Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+12
WOLF
Impanther
dragon of darkness
Splazer Zero
foxyfoxy90
It's Kruger
zman007playr
Spinal Clerk
Doctor Jensen
I_IRONMAN_I
Manny
Bad John
16 posters

Discuss Anything

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Discuss Anything  - Page 21 Empty Re: Discuss Anything

Post  Manny August 23rd 2013, 6:30 pm

Bad John wrote:Relax. That's my advice. Its not TOTALLY different from High School, and soon, you'll get to make your own schedule.

Just go to class, and try to make some friends. Smile
    Right, same game plan as High School then. Except it'd probably be beneficial to make friends during Frosh week.... before classes start.

My schedule is already made. Monday to Wednesday I'm done school at noon and start at 9.

Thursday is all day at school pretty much. Friday is like the same length as a typical high school day.

On the bright side, I get my own room in residence!

AWWW YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 23rd 2013, 6:38 pm

Smart move. Having your own personal living space is liberating, and helps you focus. Razz
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther August 25th 2013, 12:50 pm

Manny wrote:So, for you older people out there (or people with older siblings)... any advice for University (or college as you Americans call it)?

I move in Sept 2 and I'm sorta excited and nervous for it.
    For some reason I thought you were asking for help with what to do about older siblings XD
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 25th 2013, 1:41 pm

Impanther wrote:
    Manny wrote:So, for you older people out there (or people with older siblings)... any advice for University (or college as you Americans call it)?

I move in Sept 2 and I'm sorta excited and nervous for it.
    For some reason I thought you were asking for help with what to do about older siblings XD
    lol that'd be weird because I'm the oldest...

Imaginary siblings?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 29th 2013, 1:53 pm

My leg hurts.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 29th 2013, 4:07 pm

What happened?

While we're on the topic of pain... My pride hurts now.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 29th 2013, 6:39 pm

I bumped it into a table like a dumbass.

What happened to your pride?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 29th 2013, 7:22 pm

My brain went retard mode and decided to go into that "insecure teenage phase" which is supposed to happen in HIGH SCHOOL.

For some reason, being shorter than everyone NEVER bothered me before. Now, it seems like every dude my age is like 6 feet... And for some reason I care now.

So my pride is hurt. I used to be fine with who I am, but not so much anymore. I want to be taller, which is odd because I've never desired it before. It was always "if it happens then great, if not then meh". Now it's like "damn, I'm really short..."

Bear in mind I'm only 5'5, so 5'9 still looks like 6 feet to me.

I'm also Canadian so I don't have a FULL grasp on the Imperial system.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 29th 2013, 7:42 pm

You know who else was short? Genghis Khan, Vegeta, Napoleon, Edward Elric... A lot of badasses are short.

It's even an advantage in battle due to tighter, denser musculature and a low center of gravity. Perfect for contact sports like wrestling or football.

I've never minded being short. Lol. Razz
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr August 29th 2013, 9:58 pm

so guys quick update, I wont be posting as much, Corps of Cadets restrictions, secondly, i haven't died, thridly, i am still writing and plan to come back with updates, fourthly, have a good day.

Zman
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r August 29th 2013, 10:10 pm

If you ever need help with the imperial system, don't be afraid to ask. Also, I assume this means you're in the USA, so I say welcome to our country!

Sorry for my absence. Even though I took the year off from Education entirely, I just had to deal with a god-damn runnaway, and trying to keep my Parents from splitting apart. So, yeah. Still dealing with it, but it's not as serious now. Can't spare any details at the moment.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 29th 2013, 10:56 pm

Actually.... Canadians use the Imperial system to refer to human height and weight. Weird, eh?

Anyways, my deal is that even though I KNOW height doesn't matter... What bothers me is the fact that my height is bothering me NOW. Why not before when everyone was insecure (high school freshman)?

Anyways, sorry to hear about what's been going on in your life Morgan. Sounds tough.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 30th 2013, 12:04 am

Hope things go well for you, Mo. We're all pulling for you.

PARTICULARLY shameless plug, Abunai has a new chapter. Hit it up if you want.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 1st 2013, 10:44 pm

Moving out of my house tomorrow!

