Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

4 posters

Regaining the Rock Character sign up/OTD thread

zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Regaining the Rock Character sign up/OTD thread Empty Regaining the Rock Character sign up/OTD thread

Post  zman007playr May 29th 2013, 9:03 pm

Hello all, this is Zman here reporting in that I will be starting my own collab. As I am coming up with the way it will pan out, please sign up here.

The story: The year is 1923 and Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary has just opened up on a small island in the middle of San Francisco bay. This place is home to the worst of the worst, mobsters, bootleggers, murderers, you name it. As it opened, the slogan that defined Alcatraz came about, No one Escapes Alcatraz Island.

Wrong.

Security lock-down procedures were broken, and now the prisoners have all escaped and fled to the mainland. Rival mob families, and bootleggers have turned the streets of San Francisco into an all out war zone.

Who will you side with, will you be one of the few guards of Alcatraz left alive after the escape, or will you join forces with the SFPD. Or perhaps you are feeling truly evil, and will be one of the mobsters laying siege to the city and country that so betrayed them.

The fate of the United States is in your hands.

Last edited by zman007playr on May 30th 2013, 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Regaining the Rock Character sign up/OTD thread Empty Re: Regaining the Rock Character sign up/OTD thread

Post  zman007playr May 29th 2013, 9:05 pm

My character, one of the few surviving guards of Alcatraz

Current Legal Name: John Michael Blackwell

Birth Name: John Michael Blackwell

Alias: John, Blackwell, Stiff (by the inmates)

Birthdate: 2-21-1902

Affiliation: State of California Prison guard for Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary

Background and Heritage

Birthplace: San Francisco, California

Background: John was always a quiet young boy. Born in the hustle and bustle of a growing city, his mother felt it strange that he had very few friends. Maybe it was because of his father being drafted to fight in WW I.

At the age of 21 he was walking down a side street when he heard the sound of gunshots. Not a moment later a man dressed in a black trench coat and an all black suit came walking around the corner. John turned the corner and found a SFPD officer lying on the ground dead. Fueled by the common disrespect for the law, and the people who uphold it, he joined the San Francisco Police department and was later transferred to Alcatraz upon its opening as a Federal Penitentiary.

Physical Description

Race: Caucasian

Eye Color: Hazel/Green

Hair Color: Black, often slicked back for his job

Height: 5' 9"

Weight: 159 lbs

Prominent Features: John is an average man, with not many prominent features. He in generally kind and willing to make friends easily, however if you cross him, he can turn from your best friend, to your worst enemy.

Equipment.

Standard issue Police Baton

Colt Detective Special (.38 Special variant)

Occasionally: Springfield M1903
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Regaining the Rock Character sign up/OTD thread Empty Re: Regaining the Rock Character sign up/OTD thread

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 29th 2013, 10:22 pm

You said your character was born in 1902? I thought this takes place in 1903?

I'd like to join, if you'd like.

Current Legal Name: Frank Jeremiah Wilcox

Birth Name: Frank Jeremiah Wilcox

Alias: Papa Bear, Buster(by crooks), Sarge.

Birthdate 1-03-1873

Background and Heritage

Birthplace: Montpelier, Vermont.

Background: Frank was a quiet boy in a quiet neighborhood. As a young fellow, he had always aspired to be like his father, of whom was a police officer in the town.

At the age of 24, he was conscripted into the United States military, and not even a month after conscription, he was sent off to fight in what would become the Great War. During the battle of the Argonne forest, his regiment, the 307th infantry regiment, K company, had found themselves surrounded by German troops.

As time rolled one, the young man's former squad leader, a sergeant, was killed off, along with many other members of his regiment. Some tried to run from their location, and were shot dead by German patrols. Artillery rained down on them almost constantly, claiming the lives of many of his fellow men.

After sending out a courier pigeon to request the artillery strikes be halted, a return letter informed him of a promotion in rank to Sergeant, and requested that he and the remainder of the Battalion hold their positions, that the French allies were on their way.

