Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

4 posters

The Story of Hope

dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

The Story of Hope  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Story of Hope

Post  dragon of darkness July 14th 2013, 2:47 am

"their base is were there heading that leas i know since we raided it for practice and sorry about my attitude when i pulled up i had a plan set out" i said as my friends hoped on to the scorpion "right now were just going i want her back" i said as i started the scorpion up "lets go and kill some aliens"
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 14th 2013, 3:22 pm

"Son, the more time I spend with you, the more you remind me of Manuel." Blaine shook his head at Siegfried. "That's not a bad thing, just means I can only respect you more and more as time goes on."

Blaine huffed at the illegal Spartan's attitude at them.

"I don't usually pull rank or anything, but this kind of blatant disregard for command and how things work is really starting to get on my nerves." Blaine hissed. "I think you're right, Siegfried. He does need to be taught a lesson in discipline. Perhaps sooner rather than later. If he wants Mahila to be saved, he's going to have to learn to follow our orders and co-operate with the Veteran Spartans."

Gazing over the Warthog, Blaine hopped into the Driver's seat. Readying a pistol in his left hand, he beckoned for Siegfried to jump in the make-shift Gunner's seat.

"Lasky to Blaine, Lasky to Blaine. We've sent down Agent Nine and Lucy to assist you in taking down the Covenant Convoy."

"Affirmative, thanks for the head's up." Blaine nodded. "Let's go get 'em, yeah?"

Firing up the Warthog, with Siegfried in tow, Blaine's tires dug into the ground as they peeled out, charging in the direction of Hope, his Spartans, John and Lucy.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 14th 2013, 8:00 pm

Siegfried hefted the turret up onto the frame between the bed and the front seats of the Warthog, gazing about. He saw Hope's scorpion starting up, the illegal Spartan and the Sangheili on top of the treads. For a moment, Siegfried considered opening firing on "Jackson" but thought it would be better to use the Sangheili until it was no longer useful. He also had to consider that the illegal Spartan nor the UNSC would take kindly to his actions, something he disliked about working with non-Legionnaires.

While he continued to scan the area he noticed two Spartans he had never seen before. He had no idea who the female was but he knew the brown armoured male. Nine was well known throughout the UNSC and its affiliate organizations. If you asked the average Legionnaire, they would know of Freelancer Agent Nine. However, unlike personnel of the Freelancers or even the UNSC, Nine was not praised.

He was the greatest "almost". Being an "almost" or committing an "almost" was never good in the Legion. "Almost" implied that you hadn't done your job correctly, but you could have. It was within your grasp, and you failed. That was far worse than not even being close to victory, because if the prize was within reach then the failure fails solely on you.

Nine was the greatest example of this. He never committed "almosts", but his entire life was an "almost". He had the capacity to be among the greatest warriors Humanity had ever known, but his sense of morality held him back. It prevented him from being what he could be, what he should be. He was designed to become a defender of Humanity, but he betrayed his oath whenever he extended mercy to his alien foes. That was unacceptable.

Although Legionnaires felt a sense of disapproval towards the Freelancer, they still maintained a level of professional respect for him. Siegfried likened him to a family member who ended up doing something the family did not agree with. There would always be a level of respect for him, and a willingness to see him change his ways, but until he did they would never truly accept him.

Legionnaires were taught to put differences aside in battle though, and Siegfried intended to follow his training. Although he did not agree with the Freelancer's philosophy he was willing to work with him to accomplish a mutual goal.

The warthog came to a stop next to the Freelancers, prompting Siegfried to walk over to the edge of the Warthog's bed.

"I'm Legionnaire 333. I presume you've been sent to aid us?" Siegfried asked.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 14th 2013, 10:54 pm

Nine smiled, and nodded to Blaine. "Blaine. Good to see you." He took off his helmet, as someone he hadn't met stepped towards him.

"I'm Legionnaire 333. I presume you've been sent to aid us?"