Oh man, all these feels... I can't stand it.

But I'm mostly nervous/excited!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 2nd 2013, 1:46 pm

You'll be fine, dawg. Lol. Single room. It's like living in a shoebox with all your favorite stuff, and nobody to bother you. Razz

Last edited by Bad John on September 2nd 2013, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Little heavy handed. Edited.)
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 3rd 2013, 12:42 am

So far University has been great!

Meet some new cool people that I've enjoyed hanging out with. The people in the basement of my residence seems like cool dudes as well and everyone seems to get along.

I spend most of my time down there since that's where the first years are at.

Anyways living here so far isn't so bad.

I'll stop using this forum like facebook now...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 3rd 2013, 12:43 am

Told ya. :)
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger September 6th 2013, 5:08 am

Just thought I'd let you guys know, I've had a really rough couple of days. Now, I'm not a pussy and I'm not looking for a pity party, but if I lash out, get depressing, stop posting, or anything that would be something Hitler would do/say, I want you guys to do me a solid and kinda tell me to fuck off for a little or to come back if I'm gone.

Peace and much love to you all.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther September 9th 2013, 8:55 am

I am still working on the reworks in a Microsoft word type thing so don't worry. That plus I am playing Runescape as well. so I won't be on as much but I will be on every so often until the stories I have are updated. I.E. gonna post them then.

Hey man, don't leave, the Raptor will cheer ya up like he does everyone.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Post  Impanther September 9th 2013, 8:59 am

Bad John wrote:You know who else was short? Genghis Khan, Vegeta, Napoleon, Edward Elric... A lot of badasses are short.

It's even an advantage in battle due to tighter, denser musculature and a low center of gravity. Perfect for contact sports like wrestling or football.

I've never minded being short. Lol. Razz
    You watched DBZ? If so then, *brofists John*
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 15th 2013, 2:27 am

Look what I found while going through my computer... Apparently I made a world map for Heroes and Demons.

Discuss Anything  - Page 21 Earth_10

Giving it a good look, I think I can deduce why I did what I did.

DEMONs seem awfully powerful, maybe a little too much. In today's world, such a soldier isn't needed because there isn't any real reason to have such things. The US can just drone strike the shit outta terrorists... who probably aren't AS difficult an enemy as Nazi Germany was.

Going back to Earth Delta... looking at this map, there's a real threat to the UNPE. A threat they feel is large enough to warrant the creation of such beings.

In bright red we see what I dubbed "Fascist Germany". Obviously I didn't go with Nazi Germany because then everyone would just team up against them and I think I didn't want Heroes and Demons to be "WWII with superpowers". As you can tell, WWII didn't go THAT well for the Allies.

In "normal" red we see, what you should be able to guess by the size, the USSR in (almost) all it's glory. Russians are badass, and they were super badass when they were Commies so I figured why not bring it back. However they do play a huge role in this world. Since the Cold War was such a huge part in the stockpiling of nukes, I figured that if it continued it would have evolved into the acquisition of other things.

Think about it. With nukes, NOBODY wins and almost everybody DIES. Not much fun. However, with an army of DEMONs you could probably rolfstomp your enemies and not risk any radiation. I think that the creation of DEMONs in this type of competitive environemnt makes sense.

Then there's the yellow parts of Europe. They are basically the European Union, under a different name. They are a Confederacy, ruled by a very loose central government. "States" such as France can have very different laws than England. The main reason they are together is because Fascist Germany and the USSR are basically right next door.

In green we see Gran Colombia, which is basically just an older and larger version of Colombia. I brought it back because a lot of northern Latin American countries are really small by themselves.

The grey, brown, orange, and purple are just regular alliances. White signifies countries that are just doing their own thing (the whole world isn't out for blood Razz)

I have no files on any backstory to these nations, so I'll make it up for fun now.

Fascist Germany:

The successor state to Nazi Germany, the German people eventually overthrew Hitler because while he expanded Germany he was dividing the people within. In Earth Delta's history, German civilians stumbled across the camps where Jews were being held and rebelled. The civil war was short lived as Hitler lost a large majority of his supporters, even within the military. The might of the Wermacht and the German militias were more than a match for the SS, which had become Hitler's personal army.

