Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Shad0wChas3r
Bad John
6 posters

F.O.E. Discussion.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

F.O.E. Discussion. - Page 2 Empty Re: F.O.E. Discussion.

Post  Manny July 30th 2013, 12:31 am

Spartoi? Sounds like heretical version of Spartan. Or a Sharqoui/Spartan love child. *shudders*

THE NAME MUST NOT BE SOILED!!!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 30th 2013, 1:44 am

324's Inventory

Gen 2 MJOLNIR - Crusader Mark One

The second generational version of General 324's personal armour used during the immediate years following the Great War. It is technically a hybrid of three suits, but the name would have been too long. In addition to this, Legion scientists have managed to add new features which eventually culminated in the suit being unique enough to be its own variant. While visually identical to the ODST variant of MJOLNIR armour, it is actually quite different in terms of technology. It is named after the General's actions in the very early years following the Great War.

The features it has retained from its Mark VII origins are:
    -Atmospheric insertion systems, allowing entry from orbit safely
    -Slip space de-insertion capabilities
    -Limited shaping of your energy shields

The features from the black suit are as follows:

-The HUD's field of view allows for extreme range reconnaissance, since it is nearly 5000 meters
    -The armour can carry smart AIs and has a hologram projector to display AI avatars
    -Perhaps the most important feature from the black suit is the translation device between English and Covenant languages, complete with a built in microphone, processor, and speaker.

Additions kept from Crusader "Mark Zero" are:
    -The radar now displays altitude
    -The 1.2x reflex boost is still active, but due the lighter nature of the second generation of MJOLNIR it is effectively 1.35x

Additions added to Crusader Mark One are:
    -Nanobots which passively upgrade and repair suit, a feature that was lacking in Crusader "Mark Zero" because the prototypes of Mark VII lacked these features
    -Built in rectennae, allowing for increased energy input, and output, when near a calibrated generator with a transmitter
    -Live feed helmet cameras that project images onto the fromt of the visor, which can be turned on or off for manipulation of images into thermal and infared imaging, among other spectrums

And like all other MJOLNIR variants it contains the classical elements such as night vision, shielding, motion sensors, etc.

MA5C-BR55 hybrid
    The tried and true signature weapon of the General, he wields it in battle once again.

Energy Trident
    The tried and true signature weapon of the General, he wields it in battle once again.

Magnum

Lieutant-Colonel 325, Miguel

GEN 2 MJOLNIR - Crusader Mark One

Miguel wears the enforcer variant of armour with raider shoulders. The technology in the suit is the same as be General's but is being tested to see if it serve close quarters combatants well or not.

Miguel wears it with white being the primary colour and yellow the secondary, along with his visor. The Legion insignia is printed above his heart.

M7 Submachine gun x2
    Miguel wields his tried and true weapons into battle, ready to get close with the enemy.

Ballistic Fist x2

Miguel wields what has been named the Ballistic Fist. Along his fingers are thin plates, that when applied with a certain force fire a miniature wrist mounted shotgun. He usually only has one on his right arm, although he has another one for his left arm now.

Of course, the shotgun is not as powerful as a full sized one but if the enemy is being hit with enough force to activate the weapon then they are probably in immense pain already.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 30th 2013, 2:18 am

Donno what Palmer's gonna SAY here, so I stopped.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 30th 2013, 8:44 am

I could do it, but way later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

But maybe we should wait for Shadow. I don't know if he'd want Blaine to say anything or not.

After all, my original plan was to have Palmer team us up and send us on our way.

AH SHIT! I said the mini shotgun was on his wrist... I meant forearm. If it was on his wrists it's probably blast off part of his palms.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 30th 2013, 8:51 am

Nuts. There ARE still plates on his fingers, right? That'd be the part Nine noticed.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 30th 2013, 9:05 am

Yeah.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 30th 2013, 9:23 am

Alright. Just making sure I didn't misunderstand. :P

I like the idea. A punch activated shotgun. Reminds me of something you'd see in Pacific Rim.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 30th 2013, 4:34 pm

Bad John wrote:
    Nine shrugged his shoulders. "The aliens here SIGNED their death warrants. Unless they beg for mercy or flee, we're here to stomp necks." Nine patted Manuel on the shoulder. "Unless Manny has a problem with that. He's quite the humanitarian."

But Manuel IS a humanitarian. He's someone that seeks to promote the welfare of human beings, which is the definition of a humanitarian.

In other words, Manuel wouldn't have a problem because he's a humanitarian.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 30th 2013, 4:42 pm

Lol. I suppose that's true. Nine, however, was referring to the side of Manny that enjoys tearing the individual jaws off of Sangheili. That ever-absent HUMANE aspect of humanity in the good 'ol Legion.

I suppose there IS an air of hypocrisy to Nine's jokes, considering that deep down, he enjoys the thrill of combat and danger. Razz The main difference is that Nine doesn't want ALL aliens murdered, just the ones who are dickholes.

Maybe one day Nine could be convinced to work more closely with the Legion to that end. Only time will tell.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 30th 2013, 6:00 pm

We're going to need new words when, or if, we ever do meet real aliens...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 1st 2013, 8:25 pm

I'm more than ready to continue.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 1st 2013, 8:29 pm

Bad John wrote:I'm more than ready to continue.
    Well then, at least I'm not the only who feels this way.

I'll get started on Palmer's speech then, maybe in an hour or two. Not sure where to go from there since Vale ain't here and Morgan needs to deal with his goat's death.