Nine holstered his pistol, and seized the Spartan's right hand with both of his, shaking it. "Spartan B694. John. Most people'll call me Nine." Nine smiled. Lucy saluted. "Freelancer Agent Five. Lucy-C555."

"Got a name, Spartan?" Nine understood a reluctance to get friendly with a Freelancer.

Freelancer and Legion were Day and Night respectively. Freelancer's most important battle was P.R. They were the ones who put Humanity's best foot forward. They fought WITH humanity. Offering mercy, and aid to those too weak to fend for themselves.

The Legion fought FOR humanity. With their Spartans, and discipline, they stomped threats to humanity.

Nine couldn't commit to their cruelty, but he recognized that if worse came to worse, the Legion was necessary to protect mankind from extinction. They were big. Strong. Fast. And they were kind to humans when they needed to be.  With hands of iron, total aggression towards threats, and terrifying military genius, there wasn't a task the Legion couldn't complete.

"I'm not exactly on a first name basis with SOME Legionnaires, but I know your second in command, Spartan Manuel, pretty well. I've got no trouble calling you 333 if that's what you prefer to be called. Most people call me a number instead of a name too." Nine patted Spartan 333 on the shoulder. "Makes us special."

Nine turned and leaped onto the side of the Scorpion tank. "Lucy! Laser please?"

Lucy nodded to Blaine and Spartan 333. She tossed Nine the laser. He caught it with one arm, checking its ammunition.

"This baby's overcharged. 150%. Bailey's been working on a new battery system for these."

Lucy hopped onto the Scorpion. She rested on one knee, her sniper rifle still in hand, ready to shoulder and take a shot when the enemy was in sight. "I'll call targets, Nine. The tank should be enough cover fire for us to go after the General who took the Spartan."

"Roger." Nine looked to Spartan 333, latching the Spartan laser onto his back. "Once we have the girl, what's the plan? This a blowthrough operation?"
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 15th 2013, 1:17 am

"Basically." Blaine nodded to Nine. "I've been tracking down these assholes for many years. We get the girl, clean up any remaining tangos, then go home and share a pint."

"I'm sure you've met the Illegal Spartans. Vivid characters, aren't they? Our main priority is to get them to safety, then decide our next course of action. Secondary objective is killing anything that isn't Jackson, or one of us.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 15th 2013, 12:11 pm

Siegfried didn't like the fact Jackson was off their hit list. However he had to abide by the Admiral's decisions, no matter how much he disliked it. Well, he had to obey it publicly at least. If Jackson were to die by "accident" then no one could suspect foul play.

Siegfried adjusted the turret, getting ready to go. Despite his misgivings about Agent Nine, he seemed polite enough. He liked his partner though, the female. He didn't like her the sense that he wanted to be with her, he liked her because of her professional attitude. Upon meeting him she had given him a proper salute, as most soldiers should. Siegfried decided to get things moving.

"Eliminating the enemy is what Legionnaires do best Admiral. The call to war is beckoning us. No need to ignore it. We go in, do what we need to do," Siegfried said, always enjoying the moments before battle.

"Oh, and if we find any hostile rebels... take no prisoners. The Admiral and I gave them a chance and they betrayed us. No matter what they say, do not trust the rebel scum," Siegfried advised.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 15th 2013, 4:37 pm

“hey guys I actually got a plan right now and it involves Jackson here” I said looking at Siegfried “how about he goes in and scouts the base before we go in so we know what we are handling and if he doesn’t come back and they know were here then we kill every one there” I said as everyone was contemplating the plan my team already agreed just have to wait for the others
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 15th 2013, 4:52 pm

"They would know Jackson is an outsider." Blaine shook his head. "While he's an Elite, and he can speak their language. He has a different set of armor then they do. They'd pick him out like a strawberry in a blueberry pie."

