Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Doctor Jensen
It's Kruger
6 posters

Take Back New York [Community Collab]

It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Take Back New York [Community Collab] Empty Take Back New York [Community Collab]

Post  It's Kruger February 14th 2013, 1:13 am

In-between the events of Halo 4 and Spartan Ops, a terrorist attack on New York city brought a Freelancer/UNSC frigate down on the city. With synthetic soldiers gunning up the remnants of the city; hope remains. Write your character's entrance into the story: Be it on the frigate during the crash or as reinforcements that come a week later.

The collab will take place just after Spartan reinforcements have been sent into the city.

We will use a system I liked that was kinda forgotten a while back. Inventory of your posts would be nice. Third person omniscient perspective, and keep it ever so clean.

I'll update you on the missions and progress as they go.

See you on the field Spartans.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Take Back New York [Community Collab] Empty Re: Take Back New York [Community Collab]

Post  Doctor Jensen February 14th 2013, 3:39 pm

I'm gonna do third person limited. That alright?

And what do you mean "inventory your posts?"
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Take Back New York [Community Collab] Empty Re: Take Back New York [Community Collab]

Post  Manny February 14th 2013, 3:40 pm

The Legion will protect Humanity... Even from itself.

Manuel will go in, alone perhaps. Perhaps with some disposable Black Guard. The original zombie-like guys.

Not planning on bringing Argonous this time around. He's got issues with the Sangheili, as the two species are at war. Right after 2553, there was still a chance for peace. In the year 2555 or 2556, it seems unlikely. Argonous doesn't hate, but he has to protect his home world. It's the only home he's got.

I might bring in a new Spartan, I dunno. I don't feel collabs are the best place to bring in new characters.

The only certain character is Manuel.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 14th 2013, 3:42 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:I'm gonna do third person limited. That alright?

And what do you mean "inventory your posts?"
    What is third person limited? Like lookin over the charcter's shoulder?

Oh and inventory posts are like...

Manuel threw a grenade at the Brutes, killing them all.

Inventory:
    Grenades: 1

Like that.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 14th 2013, 3:45 pm

Sounds good. By inventroy, I mean like we did back a while ago.

WRITER COMMENT HERE

Example Inventory

MA5K- 12 Clips
    M6C Magnum- 5 Clips
    Combat Knife- Broken
    Armor: Damaged 67% capability
    Med Kit- 3
    Thruster Packs
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 15th 2013, 12:31 am

Let's go.

Agent Nine Inventory

M7 SMG - 12 Clips
    M6G SOCOM Magnum - 5 Clips
    Combat Knife
    Gen 2 Mjolnir (OvAr)
    HardLight Shield

Status- Combat Ready
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 15th 2013, 1:11 pm

Dropping the hammer

Blaine's Inventory

M395 DMR- 10 Mags
    M6D PDWS Pistol- 5 Mags
    Cold Steel Combat Knife
    Med Kit- 5 Kits
    Gen 2 Mjolnir
    Promethean Vision

Status- Ready for insertion
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr February 15th 2013, 3:03 pm

Mercs Up

Agent Maryland's inventory

SRS 99-S5: 10 mags
    M6D SOCOM: 7 mags
    Flashbangs: 3
    Frag Grenades: 3
    Medkit
    K-BAR Combat knife
    Gen 2 Mjolinr Armor
    Promethean Vision

It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 15th 2013, 5:04 pm

Alright, this starts once Manny logs in. Be ready to put boots on the ground.

Vance's Inventory:

M45D Tactical Shotgun- 30 Shells
    M6H Magnum- 12 Mags
    Frag Grenades- 2
    Combat Knife
    Gen-2 Mjolnir (UppCu)
    Hardlight Shield
    Status- Helmet destroyed; awaiting reinforcements on the ground.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Take Back New York [Community Collab] Empty Legionnaire Entrance

Post  Manny February 15th 2013, 8:32 pm

Manuel-324
    Yup, the tired and true Legionnaire General is here.
    Weapons:
    MA5C-BR55 Hybrid Rifle: 50 bullets
    MA5C-BR55 Extended Mags: 12 (600 bullets)

Fully Auto Magnum: 20 bullets
    Magnum Extended Mags: 10 (200 bullets)

Energy Trident

8 Frag Grenades (belt)

Serrated Combat Knife

Armour Ability: Active Camo

Equipment: TACPAD, VISR

Armour: MJOLNIR Mark VII/Black hybrid + upgrades

Spartan IV Selena De Leon
    A Spartan IV who is excellent at stealth and assassinations. Parts of the city has been overrun so stealthy operatives are a plus. She has potienital to be one of the greatest assassins in the Legion, but she lacks experience. So War's partnered her with Manuel on this mission.

