Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+12
WOLF
Impanther
dragon of darkness
Splazer Zero
foxyfoxy90
It's Kruger
zman007playr
Spinal Clerk
Doctor Jensen
I_IRONMAN_I
Manny
Bad John
16 posters

Discuss Anything

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Discuss Anything  - Page 40 Empty Re: Discuss Anything

Post  Bad John July 6th 2016, 12:47 am

Yo Zman. How was basic?
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr July 6th 2016, 6:57 am

Saying 17 weeks of hell doesn't nearly describe it. Georgian summers are miserable and my drill sergeants we're insane, but I'm incredibly happy I made this decision
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 24th 2016, 7:24 pm

Sorry, I didn't see you there Zman. Welcome back from 'Hell'. We're always happy to see a Veteran member back Smile .

Now, can we take a moment to appreciate this?

If you noticed in the title, this song is the fifteenth song on the first disk. Therefore, it is known as song 1-15 in the soundtrack. The trippy thing is, this was the song I listened to the most when writing the very beginning for the newest iteration of Blaine's life.

#Illuminati perhaps?
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen July 24th 2016, 7:30 pm

Illuminati confirmed, no doubt.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 10th 2016, 3:47 pm

I'm taking a creative writing seminar, and I had an assignment that I rather liked. The assignment was simple; write for twenty minutes while using the same phrase to begin each paragraph.

Here's what I came up with; not quite long enough for me to make a topic about it, but I'm rather chuffed with it.

Tourmaline Lament

I

In the age of the Aquarius, we slighted the merfolk. Though we killed the heir to the throne of the merfolk by accident through pollution of their vast ocean, the merfolk initially took it as a tragic but honest mistake. However, our King failed to properly apologize. When asked to genuflect and grieve the fallen heir, our own King laughed. When he laughed, humanity laughed with him.

II

In the age of the Aquarius, The Dread Queen Ichthus rose from the depths. Perfect and glowing like a film of diamond encrusted ink, she was less a warrior and more a hyper lethal vector. Backed by billions of unknowable horrors from the depths, her first paces cost us six islands of the long, beautiful archipelago on which we made a home. Soldiers, merchants, and civilians alike were lost when she simply pushed the islands under the water, savoring the lamentations of humanity as countless were butchered and drowned in her domain.

III

In the age of the Aquarius, the King tried to flee to the Mainland, protected by his loyal Armada. The Queen caught up to him before his journey was a quarter done. Driving our king to his knees, Ichthus stomped his crown to dust. She lined her temple with the bones of our royal leader. We would suffer far worse during the war.

IV

In the age of the Aquarius, Ichthus was far too strong for us, and we humans far too weak to match her war machine. The hero of that accursed generation, Fleet Admiral Dravite, rose to the challenge. As Ichthus and her knights painted the shores of island after island with carnage, Dravite and his sisters held their ground, wielding warships and weapons of the finest metals. He encompassed our hopes of survival, and our dreams of a future. His looping, hit and run strikes from land and sky dealt Ichthus her first injury. He declared that she would not reach the Mainland as long as he drew breath. His Aviatrix sisters backed his claim, and stood with him in his struggle.

V

In the age of the Aquarius, Dravite danced circles around The Dread Queen’s champions. Her dire rays failed to even scratch his boots with their lethal tails. Her great sharks fell beneath his guns. His sisters breathed fire from their zeppelins and planes. Still, he and his sisters were the lone success story of humanity’s resistance. Ichthus’s forces pushed forward, taking island after island from the overmatched humans. Only Dravite and his sisters gave us hope.

VI

In the age of the Aquarius, bereft of a King to follow, Dravite petitioned Ichthus for peace on our behalf, advocating cooperation between the species. When Ichthus laughed at his proposal, the world itself shrank back in terror.

VII

In the age of the Aquarius, the final island fell, and Ichthus advanced on the Mainland. Fleet Admiral Dravite’s challenge was proven a proud lie; she had reached humanity’s final stronghold while he still drew breath. Despite his growing fear of Ichthus, Dravite’s sisters lent him resolve, and he prepared for the worst.

