Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Doctor Jensen
It's Kruger
6 posters

Take Back New York [Community Collab]

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Take Back New York [Community Collab] - Page 2 Empty Re: Take Back New York [Community Collab]

Post  Manny February 20th 2013, 10:01 pm

Kay, but that Blaine's plan of the Legion attacking the warehouse from the side will either need to come to fruition later or be edited out. Just so we don't have a plot hole.

"Fine, I'll babysit you" Manuel said rather bitterly. Selena had convinced him it might be best if they both met the UNSC at Madison Square, considering he was familiar with the operatives in the area.

"It's not babysitting and besides, I don't see why you have to go in anyways. There's satellite imaging now, and we have Legionnaires on the ground securing various areas around the city. I'm sure they have intel on what they streets are like. No need to do everything by yourself." She reasoned.

"It's because I oversaw everything myself that the Legion had some of its most successful campaigns. Both before and after our contract with ONI, so don't tell me what I have to do" Manuel replied. Working with him, as of late, was rather unpleasant. His co-workers, subordinates really, didn't question him. He wasn't the most compassionate of bosses, even by Legion standards. Some praised him for it, others thought it was a bit much. Some simply wanted to be soldiers, others wanted to be something... More dangerous.

Of course, this divide was mainly because of the arrival of Spartan IV Legionnaires. Not being raised as warriors meant that they had softer ideals, but Manuel found that acceptable given their previous civilian lives. What he found unacceptable is they, sometimes, brought those ideals to the battlefield.

Manuel looked down at Madison Square, as the Legion Pelican descended into the LZ. The pilot, a regular human, looked back and nodded for the Legionnaires to get off. Manuel looked at him for a brief second before stepping out of the drops ship. Selena followed like his shadow, her black and yellow armour somewhat adding to the effect.

Manuel looked around and saw an friendly tag. He read the name Vance and glazed over the number. He dismissed it as a Spartan IV trying to act like a Spartan III, since most Spartan IVs went by name. He looked around, surprised that more UNSC forces hadn't arrived. If troops were needed, he'd call in Legionnaires. He's rather work with his soldiers anyways.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Take Back New York [Community Collab] - Page 2 Empty Re: Take Back New York [Community Collab]

Post  It's Kruger February 24th 2013, 7:17 am

I'm sorry I've been neglecting this Collab guys. I've been super busy, but no excuses.

Vance swept the buildings with his magnum, keeping a keen eye out for snipers or a nest as he approached Madison Square.

"I got tags." One of Vance's Marines said as they approached the Gardens.

Vance whistled loudly as he put his hands into the air, making sure there were no friendly fires or unneeded bloodshed. Vance was surprised by first wave of reinforcements. Once he checked the area for nests, Vance put his magnum on his hip and shoot Manuel's hand.

"The name's Vance. Welcome to New York." Vance laughed as he disengaged the handshake. "Private, take this and paint the area for any UNSC Drop Pods that want some action down here. If they take their own sweet time to get here, I'll set a waypoint for the Joyce a few blocks down." Vance ordered sternly to his Marines.

"Nine, any time you're ready to rally at the DZ, we're here." Vance said over his mic before turned back to Manuel and the woman behind him. "Not really much of a leader, myself. Have we met?" Vance shuffled awkwardly.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 24th 2013, 10:57 am

"Being a leader comes with experience, but not everyone can be one... Vance." Manuel felt fairly awkward calling the Spartan IV by name. He was used to calling most Spartans by their numbers, but Spartan IVs didn't have any, as far as he knew. "Damn IVs" Manuel thought.

"Anyways, no we haven't met. Manuel-324, general of Legionnaire forces. I've been sent to oversee the Freelancer and UNSC portion of the New York campaign," Manuel said getting straight to the point.

"To coordinate with Legion forces obviously." Manuel added, before stepping to the side.

Selena stepped forward to introduce herself. "Selena de Leon, Spartan IV like yourself... Except I work for the Legion."