Weapons:
    Silenced DMR - 14 bullets
    Silenced DMR Mags - 20 (280 bullets)

ODST SMG: 48
    ODST SMG Mags: 10 (480 bullets)

Combat Knife

8 frag grenades - belt

Armour Ability: Active camo

Equipment: UGPS, VISR

Armour: MJOLNIR Gen II

Sorry about the new character, but with no Argonous this time around I still felt the need for a secondary character to hang around. It'd also provide Manuel with someone to talk to when not in the company of other people's characters.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 18th 2013, 6:45 pm

Alright, let's do this.

The UNSC frigate above New York City didn't dare to gleam too close to the city. The synthetic soldiers controlled the A.A. Turrets throughout the city that were powerful enough to protect the city during the war. 

Spartans, Marines, and Army alike were circled around a panel, awaiting the hologram to appear.

The Spartan before them wore no helmet, had obvious damage to his armor, and just seemed pissed. 

"Hi." He said, a little awkwardly. 

"Hi" everybody replied at once.

"Okay, onto the business. I'm down here, planet-side, with more than a few Freelancers. We had this under control for the past few months; the enemy wasn't all that impressive. Well, the reason we called for backup is because they're changing. They control what's left of an ONI warehouse, and there's no chance of fending them off with just the few of us.

First off: the enemy. They are stronger than your average man, but they die fairly easily; bullets work as well as anything else you can find. Now, they've got some sort of ranking system now. 

This is called a soldier:" Vance's hologram disappeared, a snow-white skinned, wrinkled face, red eyed, lightly armored "man" appeared before them. 

"They are what we were fighting thus far, but Agent Nine fought one of these bad boys yesterday:" a picture, probably from a helmet cam appeared on the screen. It was similar to a soldier, but heavily armored and holding a turret with on had and a large blade in the other. It appeared as though it had scrap metal welded to it's chest for armor. 

"It takes either a few dozen rockets to it's chest, or a few well-placed shots to it's helmet until you hit the face. We're up for suggestions for a name." Vance said, sarcastically.

With no introduction, the next picture appeared: a more slender soldier, a small blade on it's back and a magnum in it's hand. 

"This is like an assassin. It's invisible half the time and fast all the time. One tried to slit my throat while I was sleeping. I've never seen Jorge shoot something in half so quickly. They die fairly easy if you can see it. Keep eyes open for them at all times down here. Next is the Guardian." 

An image of a fairly large soldier came up. It held a hardlight shield with it's left and a magnum in it's right. A large backpack stuck out in the image. 

"They are capable of healing damaged soldiers to a point. Because frags are in short supply down here, we recommend hitting their feet. Just sayin.

Lastly, they have generals. Wrath and Envy. They're high-functioning Smart A.I. that were given high powered bodies. They go by Envy and Wrath. DO NOT expect to be able to face them one-on-one and succeed. You do that, you'll be dead. If there are no questions, I'll see you on the ground. Vance out. 
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 18th 2013, 9:33 pm

>>>S.C.A.R. (Sierra Combat Allocation Report) online.

Dispensing orders.

Spartan Blaine, report planetside for duty. Prepare UNSC ground Combat response.

Spartan Linda, prepare Freelancer ground combat response.

Spartan Manuel, prepare yourself.

Spartan/Agent Maryland, report planet-side for duty.

Spartan Vance, receive light repair, and prepare for combat.

Spartan Selena, report to Spartan Manuel. Await Legion specific orders.

Spartan Lucy, prepare for combat.

Spartan John, prepare for Recovery Protocols and combat.

Spartan Jorge, prepare for combat.

Spartan Maura, report to nearest encampment for Mjolnir repairs.

We thank you for your service and cooperation.

Good luck, Spartans.

Nine tucked his helmet under his arm, as he checked the fuel of his lightweight vehicle.

"Good. Reinforcements. I'm not sure if we could have BEGGED for better. Not only is BLAINE joining the fight, but Manny's here too. Even Maryland showed."

Nine smiled and leaned back against a warthog.

"Things are about to turn around."

>>>TRANSMISSION INTERCEPTED.