"We have a Scorpion tank, I have a Pelican back at the Rebel base, John has a Spartan Laser, Lucy is a god with a sniper, and Siegfried is happy so long as he kills something non-human." Blaine continued. "If I can go back and grab that Pelican, I could provide air support while Siegfried uses the Scorpion. John's really good at infiltration, and Lucy can find a decent place to set up shop and be our scout, keep us covered. You and your Spartans can work on the ground and cover the Scorpion."
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 15th 2013, 5:39 pm

“ok that sounds good” I said hoping out of the scropion as my team did the same “there you go Siegfried and Jackson you stay near me through the whole thing and Blaine we won’t need the pelican” I said pulling out my rifle keeping my sniper holstered and headed down with my team with Jackson by my side. I looked back and said “what are you guys waiting for a invite”
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 15th 2013, 10:06 pm

Siegried fingers twitched a little at Hope's comments. Such insubordination would be met with severe punishment in the Legion. Oh how Siegfried WISHED these Spartans would join the Legion if only to BEAT some discipline into them. He has no doubts Master War and General 324 would not only allow such actions but encourage it.

"No, we are not waiting for an invite. We will be waiting for the Admiral to go get the Pelican though, since I believe we should follow his plan. We've been Spartans since before you were born, so I suggest you listen to those with real combat experience," Siegfried said.

"Any asset is a good asset in this situation. We are about to assault a fortified Covenant base, with only eleven..." Siegfried trailed off as he quickly looked at Jackson. He was about to say 'people' but he had almost forgotten the alien in their midst.

"With only eleven soldiers on our side. Only a fool turns down air support!" Siegfried asserted, quite fed up with the newer Spartan's headstrong attitude.

"Gain their trust" Siegfried recalled General-324's order. At the moment, Siegfried was not doing a good job.

"Listen, I remember being a new Spartan as well. They tell you that you can do things no other human can. Then they tell you that your armour only enhances your superhuman abilities. But I'm telling you now that such a thing does not make you immortal. It only puts you on par with the physique of a Sangheili.

As humans, we need to use our most powerful weapon, our minds. With that, Humanity can defeat larger and stronger foes, just as it did on Earth. So listen to the plans of veterans of a war that survived because they didn't run in head first. We won for a reason Hope, and that reason wasn't because we decided to meet the Covenant head on. We need to think this through," Siegfried advised, trying to play the role of a mentor.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 16th 2013, 3:31 am

“ok fine but I got one question why didn’t you say 11 people” I said getting in Siegfried’s face, probably not the smartest thing “do you have a problem with Jackson if so just say so if he does anything against us it’s on me got it and honestly I don’t even know why you guys are here but I want my friend back and if you can help I’ll take it” I said backing away.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 16th 2013, 12:17 pm

"Because we're all soldiers here." Blaine replied gruffly. "I don't know Siegfried that well, but from what I gathered he is a Legionaire through and through. Legionaires don't typically like working alongside Sangheili, Unngoy, or other alien species. I honestly don't blame him for not trusting Jackson."

Blaine peered over towards the Sangheili, who tensed.

"No offense, but it is rather suspicious that a Sangheili soldier such as yourself was captured by the rebel forces. Most Sangheili I've known don't usually get taken captive, they either kill their captors before they are fully taken, or kill themselves as a means of maintaining honor." Blaine continued. "Which makes me believe that you could either be a spy of the Storm, or a Sangheili that has gone against the Storm and tried to help, but got caught in the process."

Blaine stopped as Hope began to mutter something about why they were present, and wanting Mahila back.

"We've already told you why we're here, but I'll explain... again," Blaine replied with a sigh. "The UNSC, Freelancers, and Legion is here to investigate illegal Spartan PMCs. Namely, you and your squad here. I can't give you any more details than that, classified info."

"As for saving your friend, we can help you. But you need to trust that Siegfried, Nine, Lucy, and I can help you. We've survived the Human-Covenant war fer Christ's sake. Shooting Sangheili in the face has become second nature to us." Blaine paused, gazing over Jackson. "Again, no offense."