The Germans pressed harder, but were eventually warded off by the sheer size of the Allied forces. Frank, however, had suffered a piece of shrapnel in his leg. The military drew him out of the war with honorable discharge. For a year, he gimped around, until a doctor was finally able to remove the metal from his leg.

Instead of returning to the military, Wilcox had heard news of a new Federal prison opening in San Francisco. Deciding to finally follow his dream of following his father's footsteps, he knew that the city would need more police officers on hand. For the past five years, Wilcox has made several arrests, many of which are the many mobsters that now inhabit Alcatraz island.

Appearance

Race: Caucasian

Eye color: Brown

Hair color: Dirty blonde, brown.

Height: 5' 9''

Weight: 189 lbs

Personality, noticeable qualities: After his time in the war, Frank is a little more on guard then he usually would be. Considered to be known as incredibly violent, he once was given a brief weeks suspension in the force for nearly ripping apart a Mobster that was being incarcerated for raping a young woman, earning him the nick name Papa bear.

He is a charismatic man, easy to talk to, but has difficultly with trust.

Equipment:

Police Baton

Colt .32 handgun.

Winchester Model 1897 12 Gauge Pump-action shotgun*

'Chicago Typewriter' 'The Thompson, Tommy Gun'**

*Frank always keeps this shotgun in his vehicle at all times. But hardly has to use it.

**Typically used in riots..

Last edited by Shad0wChas3r on May 30th 2013, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 30th 2013, 9:13 pm

This didn't take place in real history did it? It's a "what if" right?

If so, I could play the role of gang that tried to muscle their way into the area while the other guys were locked up.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr May 30th 2013, 9:46 pm

No its a what if, though there were many attempts to escape the rock, none ever did, so feel free to join up with the mobsters, and Shads, i changed up the date, my mistake
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 30th 2013, 10:08 pm

zman007playr wrote:No its a what if, though there were many attempts to escape the rock, none ever did, so feel free to join up with the mobsters, and Shads, i changed up the date, my mistake

I changed my character accordingly.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 31st 2013, 12:55 am

BEHOLD, the 36th Street Gang (LINK). Based in Los Angeles, it can be assumed that they want to fill the power void left behind.

Current Legal Name: Carlos Ramirez

Birth Name: Carlos Ramirez

Alias: Carlos, Ramirez

Birthdate: 3-24-1900

Affiliation: 36th Street Gang San Diego offshoot, 36TH Street Gang HQ

Background and Heritage

Birthplace: Los Angeles, California

Background: Carlos grew up in a barrio, Hispanic neighbourhood, where poverty was common. As a way to make quick money, Carlos quickly joined the 36th Street Gang at the young age of 14.

As a child Carlos would be a runner, transporting booze illegally. Now that he is older and more experienced, he organizes runs and sometimes brokers deals.

Physical Description

Race: Hispanic/Latino

Eye Color: Brown

Hair Color: Black, cut short

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: 150 lbs

Prominent Features: Carlos loves to make money, seeing it as the only way to get ahead in life. While he does love his position of power and status within the gang, he loves the fact that he was able to get his family out of poverty even more. Carlos is not very trusting of Gringos, and quite aggressive in gang fights.

Equipment

The Tommy Gun, usually only carried by higher ranking gun members.

Baseball bat, knives, and brass knuckles for melee fighting.

Character #2

Current Legal Name: Pablo Manrique

Birth Name: Pablo Manrique

Alias: Commandante, "the big guy"

Birthdate: 7-10-1893

Affiliation: 36th Street Gang San Diego offshoot, 36th Street Gang HQ

Background and Heritage

Birthplace: Los Angeles, California

Background: Much like Carlos, Pablo grew up in a barrio, Hispanic neighbourhood, where poverty was common. As a way to make quick money, Pablo quickly helped form the 36th Street Gang at the young age of 17 by selling booze.

Pablo was a runner, as most recruits start out. Eventually he rose in the ranks and became a trusted lieutenant of the 36th Street Gang's boss.

He now leads the "expeditionary" force into San Diego to establish the Hispanic gang's presence there.

