Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

4 posters

A Strange Planet: Arrival of the UNSC

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

A Strange Planet: Arrival of the UNSC - Page 2 Empty Re: A Strange Planet: Arrival of the UNSC

Post  Bad John March 31st 2013, 2:57 pm

Nine nodded. The man seemed to be telling the truth, and even if he was lying, there wasn't a trap in existence for the rebels that could trump a pair of Spartans.

Both of those conclusions made Nine all the more uncomfortable with Manuel's treatment of the rebel.

The man's ribcage was in pieces. Tears of pain filled his eyes. This was an obviously inferior, beaten opponent.

Is this how Manny always does things...?

"Yeah...we should be good." Nine stepped behind Manuel and put a hand on his shoulder. "So lay off, man. We might need one alive. Icing him now doesn't seem too...necessary."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

A Strange Planet: Arrival of the UNSC - Page 2 Empty Re: A Strange Planet: Arrival of the UNSC

Post  Manny March 31st 2013, 9:53 pm

Manuel simply grunted at the reality of John's statement. It wasn't necessary to kill the man at all. Manuel just wanted to because he had no value anymore. They would have to feed him and clothe him but the UNSC would deal with all that. They had completed the first objective, take over a base... And the waypoint had been set. They would arrive soon.

"Keeping him alive means we need to make sure he doesn't get away. We can break his legs, and tend to them later, we could even leave him in the infirmary after. The UNSC should be arriving with an expeditionary force soon" Manuel said. The rebel was about to speak to protest about the breaking of his legs but Manuel put his boot on the rebel's forehead. The man calmed down, understanding that if he tried to speak again his head would become nothing but a bloody mess.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 31st 2013, 10:17 pm

Nine realized how little he'd Manuel's compliance. He stood there for a moment, considering it.

Here I expected him to kill the guy no matter what I said.

Nine turned to the man. "We could leave him in the woods. I'll give him some medical supplies for his fucked up ribs," Nine turned to the man bitterly, "which he EARNED, and then we ditch him. I can't be bother to give a shit what he does after that, but I'm not gunning a man down who can't do anything to defend himself."

Nine looked up to his colleague. "Is that cool with you?" He realized he needed Manuel's approval. As the second-in-command of the entire Legion, Nine couldn't really make a call without his say so. Even as a Freelancer, there were some rules he had to abide.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 31st 2013, 11:44 pm

"Nope. I was quite specific with my words. We don't let him leave at all. I'm not taking the chance that he actually regroups with his fellow rebels and tells them what happened here. The longer they stay in the dark, the better. So he stays here immobilized, dead or alive," Manuel kept his foot firm on the man's head, who was holding back tears.

"We break his legs, or you find something to tie him up. He's not leaving this base. He lives as a prisoner of the UNSC, or he dies a free man. Your call, but make it quick. we need to patrol the area. The 'Covenant' might be out there, they've been at war with the Innies for a while," Manuel said, lifting his foot off the man's head and stepping back.

Manuel wasn't sure how Freelancers did things. From what he knew, they had some sort of moral code, something that made them better than their enemies. Something to justify what they did. In reality, the Freelancers and the Legion were the same. Expert fighters, able to kill without mercy, and they did it to protect Humanity. The Freelancers could lie and say they fought for everyone, but when push came to shove they would side with Humanity.

The Legion was just honest about what it wanted. They didn't hide behind the facade of justice and peace. The told the truth as it was. That through war, we could crush our enemies and free ourselves.

Manuel wondered how Freelancers dealt with prisoners, if they took any. From what he had seen, they went in and killed without mercy. They were wonderful killing machines, so good that it wasn't in them to take prisoners. Because of that, Manuel figured they never saw this. They never saw their enemies weep for mercy, BEG for their lives. They didn't know the strength it took to discard your humanity for humanity. The ultimate sacrifice.

To not do so was selfish in Manuel's eyes.

Now Manuel wanted to see the Freelancer handle the situation. He couldn't let the rebel run off, let his all too human enemy run away and be done with it. It was either keep him as a prisoner, or kill him.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 1st 2013, 12:53 am

Nine stared hatefully at Manuel, silently cursing him.

...Fuck you for making me do this...