"She's been sent along for some... 'job shadowing' if you will." Manuel replied with a fairly disapproving tone. Selena said nothing, insubordination was among one of the worst things you could do in the Legion. Perhaps the only ways to ascend was to actually earn it, or form a coup and dispose of the person who's position you wanted. She'd only ever heard of one... And it ended horribly for Manuel's would be usurpers. So she had heard.

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 24th 2013, 12:17 pm

"Is everyone alright here?" Blaine asked, turning to his Spartan IVs.

David glanced around, nodding as he did so. Producing a thumbs up, Blaine sighed with relief. Waving his hand forward, they worked their way to the waypoint that highlighted Vance's location.

Ahead of the UNSC forces stood Vance, his militia, Manuel, and some unknown Spartan. Blaine worked his way forward, his Spartans scanning the area.

"Vance. It's been a while." Blaine said. "Manny."

Manuel scoffed at Blaine's shortened version of his name.

"Who's this?" Blaine asked, producing a hand to the Spartan IV before him. "Admiral Blaine-115, UNSC."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 24th 2013, 12:35 pm

"Sel-" Manuel began.

"Selena De Leon, Spartan IV Legionnaire" the Spartan IV cut Manuel off. She shook Blaine's hand, and her handshake was surprisingly friendly. Legionnaires weren't known for that, at least not with outsiders.

"I can introduce myself" she said looking at Manuel. Manuel tilted his head ever so slightly, a hidden warning.

Manuel decided to change the topic. "You've brought Spartan IVs I see. A good amount as well, so we should be alright. When is Mr. Bailey due to arrive?" Manuel asked, hoping someone had an idea. New York was under attack and they were sitting here... Talking. Spartans were meant to fight, not converse.

"As much as I desire to have his melee abilities here, we'll have to move on eventually. New York is not going to save itself."
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 24th 2013, 12:45 pm

"And here I thought you were perceptive, Manny!!!"

Nine's voice was loudest of the Spartans, bombastic and enthusiastic as ever. He threw an arm around Manuel's shoulders. "Long time no see!" Nine was smiling ear to ear. "Sorry I didn't speak up sooner. Wanted to assess the group dynamic from over there."

Nine pointed to his cycle. He'd taken what ammo he would need, and fastened a bike lock to it.

Nine prodded Manuel in the chest plate jokingly. "I heard you brought other Legionnaires, but I didn't think you'd bring an understudy." Nine pointed to Selena.

Leaning in close, Nine looked up at Manuel with a massive, curious grin.

"So, who is she? Laaaaady friend?"

Nine moved away, laughing loudly before Manuel could shrug him off or swat him. "HAH! Manny, you dog! I didn't think you had it in you, but she's certainly a catch!" Nine offered Selena his hand. "Name's John. My number is B694. I'm Freelancer Combat Agent Nine."

The silly introduction and joking weren't the truth to Nine. Not by a long shot.

Nine gave the area a quick look around. Selena seemed tense. Manuel was shooting her some threatening messages. Blaine seemed on edge as well. Vance was understandably walking a tight-rope.

He hoped to hell that his silly intro would relieve some of the stress, or at least direct fire on him, so nobody would end up with a friendly bullet in the back.

Lol. Nine was there the whole time. He was just watching the tension build.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 24th 2013, 1:21 pm

Manuel laughed for once in... A very long time. It wasn't really a friendly laugh, he was laughing at the absurdity of John's suggestion of a lady friend. He understood the term, but Selena didn't even classify as a regular friend. Hell he hadn't even know her before the mission began.

Selena on the other was totally caught off guard by Manuel's laugh AND how casual this man was around him. She'd probably just seen something few Legionnaires ever saw. Next thing she knew she'd probably see War, or "Walter" as Manuel called him, laugh. He probably laughed like Manuel, threatening. She noticed the other people weren't as phased as her, suggesting that they had some history together. Except Vance, they just met.

She shook John's hand and introduced herself. "Selena De Leon, Spartan IV. As you can tell I work for the Legion"

She looked at Manuel, who was finishing up his laugh. Quite frankly she was more or less scared of him. Even the veteran Legionnaires gave him his space. Manuel coughed to clear his throat before speaking.

