Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

5 posters

DESTINY!!!

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

DESTINY!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: DESTINY!!!

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 16th 2015, 8:03 pm

Manny wrote:
    Shad0wChas3r wrote:Did you not see the teaser trailer? The Fallen of the House of Wolves go on a goddamn mass genocide against the Awoken on their way out to the reef.

The story is fucking golden now. Too bad it was cut from the main story in the first place.
    Oh.

That doesn't tell us much. I mean, fighting MULTIPLE alien factions while trying to keep the big bad at bay sounded pretty cool. The way Destiny executed it was less than thrilling.

I was hoping for some actual news on how the story missions would be carried out. Halo may have been a first person shooter, but god damn was it's story executed WAY better than Destiny's.

One word: Activision.

The idea is similar to Dark Below, each mission has the chance for a debuff or a buff for your Guardians to endure/utilize whilst fighting their enemies.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 20th 2015, 8:27 pm

So ever since the Taken King... apparently Destiny is decent now? I still have the original disk lying around, and I downloaded the huge ass update (didn't end up playing it that day).

Now that I've activated PS+ I was thinking of playing online Destiny to scratch my itch for an FPS (i.e. Crucible in Destiny). It's been a while since I've just sat down and played an FPS online. I just wanted to know from you guys... what DLC is worth it and what isn't? Do you need previous DLC to play later DLC?

Also, how important is the story in the Darkness Below to the story in the Taken King. Do you really need to know anything besides Croata is dead and his dad is pissed?
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r October 20th 2015, 9:04 pm

Pretty much the whole point of Dark Below is to do the raid where you kill Crota. Beyond that, there really wasn't much point to it. Everything you read in 'Into the Stars' regarding Omnigul and Crota was the gist of that DLC expansion.

In all honesty, the Taken King isn't bad as an expansion. However, when you play the game as much as Kruger or I do, it gets pretty damn repetitive. I'm sure if we had slowed our horses a little bit, and not rushed to complete everything there was to do, it would be a lot better.

Hell, there are still some things left to be discovered in the expansion. As for House of Wolves, it was an okay DLC, not really much content either. It delved deeper into the connection between the Awoken and the Last City, in that you had to hunt those Fallen that were once the Queen's guards.

In conclusion, the DLCs are decent, and TTK is a pretty decent expansion. The only great part about it was the addition of your third and final sub-class for your characters. The rest is the same grind, although there is a bit more story, and they actually added more Ghosts that build upon the lore of Vanilla Destiny.

Today, Kruger and I went in a mission that took us into the Vault of Glass, and we found three ghosts that contained Grimoire that probably explains the events of Kabr the Legionless and his group's excursion inside of the Vault.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen October 22nd 2015, 1:01 am

Activision, those scumbag money grubbers. I wanna rip their souls out of their bodies and make them burn for eternity for what they've done to the gaming community.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger October 22nd 2015, 12:54 pm

They added quests. Now, when you start the Taken King, you go through the main story through a series of small, 1 to 2 part quests. Then, after you defeat Oryx in the main story (You finish him in the Raid), you get fucking SPAMMED with quests, and most lead to pretty interesting missions. They don't get repetitive, they get overwhelming. Then, if you want to level up, you have to do Heroic Strikes, which will get you a bunch of stronger Rare items to make your weak Legendary's stronger so you get your shit stomped less in the quests.

Get House of Wolves, tho. You have to get it. A decent emotional reaction will ensue when you play TTK after HoW.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny October 23rd 2015, 1:39 pm

So what I'm getting is... the Dark Below is subpar and not worth it? Cool.

I was thinking on House of Wolves because I'd like to see the second social space and since we don't know much about Awoken society I have a strong desire to see whatever I can.

Taken King seems like a decent expansion then. Especially with all those quests you're mentioning. Since I don't really grind on Destiny... I suppose those will last me a good while.

Especially with Fallout 4 and Battlefront around the corner.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 4:45 pm