Nine knelt beside the man, and his fist balled.

Taking a prisoner would make too much noise. Between a Spartan's driving, the active fire they would be under, and the fact that Manuel didn't particularly care for this man, the risks outweighed the benefits.

Nine placed his hand against the man's leg. "Bite down on something."

The man whimpered.

Nine turned on the man with a, bitter, cold, fire in his eyes. "SHUT THE FUCK UP! You didn't have a problem with the situation when you were pointing a RIFLE at me, so SHUT UP!"

"...I didn't have a choice..."

Nine lifted his hand, and brought his knuckles down on the man's thigh. He felt a bone break. It was a clean break, not a spiral fracture.

That did little to relieve the man's pain. Screams pierced Nine's ear.

Nine stood. "There. His leg is broken. Now let's just LEAVE the guy." Nine backed away. "Unless you'd rather break the OTHER one too.

Nine had always wondered what it was like to be a Legionnaire. To fight for "humanity," all the while throwing aside compassion like a fish that was too small.

Fighting for humanity not as a species, but as a concept, was the Freelancer's ideal. As the ones in power, it was their responsibility to maintain true honor, even if it made them seem weak, or naive.

Taking prisoners of enemies too broken or terrified to fight back was the norm. They would be turned loose, relieved of their weapons, on neutral ground. Nine had never dreamed of breaking a captive's leg just to stop him from crawling for help.

The Freelancers did things clean. Right. They tried to set an example.

Today, Nine had never felt more dirty.

"I don't feel any need to break both. I'm pretty sure we can drive a warthog faster than the speed of HOBBLE."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 1st 2013, 11:45 pm

Manuel stood there a little surprised. He didn't think John would actually do it. He thought the Freelancer would have found another way, a less painful one.

"...I gave you two options. Tie him up, or break his leg. You could even have knocked him out, I wouldn't have cared... Fascinating." Manuel finished before hauling over a bag of sand nearby and placing it under the man's head. He then pulled a canteen out from his hard case and placed on the man's chest.

"Rest easy. The UNSC should be here soon," Manuel said stepping outside into the sun light. Sure enough the UNSC was arriving in full force. A flock of pelicans descended from the sky, dropping off Marines and ODSTs. The sight of a human army approaching was... glorious.

The soldiers quickly spread out, the Marines securing the perimeter while the ODSTs cleared out any buildings the Spartans didn't. There was a buzz of activity on base now, and Manuel was almost tempted to give out orders.

But he wasn't in charge here. He was just a hired gun essentially. Regardless, Manuel called over two medics, and pointed towards the rebel inside. They nodded and went on their way to tend to him.

He noticed Marines dragging out damaged vehicles from the garage, and beginning the work of blowing up the guard towers. He could see Albatrosses bringing in supplies and semi fabricated building parts down. This base would be set up in a matter of hours.

"Good work General-324 and Agent Nine," Odessa spoke through both their helmets, referring to their positions within their respective organization.

"With this base captured the UNSC now has a foothold on the planet. An expeditionary force is being sent now to assist you two in assisting the Admiral," Odessa informed them.

Manuel looked around for said expeditionary force. The Marines and ODSTs weren't heading his way, so there was only one other infantry unit that could be on their way.

"...Spartans?" Manuel asked.

"Indeed 324. They'll be arriving with the next flock of Pelicans, which are entering atmosphere... now," Odessa said as Manuel looked up. Sure enough there they were descending towards the base.

The pelicans landed and out walked the group of Spartans. Manuel smiled briefly.

The UNSC had arrived.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 2nd 2013, 1:08 am

Nine felt his blood boil, but let go of the anger rather than express it. Fascinating? Fuck off.

He turned his back on the Freelancer, and began instructing the Marines, pointing workers in the correct directions. "You'll want Anti-Air units on the south side of the base. Gauss. They bring down Banshees in one shot if you have decent marksmen." Nine turned angrily towards a man toting a box of ammunition. "Lift with your legs. Put your back into it! Get moving, this place could be under attack in under an hour!"

"Sir." A Spartan approached the Freelancer. "Captain Randall. Fireteam April's C.O. Its an honor to meet you two in person." Nine glanced over his shoulder at Manuel.