Maybe UNSC personnel (Blaine and Vance) meet up with the Legionnaires and Freelancer?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 2nd 2013, 12:35 pm

Seems like a good idea. Go ahead and let 'er fly when you're ready, Manny.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr August 2nd 2013, 5:56 pm

hey guys, I'm thinking about joining up with F.O.E but, can anyone like give me a sit rep and, if this Spartan's only, or is it open?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 2nd 2013, 6:14 pm

No it's not Spartans only. It's everything UNSC. Marines, ODSTs, Spartans, etc. At least I think it is, John would know more seeing as how it's his idea.

Basically we're trying to take a Halo ring by force, but the Flood and Sentinnels are going crazy and there's TWO groups of aliens. With the UNSC it's a five sided free for all.

Anyways, you haven't missed much. Troops have just set base in a circular clearing with only one way in or out by land.

You could write you characters in arriving on base, since we haven't officially started our mission yet.

I think you said your ODST character Zack was on Alpha Halo, so he'd be a useful guide.

Any little extra details you may want to know can be read by skimming through the OP.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 2nd 2013, 6:27 pm

Manny wrote:No it's not Spartans only. It's everything UNSC. Marines, ODSTs, Spartans, etc. At least I think it is, John would know more seeing as how it's his idea.

Basically we're trying to take a Halo ring by force, but the Flood and Sentinnels are going crazy and there's TWO groups of aliens. With the UNSC it's a five sided free for all.

Anyways, you haven't missed much. Troops have just set base in a circular clearing with only one way in or out by land.

You could write you characters in arriving on base, since we haven't officially started our mission yet.

I think you said your ODST character Zack was on Alpha Halo, so he'd be a useful guide.

Any little extra details you may want to know can be read by skimming through the OP.
    Whatever you want to bring to the table is fine, as long as the character is someone you're comfortable writing, and can keep up, combat and travel-wise. ODST, Marine, or even A.I. is cool. Or bring a squad. S'all good.

On another note, one "FoxyFoxy90" joined our board today. I hope this person becomes a regular, or feels comfortable making an intro. If any of you know this character, tell him/her it's safe to show up when ready. Razz
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 3rd 2013, 11:40 am

Shit we never decided on a fire team name...

You said something metal related right?

Gold, Silver, Copper, Bronze, Platinum, Steel, Iron, Titanium
    (Science realm time), Tungsten, Magnesium, Maganese, or Lithium?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 3rd 2013, 11:44 am

Fireteam Alpha? Bravo?

My favorite thus far is Sterling. Has a nice ring to it, and it suggests incredible quality, which our Fireteam has in abundance. Thus far it's two of the Legion's top fighters, a gifted Freelancer soldier, and an ODST who's seen combat on ALPHA HALO. Soon, there'll be an Admiral and Vance in the mix.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 3rd 2013, 12:09 pm

So that's what it means. Let's roll with it.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 3rd 2013, 12:10 pm

Like Sterling Silver. :P

Or Sterling Archer, the main character of one of my favorite shows. :D
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 4th 2013, 6:09 pm

Enemy ideas for limited use and elevated threat:

Brute Mandingo: In a class of their own, these brutes have been trained in the more savage ways of Jiralhanaw combat. Armed with only daggers and other melee weapons, they are heavily muscled, and incredibly prone to berserking. Their claws are tipped with metal barbs, as are their teeth. They're hand to hand combat experts, and with their thick skin and armored helmets, it takes quite a bit of firepower to put them down. It is said that they feel no pain.

Elite Spectre: These Elites represent the pinnacle of Sangheili's use of technology in combat. Already well versed in battle, Spectres are followed by a silver device (A mock Promethean watcher) that facilitates the use of multiple armor abilities, these foes can use the Hardlight Shield, active Camo, hologram and phase shifting tech. They tend to use swords, plasma repeaters and Promethean blades. Some are armed with supressors and incineration cannons, so be careful. They guard high risk objectives and VIPs, overpowering even Spartans.

Spartan Flood: Upon infection by the flood, a Spartan becomes a hideous, durable, terrifying beast. The resulting claw can punch through iron. These combat forms can wield weapons, and possess the enhanced speed and strength of their hosts boosted by the parasite's naturally self destructive enhancements. Fortunately, their reflexes remain similar to combat forms, and their armor systems are rendered offline by the sheer damage caused by the mutation.

We should have made fail-safes for the Gen 2 armor, in case of infection, or worked towards finding a cure. Now we're paying the price.

Pureform Scunner: No information has been solidified regarding these creatures. It is believed that they are roughly 11 feet tall.

Judging by recovered, damaged footage, they travel by water and land, and somehow spread infection. They are nearly as physically powerful as juggernauts, and move with a disturbing silence when sneaking.

They were encountered in the final hours of the battle for the Ark, soon after the Gravemind betrayed us, and again on flood infected worlds.

No human, Spartan or otherwise, has survived an encounter.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 5th 2013, 12:24 pm

Fire team Sterling is the name I'm willing to go with... But it isn't something a Legionnaire would suggest.

They'd rather go with a number, or a proper military designation.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr August 6th 2013, 10:04 am

I like the name i think we should go with it
    I_IRONMAN_I
    I_IRONMAN_I

Post  I_IRONMAN_I August 10th 2013, 11:17 pm

Hello everyone. I'm hur and willing to bring in Kayap for this collab! Indeed, here, his grunt faction will come to play as well!

(Permission from good friend Shadow)
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 10th 2013, 11:27 pm

Oh. Oh no.

Prepare for internal conflict!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 8:57 am