"Yes well, we should probably get moving. As I said; New York won't liberate itself." Manuel said; pulling out his rifle.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 24th 2013, 2:05 pm

"So soon?" Blaine grinned at Manuel's comment. "My boys and I brought potato salad. Y'sure you don't want to get more catch up time between old friends?"

"He is right though." Blaine nodded. "We've got a city to save. Blackout, Delta, Demon, FORM UP!"

Blaine's Spartans moved closer to the group, continuing to scan the area as they went.

"Although I think it's fair to ask for a sit-rep so that we can establish a plan of attack." Blaine said. "Nine, Vance?"
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 24th 2013, 2:53 pm

"We're taking baby steps here. Last week some of our Marines get overran at the Warehouse. With the supplies in there, the Synthetics have been able to upgrade as I've already mentioned. We're going to regain some ground, a simple and easy step one. We'll need to split up unfortunately. There are three nests where the synthetics are held out: A, B, and C. Our scouts say about ten soldiers per nest. Because they are fairly close together, any team who needs backup should be able to receive it if another team is clear. Split yourselves up into two man teams and take a few Marines with you. Sound good?"
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 3rd 2013, 12:44 pm

So I moved this to Community Collabs because... That's pretty much what it is.

Manuel didn't like Vance's suggestion but he wasn't in charge here. The Legion was more of a "leaps and bounds" force, taking entire areas by force and speed. It was why Walter, and Manuel, were fans of the Blitzkreig tactic. However they lacked air support, so it couldn't be executed properly. Although with enough mobile heavy firepower, such as rocket hogs, Manuel figured they could somewhat replicate it, although not quite as gracefully. In an ideal world, they would go with the Blitzkreig. Take the entrenched enemy by surprise, penetrate before they had a chance to set up a full defence, and infiltrate the warehouse. But this wasn't an ideal world.

"We'll take the farthest one out," Manuel gestured to Selena and himself. He then gestured towards Blaine's Spartan IVs.

"But two man Spartan teams? Vance, we have more than enough Spartan IVs to spare. We could probably go for three or even four man teams leading some Marines," Manuel suggested. Selena nodded, agreeing with his suggestion. She'd also like to work with someone who wasn't Manuel, or at least have someone else there to make the situation more comfortable. She could tell he had a problem with Spartan IVs. He hid it well, but she could tell. She'd never seen him talk towards a Spartan II or III the way he did towards her.

"If anything goes wrong, and for whatever reason there isn't any back up... Head for the sewers" Selena added.

"They're practically infested with Black Gaurd. Don't worry, they won't bite. We brought the tame ones" she announced. Manuel was somewhat annoyed with her giving away such information liberally, but there wasn't anything totally wrong with it. The UNSC, the Freelancers, and the Legion were all allies... Despite the friction caused in the methods used to achieve the same goal.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 3rd 2013, 1:30 pm

In church, so I may not be so fast on the reply today.

Vance looked at Manuel, realizing the extent of his capabilities. If he was anything like what Vance had heard about him, there'd be a possibility for trouble.

"I'd suggest staying calm and accepting the help. He wouldn't have a problem snapping your neck."

"Well thanks." Vance said, everyone looked at him like he was talking to himself.

"No problem."

"Anyways, I like that. Yeah, teams of three or four leading Marine teams. We don't have many Jarheads to spare, so keep it tight and hit 'em hard. Nine, Myself, and Maura and Charlie company, with me to A. Manuel's team, hit C, it's farthest. Blaine, you take a team and hit B. I'll link the map of the city to your HUDs. Any other suggestions?"

Vance was never a good leader, but he was assigned CO status due to his experience with the enemy. No one other than him and Nine understood the enemy more. It was extremely stressful.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 3rd 2013, 11:06 pm

Manuel surveyed the marines, looking for something. He wanted hardened Marines, the kind that had lived through the Great War. The kind that wouldn't be so quick to sympathize with the former Covenant species. The kind that would be best suited for the Legion's method of warfare.