Nine's visor retracted, showing his eyes. His right eyebrow was raised, interested in meeting the fellow Spartan. Randall seemed to note the connection, depolarizing his helmet.

His face was scarred, his eyebrow having a long, raised scratch from a wound inflicted years ago. He seemed friendly enough.

"Good to meet you." Nine shook the man's hand. He looked up, watching troop carriers and pelicans drop off supplies, vehicles, and troops. It was an impressive show of military might.

Strong, eager, intelligent soldiers, some augmented with the best armor that humanity could produce. It was nice to be on the winning team.

Nine turned to Manuel. "Let's move out, Manny. Admiral Blaine probably needs us more than these folks do." He'd already gotten over his momentary grudge with the Legionnaire, ready to work again.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 2nd 2013, 9:22 am

Blaine's Wraith glided over the desert wasteland towards the Storm Outpost, the familiar blue shield energy spouted from the tip of the Generators, wrapping themselves tightly around the entirety of the building complex. Strangely enough, none of the Storm inside seemed confused about the approach of the Wraith.

"Legionaire 324 and Freelancer Agent Nine have successfully taken out the rebel base." Odessa stated in Blaine's helmet comm.

"Thanks for the sitrep. Why are the Storm standing around?" Blaine asked, the aliens appeared to be loading up a few Liches, Phantoms, and Spirits with unknown containers.

"Admiral, you must remember that the Storm Faction was warring with the Rebels for land control. With the Rebel's preoccupied with your allies, the Storm plan a Blitzkrieg tactic on their position-"

"-While they are distracted." Blaine shook his head. "Bastards always were clever."

Fleet Admiral Blaine-115 to all UNSC troops and allies! Storm air-raid inbound on your position. Expect Liches, Phantoms, and Spirits!

Blaine boosted ahead further, the Storm still unaware of his arrival.

Understood Admiral. Broadswords inbound to intercept.

Above him, the air around them shook as three massive Broadsword fighters raced over-head, dropping heavy payloads on the shields of the Outpost. The Base's defenses were raised, as a Fuel Rod Turret towards the back turned to face the rear-most Broadsword. A salvo of AA Fuel Rods arched towards the Human bomber, as it's rear engine exploded.

I'm hit, I'm hit, I-

Blaine watched as the ship crashed into the desert sand, the ensuing fireball a warning sign to the remainder of the UNSC's troops. The shields of the Outpost shimmered momentarily, giving him ample time to enter the hornet's nest. Blaine turned towards the Generator units, Aiming the Mortar accordingly, Blaine fired a massive blob of plasma, the round exploded the metal, as the shield shimmered and popped.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 3rd 2013, 12:39 am

Understood Admiral. Broadswords inbound to intercept.

"what where" hope said looking around for any sign of broadswords

I'm hit, I'm hit, I-

As hope was looking around he seen the explosion he started to run to it as the fireball covered the sky. He was wondering what happened.

hello come in what happened I see something exploded

Hope arrived at the downed broadsword. There was fire and smoke every where Hope was looking under scrap seeing if anyone survived. But, no one was alive all he found was the guys dogtags.

"shit, how many people have to die" hope started to cry "so this guys name was jack, rest in peace buddy"

Hope was done crying he looked around an seen the nearest storm bases shields depleted hope knew Blaine was there so hope started to walk in that direction.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 3rd 2013, 12:56 am

"Spartan John," a marine approached. Nine could see a look of interest and admiration on his face. He seemed genuinely enthusiastic to meet him. "I'm glad we got a heavy hitter like you on our side."

Nine grinned and chuckled underneath his helmet. "'Heavy hitter?' Interesting word choice, considering I'm almost the smallest Spartan in history." Indeed, Nine was nearly the size of the average Marine, even in his older, heavier armor.

The marine opened his mouth, then shut it, clearly checking his words. Nine sighed. "You were about to say something like 'don't sell yourself short,' weren't you?"

The marine openly laughed at the comment. "Seriously though, it means alot to work with a you. Your squad helped my brother's wife out on Ganymede."

Nine felt a rumble on the horizon.

>>>Status update

Enemy Anti Air forces have downed a UNSC bomber. Total loss of assets.

