Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Shad0wChas3r
Bad John
6 posters

F.O.E. Discussion.

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

F.O.E. Discussion. Empty F.O.E. Discussion.

Post  Bad John July 25th 2013, 7:38 am

Three cheers to Manny, for making the first two posts, and getting the Legion fired up!

I always like the dynamic between Bailey, War, and Laskey. There's so much interesting stuff there that can be explored, especially when one knows the characters well.

To avoid clutter in the original topic, sign up here, and detail the characters you intend to use.

I'm going to be making my intro a little later today. Kinda down with a stomach ache.

Trying to get Vale involved. Looks like he'll be gracing us with his presence. :)

Agent Nine, donning a new suit (since his old one was wrecked) will be riding solo as my character.

Let's get to work, people!
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

F.O.E. Discussion. Empty Re: F.O.E. Discussion.

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 25th 2013, 12:55 pm

As always I will be using Blaine. I also apologize in advance, I won't be able to write up a proper introduction for him today.

I won't go into details here, maybe in the Discuss Anything thread.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 25th 2013, 7:54 pm

Ack! I knew I forgot something...

Anyways Manuel and Miguel will be two main characters throughout the story. A few others may be seen/mentioned but these two are my main two.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 26th 2013, 2:24 am

Hm. So, we got Morgan, Manny and John thus far. I figured Panther or Dragon would be in too.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 26th 2013, 12:54 pm

Dragon's character would be like... Ten at this point but I suppose we could overlook the temporal plot hole.

Panther doesn't write much anymore Sad
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 26th 2013, 4:54 pm

Bummer.

Well, I posted. Nine's on his way planetside with a squad of Freelancer Marines.

So, our team meets up on the surface after landing?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 26th 2013, 5:40 pm

Pretty much. Legion, Freelancer, and UNSC forces meet up in the clearing and move out from there.

Our story will be following our team throughout their adventures on the ring.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger July 26th 2013, 9:05 pm

So, I'm signing Vance in.

The Lancer takes place after this. So, let's get crazy, y'all!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 27th 2013, 12:35 am

Aaaw yeah!

I've been thinking... We have a small number of people on this one.

Do you guys want this to be the average Collab where we follow one group, or do you guys to expand this story?

Considering Humanity's going all out, there's a all of things to be done on the ring. We could probably follow two teams of we really wanted to.

But it's up to you. I'll go either way, it's just a suggestion since we don't have that many people.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 27th 2013, 2:31 am

I say they stick together. Cleaner, and more character interplay.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger July 27th 2013, 6:47 am

Plus, point more than two Spartans at a single target, whatever it is, it'll probably not get a chance to live.

Tactically speaking, that'd be smarter to use against difficult objectives, like destroying important AA's, or assassinating HVT's, or washing the bathroom, or capturing large firebases, or pretty much anything, especially the cleaning the bathroom part.

Lawl.

Also, if we had fireteams with more than one writer per team, it'd be a huge cluster bang where teammates would get cut off by posters from the other team. This way, if someone needs to go idle, we can all carry the character on our respective creative backs.

And I swear to god I'll cut someone if somebody decides that the immediate area we are in needs to get bombed by a planet cracking nuke unless they're war.

I'd still be pissed though.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 27th 2013, 12:23 pm

Oh, I meant create two teams rather than split us up, since a lot of us have multiple characters we could use. We could jump back and forth between their points of view.

Two teams, two different missions, same writers.

Example:

Team 1 - Manuel, John, Blaine, Vance

Team 2 - Miguel, ???, Darryl, Will(?)

This could change obviously.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 27th 2013, 2:02 pm

Hm. Do we have enough characters for that? I hadn't considered bringing in a second character.

I figured we'd all just roll as a pack. Palmer, Linda, and War pool their resources into a decently powerful strike team to do important objectives, as they focus on the dangerous matter of engaging the enemy on all fronts.

Also, me and Vale are trying to come up with Fireteam names.

I like Fireteam Metal, Alloy, and Sterling. Something metal related.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 27th 2013, 2:27 pm

Bad John wrote:Hm. Do we have enough characters for that? I hadn't considered bringing in a second character.

I figured we'd all just roll as a pack. Palmer, Linda, and War pool their resources into a decently powerful strike team to do important objectives, as they focus on the dangerous matter of engaging the enemy on all fronts.
    They would, but that'd be in the background wouldn't it?

When I wrote the OP, I wasn't sure what we wanted from it. I went with big invasion fleet because there was already a sizeable amount of active enemies on the ring.

Alternatively we could follow one team and run into various ongoing battles along the way, to get that whole "all out war" feel goin on.

Example:

Fire team "us" finds UNSC marines pinned down against Storm forces and we go and help them out.

Or we run into a Forerunner complex only to find ourselves in the midst of a Flood break out with Sentinnels going crazy to contain them.

Bad John wrote:
    Also, me and Vale are trying to come up with Fireteam names.

I like Fireteam Metal, Alloy, and Sterling. Something metal related.
    Gold? Silver? Copper? Bronze? Platinum? Chrome?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 27th 2013, 4:41 pm

The all-out-war thing was exactly what I'd hoped you'd go for. This is going to be a large-scale battle to gain control of the ring, with several different factions fighting for it.

Our group's assignment would be to secure the Index, and along the way there would be a great deal of us finding side objectives like rescuing marines pinned down by the Storm, or disabling a Sentinel generating complex.

I also want there to be certain things out of our control, like large-scale geographical disturbances caused by the Halo's defender, the Monitor, or Strato-Sentinels that glass enemy ground forces. Things that our characters would be on the run from, and give sense of danger that other collabs lacked.