"You hear that, Envy? They're taking us seriously."

"All units. Prepare to attack. All opposing Spartan Teams are to be CUT DOWN. Do not fail."

"Heh heh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

>>>Transmission terminated.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 18th 2013, 9:50 pm

Manuel stood at the back of a briefing, mainly because the S.C.A.R had told him to prepare himself. So he was, by seeing what intel there was on the enemy. He hated not know of what the enemy was.

"Synthetic soldiers? Someone's taken a page from the Legion's handbook." Manuel raised his eyebrows in surprise at the thought. It was a shame he had no Black Guard here, it would have an excellent opportunity to compare them against what could be considered their peers.

Manuel listened in silence as he always did, taking note of the differences between each class of synthetic soldier. It reminded Manuel of the stages of Black Gaurd: feral, orgainized, refined... Except these were different in more than just mental abilities.

If he could, Manuel would have brought back the creator of these soldiers to the Legion. They could use someone like him, or her, to relieve Pestilence of Black Guard maintenance. War would probably be able to bribe military and civilian officials to look the other way. He'd done it before, so Manuel couldn't see why he couldn't do it again. Well the mission hadn't begun yet, so of was still possible. Humanity needed all the soldiers it could get.

"Wierd huh?" a voice whispered to Manuel, an elbow prodding his bicep.

It was Selena De Leon, a Spartan IV Legionnaire. Manuel found the mere combination of the terms Legionnaire and Spartan IV repulsive. Unlike the previous Legionnaires, the Spartan IVs were more or less hired into the Legion. Of course they had to pass rigorous exams and training, but it simply didn't amount to a lifetime of training. For that reason alone, they were inferior. The UNSC could do what it liked, but the Legion had to uphold its status for quality fighters.

It was one of the few things Manuel had openly discussed, even argued, with War about. War said he understood his concerns but he felt he could transform the IVs into proper Legionnaires. What did he know? Had Manuel been in charge, such a thing would have never happened.

However, here he was with a Spartan IV prodding him as if they were on good terms. They weren't, and she would find out.

"Nothing we haven't seen before" Manuel said, referring the Black Gaurd.

"Still... They look creepy" she replied.

"Scared?" Manuel asked.

"No" She was getting defensive.

"Good" Manuel cut of the conversation there. The Freelancer Vance winked out of existence and left the gathered troops without any clear instructions on how to deploy. Manuel decided to change that.

"Alright people how are we doing this? Spartans drop in via drop prods and clear an LZ by the ONI warehouse. Then the rest of you descend in Pelicans and we take the building?" Manuel asked.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 18th 2013, 10:56 pm

"On sight Spartans, report to stations for insertion to drop pods." The ships Captain commanded as the hologram faded. "All Marines report to the hangar for immediate insertion via Pelican."
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 18th 2013, 11:02 pm

Blaine stood in front of the Infinity's best and brightest, his Spartan IVs. The Infinity, which was one of the ships nearing the city, had recently linked up with the remainder of the fleet. His orders from S.C.A.R were to the point, Agent Nine and Vance needed the UNSC's help. Clenching his fists by his sides, Blaine paced back and forth, the three squads he had lined up to take part in the resurgence. Blackout, Demon, and Delta were stuck in crisp salutes.

"Spartans, I have hand picked you for a mission that, regrettably, will not be an easy one to survive. You have been selected because I have faith that each and every one of you will do what needs to be done." Blaine paused, looking with a heavy heart towards Naomi and David, who stood the tallest of them. "Men I have served with in the past have called upon me to help them in their hour of need. Men that I would risk my neck to save, and men who would risk theirs to save mine."

"What I ask of you is not an easy task, but if you can pull this off, you will be heroes. If you should die on this mission, you will be known throughout history as the Spartans that sacrificed everything to ensure the good of the Human race." Blaine sighed, continuing his pace, getting bolder and stronger in his voice as he went. "The enemy is cold, metallic. They have no feelings, they feel no pain, but if there is one thing I can be sure of; we WILL make sure by the end of this that they do. AM I RIGHT SPARTANS?!"

"Sir yes sir!" They barked back.

"Damn straight! Now get yer kits ready, we drop into Madison Square Gardens in ten." Blaine barked, grasping his DMR off of his back, smacking a fresh magazine into the chamber. "Let's bring our boys home."

"What of the other fire teams?" Sarah Palmer asked.

