Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

5 posters

PoFE (Timeline and OTD)

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

PoFE (Timeline and OTD) - Page 2 Empty Re: PoFE (Timeline and OTD)

Post  Manny January 30th 2014, 8:51 pm

I suppose you're right Morgan. I didn't think of that. Also, I think most them were already dead by the events of Reach. It's just that one company with Hasley and Kurt.

Oh and who are "the three"? I don't have gold anymore, if you were suggesting you, John, and I.

Anyways, the Forerunners didn't really fuck us up. We were on the sidelines, so I suppose if any of the characters did meet it would have been during a time of peace. Maybe during training (not war games, unless that tech was developed before Infinity in this timeline) but that's the closest it'll get to a war time bond.

As for Manuel, I suppose he'd be an acquaintance at most since he was mostly a lone wolf during his time with ONI. When Walter gains control, and offers Manuel a position of power I suppose he'd take it. Then we'd see Manuel's process from "light" to "dark" AGAIN. Sounds bad to do it again, I know, but it makes the most sense.

Argonous would probably be a friend of Manuel, but have his hands tied up dealing with Forerunner oppression on Doisac.

What about your (as in the rest of you) characters?
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr January 30th 2014, 8:59 pm

well considering when this all takes place, year wise, my OG people are either dead or super old (less be honest Crabtree is like in his 60's in The Past is Renewed) so my only characters that could possibly work if its like post Halo 3 my only options are Agent Maryland, or my new girl Arya who i made for the hell of making a character

Only Mary has experience fighting alongside these people, but only in one collab
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny January 30th 2014, 9:26 pm

Zman... This takes place like two years after Reach. That's when the Forerunners showed up.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr January 30th 2014, 9:32 pm

ah.....well now i feel stupid as a sack o potatoes
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John January 30th 2014, 11:21 pm

The story, as it stands, is taking place in 2558.

Anyway, Morgan brought up an interesting plot idea regarding high priority people being trapped on a planet occupied by the Prometheans.

Since planets are large places, naturally, maybe the people stranded could be frantically eluding capture, and manage to send a distress beacon saying they didn't make it off. Someone who has a way to turn the tables of the war.

Maybe even the location of a Halo ring, unoccupied by Promethean forces, hidden by the Librarian.

This would naturally lead to Wille needing to fight through Promethean orbital defenses and locate that person.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r January 30th 2014, 11:38 pm

Oh my god that's perfect. Blaine is acting as Bailey's personal guard as per request of Admiral Hood. They discover something on the surface of Reach *i.e the structure from the game Reach*, where they discover the coordinates that lead Cortana to Delta Halo in Halo CE.

But then the Forerunners intervene, and all they can get out is a beacon with knowledge of something that could help turn the tides of the war. Thus giving us an overall goal altogether, and allowing me to use some of my other characters for a change.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John January 30th 2014, 11:40 pm

So the collab itself could begin with Wille gearing up for the slipspace jump to whatever planet Bailey and Blaine are on.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r January 31st 2014, 12:03 am

Exactly, perhaps you and I could collaborate with what the distress beacon contains from both Blaine and Bailey's perspectives. Perhaps with John or Darryl picking it up.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John January 31st 2014, 12:05 am

I imagine that War, being the leader of the entire military, would be the first one to hear it from a Communications Officer, and would probably inform the main "strike team" via briefing.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r January 31st 2014, 12:14 am

That makes a whole lot more sense, come to think of it.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John January 31st 2014, 12:32 am

Contacting the Infinity, or any Wille vessel would be way easier than getting into contact with John or Darryl personally. :P

Tomorrow I guess I'll get started on the first post.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny January 31st 2014, 6:29 pm

One question... when should the technological advances come into play? I know some of them should already be in place... but I'm not sure which.

Should those "smart" bullets be standard issue now?

Oh, and I've decided that the smart bullets and self propelling bullets are no longer two separate types of ammunition. They are the same, meaning that bullets guide themselves AND self-propel.

Oh, and I've decided that Manuel's relationship with other characters will be more or less the same, like Morgan suggested their friendship could have been established in a different way. It also makes life easier.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John January 31st 2014, 6:48 pm

The self propelling/guiding bullets could be standard issue, sure. :P
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r January 31st 2014, 6:50 pm

Awesome, if John and I can communicate within some reasonable time. We should discuss what happens to Bailey and Blaine, and what the message could say. He knows Bailey best, and I know Blaine. Unless he has something in mind.

I will also be posting a starting post for Darryl, Phil, Josh, Scott, and Morgan very, very soon.

Edit: Preemptive congratulations to Manuel for his 1000 posts!

Last edited by Shad0wChas3r on January 31st 2014, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John January 31st 2014, 6:51 pm

I'm silver, dawg. :C

I might be online sometime this weekend, but my time ran out yesterday. I DO have an idea what Bailey could say. I'll post it here in a sec.

Last edited by Bad John on January 31st 2014, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny January 31st 2014, 6:51 pm

OH, and one last thing! Is it alright if the former Legion becomes the "Legionary guard" (if I read correctly, the Freelancers are still a unit within the new military)? They don't play too well with others, so being their own unit would probably be best. Of course, Walter's new bootcamps are conditioning newer soldiers to be accustomed to Legionnaire standards (I assume), so it's really just a temporary thing (in the long run). But for now, can I do that?