Nine raised his eyebrow. "...That's not good. We just lost a bomber. We're in good shape here, but mounting an aerial offensive is gonna require more ground work."

The marine nodded. Nine was a Captain. Despite his relaxed demeanor, he was a passable strategist among Spartans. "So, frontal assault? We can give you as many fireteams as you need."

"Nope. We need to post off here. I'm thinkin' an infiltration unit. I'm going to need a mongoose, a shotgun, and an extraction team ready to fall back on if I screw up."

Nine waved to Manuel. "I'm going to soften 'em up. Move in quickly, jar their communications, and drop the Covenant CO if I can. You in?"

>>>Mission Update

Agent Nine is moving to sew disarray among local covenant forces through infiltration, assassination, and sabotage.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 3rd 2013, 2:59 pm

"Sowing the seeds of chaos among our enemies? I agree with the plan. Taking their anti-air out and tampering ground force co-ordination will prime the way for a proper Blitzkreig. With enough luck we will be able to take the Storm base as well," Manuel suggested, readying his rifle and magnum. A marine walked by with an ammunitions crate, whom Manuel stopped to replenish his ammo.

All of sudden a strange message came through Manuel's helmet.

Hello come in, I see something exploded. What happened?

Manuel decided to reply. He could tell the voice was human and that only was enough for him to reply.

"Unknown contact, please identify yourself and your position," Manuel said speaking into his helmet. If Oddessa knew anything, she didn't say so. Perhaps that was part of the simulation as well. To learn to deal with multiple variables along the way.

After all, the Legion had designed it to prepare them for even the most unlikely of scenarios. From Promethan-Insurrectionist alliances to a Jiralhanae-Sangheili alliance to UNSC betrayal. Walter liked to be prepared for anything. As far as Manuel knew this was THE most advanced simulation the Legion had. The UNSC had wanted to test it. Manuel could only assume they bought the hardware and software because they didn't have something like this.

Manuel snapped back from pondering the simulation and got to the task at hand.

"Perhaps we should take a Warthog John. It has more firepower, and in a desert with wide open spaces... Some firepower never hurt," Manuel suggested.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 3rd 2013, 7:37 pm

"Unknown contact, please identify yourself and your position,"

Hope stopped in his tracks as the message came in he decided to reply

"um... hi my name is hope and I'm heading to the storm base Blaine is at and i know you are Manuel and the other is nine you guys need to keep you line on a tight lock down if you do i guess I,m lucky so see you there Manuel" hope said as he continued on

"thanks O" hope said out of no where

"thanks for what" the AI said pondering what he meant

"for not telling the others" hope answered

"right sir" O said as if she remember the whole time

hope didn't mind the AI as long as she did what she was told. Hope was walking along to the base before he heard the sound of a drop ship, hope looked up as it slowed to drop some units on top of him hope was looking for a fight at the time. hope went for his secondary but he dropped it escaping from the storm base he was going to be in trouble he only had his sniper with him. he looked up to see if they where easy targets but what came out made hope cuss a lot 2 hunters and some jackals landed onto the ground as hope looked for cover, what was he thinking there was no cover in the middle of the desert so he charged one of the jackals and took its plasma pistol he said to himself "this will have to do."

hope decided to go for the other jackals and save the hardest for last. he took am and shot a few rounds in the jackals shield and one hit his hand and hope shot a few more and killed that one he puled out his sniper and shot the other 2 and hit them twice and killed each one he had to reload as a hunter charged at him and knocked him on his back. Hope needed to get up before the hunters metal shield came down on him. hope crawled under the giant mass and shot it 3 times in the back and the hunter fell forward dead. Hope was going to cheer before he heard the other one yell for his fallen comrade and charged. Hope didn't want to make the same mistake again so he dodged left and shot the hunter in the neck but he was still standing hope had to reload as the alien turned toward him hope aimed for the hunters neck as it started to charge he hoped for the best and fired.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 4th 2013, 12:26 am

Nine shrugged. "Whatever you say." Nine looked around the base, which was bustling with activity. He found exactly what he was looking for within seconds. A Warthog with a Gauss Turret welded into the bed.