VIII

In the age of the Aquarius, Ichthus opened a wound in the Mainland that stretched for miles. Having reached her goal, she flooded the Mainland’s east coast, her warriors bursting from the deep lakes that she made. Her growing fascination with the Fleet Admiral fueled her assault. Dravite made his final stand there, covering humanity’s retreat. His sisters stood with him, and they cut one final swath through Ichthus’ acolytes. It was the last hit that her forces would ever take. When he reached the Queen, he met her head on in line combat with the remains of his fleet. This decided humanity’s fate.

IX

In the age of the Aquarius, Ichthus wore Dravite’s boots around her neck as a trophy. She had bested him strategically, and defeated him in single combat on the deck of his last ship. His fleet broken, and his resolve torn, he lived only that Ichthus could continue to taunt him. As a token of twisted affection, she took up his sword and used it to put down his proud Aviatrix sisters as they tried to rescue their fallen brother. Ichthus, moved by his grief, executed Dravite painlessly. He had been her only true challenger, and his effort was at an end. The humans were helpless as sheep before her now. Her vengeance was complete.

X

In the age of the Aquarius, Dravite’s death stoked a great depression in the Dread Queen, even as she finished her conquest of our lands. She grew to covet humanity, and granted them mercy, at first as slaves to the Dread Queen’s authority, then as equal folk under her purview. The mainland flooded, she provided we humans ships on which to live, and released them to find a new home. We cried out in relief.

XI

In the age of the Aquarius, Fleet Admiral Dravite was remade. From roots of mandrake and the blood of his killer, he was built in Ichthus’ image. Emptied but noble, Dravite was reborn as the Queen’s Perfect Admiral, a commentary on humanity. Robbed of the hopes and dreams he once defended, he served Ichthus without question. He was the Dread Queen’s enforcer and champion, and after centuries of service, he was made her husband and the King of the refurbished throne; a final insult to humanity’s injury. After building a future for her brood on humanity’s suffering, Ichthus had created a parody of our greatest hero, and taken him as a mate.

XII

In the age of the Aquarius, we meek, defeated humans, have been spared. Finding a new Mainland to call home, we pay tithes of ore and sacrifice to the Queen and her stolen King. Let us never upset the sea again.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness August 27th 2016, 2:33 am

GUESS WHO'S BACK MOFO'S IT IS I THE DRAGON, THE HOPE OF EVERYTHING!

Anyways, it has been a looooooong time since I last got on isn't it, um so the reason why is school, moving, finding a job, drivers license, Yea life is long and hard and tends to fuck ya. Also I am intending to do my own story, probably using hope and a few of the group taking out a few cause I got a few ideas so The Story of Hope is probably done but yea glad to be back and I ma GLAD I can type a little bit better... god the first thing I did when I got here do you guys Remember?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 27th 2016, 10:09 pm

Hiya Dragon.
    Maxim_O'Donnovan
    Maxim_O'Donnovan

Post  Maxim_O'Donnovan September 9th 2016, 10:54 pm

Still here. Been busy as of late, but I do intend to post something here at some point.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther September 21st 2016, 6:23 am

Hey guys, still around. Been extremelly for the last year too. Being a photographer can be tiring.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen September 22nd 2016, 11:29 pm

Good to see everyone's still here. Now we all just need to post something. haha.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther September 24th 2016, 11:08 pm

Anyone get the code for the Warthog in Forza Horizon 3 and not going to play it? If so I am desparate for it because my hog disappeared after deleting the demo. pm me here with the code if you decide to give it away.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen September 25th 2016, 11:39 pm

Actually, I think I have one. I can go check my messages and see if I can find it tomorrow.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen October 10th 2016, 4:24 pm

How's everyone been doing? I know school's busy for me, but what's going on with you all?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 7th 2016, 2:35 pm

I'm working on a Legend of Zelda thing. Still conceptualizing the characters, but since this is a Database writing first and foremost (I may post it elsewhere if I'm satisfied enough to continue), expect a few sendups to Database characters.