Can I also have the Legionary guard be outside the normal chain of command? Like the Waffen SS and the Wehrmacht?  One was like Hitler's personal army, and the other was the national army. War is power hungry, so it figures he'd want some "insurance" if things ever did go sour. If not... that's cool. I know the point of Wille is to have a united front, but realistically tensions are probably still around so soon afterwards.

EDIT: 1000TH POST WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r January 31st 2014, 6:54 pm

Bad John wrote:I'm silver, dawg. :C

I might be online sometime this weekend, but my time ran out yesterday. I DO have an idea what Bailey could say. I'll post it here in a sec.

Dude, I got a couple of three days if you want to use one to hold you over?

Also, congratulations to Manuel for 1000 posts!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny January 31st 2014, 6:56 pm

One MORE thing. I already started a post but it won't really lead anywhere in terms of plot. It's just dialogue between Walter and Manuel, but it does highlight what kind of relationship they have in this universe.

In terms of plot, it's going to happen before anyone gets in the room. So be careful about that. I'm not TRYING to call dibs on it... but I already got like half of it done.

EDIT: Thanks Morgan! Smile
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r January 31st 2014, 7:01 pm

Manny wrote:One MORE thing. I already started a post but it won't really lead anywhere in terms of plot. It's just dialogue between Walter and Manuel, but it does highlight what kind of relationship they have in this universe.

In terms of plot, it's going to happen before anyone gets in the room. So be careful about that. I'm not TRYING to call dibs on it... but I already got like half of it done.

EDIT: Thanks Morgan! Smile

Believe me, my post will be up WAAAAY later. I'm actually gonna take the time to flesh out the characters a lot more. That, and I'm thinking of a follow up chapter for Father of a titan.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John January 31st 2014, 7:04 pm

Sounds good! I'm cool with that.

As for what Bailey could say in her portion of the message.

Bailey's Message wrote:To those it may concern,

I, Doctor Billy-Jean Bailey, am trapped on Planet Reach. It is clearly no secret that military occupation by our enemy, the Prometheans, has occurred.

I am by no means asking for personal rescue. It is a damn shame that my capture dragged Admiral Blaine 115 down with me, but our lives are of little consequence to the gravity of my discovery. Against military advisory, several of my colleagues have been making attempts to correspond with the Lifeworkers on Ganymede regarding discoveries made on Earth, Reach, and in the stars themselves.

The Lifeworkers have allowed me to speak with their leader, the Librarian, at great length. I wish Dr. Halsey had been here. Her mind is greater than mine in a lot of ways. She would have made the discovery I'm so desperately clawing at now in a heartbeat.

The Librarian believes that there is a way to neutralize the Promethean threat. Not only a weapon, but a HOME. A mobile fortress somewhere in our galaxy that can stop the Prometheans. We could use it to fight them back on a scale so grand that it would make them FEAR us for the very first time.

I was so goddamned close, when they arrived. Blaine was willing to stay and see my discovery through.

I promise you, I can get the job done. I will use the knowledge given to me to PINPOINT the location of the device, or fortress, or weapon, that can save us from the Forerunners.

I'm not asking you to find me. Send a team to find my work. Even if the Prometheans find where I'm hiding, I'll hide my work and let them kill me. But this is humanity's last hope.

To my Spartans...John, Lucy, Maura, Mark, Billy, Creed, Victor, Zimm, Lilah, Penny...even the new ones in my little Freelancer flock...

I know I won't be able to talk you out of coming for be, but if I'm gone when you get here, don't try to get even. Just keep making me PROUD.

Oh, and no thanks, Morgan. I should be able to grab a ten month in a little while, so I don't wanna waste your generous offering prematurely. Let's save it for when we have a play-date and someone can't come.

"Play-date" is a seriously lame term when I re-read it.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r January 31st 2014, 7:34 pm

You mean a community get together that I totally didn't want to announce just yet?

Yeah, I was thinking of doing some Halo 4 Spartan Ops or something soonish. It'll get us in the zone to do this.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger January 31st 2014, 8:58 pm

AND VALE TOO~

No, but seriously. Whatabout the Spartan IV's, guys? Cause, unless Vance could just kinda join The Freelancers and be a Spartan, I'm at a loss for ideas on how to implement him into ya'll timeline.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John January 31st 2014, 9:55 pm

Eh. Pretty much fuckin' anywhere. Spartan IIIs, IVs and Vs have had a while to be spaced out. I assume there's a goodly number of each (except due to the current status, and the NATURE of the model V program, they're either way more numerous or will be quite soon). So, anywhere you feel appropriate slotting Vance is cool.
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr January 31st 2014, 10:21 pm

Any uhhh, any room for a friendly ODST anyone....anyone? Very Happy?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny January 31st 2014, 11:36 pm

ODSTs are regular humans. Regular humans are the BACKBONE of the UNSC military!

And you're asking if there's any room for ODSTs in this story? Of course there is!!

Unless, of course, by some odd twist of fate... John decides to not let you in.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 2:26 am