"We're checking out this vehicle, soldier." Nine saluted a technician, who saluted back, beaming with pride.

"Outfitted her myself. There are three extra tanks of water-fuel in the back. Graded against overheating." Nine inspected the jugs. Water, mostly, but modified to prevent boiling in the heat of the desert. "Give 'em hell, sirs!"

Nine nodded to Manuel. "Let's get a move on, Manuel." Nine hopped into the bed of the warthog, laying back beside the turret. "Should take a while to get there. I'm gonna take a break. Falling out of Liches tends to tire you out."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 5th 2013, 12:15 am

Manuel hopped into the driver's seat, starting up the Warthog.

"I would assume so. Let's head on out," the Warthog began to move across the desert towards Admiral Blaine's position. There was one matter of business to take care of however.

"O, how did this 'Hope' character know of our identities and positions?" Manuel asked.

"I told him, like I told the Admirial where you were when he entered," O replied in a matter of fact tone.

"Oh," Manuel said, driving in silence for a bit. There wasn't much to be said, and the simulated planet had no radio stations. Manuel felt like he should break the silence, perhaps with a joke but his work over the past few years had him hard, cynical, and unkind. He wasn't very good at making jokes anymore.

Thankfully Manuel was thrusted into his element when he could hear the sounds of alien vehicles and gunfire. Plasma fire... And something else. Something more primitive. Something Manuel had become quite familiar with.

Jiralhanae weaponry.

The Warthog drove over a fairly large dune and at the bottom Manuel could see a firefight between a patrol of Ghosts and Choppers.

"O, what's the situation here?" Manuel asked, genuinly confused. He had an idea knowing the nature of these simulations, but he had to be sure.

"It would appear to be a Jiralhane faction, adorned with armour identical to that used during The Great War. I'd advise caution, as both parties could turn on you," O replied. She had a fairly good point and she was very knowledgeable. Manuel was seriously considering getting an A.I. in the battlefield. He liked having intel on the go.

Manuel had turned the Warthog to the side when the Jiralhanae barked out orders, aware of their presence. The Elites of the Storm split themselves into two groups of three, one to fight the Brutes and the other to hunt down the Humans. The Brutes did the same, splitting into groups of four.

Manuel slammed his foot on the accelerator, attempting to cover as much distance as possible before the Ghosts began their boost.

"Man the turret, John! Hit the Ghosts first before they catch up!" Manuel said, swerving to avoid a stray shot from a Chopper autocannon.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 5th 2013, 8:31 pm

"Easier said than-" Nine lifted his hand, shielding himself from sparks as a ghost's plasma cannon splashed against the turret's ballistic shield. "Damn!"

Lining up a shot on the ghost, Nine fired. The ghost's left wing was clipped, its driver flung out of the vehicle.

Nine aimed to fire again, but the plasma fire of a second ghost shredded the air around him. Ducking, he lined up a shot, peeking at the target for only a second before he could fire. The blast was short and sweet, a clean hole put in the ghost's engine. The driver was spilled, multiple pieces of his body splattering against the sand.

"TAKE THAT!!!" Nine roared as he searched for another target. Both the elites and the brutes were breaking off their assaults to pursue them.

Nine could hear a chopper approaching before he could see the vehicle. It ramped off of a sand dune, and was upon them before Nine could fire. The chopper swung hard towards them, but missed before its massive wheel could shred their vehicle to pieces. Nine turned the turret and punished the brute with a single shot, blasting his chopper apart with two shots. The first put a clean hole through the main combine. The second blew the seat, and the driver, into slag.

Neither Manuel nor Nine saw the approaching driver. Flying over them, the brute leaped off of his chopper, landing hard in the vehicle's bed, denting the turret.

"WHA?!" Nine hadn't the time to draw his weapon. The brute lurched towards him, swinging a claw. Nine ducked the deft slash. The second attack, a wild, barehanded haymaker, was blocked by Nine's defending arm. The Spartan retaliated, beating the brute's cheek with a hard right hook. Teeth spilled through the air. The brute, unpreturbed by the damage to his mouth, seized the turret, and turned it towards Nine's head.

"CHRIST!!!"