A form of limited democracy was reintroduced, but the state remained predominately Fascist since all left wing political parties were banned (due to a phobia of the USSR and Communism). The German people LIKED what Hitler had done for the nation, but not for the people. So, they continue to support fascist ideas, minus the racism.

Hitler's downfall played a large role in preserving Germany's expanded state, the allied nations seeing the civil war as an act of redemption.

The USSR

The USSR in this reality did NOT collapse and has in fact survived into the modern day. Despite believing in Communism they have been forced to trade with nations and conduct business on an international level.

Stalin himself was overthrown when the Soviet people saw how the German people had overthrown Hitler. If the Fascists could do it, how could the Communists NOT? Eventually they overthrew their authoritarian leader, installing a council composed of representatives of the various areas of the USSR and a "benevolent dictator" with reduced powers.

However, the Soviets are just as patriotic as the Germans and both are quite avid supporters of their military, which obviously has put the UNPE at unease.

Oddly enough, at the end of WWII the two "agreed to disagree", each population having a certain level of respect for each other but had conflicting ideals.

Free European Confederacy:

The Free European Confederacy was formed from the surviving and liberated countries of Europe who joined together to pool their resources for rebuilding efforts.

After some time, they found this to be a mutually agreeable arrangement for many things. National defence being perhaps number one. By being a sole country, it would be easier to command one large army rather than multiple armies with multiple leaders. Needless to say, having Fascist Germany and the USSR nearby was also a motivator to join together.

Somewhat regretful of not having finished off Facsist Germany at the end of WWII, the Allied forces felt that the Germans would fully return to Democracy. The European Allied nations were also exhausted and were not sure if they could maintain the war effort for much longer.

Now the Confederacy is actively looking for ways to one up Facsist Germany.

The UNPE
    The UNPE is perhaps THE largest country in the world, rivalled only by the USSR.

It's roots lie much farther back than the previous three countries, all the way back to the colonial era. When the Thirteen colonies began the Revolution, the momentum carried through into the colonies North of New England, known as British North America.

The Quebecers were quick to join, and the rest of the British colonists were soon to follow. However, they revolted as more of a "preemptive strike". They had heard stories of what the British were doing in New England, and they were not going to wait to be next.

With the northern colonies at their aid, the colonists were soon able to rid the continent of British rule. Together they established a new country with new ideals.

For starters, the Northern colonies insisted on the abolition of slavery. The Quebecers insisted on fairer treatment of the Native population. Things such as these were taken into consideration, creating a truly multi-ethnic state and a "land of the free".

Things were looking well for the UNPE, until WWII struck. The nation was divided into helping the European nations or not. They delayed for a few months, but eventually joined with the forward thinking that someone like Hitler was not going to stop at Europe.

The UNPE played a very large role in Africa, the Pacific, and obviously Europe. However the V2 rockets the Germans had designed proved devastating, despite the sheer manpower the Allies had (the majority coming from the UNPE and the USSR).

Indeed, the German Civil War may have saved not only the German people from Hitler but the Allies from Hitler. Following WWII, the UNPE went from "emerging world power" to "superpower".
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    So that's all I got. Obviously I don't get the final way in what Earth Delta's history is, but I figured this was the best environment for meta humans to be "born" in. A tense environment that provides lots of room for military testing.

Not like it matters anymore Sad
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness September 15th 2013, 12:02 pm

Sorry guys i haven't been on much I've been focused on school right now I'll try to get back in to action soon
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 15th 2013, 1:49 pm

Eh. We could always keep going with H & D. I don't see why we shouldn't. Razz
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny September 15th 2013, 5:03 pm

Bad John wrote:Eh. We could always keep going with H & D. I don't see why we shouldn't. Razz
    Well Jesnen is gone... And we haven't heard from Vale or Morgan as of late. I'm up for it though. You?

Oh and... Angel, you up for it?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John September 15th 2013, 7:38 pm

I'm down to go. All I've been working on is Overgaze.

Getting close to the action. :D I'm looking forward to showing a more ruthless Aidan. He's talked the talk, now it's time to walk the walk.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 11:05 am