Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+12
WOLF
Impanther
dragon of darkness
Splazer Zero
foxyfoxy90
It's Kruger
zman007playr
Spinal Clerk
Doctor Jensen
I_IRONMAN_I
Manny
Bad John
16 posters

Discuss Anything

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Discuss Anything  - Page 23 Empty Re: Discuss Anything

Post  Bad John May 28th 2014, 11:56 pm

Not gonna spoil it, but it was fuckin' cool. The fight scenes with the Sentinels are BRUTAL.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 29th 2014, 12:09 am

So I did what you guys requested and merged Bad Karma and Chronicles of Crisis City into one post for the Collab. Sorry if this isn't entirely what you wanted, but I've done it.

If there is something you want me to do about it, please explain below.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 29th 2014, 1:31 am

Nah. Seems like it belongs there well enough.

I've been thinking...

Star Wars collab?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 29th 2014, 11:51 am

We could but I don't know a lot before or after the events of the movies. I have a vague idea of what happened but probably not enough to properly write, so I'd need someone to guide me.

Although the Clone Wars and the time between episodes V and Vi are good timelines I think. Kinda like the time between Halo 3 and 4; lots of stuff could have happened.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 29th 2014, 12:21 pm

Whenever I work with Star Wars, I just do some Alternate Universe bullshit to avoid confusion. Lucas has tied the Clone Wars in knots of unpleasantness, and I tend to avoid prequels when I can.

I just know that I love Mandalorians, and you'd make an radical Sith, Manny.

No homo.

alright a little homo lol
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 29th 2014, 5:34 pm

Eh, depends what kind of Sith.

If I wrote someone who truly believed in his cause, I wouldn't have any inner conflict. However, I think I'd do alright in terms of attitude and fighting styles.

Speaking of which, I don't know shit about lightsaber fighting styles. All I know is they look cool when you swing them around and go "VOOM VOOM".
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 29th 2014, 5:57 pm

There are seven forms. As this is a totally nerdy-ass topic, instead of copypasting the summary, I'll paraphrase.

Form I - Shii Cho. The first form. Basically just smack the shit out of the enemy (usually in hopes of breaking their weapon without scoring a lethal hit) and hope it works. It was used to slash through dudes blasters, and was developed by Jedi. Not the smartest form, but it's good to fall back on in a pinch.

Form II - Makashi. Developed when Jedi and Sith started fighting each-other with sabers. It's like fencing. Needle and poke your enemy's weak points. It was made to kick the shit out of Form I and kill other Jedi.

Form III - Soresu. Uses wide arcing motions to block blaster shots, and to hold out in light-saber duels until the enemy gets tired. It's built for solid defense and crowd control. It was made for Jedi to troll Sith who tend to focus on offense. It's pretty much the "lol can't get me" style.

Form IV - Ataru. For people who are physically fit enough to jump around and do backflips and lethal fucking crane kicks, this is the style. You jump around your opponent like Yoda and use the force to bound immense distances, swinging and whacking people like a ninja. Used to show off and utterly bust up someone's beauty pageant with style. Not a lot of defense. Be careful of low ceilings, or you'll hit your head. Yoda used it against Dooku, but most of his moves required the use of the force since he's super old.

Form V - Shien. Someone took Form III's defense, and decided to spice it up with more offense. Using equal parts defense and offense, you block, then retaliate with your own muscle power to MAKE openings and push someone's shit in. Not very specific, but most people tend to go with this since it's well balanced for saber battles.

Form VI - Niman. Some douche just took all five of those previous ones and rolled them into one. It's not specific, but George Lucas wanted to have Seven styles of combat. It's mostly for Jedi who don't fight often, and needed a crash course in how not to get gored by a Sith. Chances are high that if this is your primary fighting style, you're going to lose.

Form VII - Vaapad. The style of a total pimp. The most difficult style to master both physically and emotionally, it uses chaotic, powerful, unpredictable strikes and defenses to display sheer dominance and utterly wreck your opponent. Mace Windu invented this style as a method of effectively bringing the pain, and he even dominated the Sith Lord Darth Sideous before that bitch-tit Anakin Skywalker totally player-hated and chopped a n*gga's hand off. This style is not for the faint of heart, and is only for use when you want to totally represent and effectively ruin your enemy's shit like a God of Rock.

Tl;dnr version:

Form I is just smack the enemy's weapon.

