her around.

Maybe her moody brother JJ as well. He takes more after his mom, but is almost the spitting image of his dad in terms of looks. Except he has both eyes.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 27th 2013, 4:22 pm

Bad John wrote:There's also a law of science regarding time. Although events in the past and present can alter the future, the past cannot be altered by events happening in the future.

If we're technically creating a different past by going back, and creating a present other than the main one, we're altering their present, and shaping the future, although from the character's point of view, they'd be altering the future from the past.

And if we're going backwards and forwards in time, I want to feature a fully grown Iola. :DIt's been a while since I've had her around.

Maybe her moody brother JJ as well. He takes more after his mom, but is almost the spitting image of his dad in terms of looks. Except he has both eyes.
    Manuel: I was referring to the time travelling aspect, not so much the cross dimensional part Razz .

John: That'd be cool, Iola, JJ, Nine, Blaine, Manny, and the other Database kids. For Iola and JJ, it would be the equivalent of their childhood stories coming to life.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 27th 2013, 4:32 pm

OR Nightmares (Manuel).

We could, depending how far you wanted to go, do short story arcs with this. One story arc per era?

I could see a lot of confusion seeing the grown up children. Maybe in that universe, Manuel HAS children? That'd REALLY fuck with him, hehehe.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 27th 2013, 8:48 pm

Nine would be super confused by a pale girl wearing a carbon copy of his armor, and he'd be INCREDIBLY frustrated with JJ, since JJ looks exactly like him, but is low key, quiet, likes to read, and is a meticulous planner.

He also hates it when his gear gets dirty.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 28th 2013, 8:33 pm

I seriously doubt his battle prowess if he has an issue getting his gear dirty.

When alien blood is flying, and craters being created in the earth kick up dirt... SOMETHING is going to get dirty.

I think Manuel having children would be a pretty emotional roller coaster for him. Of course, he'll hide it as best as he can behind a veil of "calm and collected".
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 29th 2013, 1:25 am

He's SUPER cleanly. xD He'll get over it someday, but after every firefight, he waits for a chance to clean himself and his weapon.

He's an impeccable assassin, and he uses a Hard Sound Rifle as his weapon of choice, because it's the "cleanest." He showers twice a day, brushes his teeth whenever he gets into his room, changes clothes twice a day, and has a switchblade comb to keep his hair neat and styled.

He's a gifted artist, using soft lead. It's the ONLY time he allows himself to get dirty or unclean. He can also play flute. Nine taught him to play bass guitar along with Iola.

A lot of people hate his ticks, but he gets RESULTS in battle. He gets along pretty well with everyone, but he constantly fights with his sister, who intentionally tries to get him dirty just to fuck with him. He steals her hat in retaliation, and their "pranks" tend to end in outright brawls.

Raising him was...CHALLENGING, for Nine. He was a momma's boy, and has her eyes. The two of them tend to sit together and read, while Nine and Iola roughhouse and play catch.

They're a nice family. Very Happy
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 31st 2013, 8:20 pm

So I had an idea.

Not sure where this would fit into our time travelling across dimensions adventure, but here's an idea: a clash of alternate futures.

We could have War's empire in one future be made aware of another future (maybe where Humanity is allied with the former Covenant, like a Systems Alliance type thing)? That future could also be the one with children of Database characters.

Maybe in that future, some extremists from the alien nations assassinate the President of the UEG?

Anyways, future War, seeing the disgusting turn of events, after tracing the path of our heroes, sends an army over (kinda like C.L.U in Tron Legacy).

One of two things could happen: a small strike force from the peaceful future is sent over, along with our heroes, to sabotage the deployment and sever the link.

OR the army actually gets through and the peaceful future has to some hold the line somewhere AND convince the Human populace that the extremists were just that... extremists.

That's all I got for a story arch.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr October 31st 2013, 8:24 pm

So a crossover, within the same timeline, but different cannons? Sounds like it would make for an AMAZING story line, given the proper plot, which your's sounds like it would be beast!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 31st 2013, 8:58 pm

Timeline 1Timeline 2Timeline 3
    FutureFutureFuture
    PresentPresentPresent
    PastPastPast
    It's a crossover of different timelines. Think of the timelines as the columns in the table above. There are three, as in the case of the example I gave before.

Timeline 1 can be the timeline where War's empire reigns.
    Timeline 2 can be the timeline where most of our Database canon is written.
    Timeline 3 can be the timeline where Humanity as joined the former Covenant in an alliance for peace.