Nine ducked in the nick of time. The cannon shot nearly took his helmet off of his shoulders. The Spartan swung his foot forward, sweeping the brute's feet and bringing him to his knees. He seized the hot barrel of the gauss cannon and swung it. The side of the turret smashed the brute's temple, burning his grey, fearsome jaw.

With a hard, brutal knee, the Spartan knocked the brute off of the warthog, throwing it down onto the passing sand. He heard the brute's neck snap.

"And THAT'S how you repel boarders." Grinning, He stood, looking through his helmet's binocular function. "We gave most of 'em the slip. The others are far behind. Nice driving, Man."
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 6th 2013, 3:37 am

"ow, shit that hurt" hope said as he pushed the hunters corpse off of him

Hope got up as he poked at the hunter making sure it's dead. He walked off unaware of his Sarondings, he took off his helmet as it sparked the helmet was fucked but he needs to keep it. Hope looked on the elites body's to see if there are any coms on them. nada.

"shit, I need to find a way to contact the other spartans" hope said to himself

Hope stopped as he realized he was lost. Looking around to see if anything was around, and he found a small shack he headed toward it. as he walked up he heard a thumb in the shed he pulled out his plasma pistol and headed to the door. There was a sign above the door that said "free bait" what the hell there is no water out here. Hope slowly turned the nob and the door creaked open. The shack was empty all that was in there was a counter he slowly approached it,he dashed and aimed and he seen a purple blare as hope squeezed off A round and missed, he heard what sounded like a engineer he heard of them before but never meet one.

"whoa, sorry there buddy" hope said lowering his weapon "I don't mean to harm ya"

The engineer poked it's head out being careful it made a sound that hope didn't under stand.

"is there any way to talks to you" hope said to it

The engineer pointed to the counter hope slowly moved to take a look and just his luck he shot what looked like a translator. Hope walked back to the engineer as it stayed behind cover. Hope was thinking what could he do to communicate to it, hope remembered he had a personal diary on him he pulled out a tac pad and handed it to the engineer. It slowly put one of it's limbs out and took it.

"can you do something with this" hope said looking at the engineer as it disassembled it and re assembled it. the engineer taped at the screen and a voice came out.

"why did you shoot at me" it said

"im sorry about that i thought you where one of the storm" hope paused "wait are you"

"no i ran away from them"

"ok, oh hey can i call you Vergil" hope asked peeping out the door

"sure whats your name" Vergil asked

"um... hope" hope replied " hey can you fix this" he pulled out his damaged helmet

"ill try" Vergil said

he took the helmet from hope and disassembled it he thrown some piece out of the helmet as he reassembled it.

"here try" Vergil said

"ok" hope said as he slide the helmet on the screen came on and he did a self check every thing was fine except there was 2 new icons. hope knew Vergil did something different he activated one of them and he could see a lot better like every small detail in the shack the dust particles and the cracks in the counter. he wondered what the other one was he activated it and the engineer made some noises without the tac pad.

"can you hear me" Vergil said

"holy shit, you put a translator in my helmet" hope said in surprise

"yes do you like it" Vergil said

"hell yes" hope paused "hey can i have my tac pad back please"

"oh ya sure" Vergil said handing it back to hope

"so do you know where any vehicles are" hope asked

"no sorry" Vergil said

"no its not your fault" hope said patting Vergil

hope had to find a vehicle and fast.

hello Manuel can you read I found an engineer i call him Vergil, so can you come pick me up or something im in a small shack in the middle of the desert and don't ask about the free bait sign when you get here see you soon

"hey can you make something else out of this plasma pistol" hope asked Vergil

"I can make a energy sword" Vergil replied

"that will do" hope said

now all hope could do was play the waiting game.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 6th 2013, 10:52 pm

An engineer? Manuel though as he heard the message. That was a valuable asset indeed.

"Slight change of plans, John. We're picking up a team mate. Odessa, pinpoint the location and mark the coordinates on my TACPAD," Manuel said. Odessa did as she was told, a beep on Manuel's TACPAD alerting him.

"Directions O?" Manuel asked.

"Aim the warthog 45 degrees North of West and you should find the small rebel outpost. More of a shack once the Storm were done with it. From there you can head 67 degrees North of East and you will find yourselves at the Storm base where Admiral Blaine awaits," Odessa answered.