Form II is poke at people like a french swordsman.

Form III is block the enemy's attacks until they get all tired.

Form IV is jump around like a force monkey.

Form V is Form III but with more hitting.

Form VI is for pussies  who can't learn a real style.

Form VII is have a huge dick and curbstomp your enemy.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr May 29th 2014, 10:46 pm

Hmmmmm, I'd really be interested in a Star Wars Collab, but idk about being a Jedi or Sith, whenever I watch star wars i really like the Clone troopers/Stormtroopers.  I feel like I'd be more inclined to make a clone like CMDR Cody or something like that....either that or make a bounty hunter like Jango and Boba Fett Smile

Last edited by zman007playr on May 30th 2014, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 30th 2014, 12:09 am

Mandalorians are friggin' awesome. Jango and Boba are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to those guys. They're an entire culture of badasses.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 30th 2014, 12:40 pm

The Star Wars Wiki has an article (link) on the Mandalorian culture. It seems pretty interesting. 

Depending on what era we decide to go with, it could drastically alter the views of a Mandalorian character.

Do note, I don't think the Clone Troopes were too entrenched in Mandalore culture. They were soldiers first and foremost, so I think they were given some military training but nothing in the way of "the warrior lifestyle" so to speak.

Even less so for the Storm Troopers, who actually weren't all clones. By the era of the original movies, the majority were recruited humans.

Yes, I did some reading last night, and yes, most of it strayed away from Jedi-Sith lore and into the Galactic Empire.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 30th 2014, 4:01 pm

Hm. I guess with Zman's interest in clone commandos, and our shared interest in the more modern Mandolorians like Mij, Fenn, Jango, and Boba, I'd say Manny was right. The best timeline to work with is between V and VI.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 30th 2014, 5:00 pm

Do take note of two things in that era.

If Zman were to be a clone, he'd be a grizzled veteran of the clone wars.

Also, Jedi and Sith are extremely rare due to the Great Purge and The Rule of Two.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 30th 2014, 5:10 pm

Hmmmm. That begs the question of who our folks are, what they're doing, and why anyone in the galaxy should care.

It could be an alternate universe under the same circumstances, where our characters are attempting to overthrow the empire. Or, it could be a side-story during the year after Empire Strikes Back.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr May 30th 2014, 6:44 pm

Well if I were to make a clone character, then definitely it would be something along the lines of attempting to overthrow the Empire. The way I envisioned it would be like, he didn't obey Order 66 and was branded a traitor by the Empire, and is now on the run/covertly fighting them
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 30th 2014, 8:16 pm

Hm....

Maybe I'd do a dark Jedi/borderline Sith or something. I'd dunno. I have a few ideas rattling around in my head.

1) A Dark Jedi who was five years old when the Jedi Temple was assaulted by Darth Vader. Rescued by a young apprentice and taken to safety, said character would come to despise Stormtroopers and Sith when after they hunted down his saviour. Most of his training would later come from holocrons, other warrior cultures, and Jedi hunters (in an attempt to possibly use those tactics against the Sith).

2) A random force sensitive who stumbled across a Sith holocron and began to learn their ways. Eventually he'd learn of Vader and Sidious and then plan to kill both of them to establish himself as head of the Galactic Empire.

In both cases, the characters would "soften" up and decide that, at the end of our story, perhaps their intended paths are no longer the ones they wish to follow.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 31st 2014, 1:34 pm

My character would be a Mandalorian gun for hire. He's a follower of the Supercommando Codex, and works for a fairly high pay.

You might call him a...Freelancer. B)

He sometimes gets too attached to his jobs, or works pro-bono if it involves personal glory or doing the right thing.

He's been blacklisted by the Empire for aiding Resistance Smugglers, declining assassination contracts, accepting a contract just to not do it and warning the target to lay low, and outright killing an Imperial Commander on Kashyyyk.

He did it all for pretty selfish reasons. He aided the smugglers for a cut of the rations they were hauling, and because he was friends with one of them. He declined assassination contracts because he already had enough money and food at the time. He accepted the contract to genuinely do his job and assist the Empire, but he found out that his target was sexy and didn't want to kill her. And he killed the Commander on Kashyyyk because in doing so, he earned a Ryyk Blade, a durable, reliable weapon that he kinda wanted.

When the Empire sent squads and assassins after him, he was genuinely confused. He's a rebel by complete accident.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 31st 2014, 7:02 pm

Manny wrote:Hm....