Now, our heroes from the present of timeline 2, travel to the future of timeline 1, where War's empire reigns. In their rush to escape said timeline, they accidentally wind up in the future of timeline 3, where Humanity is at peace with the former Covenant.

During this jump however they have left open a link between timeline 1 and timeline 3. Through this link War's empire finds out about the assassination I spoke of before, and invades/attempts to invade.

Timeline 2, for the most part, will be untouched because then we'll be dealing with a lot of the issues of regular time travel. Timeline 1 and 3 exist to provide us with similar timelines to allow for time travelling and none of those tricky issues because technically you are not you in that dimension.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 31st 2013, 9:26 pm

That's cool.

Why is the EVIL timeline Timeline 1...?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 31st 2013, 10:04 pm

Bad John wrote:That's cool.

Why is the EVIL timeline Timeline 1...?
    It's not. The GOOD timeline is timeline 1 since Humanity is the top dog there.

The BAD timeline is timeline 3 because tensions are still kinda... tense, and people are still dying whenever a crazed Covenant nut decides to blow up a city or what not.

That and the UEG President got assassinated. Not so cheery is it?

lol, jk. I know what you meant by "evil".

However, if you have any other ideas for timeline 3, or a totally different timeline, feel free to share. We'll just be bouncing ideas around for a while right now.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 31st 2013, 10:14 pm

Hm. Timeline 3 could be a universe in which humanity lost. Both humans and elites (betrayed by the brutes) are living as slaves of the Covenant, but a small resistance group is preventing the activation of the rings.

Or maybe it could be the Metroid universe. xD It's been a while since we've seen Samus and Nicole.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 31st 2013, 10:33 pm

Zman and I came up with an interesting story arch, combining some of his canon and some of mine. It'd also lead nicely into another story arch. I tasked up with typing it up while I went to the bathroom. I'm back, but I assume he's still working on it so I'll wait until he gets it up.

While I'd like for some Samus and Nicole action (throw in Maura as well because why not), maybe... for a different collab. One where we specifically travel to dimensions other than Halo. Like one SPECIFICALLY for cross dimensional travel, but no time travel.

As for the Human slaves... that would rub War (in any host form and from any timeline) in all the wrong ways.

Although how would such a small resistance force be able to keep up resistance on the rings? They'd have to be permanently stationed there, and somehow have the logistics to carry out the operation.

The Brutes would have naval superiority, and could easily outlast the Humans. Unless the Humans could resupply somehow without the Brute's navy noticing. Even then, this small resistance force would spread awfully thin...

I'm sure we'll think of something.

OH and one last thing. If Humans are slaves, do they have certain roles determined by gender. Like say... oh I dunno... women bringing satisfaction to Brutes. Through cooking, cleaning, combing Brute fur... and one other thing (think back to the beginnings of the Database).

It'd be nice to explore THAT again Twisted Evil  

Or maybe Elites and Humans get REAL friendly in this timeline! It'd be such a throwback!

Right guys? Guys?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John October 31st 2013, 10:37 pm

Hm. To effectively decomission a ring, I suppose you'd have to either pull a Pillar of Autumn, or snatch the Activation Index of each and every Halo, an kill the Monitor so it can't activate the Rings in any other way.

I think. I donno. We'll come up with a way.

And I miss Sam and Nic. Maura would be fun too. Another time.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 31st 2013, 10:48 pm

Bad John wrote:Hm. To effectively decomission a ring, I suppose you'd have to either pull a Pillar of Autumn, or snatch the Activation Index of each and every Halo, an kill the Monitor so it can't activate the Rings in any other way.

I think. I donno. We'll come up with a way.

And I miss Sam and Nic. Maura would be fun too. Another time.
    Probably snatching the Activation Index and killing off the Monitors would be best. That way you don't have to constantly resupply forces across large portions of space.

And I miss them too John. Terribly so.

Zman is offline so here's what we thought up:

Zman had his whole SCF thing, and I had War's empire. The main difference is that Markov is wants power for the sake of power, but War wants power so that he can rule Humanity and let it rise (basically his way or no way). 

So, we figured, if War was to view Markov as little more than an idiot gone mad with power, he'd have no issues invading this dimension, killing Markov, and expanding his empire into TWO dimensions. A clash of titans, with our heroes in the middle of it.

I proposed (and Zman agreed) that the SCF would be reeling from the technologically superior Legionary empire, and be unable to fight its own native war (UNSC Remnants vs SCF). So it would actually ally itself with its former enemy to push back the foreign invaders.