"Send Crimson, Castle, Majestic, and Apex to Grand Central Station. We need them to prevent any and all means of transport for the enemy cut off." Blaine turned. "Send Foxtrot, Epsilon, Athens, Bravo, and Gamma to Broadway, that street is immense, and could prove as a way of cutting off their means of escape." Blaine paused.

"My Spartans and I will drop in to Madison Square Garden and push our way to the ONI Warehouse where we believe Vance and Nine are taking refuge. If we can link up with them, we can better assess the situation. Make contact with Manuel and his Legionaires, I want them making the biggest push for the building on the immediate flank."

I dunno where the warehouse will be, but yes. The UNSC's Spartans are dropping in SOEIV pods, and the Legion will follow up soon after.

I know it's short, but I need to sleep, work tomorrow.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 19th 2013, 2:52 am

Nine mounted his vehicle, a small motorbike designed to move fast through urban environments. He preferred the stability of a mongoose, but he was no stranger to using a motorcycle.

The only objectively "kind" thing Mendez had ever done for him was teach him to ride a bike. Even THEN it was laced with military training, and smothered in cruelty.

Nine had several necessary weapons strapped to the sides and back. Charges. A sniper rifle. Ammunition. Even a rail-gun.

Nine checked his magnum and his sub-machine gun. Both were filled to the brim with ammo. Each bullet a gift for his victims.

>>>Connection Established.

F.A. 9: This is Agent Nine to Agents Five and Seven. Do you read me?

F.A. 7: Hey, John.

F.A. 9: Good to hear from you. Lucy find anything interesting, Maura?

F.A. 7: She's in the zone right now. She's denying access to a small banking facility. I'm with Vance. He just got repaired. Linda wants you to give Lucy and assist and run interference.

F.A. 9: Just tell me where I need to go, Maura.

F.A. 7: Hit 'em from behind. They have a small base not far from her. If you hit that, they'll probably double back to secure it. It'd give Linda enough time to send in EVAC, and Lucy can get out of dodge and head to her next objective. You got that?

F.A. 9: No problem.

F.A. 7: Great. Maura out.

F.A. 9: See you soon.
    Nine kicked up dust as his rear wheels peeled at the pavement. Soon he was rocketing through the streets towards his objective.

He could faintly hear sniper-rifle fire. Lucy's calling-card.

The sound grew louder as he turned a corner, riding through an alley. His foot clipped a garbage can, sending its dented frame rolling down the street.

Nine could see them. Synthetic Soldiers.

Their backs were to him, but he could smell them. The smell of waxy, salty flesh. He could hear their gruff orders. The scratchy, ever-so inhuman barks of men built only to fight.

Nine popped the pin on a firebomb, and threw it.

The blaze engolfed the flank and leg of one of the soldiers. The enemy turned to engage him, but he was simply too fast on his bike. Nine drew his magnum and fired two rounds. The shots took one of the low ranking soldiers in the head and throat. They were tough, but they died just as well with armor piercing rounds.

The plan was a slight success already. The soldiers turned and engaged him as he zagged down the street, his engine purring quietly as he moved towards their base.

Status- In combat. Approaching enemy base on a diversionary operation.

Last edited by Bad John on February 19th 2013, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 19th 2013, 6:57 pm

"Nine is running interference." Maura walked into the room, Vance cleaning his shotgun.

"Sounds nice. ETA on our reinforcements at Madison Square?" Vance looked up formally.

"Just a few minutes before they begin re-entry." Maura folded her arms and tilted her head to the side a little bit, annoyed that Vance wasn't as antagonistic as the two usually were.

"I'll take some Marines and meet them there, keep it as low profile as possible; link me up on channel with Nine." Vance half-ordered, not really sure if rank really mattered anymore. They all just wanted off of this crapsack.

"Yeah, I'll do that." Maura picked up a small ear-bud radio and tuned it to their channel, throwing it to Vance.

"Keep in touch." Vance winked and smirked as he cocked his now clean and rebuilt shotgun and walked out of the room.

With a circular motion with his hand and an index finger into the air, Vance silently ordered his squad of surviving marines with him as he ventured to the Madison Square Gardens. The Marines, of course, had trouble keeping up with Vance, it was even worse with the rough and destroyed terrain.

Eventually, Vance's hand was almost thrown into the air in a fist, telling the marines to hold up.