Maybe I'd do a dark Jedi/borderline Sith or something. I'd dunno. I have a few ideas rattling around in my head.

1) A Dark Jedi who was five years old when the Jedi Temple was assaulted by Darth Vader. Rescued by a young apprentice and taken to safety, said character would come to despise Stormtroopers and Sith when after they hunted down his saviour. Most of his training would later come from holocrons, other warrior cultures, and Jedi hunters (in an attempt to possibly use those tactics against the Sith).

2) A random force sensitive who stumbled across a Sith holocron and began to learn their ways. Eventually he'd learn of Vader and Sidious and then plan to kill both of them to establish himself as head of the Galactic Empire.

In both cases, the characters would "soften" up and decide that, at the end of our story, perhaps their intended paths are no longer the ones they wish to follow.
    Upon further thought, this is what I've come up with.

In case 1, I'd like have a character who is mostly human...which also means slightly alien. His parents would be both by half human/half alien hybrids, meaning that he'd be one half human, one quarter something, and another quarter something.

I was thinking of having his father be an orange coloured Dathomirian (link) (half Zabrak, half human like Darth Maul) and his mother be one half human and the other half Echani (link). 

Now normally biology says that even if a hybrid is born that it is sterile... but Star Wars says "fuck science" multiple times, so I decided to ignore this fact. Anyways, In the end our character would appear to be a regular human male with tan skin. Notable features would include the yellow eyes of a Zabrak and the white hair of a Echani.

The main reason I am doing this is because both alien races have pretty strong warrior cultures, so I imagine he would have learned the knowledge of these fighting techniques from his parents.

Why? Because the Jedi apprentice that saved him would have brought him back to his parents and explained the danger their child was in. I imagine that you'd take a lost child back to their parents because who else would take care of them better?

Eventually he'd travel to various worlds with strong warrior cultures in an attempt to broaden his fighting ability. Then throw in some Jedi and Sith holocrons to learn the ways of the force and lightsaber training.

As for case 2, I think I'd use a regular human. Not too imaginative, but that's what came to mind. Humans can be pretty greedy.

I think I'm liking character 1 better though. He has more of a reason to be "evil" (hero and savior was killed by the Empire), rather than "I WANTZ ALL TEH POWER"!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 31st 2014, 7:08 pm

So a kinda revenge story.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 31st 2014, 7:23 pm

Precisely. He's willing to be just as bad as the Sith if that's what it takes to eradicate them. At least at first.

On the flip side, if you're not a Sith or a Stormtrooper, you should be able to get along just fine.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr May 31st 2014, 7:37 pm

So, we'll have a bounty hunter on the run, an ex-clone trooper on the run, and a Jedi wanting revenge. How would we work out all three of us working together? Other than the fact that the Empire would want us all dead
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 31st 2014, 7:56 pm

I'm pretty sure the empire wouldn't know about my character. At least not at the beginning of my story. Anyways Mr. Dark Jedi would need to do SOMETHING for a living. I suppose that'd include selling odd/rare objects he finds during his travels and occasionally bounty hunting.

Oh, and there's a 22 year gap between the end of Episode III and the start of episodio V. So, your clone on the run could very well be into their 40s or 50s Zman. A grizzled ok veteran whose still kicking Smile

What I had planned was that we end up working for the Rebel Alliance somehow. Actually I can see Zman's character already being part of it, since he's fighting against the empire AND knows how Stormtroopers train.

John's character and my own might be a little harder to fit in. Maybe John's character could be hired by the Alliance (through Zman's if his character is already part of the rebels) to track down and find a force sensitive. The two could then meet up with Zman's, and we could go from there?
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr May 31st 2014, 8:49 pm

hmm that could work, and now that I did some more reading it turns out my idea for a clone to not obey Oder 66 is, in fact, possible, as the article states "some did not obey this order".
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 31st 2014, 9:38 pm

I say it works. :D
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 31st 2014, 10:59 pm

...Who wants to start it? I'm a little busy right now so... Yeah.

I don't want to point fingers but from a story wise perspective it might be best to start with Zman's character actually hiring the bounty hunter and giving him the unsual mission.

It's quite possible they chose him because he has a record of NOT killing targets, and they want this "bounty" alive.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr May 31st 2014, 11:52 pm

I could get started on it tomorrow, but first off, anybody got any ideas for a title

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 1:25 am