In this part of the story, our heroes would have allied themselves with the UNSC Remnant, but after this alliance they can decide to aid in pushing back the Legion or deciding to deal with Markov themselves first and deal with the aftermath later.

Then, in some sort of final assault/hold the line scene the SCF-UNSC Remnant alliance fights the Legion to give the heroes time to sever the portal between these two dimensions. Of course, this leaves our heroes stranded in War's Empire.

From there they could escape to another timeline, which would begin a new story arch. Whether or not the Legionary Empire follows them through is something we'd have to discuss.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 31st 2013, 11:43 pm

Read over all of what was said since I last checked here. Well, that escalated very, very quickly Razz . Sounds good so far fellows, I'll think of some stuff to contribute, if you'd like.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 1st 2013, 12:21 am

Of course! It's your story as well.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr November 3rd 2013, 9:52 pm

So, I am in need of a little writing assistance. I'm getting into the bigger scenes of The Past is Renewed and would like to throw in some of the Database's characters into the fray. So, if you'd like to be a part of this long and on going project, just give me a BASIC description (enough so that I can do your creations proper justice) then they will be MAJOR (not just minor parts here) players in the chapters to come. Also Shads, if you could also get me some basic info about the Blaine's ship, I'd like to include it alongside the Patton and the newly appearing Arizona
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 3rd 2013, 11:31 pm

zman007playr wrote:So, I am in need of a little writing assistance.  I'm getting into the bigger scenes of The Past is Renewed and would like to throw in some of the Database's characters into the fray.  So, if you'd like to be a part of this long and on going project, just give me a BASIC description (enough so that I can do your creations proper justice) then they will be MAJOR (not just minor parts here) players in the chapters to come.  Also Shads, if you could also get me some basic info about the Blaine's ship, I'd like to include it alongside the Patton and the newly appearing Arizona
    Name: Aura of Armaggedon.
    Classification: UNSC Autumn-Class Heavy Frigate/Escort platform.

Armaments:
    -M910 Point defense turrets on the hull and bow of the ship.
    -Mk. IX MAC Mass Accelerator Cannons  on the hull and bow of the ship. Proper waste distribution allows the cannons to fire three times in rapid succession before overheating.
    -M58 Archer Class Missiles. Pods A-Z are kept as battle ready as ever.
    -Shiva class Military Nuclear devices.

Vehicle bay, troop bay.

Longsword, Shortsword, Broadsword fighter bays.

The Aura is fitted with A3 grade military Titanium. 1.5k sq. ft long.

Used for these purposes:

-Flagship
    -Troop Carrier/Transport
    -Escort Support.
    -Naval Engagements.

Current Commander: Rear Admiral of the Navy Blaine Harlowe. Sierra 115.

Current Navigational operator: AI Serial Number 136784-Z. Zeus.

Second in Command *should Blaine find himself on the ground*: Captain Yuri Dimitrikov.
    As for Blaine himself, it's pretty straight forward. Fight or die for your team-mates. Do what's right, not what's easiest. Be a smartass every now and again. Any further questions can be asked, but that's the basic jist.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 4th 2013, 4:05 pm

How many years past Halo 4 was this again?

I'm not even sure my characters would be alive, or kicking, depending on how far we go.

However, the Legion could be some sort of Black Ops operation. Kinda like X-Force from the X-men. They take the dirty, but necessary, jobs nobody wants (e.g. Blowing up bases, regardless of civilian or military personnel).

The Legion would never tolerate an Authortarian regime unless they were at the helm. "The enemy of the enemy is my friend" is the relationship they would have with the UNSC Remanent.

However this raises one question: Where DID all the Spartans go?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 4th 2013, 4:07 pm

You know Nine. Brown armor, EVA helmet, GEN2 armor, dual wields a pistol and an SMG.

Has a synthetic eye, dark skin, smiles a lot, easy going, cracks jokes, and a heaven-sent, LETHAL hand to hand combatant.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr November 4th 2013, 4:21 pm

originally, i had no real plan for the Spartans, considering i made with when chief was the "last of the Spartans." but with the onset of halo 4 and the Spartan IVs, my basic set up is that, most were exterminated with the siege of earth.  The ones that survived are with the UNSC and i will be writing them in shortly. also Markov has made a private army of Spartan IVs with the funding from the "Covenant" think of it like the Stormtroopers from Hitler.

and its about 35-36 years past Halo 4.  think about 10-12 years after Alaina, speaking of which, there will be a BIG reunion next chapter.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 9:42 pm