Already have a Blaine expy planned. A Herculeanly strong Hylian Knight who spent years training under the Gorons.

I don't often incorporate morals into my stuff, but it toys with the idea of heroism and power, and how far a hero can go before he becomes a bit of a prick and pulls a heel turn.

Look forward to that!
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 7th 2016, 10:01 pm

Bad John wrote: Already have a Blaine expy planned. A Herculeanly strong Hylian Knight who spent years training under the Gorons.

Call me whatever you must, I was hyped at the start of your post, but this thought here actually made me giddy.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 9th 2016, 10:38 pm

Well, check him out. Just posted it in the Zelda dump topic.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 9th 2016, 11:21 pm

Just gave the entire info dump a read, and I'm liking what I read. Niflo is a very interesting character, as not many people focus on the Sheikah Clan.

Color me excited for the first installment to this new epic.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny January 21st 2017, 11:18 pm

So last week I met a girl a named Maura. It was a first.

Oh and Jensen has dank memes on his Facebook page.

That is all.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen January 30th 2017, 2:50 pm

Memes are pretty good.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 7th 2017, 10:18 am

His memes are pretty good!

Anyways, I'm back, forgot I had my password on my computer there for a second and sort of had a panic attack.

Anyways, little update with me: I've been writing! Not here, obviously, but I've been writing comedy sketches. As some of you know, I'm trying to be a comedian. As some of you don't, I'm living on Oklahoma 3 hours away from the nearest comedy club with a broken car and 2 dogs to take care of.

So, in order to stay sane before I move out here in a month or so, I started writing comedy sketch screenplays. I dunno, maybe I could write for a show or something someday.

Anyways, I wrote a new MK short story to put my toe back in this nerdy ass water. Currently wiping all Vance related stuff while I sit down and re-concept the whole thing. Yup. I'm one of those guys. Figured I'd go more Spider-Man "Say a funny, beat some ass" than melodramatic "I was written by a 14 Y.O. Vale" for Vance.

Long story short, I'm back bitches. And since I don't have shit else to do for now, hopefully I'll be super active. (And also shame John into more actual MK for Manny)

Go fuck yourselves, and let's do some nerd shit, bitches!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 9th 2017, 12:18 am

...I'm actually touched you'd shame John into writing just so I can get my fix of MK. I'm not sure you're aware how bad the withdrawal symptoms have been.

Also good news! Jensen is starting a Youtube channel! I saw a video of his on Facebook about the superbowl. I certainly look forward to his videos... which I assume will be full of memes and reference to such (i.e. "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise")
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 28th 2017, 9:45 pm

Mind shooting me a link to his Channel, Manny? I'd like to see that.

By the by, sorry for the lack of activity in Mettle and Metal. As much of a staple as it is around here, the majority of my attention is gonna be directed towards Metallic Knights and SOLDIER in the coming future, barring some sort of paradigm shift.

I gotta admit, I'm pretty passionate about SOLDIER, in all honesty. Vale telling me to get to work made me wonder wtf to actually do as far as solo content goes, since my idea well on Metal and Mettle comes and goes, but SOLDIER feels weirdly natural to write, think about, and plan for; it feels like writing Metal and Mettle for the first time.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr March 2nd 2017, 10:31 pm

*lurking intensifies*

But in all seriousness,  I may be returning shortly and start actually contributing here again,  though I do come with a bit of bad news.   In the near future I will be deploying (can't say where,  can't say when)  but it is guaranteed that it will happen.  So when that happens I will sadly disappear (not that that changes from how I have been lately).  

On a happier note,  I do have something I've been working on since basic training and will probably be typing it up and uploading in the next few weeks.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 12th 2017, 11:53 pm

That sounds like it'll be dope, Z. I'm looking forward to it!
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 24th 2017, 4:07 pm

Dunno if Manny is gonna be on today, but happy birthday to ya, buddy! Hope it's a good one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 8:36 am