"Thanks,"

"Caution is advised on the way. UNSC recon drones have detected a large amount of movement in the desert, mostly in the form of scattered patrols. There may be more firefights similar to the one you witnessed,"

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind O," Manuel replied as he drove in silence afterwards.
    The Warthog drove over a dune, leaping slightly into the air before landing again. The sun was setting and dusk was soon upon them. Manuel slowed down the Warthogto prevent making too much noise and stopped the Warthog a good distance away from the shack.

Manuel stepped out of the driver's seat and spoke into his helmet.

"Exit now 'Hope' with the Eningeer in tow, we're here to pick you up," Manuel readied his rifle, in case something went awry. He wasn't sure who this "Hope" character was, and he wasn't taking any chances.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 6th 2013, 11:17 pm

hope got Manuel's message but wasn't sure how this Manuel was going to be like.

"ok Vergil i have friends out side with a warthog" hope said

"will they hurt me" Vergil replied

"i promise nothing will happen to you" hope said unlocking the door

as hope and Vergil exited the shack hope seen them apparently Manuel was ready for anything that will go wrong by the way he held his weapon. hope walked slowly to Manuel and nine, Vergil was right on hopes heels.

"hi, its a nice day isn't it" hope said sarcastically putting his and out to shack Manuel's hand

Vergil made a sound that hope decided to tell Manuel "oh, and Vergil says hi to"

hope looked at the Gauss warthog seats for 3 counting the turret. hope was wondering how we where going to fit the engineer in there but hope would solve that problem when it came to it, he pulled out the custom energy sword and fiddled with it, hope looked up from it and seen that they where in a hurry.

"oh, are we in a hurry" hope said "i don't want to slow you"
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 7th 2013, 11:31 pm

Manuel eyed the Engineer up and down.

"...Hello to you as well 'Vergil'. Or should I say 'Vergil the second', seeing as how there is another engineer named Vergil as well," Manuel said looking back at the Warthog. There were only three seats, but the Engineer didn't need a seat. It need to be strapped down. The thing was like a balloon.

"How strong is your friend here 'Hope'? Could he hold onto a speeding warthog without letting go? Or do we need to strap him into a seat using a seat belt and squish two of us on the turret?" Manuel said, looking at John and then Hope.

"Any other ideas?" Manuel asked. He wasn't used to dealing with balloon like lifeforms.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 8th 2013, 12:32 am

"um... I can hold on to vergil, and yes I know there was one already I just like that name" hope said looking at Manuel "after all he is my problem after I found him"

Hope walked to the warthog and expected it there was dent in the back.

"what did this" hope said putting his hand in the dent

"hope we need to talk" Vergil said

"um ok, hold on guys we need to talk" hope said to them

"I don't like warthogs hope" Vergil said looking at it

"oh, that's not good" hope said

Hope looked back and forth as his helmet changed to frustrated. Hope walked to the shed as Manuel and nine wached him punch a hole straight threw it.

"god damn it" hope yelled " um guys Vergil here dosent like warthogs can you find something else"
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 8th 2013, 5:28 pm

"Under normal circumstances I'd tell Vergil here to man up, but Vergil is actually a very special assets here," Manuel said, typing in something on his TACPAD.

"Alright Hope, it's your job to escort Vergil here back to base. Get yourself some ammo and weapons, and anything else you may need. Find us when you can," Manuel said as a Pelican gunship approached, the back opening.

"So long soldier," Manuel said before driving away with John in tow.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 8th 2013, 8:43 pm

Nine raised his eyebrow as the warthog peeled off. He'd been too busy fixing the dented turret to say hello to the new guy, or the alien.

"That was nice of you, calling in a pelican just for those two." Nine shut a small slide on the side of the turret's firing mechanism. "It'll save us a load of trouble. Engineers are a pain in the ass to cover."

Looking down the sights of the turret, he could see it was functioning well once again, despite clawed, scratched exterior armor. "Then again, he could have fixed our turret up good and proper. I can only give this thing a quick patch job."