Physical Description

Race: Hispanic/Latino - African

Hair Color: Black, cut short

Height: 6' 4"

Weight: 200 lbs

Prominent Features: Pablo is very tall, and VERY muscular. He also looks African American at first glance, but he does speak Spanish and is more familiar with Hispanic culture than African American culture.

Equipment

A "cut down" Browning Automatic Rifle, or BAR for short. This gun had the firepower to tear through a car, and was now far more portable. (Yes, the gangsters of the time actually did cut down BARs to make them more portable).

.32 Colt pocket gun on him at all times.

Baseball bat with nails driven through, spiked knuckles, knives for melee fighting.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 31st 2013, 12:58 am

Shad0wChas3r wrote:
    The Germans pressed harder, but were eventually warded off by the sheer size of the Allied forces. Frank, however, had suffered a piece of shrapnel in his leg. The military drew him out of the war with honorable discharge. For a year, he gimped around, until a doctor was finally able to remove the metal from his leg.
    WWI was basically the Triple Entente vs the Triple Alliance. The Triple Alliance was Germany, Italy, and Austria-Hungary.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John June 2nd 2013, 3:54 pm

Current Legal Name: William Walters Carmichael

Alias: Carmichael (by guards), Mickey (by fellow inmates), Willy the Squid (by jackasses)

Birthdate: 6-2-1903

Affiliation: Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary inmate

Background and Heritage

Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia

Background: A relaxed young man, Mickey made the mistake of joining a botched attempt to rob a bank, intent on making an easy, better life.

It did not go well. After being caught, most of his colleagues were sentenced to death row. Mickey, having not fired a single bullet during the robbery, was given a lighter sentence, and expects to be out of prison at the age of thirty-five, having served two years on his sentence.

Content to wait out his sentence, he has no intention of escape, and maintains good behavior in prison, although he has been in several brawls over racial issues.

He is a bit of a loudmouth, and a talker. He is an easy liar, and a dirty fighter, doing whatever it takes to survive.

He is friends with some of the staff, and if something were to "pop off," he would never murder someone. On the contrary, he would go out of his way to prevent the deaths of staff, as they're just "doing their jobs."

Physical Description

Race: African American

Hair Color: None, completely shaved bald

Height: 5' 11"

Weight: 183 lbs

Prominent Features: He is an unremarkable african american man. He has developed a decent amount of muscle from weight lifting, and cuts the sleeves off of his prison uniform to display his "guns."

Equipment.

Typically blunt objects, chairs, trashcans, or his fists.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr June 13th 2013, 10:34 pm

guys, due to recent events occuring, i'm going to be postponing the collab to start at a later date and time, i would explain, but i'd rather not

zman...signing off...
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny June 15th 2013, 8:20 pm

Take your time and deal with whatever it is that needs dealing with. No rush.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r June 16th 2013, 2:36 pm

It's alright man, take your time. We'll always be here, just remain safe, and best of luck with whatever it is you need to do.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr July 22nd 2013, 6:49 pm

Announcing the reopening of the collab! Anyone who hasnt signed up at wants to, feel free, if now, I will post the mission statement and we will begin!

\\'Boyo\\' 
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 23rd 2013, 2:41 pm

Sounds good! I like the use of Blaine in the post, random, but awesome at the same time.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 24th 2013, 11:36 pm

Call me impatient but I wanna start soon.

Just so I write a character that shoots poor suckers up while shouting "MANG!"
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 27th 2013, 12:05 am

Damn... Since I'm playing the role of antagonist... Is my objective just to fuck shit up?
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr July 27th 2013, 10:00 am

well.....yeah Razz 
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 30th 2013, 2:51 pm

I'll make the first introductory post, if you want, seeing's how I'm a prison guard as well.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr July 30th 2013, 3:53 pm

That would actually be better than me starting it, seeing as how your guard is the senior of the two, and i'm rubbish at this sort of thing lol
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 30th 2013, 3:57 pm

Alright, I'll get started on it right away.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 1st 2024, 8:46 pm