"Take it slow." Vance pointed up at a large building leaned over them that had crashed into it's neighbor in the initial impact. The rumble and constant streams of falling dirt gave the Spartan no confidence in the building's stability.

They moved slowly underneath the building, an act that became all to familiar with them having to go through this street every time they ran recon. It unsettling every time.

"We're clear of the leaner. Nine, get to the DZ at Madison Square once your interference it done. We're making the big hit today." Vance ordered as he began moving fast again to the Drop Zone.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 19th 2013, 8:08 pm

"Got it." Nine acknowledged Vance's objective as he focused on riding. The enemy was indeed doubling back to catch him.

After all the A.I. he'd helped kill, he was a priority target for them, whether he liked it or now.

Nine hit the breaks, his cycle screeching loudly as he came to a halt, and jetted away. The synthetic soldiers sounded much further away in mere seconds, their bullets fading from loud impacts around him to soft, distant pings.

"Alright, I lost 'em." Nine smiled. He could see the waypoint of a friendly Pelican. He'd succeeded in buying enough time for the banking structure to be evacuated.

"I'm en route to the Drop Zone." Nine rode slower and more carefully. There was no point in crashing and snapping his neck during a simple ride.

While the circumstances were far from ideal, he always enjoyed driving.

Nine hit the brakes, as he approached Madison Square. He checked and reloaded his weapons, his guns holstered. He looked around for friendlies. Vance was approaching.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 19th 2013, 8:23 pm

"This is Sierra-115 aboard the UNSC Infinity to ground team." Blaine said into the comm. his fire-team's loading into their respective SOEIV pods. "We're dropping in pronto, keep your heads down! The Cavalry has arrived!"

Blaine nodded to Palmer, who pressed a sequence of buttons to initiate an orbital drop.

"Spartans, when we drop, we shall let the ground around our enemy's feet quake! We will let them now that today is a bad day to be a synthetic on our land! TODAY, WE BRING THESE BASTARDS TO HELL!" Blaine barked. "WE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT GOING TO HELL, WE MAKE SURE IT'S CROWDED WHEN WE GET THERE!!"

With that, the SOEIV pods shot out of the Infinity, which in itself was a spectacle. From a person on the ground's view, the largest ship in the UNSC fleet had just rained down a multitude of comets, each with a hyper lethal super soldier in each one.

"Adjust yer headings!" Blaine ordered, moving the piloting stick in front of him. "Aim dead center! Avoid Vance and all his allied troops."

"Uploading their locations to your H.U.D now Admiral." Roland, the Infinity's AI, stated.

Broadcasting Vance and his troops locations along his three fire teams, Blaine's troops corrected their course, as the remainder of the fire-team's pods shot down at Broadway. Dust filled the air as the multiple pods struck tarmac, cracking the sidewalk directly beside Madison Square Garden. Their hatches popped open, and the Spartans surveyed the area. Blaine brought his DMR up, scanning the area for any signs of allied of hostile life.

Ahead, Blaine's H.U.D highlighted Agent Nine. Raising an arm, Blaine and his men made a sweep in the direction of Nine in an attempt to keep any overlooking personnel oblivious to John's location.

"This is Sierra-115. Fire-teams Blackout, Delta, and Demon have landed."

"All teams have deployed successfully Admiral. Minor casualties. A few from Foxtrot didn't make the drop. The necessary retrieval of their bodies will take place when the immediate area and AA guns in the city are cleared. "

Blaine clenched his fists. It was a successful drop, but there were a few Spartans who risked their lives, only for nothing. As Blaine had promised, he would see to it that they were marked as Spartans who sacrificed themselves for the good of mankind.

"Making our way to you Nine." Blaine said to John's direct communique. "My men and I will link up with you, wait for your militia to arrive, and Manuel's party to follow up."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 19th 2013, 8:32 pm

The Big Hit? Can we go Blitzkreig, Legion Style? Oh and are we supposed to keep this small or do we bring large amount of NPCs (e.g. Marines, ODSTs, etc) since we ARE liberating an entire city... so should I bring in more people? The Freelancers are in full force and so are Blaine's Spartans...

Manuel walked away from the group and went into a hangar, Selena behind him. They boarded a pelican and off they went to dock in the newly arrived Legion Frigate. From here they would coordinate with Legion tacticians and decide how best to balance the Legion's desires with the UNSC's objectives.

As Selena piloted the pelican, War's hologram popped up on his TACPAD.

"324, I trust the briefing was useful?" He said.