"I present you with two options; 1: You comply with our plan AS we have laid it out so we can save your friend. Or 2: We can round your squad up, head back to the Infinity, and blow this shithole to Kingdom come!" Blaine growled, frustrated. "So, what's it gonna be? I want no more of this changing of plans bologna, I didn't get to the rank of Admiral by ignoring orders, Hope, and it's time your squad learned to follow directions WITHOUT question."
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 16th 2013, 12:33 pm

"Actually, I'm just here because Palmer asked for us as consultants. This whole investigation is goin' FUBAR." Nine rolled his eyes. "I'm starting to see why."

"John, shut it." Lucy hissed. She wanted to stay out of the debate, but Nine decided that he would be heard.

"Every second we spend discussing is a second that that captured Spartan is father away. If we take Air Support and just storm the place, they may EXECUTE her. My suggestion is simple. We use the right amount of noise in the right places, to draw them without rustling their jimmies."

Nine sat, leaning back against the Scorpion. "We have a distraction party. Ground forces, to pull away the enemy's main security. That'd be me and Lucy. Two Spartans can do a lot of damage, but it won't rattle them enough for them to kill the Spartan girl." Nine pointed to Hope. "Most of all, we need to pressure them, without making them want to cut their losses and flee."

Nine pointed to Sigfried and Hope with two fingers. "Thirty-three-three and the Kid can sneak in, and take the girl back. It'll give them time to bond." Nine then looked to Blaine. "THEN, we bring in the air support AND the tank, and do as much damage as possible."

Lucy took off her helmet. "...That's...really smart. I'm taking John's side here. He's got a good point. It's the least risky to the girl."

Nine nodded to Lucy, silently thanking her for the support. Lucy never took his side strategically unless she knew he was onto something.

"How the hell did a SPARTAN get kidnapped anyway?" Nine gave Hope a slightly judgemental look. "You kids have a lot to learn."

Lucy stepped in front of Nine, cutting him off. "Enough, Nine." Nine nodded hesitantly, allowing Lucy to speak uninterrupted. "Be that as it may, we need to do SOMETHING. She's in danger, and if they manage to give her armor a decent look, they might find some technology that the Storm shouldn't have. Imagine an ELITE in MJOLNIR. That'd give us a hard time. I think Nine's strategy gives us a fair shot."
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 16th 2013, 3:20 pm

“ok first I don’t like the legionaires if I cant work with Jackson and second I don’t like going in with Siegfried but I must and third what is my team going to do after this” I said siting down on the scorpion messing with Maliha’s necklace “how long do we wait sir” I said with a sigh
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 16th 2013, 8:11 pm

"I prefer shock and awe but we need to move Hope, now?" Siegfried replied, walking past the younger Spartan. He looked over his shoulder before speaking.

"You're allowed to work with whomever you wish, it's none of my business. Secondly, I don't care if you like me, but put your imagined slights behind when we get into combat. I will cover you, and you will cover me. Simple enough," the Legionnaire continued walking, sliding down a small hill.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 16th 2013, 8:22 pm

Lucy motioned for Nine to follow. "C'mon. We're moving."

Lucy bounded over a rock, and slid down a hill on her feet. Nine followed. Even while weighed down with weapons and ammunition, Spartans could keep a heavy pace for quite a while.

Lucy turned back to Blaine, shouting back to him. "Admiral, don't take too long getting that Pelican. We might need to soon. I don't expect taking back the Spartan hostage will be too taxing."

"We'll have it done ASAP," Nine quipped, walking past Lucy. "So, how will we draw their fire?" He spoke to Lucy.

Lucy thought for a moment. "Like you said, our part in the plan is to attack, but make them think they're in control of the situation, so they won't hurt the girl." Lucy motioned to Nine's laser. "We need to make them think they caught us. Make yourself spotted, then do as much damage as you can. Damage their vehicles if you can. I'll attack from the other side with my sniper rifle. If you see the General, mark him so I can put a bullet in his dome."