Of course, if they sympathized with Elites didn't matter in this situation because they were fighting synthetic soldiers, NOT sapient beings. However, if they were hardened against sapient beings then they would have no problem with the Legion's brutality towards synthetic soldiers. In other words, they wouldn't go off and rattle their mouths. Manuel had no idea if any of these soldiers were closely linked with Nine or Blaine, whom would waste no time in questioning his tactics... Even on the battlefield. He'd only recently met Vance so he doubted the Spartan IV would care what he was like these days.

Manuel found a squad of grizzled Marines that seemed alright to him. The Spartan looked over him:

"You, you're coming with me, soldier. Name?"

"Sargent Folely sir!" The soldier gave him a crisp salute. Manuel nodded in return.

"I'm going to need some Spartan IVs as well..." Manuel said, eyeing the Spartans that had accompanied Blaine.

"Any recommendations Adimiral?" Manuel asked.

Last edited by Manny on March 3rd 2013, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 3rd 2013, 11:25 pm

Writing in church? I feel that Broseidon.

Last edited by Doctor Jensen on March 4th 2013, 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 3rd 2013, 11:56 pm

Okay, but you'll have to go searching in Reclaimers: Salvation on the old Halo Database to get the list of each Spartan in each team. It's easy for me to remember that Blackout is Naomi, David, and two others that I'll have to reference myself to.

"Blackout, you're with me. Delta, you guys go with Manny's group. Demon, you're with Nine and Vance." Blaine barked, as the Spartans divided themselves among the group. "Blackout and I will take the one marked 'B'. Anything else we should know?"

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 4th 2013, 6:28 pm

You mean this list? I found the "first" one, which is really the last one. Feel free to edit the information accordingly.

Demon

Damon

Angela*

Taylor 'Dutch' Miles

Felicia*

Delta

Frederik 'Fred'

Keith

Samantha 'Sam'

Elena

Blackout

David*

Naomi*

Anne

Heather

*'d Spartans are Blaine's IVs. Go ahead and develop the characters some more, I really don't have any set in stone except for a few not on this list.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 4th 2013, 10:09 pm

That's the list.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 5th 2013, 12:37 am

Nine raised his eyebrow at Demon company.

Capable Spartans. Every last one of them. They were teeming with strength and intelligence fierce enough to match his own.

But none of them, not ONE, could match his experience. Nine observed the fact with neither pride, nor prejudice. It was simple fact that the small group were no match for him.

Nine watched Maura approach. He perked up. "MAURA! You're just in time for the briefing!"

Maura snorted. "Shit. What'd I miss?"

"I'm going to scout ahead." Nine grinned, and hefted his weapon onto his shoulder.

Dutch looked around, confused. "Copy that...but what do WE do?"

Maura knew the trick well enough to be wary. "Nine. NO. Take your squad with you. Do NOT engage the enemy alone."

"Sorry. Can't hear you. Scouting. Demon...hold your position and wait for my signal."

Maura looked at Demon company. "Don't listen to that order. Stay RIGHT behind him or he'll ditch you and try to do his job without yo-"

Dutch pointed behind Maura. "He's already gone."

Maura whirled around, and Nine was already sprinting towards the objective.

Nine agreed with Manuel's tactic. Blitzkrieg was simply the best way to go. However, without air support, he intended to do it the Freelancer way. Apache style warfare. Find out the enemy's objective, and keep them from it at all costs.

And harass the shit out of them with every bullet you have.

After running a few blocks, Nine couldn't hear Maura's outraged shouts. Instead, he could hear the steady footsteps and low grunts of the enemy's patrols. He was closer to the objective now than he was to UNSC territory.

"I'm in position to attack." Nine whispered into his communications array. "Demon company...plus Maura, move in and be ready. I don't feel like waiting up. I won't need help against these guys. They're pretty wimpy and slow."

S.C.A.R. update.

Demon Company, prepare for immediate combat.

Spartan Maura, prepare for immediate combat.

Spartan Nine, observe and report until first strike is made.