Nine looked past the turret, standing casually on the back of the moving warthog. "The brutes we're up against are much tougher than back in the Great War, Manuel. The one on the Lich was easily Chieftain class in terms of hand to hand. We Freelancers have been fielded against them before. We call 'em 'Mandingos.' Here, I'll send you some of the relevant data now."

>>>Streaming Relevant Combat Information.

Recipient: Legionnaire Manuel.

Brute Mandingo - A tough, lightly armored, heavily muscled brute warrior, specializing in close quarters combat. Claws are tapered off in metal, sharpened tips, as are fangs. Easily recognized by older model, ballistic armor.

Combat Information - Highly dangerous in close quarters. To be considered a Class 10 threat. Engage at range, or with extreme caution. Four Freelancer operatives have been injured, two have been killed.
    Nine rolled his neck, the joints popping. "I figured you should know, considering one of them put a hole in my arm just a few hours ago. But hell, you're a model II. I can handle one, you shouldn't have a problem."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 8th 2013, 9:44 pm

"'Mandingos'?" Manuel asked, slightly amused with the choice of name for such an opponent.

"Anyways, I never underestimate an opponent John. I learned that by seeing your countless enemies commit that error," Manuel replied as the Warthog rolled along. He had heard quite a few things about John's adventures before Requiem. They were things to be proud of, and great PR for the UNSC.

"Storm base just ahead," Odessa said. Manuel slowly squeezed the brakes.

The vehicle crawled up a dune slowly, just enough for the turret to have a nice view the base. No one noticed the Warthog up there, as all the infantry were in panic. Someone had gotten into a wraith and was messing with the base, the shields were already down.

"Well it would appear that Admiral Blaine has assaulted the base. I suggest taking out any vehicles and turrets you can see from here. Then we can drive circles around the infantry as they watch their comrades fall and their base being..." Manuel paused, he was about to say destroyed but he had a better idea.

"As they watch their base being captured. I'm sure we could bring that Engineer over to repair the generators. With two bases, the west side of the desert shall be ours John. We will have established a sizeable military presence by then," Manuel suggested.

Last edited by Manny on April 9th 2013, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 8th 2013, 10:51 pm

"ok" hope said walking on to the pelican "Vergil what are you waiting for"

"oh, sorry" Vergil said getting on

Hope helped Vergil in and told the pilot they were ready. He looked at the desert as it passed. As they arived at the base he seen all the damage that the 2 Spartans did. The pelican landed and he jumped out and helped Vergil out. 3 other Spartans walked up and they took Vergil hope told them if Vergil gets hurt in any way he would hunt them down. Hope walked in to one of the buildings and seen one of the rebles as a war prisoner he walked up to the man.

"hi, what's your name" hope asked the man

"why do you want to know" he said

"why, well I just want to talk" hope said

"just call me jack" jack said

"so why did they not kill you" hope asked

As jack told the story about what happened and how he joined the rebels and every thing hope needed a brake so he sat next to him and listened.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 10th 2013, 8:18 pm

Nine pondered Manuel's strategy.

"So, it all hinges on us launching a sustained, tactical assault, using only one warthog?" Nine smiled. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not being negative. If you think we got a shot, I'll back you up."

Then he realized how much blind faith he had in the Legionnaire. How much he was willing to risk, simulation or not, on a gambit.

Despite all the resentment, and mind games, and outright verbal and physical fights, Nine still looked up to the guy.

Fuck. There's been a lot of lines drawn between us, huh. Nine thought about it, wanting to say it, but unable to find his voice. Well, fuck it. You're still my friend.

Nine shook his head. Enough sentimental stuff. I may as well be mentally sucking the guy off. He's still an asshole.

Nine smiled, and steadied the jerry rigged turret. You're an asshole, I'm awesome, but we're still a team.

Suddenly annoyed, Nine broke off from his train of thought, searching for words to say. He wanted to have some semblance of conversation before they attacked the Covenant's base.

Then he grinned uncontrollably, having found a subject he KNEW would make the Legionnaire uncomfortable.

"If we win, you should try your hand at banging that sniper girl that I met in New York. Selena, I think her name was." Nine grinned. "She seems to like you. Or, she hates you. Either way, she'd still bone you if you made a move."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 11:05 am