Nine and Lucy followed Siegfried, and Lucy regarded him. "If you get caught, which I doubt you will be, let us know, and we'll provide fire support to bail you out." Lucy nodded to him in a display of comradery.

Nine gave him a joking punch on the arm. "You kiddin' me? I know the Legion is all about Blitkrieg, but THIS guy has stealth written all over him. Lone wolf. Silent and deadly. Him and the Kid will have it done in less than thirty." Nine waved his hand, wiggling his fingers. "Like the wind, eh Triple-Three?"
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness July 16th 2013, 9:00 pm

“Well then my team will take orders from Blaine for now and when we get there how are we going in Siegfried” I said following close behind him pulling out my shotgun.

As we got down there I spotted the base it had a wall around it and a few towers to deal with and there was a possible of three buildings Maliha could be in “well there she is from here I can spot the wraith and a few units” I said looking at Siegfried “how do we do this”
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 20th 2013, 2:29 am

Lucy was on her own, in position nearby a large patch of bushes. Her active camo made her nearly invisible, reflecting leaves and empty space around her as she crouched through the brush.

Lucy silently moved into position, aiming her sniper rifle. She scoped out the area very slowly, taking great care to count each enemy, vehicle, and explosive. She wanted a plan in her head. Places for her allies to retreat. Enemies to tap if need be.

The towers would be an issue. She wanted the enemy flying blind. Atop each tower was a soldier, toting a beam rifle, an enhanced optical devices, and an unused plasma cannon, likely meant to be occupied by a grunt, or at worst, a middle ranking elite. There were none, leaving the plasma cannons unoccupied. The snipers were the watchdogs.

"Alright, I'm in position, and the infiltration team is ready." Lucy whispered into her microphone. "Nine, you're up. Start the distraction."

Nine stood alone as well, atop a small hill. He admired the weather.

"I'm on it, Lucy." Nine looked through his Spartan Laser at a wraith. It looked like the one that had shell shocked him earlier. Nine thought it a bit petty to take revenge on a VEHICLE, but it was always best to take pleasure in the little things.

Lucy's voice came through his communicator once again. "Make it a BIG one."

Nine shrugged. "Hey, c'mon. You know me." Nine smiled as he aimed for his targets. "I go big, or I go home."

Nine charged his laser.

An elite beside the Wraith noticed the laser, confused. His eyes tracked the laser to its source, the Spartan on the hill in the distance.

The elite called out too late, as the laser pierced the wraith's engine. The vehicle burst, throwing fire onto the elite. He desperately patted himself out.

Nine targeted a small stockpile of Plasma Batteries. "Don't mind if I do." Nine aimed his laser and fired, the entire stack going sky high in a puff of purple smoke.

"Lucy. Get to work. Infiltration team, wait for her mark."

Lucy watched the enemies scramble. The towers were first.

Her reticle zeroed in on a Kig-yar's head. She fired, and purple blood sprayed the air. Her rifle, fitted with a silencer, ran quiet. The rounds whizzing by and the resulting death was her only giveaway. She remained unnoticed.

She aimed her rifle. The next sniper was an elite. She swung her rifle into position and fired. The shot took the elite in the head. The unfortunate soldier's head snapped back, and it bumped into the wall of the tower, slumping to the floor.

Lucy's rifle pointed at the next sniper. The sniper was busy trying to find Nine. Lucy fired. The shot took the jackal just below the eye, and unhinged his jaw.

"The towers are DOWN. Infiltration team, you're clear."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 22nd 2013, 2:51 pm

Siegfried simply didn't respond to Nine's comment... Mostly because he wasn't sure how. He assumed that "like the wind" had something to do with speed, since people always told horses to "ride like the wind". Or so he had heard.

As soon as the Freelancer sniper had given them the all clear, Siegfried motioned for Hope to follow him; using a more common gesture as opposed to the military one. He wasn't sure about the quality of these Spartans' training. They seemed decently trained in combat, but they had a poor sense of discipline, no doubt an effect of not being taught how to follow orders... And military gestures were orders.