All other units, prepare for immediate combat.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 5th 2013, 2:25 pm

There somewhere I can jump in? I figure I can add a bit to this and I'd stay with it. So if that works, someone just lemme know.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 6th 2013, 10:16 pm

Manuel looked at Delta squad, somewhat unimpressed. Soldiers with augments, that's all they were. Not warriors, not Spartans.

Regardless he had to work with the Marines he'd chosen and these "Spartans".

"Alright Delta, let's move out. We can do whatever talking that needs to be done on the way," Manuel said, turning to leave. He began to walk at a quick pace, trying to not run and leave the Marines behind. Unlike Nine, Manuel used all assets available. He was a tactical thinker, and despite whatever misgivings he had about his fellow soldiers, he had to trust them with things within their capabilities.

Selena fell back in the group, walking alongside the other Spartan IVs.

"What's his deal? He seems kinda... Moody," one Spartan replied.

"Is he always like that?" He asked, turning to Selena.

"I have no idea. From what I've heard, I suppose so. That's about all I know..." Selena trailed off, unware of his name.

"Frederic, 'Fred' for short," he replied.

"I'm Selena. So whose in the rest of your squad?"

"Oh, right. Well this here is 'Sam' next to me. Keith next to her, and Elena at the far end. That's all there is to Delta squad. You guys a two man team?" Fred nodded towards Manuel.

"For now we are. We've never worked together before. Apparently I'm supposed to learn something from him. Not sure what. He usually works with large amounts of infantry, rarely with a squad," Selena answered.

"Weird. It does explain his whole 'I'm the boss' attitude. Anyways, did you see the intel on these synthetic soldiers?" Fred asked.

"Yep. They look creepy, but we'll be fine I think. We got six Spartans and a squad of Marines. Unless we run into a bunch those huge ones, we'll make it out," Selena replied.

The group abruptly stopped and the two Spartan IVs stepped up the front of the group to see what was going on. They were close to the nest; only about a block away.

Manuel and the marines were crouched down low behind some cars. Keith waved frantically at the duo to get to the pick up truck he was hiding behind.

"What's going on Keith?" Fred asked.

"Two of the big ones showed. I guess they're on patrol or something. Tall, dark, and scary over there is hatching a plan. Maybe you should ask him what it is," Keith said, looking at Selena. Selena nodded and made her way to Manuel. She could almost feel an aura of... Malice. Like he WANTED to get into a fight with these things and win.

But he obviously smarter than that. If he wasn't, he'd have run in there guns blazing.

"Got a plan?" Selena whispered. The things were still roaming around, looking for something.

"The Marines will head on over to that warthog across the intersection over there, and then use the turret to destroy the things. Delta squad will cover them and keep the things at bay," Manuel paused.

"And us?" Selena asked.

"We'll be stealthy as always. Mess with them, until the Marines can finish them off. Stealth has offensive value as well," Manuel replied, repeating the plan into his coms so that Delta Squad and the Marines knew what the plan was and the cue. He didn't receive any objections so Manuel didn't ask for suggestions.

Manuel nodded at the Sargent before cloaking, Selena cloaking a split second after. The two Legionnaires headed out into the street, ready to do battle.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 7th 2013, 1:58 pm

I may be out of commission for a while if a certain PC doesn't work when I get back. I'll only be able to update once or twice a day if it doesn't work. John will be in charge under my off-screen orders if I am unavailable. Sorry.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 7th 2013, 2:17 pm

Yeah, so if I could get an answer to my question... that'd be nice.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 7th 2013, 2:20 pm

Yes. Just drop your character in where-ever appropriate. The more the merrier, Jensenny.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 7th 2013, 2:39 pm

Gracias John.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 7th 2013, 2:49 pm

No problem. Sorry I didn't answer you sooner. On the days that I'm awake long enough to accomplish anything, I'm either working or have my head gleefully rammed up my rectum.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 7th 2013, 7:32 pm

Eh, not your fault. Sometimes I have my head up my ass as well. Smells like shit.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 10:19 pm