"Indeed" Manuel simply said.

"Yes well, I'll have you know that the sewer systems are secure. With the synthetic soldiers around, I didn't want the Black Guard being mistaken for the enemy. So, they've secured the sewers to force the enemy to fight above ground, where our allies can take care of them." War stopped to allow Manuel to contemplate this.

"And us? The Legionnaires?" Manuel asked. There was a difference between being a Black Guard and being a Legionnaire. Black Guard were canon fodder.

"I want you and Selena on recon. Scout out the immediate area around the ONI warehouse. Admiral Blaine has requested our aide in attacking the building's flank. I suggest we do a Blitzkreig, but I'll have to consult ONI and the UNSC. There may something of worth..." War trailed off.

"Like the people behind these synthetic soldiers. If we could enlist their aid, they could liberate Pestilence of Black Guard maintenance." Manuel said. Selena said nothing, she simply piloted the Pelican into the Legion frigate.

"Actually we may need someone to drop down to Madison Square to coordinate with the UNSC. Figure it out between you two" War said before blinking out of existence.

"Alright, you may want to head over to Madison Square and tell me the details of what's going on. I'll do recon on the warehouse" Manuel said.

"... My speciality is stealth and I've had little to no contact with these Freelancers. I think it would be best if you went." Selena countered.

"You'll be heading to Madison Square, and treat the Freelancers as you would with the UNSC. Distant and professionally. Nothing more. You're not there to make friends." Manuel said, ignoring her point.

"...Fine" Selena said. There wasn't much she could say against the Legion's second in command. She'd heard stories about him. How he wasn't afraid to turn on his subordinates if he saw it necessary. She heard that someone tried to take his place once, and that he killed them. A scary thought indeed.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr February 19th 2013, 9:19 pm

Maryland got her orders loud and clear through the comm link and prepped herself. She put her helmet on her head, the ends of her long brown hair partially sticking out from underneath it. She readied her weapon, a standard UNSC Sniper Rifle with a few slight modifications.

Blue tipped bullets indicated Armor Piercing rounds, a few red tipped incendiary rounds would make quick work of any pesky groups on enemies. Her SOCOM pistol hung on her left thigh, silenced and stealthy, just they way she liked it. Placing her rifle on her back, she walked over to her re-entry pod and stepped inside. As the door closed, she pulled up her AI Liz.

"Liz, status down below." She said.

Her AI appeared into her VisR, a female smart class AI, colored Red. "Form what I gather we have three assets already on ground. Vance, Maura and Agent Nine. John is a bit further from the action running interference. Vance is en route to meet up with us."

A large jerk let the agent know that the pod was released from the ship above, and what a rough and bumpy ride ensued.

"Uhh Mary, we have a problem." Liz said about halfway into the decent. "I'm picking up a transmission, something...AI its....."

>>>Incoming transmission
    Did you really think stopping us would be that easy. I can't just let you waltz in here uninvited!

Mary felt a large shudder and a secondary jerk, her air brake deployed, but this was far too high. As soon as the speed brake was fully deployed, it was ripped off the pod. It screamed towards Earth, helpless, and showing no signs of stopping.

"I cant control the pod anymore!" Liz shouted. "Brace for impact in 5....4....3...2!"

CRASH!!!!!!!

The pod slammed into a partially collapsed building which was precariously leaning upon another. Skidding through several floors of the building, it finally came to rest embedded into one of the few intact support pillars of the building. The door hissed steam and was shot off as Agent Maryland tumbled out. As she slowly got to her feet, she felt the building under her begin to shake.

"Liz, whats going on?" She asked as she pulled her rifle off her back. Before an answer was reached, another shudder was felt, and finally, the building began to collapse. Mary ran, trying to avoid being hit by any debris, but only came the the sheer edge of the building. Fearing the worst, she made the jump, with the remnents of the skyscraper following close behind.

She barely had time to hit the ground before the building hit. A mangled mass of concrete and steel feel around the lone spartan. She blacked out.

When she woke, a few rays of daylight ere peeking through the crack in the rubble around her. Her visor was cracked, but luckly, her weapons remained intact. She called out on her com link for assistance from any and assests in her area. Then she looked down, her arm was bleeding, and so was her leg, she would need some help to get out from under the rubble.

Visor cracked
    Armor Status: 65%, damage taken from fall and building
    Injuries: Cut arm and leg, nothing major
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 20th 2013, 12:37 am

"Feh. REPAIRS?"