Siegfried continued along, screwing a silencer on his SAW. Until they got inside the buildings, Siegfried would save the ammunition on his assault rifle. The first problem would be the wall surrounding the base.

Siegfried noticed a few sliding doors around, where patrols would enter and leave through. If they could slip into one unnoticed that would be ideal, the only problem would be that upon entering they would be out in the open. Siegfried had active camo, but he had no idea about Hope.

Instead Siegfried tried something more simple. He motioned for Hope to help him create a small pile of boulders, tall enough for the Spartans to jump and grab the edge of the wall. As the two Spartans finished, Siegfried motioned for Hope to stay at the bottom.

"Stay put, I'll climb the wall with active camo. If the area is clear, I will decloak and motioned for you to move up," Siegfried said as his active camo rendered him invisible. He climbed the boulders and leapt onto the edge of the wall. He surveyed the surrounding area, and finding no enemies in the immediate area he motioned for Hope to climb up.

Once the young Spartan was done, Siegfried asked him a question.

"You said that you had raided this base before as practice? Do you have any idea which building your comrade will most likely to be in?"
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 13th 2013, 1:47 pm

"Yes, she could be in the farthest building away from us, the one that looks like a warehouse" i replied gruffly "there is a big chance that they have a group of elites in it"

As I scanned the building that would be holding Maliha I noticed that there were no guards at the door, that wasn't right after all it had all their equipment, it was strange.

"Siegfried, I don't like this there's no one guarding the building"
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 17th 2013, 12:27 am

Siegfried scanned the area, taking note of Hope's observation. What he said was true. For a building where the hostage, and equipment, was supposed to be in, there were no guards. Odd indeed.

"Noted. They may be gathered inside, as you suggested, for such an occasion. I wouldn't be surprised if the low number of guards is because of the Freelancers' distraction, but it is wise to keep an eye out. At most there should be some Grunts sleeping when they're supposed to be guarding," Siegfried said, moving down the wall. The two Spartans advanced forward, approaching the very first building.

They hid behind it, backs to the metal structure and peering out occasionally. Siegfried scanned the top of the wall, looking out for snipers. He saw some in the distance, but their backs were to them.

"Snipers at 3 o' clock, back to us. It shouldn't present a problem to us now, but when we get your comrade out and our presence is known it could be a problem.

It would be wise to take them out now, but I am not sure how long the Freelancers can sustain their reaction. The point is we need to move along," Siegfried said. The two Spartan advanced forward, keeping an eye on the Jackals. They were near the end of the first building, when a Sangheili stepped out of the door.

Siegfried immediately stepped back, slightly bumping into Hope but just getting behind the corner of the building in time. The sound of energy shields making contact however was more than enough for the alien to walk over to the side.

Siegfried motioned for Hope to press his back to the wall, and Siegfried did the same. He waited for the Sangheili to come close before punching it's shields out, grabbing it by the neck, and snapping its neck. Siegfried lugged the body away, near the back of the building, before getting back to his spot and getting ready to move again.

A few more minutes of sneaking, and the two were near the front entrance of the building where the Spartan would most likely be.

"The lack of guards is disturbing me as well. Go check the right side of the building, and I'll check the left. We'll regroup at the back of building and share our findings. Take this silencer, in case you need it," Siegfried said, handing Hope a silencer for his weapons.

"I'm ready to go when you are," the Legionnaire replied, SAW drawn and ready to go.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness October 17th 2013, 4:20 pm

I took the silencer and nodded to Siegfried, the lack of guards here was worrisome, before looking around the corner. I emidiatly jumped back at the sight of orange and blue but when I looked again nothing was there. I looked back to Siegfried but he wasn't there, I dont like this, I moved up and took cover behind a crate before hearing the sound of a energy sword. I turned just intime to deflect the blade and tackiling the elite before pulling my own knife and stabing it in the neck blood sprayed from the wound covering my hand. I covered it's mouth before it made a sound.