Things that make this collab seem grand in scale, even though we're going through it as a team.

Speaking of which, it'd be nice to have a map. We've done so before in other collabs. Razz
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 27th 2013, 5:05 pm

Also, more details about the new Jiralhanae/Skirmisher/Drone faction.

Eliminarus - The Commander in Chief of the enemy's ground forces, he rules with an iron fist. A powerfully built Jiralhanae, he wields a gravity hammer strikingly similar to the Fist of Rukt, a stone cudgel outfitted with gravity manipulation, overshield generation, and a curved blade.

He often participates in important battles on the front-lines, and has been reported to be "invincible."

He is a gifted public speaker among his kind, and is very charismatic, contrasting his brutal nature on the battlefield.

Jaak - A distinguished Skirmisher pirate captain, he is an incredibly knowledgeable naval combatant, and the many skirmishers under his command are put through intensive close combat training, making them terrifying boarders.

He is ruthless, cutthroat, and fiercely intelligent.

Yanme'e Queen - Little is known about the Queen affiliated with the organization. She is referred to as "Legion," however it is unknown if that is her real name.

She has eliminated several other Queens, and allied with the Jiralhanae and Skirmishers in her pursuit for more power. It is possible she is driven by the instinctual need to be the most powerful of the Queens, but it is clear that she possesses higher thought, as she commands one of the most strategically powerful Drone Hordes seen in the history of the War.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 27th 2013, 8:14 pm

The bugger queen is known as Legion? We'll see about that.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 28th 2013, 1:04 am

Figured that'd raise the REAL Legion's hackles a bit. Razz
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 28th 2013, 1:32 am

I like Fireteam Onyx, considering that's a metal as well. Entirely up to you guys, just throwing it out there.

I named my other team that are mostly just to show there are other teams around *I might have their point of view, but it'll be miniscule*. This is Fireteam Fortress; David, Naomi, Katie, Jorge, Phil, Josh, Kayla, and Scott.

Also thought of a Religious name to call our new foes, assuming they haven't been named yet. Feel free to say yay or nay, but I was thinking 'The Disciples'.

Anyways, I'm posting my introduction now. Entering a little banter with Blaine and another character to vent some feelings.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 28th 2013, 3:08 am

Isn't eight a little large for a fire team? Aren't they like five man squads?

And Onyx is a gemstone or mineral, not exactly a metal. Or at least it was last time I checked.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 28th 2013, 3:10 am

I like Fireteam Metal and Sterling most.

For the record, Jorge is a Freelancer. He's not under UNSC command. He'd certainly be down to work with the UNSC, however.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 28th 2013, 11:14 am

Bad John wrote:I like Fireteam Metal and Sterling most.

For the record, Jorge is a Freelancer. He's not under UNSC command. He'd certainly be down to work with the UNSC, however.

I had remembered Jorge was a Freelancer. I just figured that he was probably taking a lift from the Aura.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 28th 2013, 6:24 pm

Nine's Inventory:

Mk VIII OverArrow armor: Nine's personal set of Generation 2 Mjolnir. A new suit, he's still breaking it in. It is lightweight, and designed to bolster his strength and speed by not wasting energy on redundant hard points. It is still quite sturdy and strong.

His armor is not vacuum sealed, allowing him a more "natural" suit, letting him use his own impressive senses, in conjunction with the reflex, speed, and strength enhancing advantages of Mjolnir.

x2 M7 Caseless Submachine Gun: One is mounted on his left holster, and the other is on his upper back.

Prepared for a drawn out battle with heavier infantry, Nine brought two in order to provide as much firepower from his position as possible.

M6O SOCOM: A heavy pistol with a black finish and a sound suppressor. It packs quite a punch. He keeps it on his left hip.

Close Quarters Razor: A bowie knife designed for close quarters combat. Full tang, carbon finish, with a high quality, unyielding blade.

Mounted on his upper left chest in a sheath.

Climbing Dagger: Mostly used for climbing. Designed with a thick blade for piercing rock, metal, Covenant material, and even Forerunner metals.

Can be used as an offhand weapon if needed. Mounted in a hilt on the lower back.

Hardlight Shield (Quantum Mirror Variant): Housed in his left forearm armor, the device emits a solid sheet of hardlight to defend the user. Has mild shapeshifting properties. Can be grown with an increase in energy consumption, or shrunken for a thicker, more compact point defense shield.

Bailey has improved on the design, improving its repelling ability, and shape. Conventional, explosive, plasma, or kinetic energy is almost always completely reflected. It is possible, but ill advised, to use it to stop a light vehicle or a charging brute.

VISR: While less advanced that Promethean Vision, Nine's EVA optical bundle can be modified to function in low light scenarios, with friendly targets outlined blue, objectives outlined green, confirmed enemies red, and solid/unknown objects yellow.

Encounters with Forerunner designs, such as Sentinels, may be problematic, as they are inorganic and can "trick" the identification program.

Nine's Status: Nothing has happened, so he's fine.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger July 29th 2013, 2:00 am

Leaving Tuesday for a week-long trip. I'll be back on Sunday or so and I'll try to post anther thing before I leave.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 29th 2013, 12:26 pm

Mmk then Vale.

Fireteam Spartoi - The name "Spartoi" was taken from the stories of both Cadmus and Jason of Greek legend. Cadmus killed a dragon and used its teeth as seeds to form soldiers known as Spartoi. They, along with Cadmus, went on to found the Greek city of Thebes. Jason also sowed the Spartoi in his quest for the Golden Fleece.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 6:04 pm