Maura admired her armor. It was brand new before the skirmish in New York.

Her War-Master helmet's grey visor had small pits and rivets in its dull surface. Her right gauntlet had burn marks from an explosion that licked her arm.

"Fuck that. I JUST broke my armor in."

Maura casually surveyed the field as she patrolled. The UNSC was gaining footholds. Nine was on his way to the Drop Zone for an Op.

S.C.A.R. Update.

This is an all points bulletin for any nearby responders. Agent Maryland has encountered complications in route to planetside.

Any available Spartans, retrieve her at all costs, and have her report to the Drop Zone.

End of Update.

Maura's interest piqued.

"This is Spartan Maura. I'm en route to assist Maryland."

Maura began her trip cautiously. She was venturing out of UNSC controlled ground. She could see a waypoint not far away.

She shouldered her battle rifle.

Synthetic Soldiers. They were en route to Maryland as well.

Maura grinned. "Can't abide that."

Maura moved out of cover and fired from the hip.

A natural pleasure seeker, she enjoyed the bursts of the battle rifle. They way it shuddered up her arms as she held it steady. The way her trigger finger feathered each bullet out with patient timing.

The feeling of watching her shots connect.

The soldiers, simple-minded creatures, turned to engage her. She fired another burst, then moved into cover. She drew her sidearm, a silver m6d. She turned the corner, her battle rifle in her free hand, and fired again.

Her shots didn't miss once. She landed a headshot, toppling one of the soldiers.

Another made the mistake to engage up-close.

Maura turned and swung her battle rifle, battering its jawbone to pieces.

A second attempted to gun-butt Maura. She dropped her rifle and wrapped her powerful right arm around its neck. With a grim, strong squeeze, she broke its neck.

Maura stood alone, approaching Maryland, who was buried underneath a fair pile of rubble.

"HEY. You alright?" Maura approached, her hands on her hips. "They're making this place look more like Detroit than New York, am I right?"

Maura began digging, tossing blocks of concrete over her shoulder. The impact had brought down a BUILDING on her. Maura could dig through it as easy as anything else. She lifted Maryland to her feet after a few minutes of digging.

"Can you walk, babe? You're pretty tough, withstanding all this shit." Maura gave her a sly grin of approval. "If you need me to CARRY you, I'd be happy to oblige. Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing you double time it. I'll watch your back."

Maura's jokes aside, she worried for her colleague's health. She wasn't about to lose a potential team-mate to a pile of rubble.

Maura has retrieved and joined Agent Maryland.

Nine is waiting at the Drop Zone for remaining members of the offensive group.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 20th 2013, 6:55 pm

An answer to my question would be nice. I'm not sure what Vale wants from this collab, do you want a united front starting from Madison Square, or do as Morgan suggested and have the Legion start a two front battle on the warehouse.

Basically... Does the Legion play as the Soviet Union and hold their own front or do we go in with the allies?

I don't want to do anything drastic that will need massive editing later on.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 20th 2013, 7:16 pm

I would allocate a large platoon of the Legion towards a battle that's relatively unseen in the background, while Manuel attends to his own devices/joins the group.

That way, you could have Manuel multitask, between acting as a combat agent, and receiving updates from underlings and ordering attacks.

Maybe have Manuel order a squad to attack our objective from behind to ensure that the enemy can't escape his group.

It would be realistic for Manny to be ordering Legion squad movement. For now, New York is in the middle of a massive street-war.

As for a legit answer...I got nothin' for ya.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger February 20th 2013, 9:23 pm

Sorry. I never accounted for the Legion. I've been busy an neglecting my own Collab like a douche. Anyways, yeah. We're all too separate. Drop in with the UNSC for this mission. I'd assume a warehouse owned by ONI would hold some assets of some value to War.

Vance'll mark the drop zone at Madison Square Gardens. The area is near an enemy occupied zone. Nine and his Freelancers will complete their current missions and regroup at the Joyce Theatre 11 blocks from Madison Square. I'll write the marking of the targets later when I get home and we'll get rolling on the mission.

Mission 1: Regain the Area.

Objective: Fight through the Synthetic's defenses and take back the high ground around the Warehouse to gain a foothold for the attack. Hold position for Marine and Freelancer forces to take the other side (Character Conversation Oprotunity)

Notable Support: No air support available; rigged Warthogs and other urban vehicles are only support.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 8:37 pm