I got up wiping the blood off my blade and put it up before continued to the end of the building. i looked around the corner to see Siegfried standing next to a sleeping grunt, or I thought before seeing the blood, I Looked around before something huge and blunt knocked me into Siegfried and heard the sound of a hunter.

"that's why there aren't any guards" I said getting up
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 22nd 2013, 1:30 am

Siegfried flipped back up, rifle drawn and ready to fire. Not that it was going to do much against a lone Hunter.

A lone Hunter. That wasn't right either. First no guards, then a lone Hunter. Something was amiss.

"Keep your eyes open Hope, Hunters travel in pairs, but we need to make this quick," Siegfried replied, hefting his SAW and firing. The rounds pinged off the Hunter's raised shield, doing little in terms of damage. Thankfully that wasn't the intent.

Hunters were relatively predictable, and this one was no different. It simply stood there, blocking the shots and partially charging its assault canon only to cancel when it wasn't given the opportunity to fire.

"Hope, take this frag and get behind the best. Ram it into it's back and get out of the blast radius. That should be more than enough," Siegfried said, tossing a frag grenade towards the younger Spartan.

Hope nodded and did what he was told. The Hunter attempted to turn around but was torn between shielding itself and taking out the younger Spartan. Eventually it decided on taking out Hope, but by the time it did the grenade was already in its back and about to explode.

The Hunter roared a battle cry before exploding, the two halves of its body severed. Siegfried motioned for Hope to get closer.

"We need to move, NOW. That cry must have attracted attention. What's the quickest way inside this building?" Siegfried asked.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness November 13th 2013, 12:08 pm

"the doors are locked and there's nines Spartan laser and....." I trailed off at the sound of multiple wraiths. I looked around to find the spot but they where comeing from every direction.

I looked at Siegfried as my visor turned black "this isn't like them" I said as I looked at the building "they planed this"

I stared at the wraiths surrounding the base, not good, I was stressed the only time they did this was on one of the highly gaurded Rebel bases now their doing it here. I have a choice try to save maliha and loses everyone or retreat and save them.

"we need to pull back Siegfried soon they'll have half of their forces on this planet here that's to much for us we need to go"
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 15th 2013, 12:38 am

Nine planted his feet, dropped to one knee, and aimed his laser. He was down to one shot, so he wanted to make it count. He lined up his shot, aiming for the back of one of the wraiths.

He pulled the trigger, and the weapon pooled energy, before dumping an intense flash of red into the wraith's back. The vehicle bucked, then exploded. The Spartan pumped his fist, and dropped the laser.

He almost didn't notice the Elite behind him. The angry, sinewy beast raised an energy sword above his head, and lurched forward, swinging hard.

Something in the spartan told him to move, and he did. He avoided the blow, dodging it by sound alone.

"HAAK!!!" The elite swung again, and Nine moved into the blindspot of the swing. "JUIN!!" The elite swung his blade downwards, forcing Nine to slide to the right. He could feel the heat of the swing. "KENN!!!" The elite spat in his language, cursing Nine for being so agile. The elite reached out with one arm, seizing the Spartan's collar, and bringing his sword to bare.

The Spartan held fast, catching the elite's wrist with one arm, and seizing the hand that was holding his neck. Nine wrenched the hand off of him, and swung his boot, smashing the elite's ankle. He threw his left hand, smashing two of the sangheili lieutenant's jaw.

Now was his chance for a kill. He backed up, his hands raised in a defensive martial arts stance. When the elite couldn't follow him, his massive hoof crumpled by Nine's low kick, the spartan took the chance to draw his pistol. With five shots, the elite's shielding broke, and a hole appeared in the side of his head.

Nine turned, hearing a wraith turn to face him. He raised his Hardlight shield, as plasma-cannon fire peppered his position. He backed up as fast as he could, seeking cover.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 5:50 am