Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

2 posters

Recreational Hall

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Recreational Hall Empty Recreational Hall

Post  Shad0wChas3r December 20th 2013, 4:28 pm

Hello and welcome to the Recreational Hall. For those of you writers with a need for a break from all things canon related. Here is the place where you can post about just about anything, Halo Canon or not, that doesn't follow your individual stories.

This is the place where you can have fun with other authors' characters, so long as it's tasteful and permitted. Take for example, if you will, a running gag between Manny's character; Manuel, and Bad John's character; Agent Nine.

"Pfftbbblleb!" Nine placed two fingers in each corner of his mouth, attempting to whistle like he had seen on Television.

"You aren't doing that right." Manuel shook his head, not looking past his obituaries article of his newspaper. "You got to blow air past your tongue too. Otherwise you sound like an Elephant that's choking itself on peanuts."

"Oh, what do you know?" Blaine shook his head with a chuckle.

Before Blaine could continue his thought, Manuel shot him a death glare, as John's fist involuntarily smashed square into his nose. Wincing in pain, Manuel folded his newspaper and stomped out of the room.

"What happened?" John asked.

"Er- nothing boyo, nothing." Blaine rolled his eyes, walking out of the room.

Shrugging, Nine lifted his fingers back to the corners of his mouth and blew again, a shrill whistle resounded through the recreational hall. Smiling gleefully, John skipped away, not a care in the world.

That kind of stuff, it's just to reduce any stress you might have, and gives you the chance to have fun with the other authors, and perhaps make a small little story arch within itself outside of any canon's present.

Expect me to christen this thread with my own little taste of nonsensical mischief from the Halo Database's own Halo characters very, very soon.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Recreational Hall Empty Re: Recreational Hall

Post  Shad0wChas3r December 20th 2013, 5:58 pm

Spartan-115 sat within a giant red comfortable seat, a Grunt hanging from the ceiling with a piece of mistletoe in it's hand by the fireplace to his left. Sipping from a small white glass, he recoiled at the heat of the beverage inside.

"Oh, hello. I wasn't expecting any company. I've just settled down for some nice hot cocoa and a preferable nap."

Cracking his neck, he settled down in his chair a bit more, taking another cautious sip of the cocoa, reading a small book. Glancing back up again, he shut the book with a sigh.

"Look, just because I'm a Spartan doesn't mean I have to be on the front lines of just about every god-damn battle. I may have skills and resources that are better than Marines, but I'm still human. I need a break every now and again, okay? I didn't get the luxury of Christmas when I was a younger man, like most of you here right now."

Glancing at the fire, he pondered something for a brief moment, before drinking from his cup again, placing it on a small stand beside him. Looking back over, he shook his head with a grin.

"Oh, a story you say? Well, I dunno... okay!" Reaching beside his massive red chair, he plucked a giant red book and placed it on his lap. "What?! It's a magical book, it makes things happen as I tell the story, and are written within it for future generations."

Wiggling his nose, and scrunching his brow in frustration, he snapped his fingers, looking back up.

"Ah, here's one of my absolute favorites, one that my author has always been a fan of, back since he was a little boy; Rudolph the Red Nosed Jackal." Blaine cleared his throat, prepared to talk. "Er- what? That's not the story? Well fine. I've got a fun story for us nonetheless, and why not start it off with a good palof mine, and his love of Silver and Gold."

"~Silver and Gold, Silver and Gold. Everyone wishes for Silver and Gold. How do you measure it's worth? Just by the pleasure it brings, here on Earth..."

---------------------------------

"Silver and Gold, Silver and Gold. Means so much more when I seee~." War pranced around the room, hefting an armful of silver and gold bars. "Endless destruction, all around meeee!!~"

The door to his office cracked, as a small, pale face poked in.

"Uh, War. What the heck are you doing?"

Realizing he was dancing around his office like a complete ballerina, War's eyes flared red with anger as he dropped the bars onto the floor, directly onto his right foot.

"OUT! OUT! GET THE HECK OUT!" War roared, nursing his right foot.

Glancing around curiously, he had never before so spontaneously broke out into dance and song, let alone refuse himself the pleasure of cursing in Pestilence's face. Cracking his knuckles, he knew something was up. But the urge became too powerful, as he stood again, glancing down at the bars on the floor.

"Silver and Gold, means so much more when I seee~!" he smiled, lifting the the bars, rubbing them up against his face. "Silver and Gold- ENOUGH, I CAN'T DO IT!"

You'll do as I read and you'll like it!

"Mister Harlowe, I should've known your sickening Holiday spirit would haunt me in one way or another. No, I will not do this!"

"You're a mean one, Mister Grinch-" his gramophone sang in the corner. "You REAAALLY are a heeeel!"

"You're as godly as a Cactus, you're as charming as an eeel, Mister Grinch!" the gramophone continued. "You're a bad bananna with a.... greasy black peel!"

Roaring angrily, War stomped over and slammed down on the gramophone, skipping the disk ahead.

"You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile, Mister Grinchhhh!" it spat back. "Given the choice between you, I'd choose the.... seasick crocodillllle."

"ENOUGH!" War's voice boomed. "I'm going home! Mess around with Manuel for a little bit, he's my next in line anyways!"

Before War could leave the room, however, Manuel kicked the doors to his office open. With a churro in one hand, and a pina colada in the other, he rushed over.

"Feliz Navidad! Feliz Navidad! Feliz Navidad! Prospero ano y Felicidad~!" Manuel chuckled, munching on his treat, sipping from his drink. "I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas! I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas! I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heeeeaaarrt~!

"Get off of me, you buffoon!"

"Hey ese, no need to be a scrooge mang!" Manuel grinned, his reds rosey from the sauce he was drinking.

"You drunken slob! How can you be fit to run this place after I'm gone if you're getting smashed by coconuts and vodka?!" War growled. "Never mind, this is clearly all of Harlowe's doing. I will now return to my room until this season is over."

"I wouldn't do that mang, you might be haunted by some ghosts or somethin' mang." Manuel stumbled around. "Now where's the newspaper?"

Sitting in War's office chair, he lazed back, plucking the remote for the TV and switched to a separate channel, where the TV played a special on the birth of Christ.
    -------------------------------------------------

"Do you hear what I hear?" said the night to the little Iola, dressed as a lamb. "Do you see what I see? Way up in the sky Little Lamb, do you see what I see?"

"A star, a star, dancing in the night. With a tail as big as a kite. With a tail as big as a kite."

Squirming in her bed, Iola giggled,as Nine came running into the room, lifting his precious daughter to his eye level. Curious as to what was bothering her.

Said the little lamb to the Shepard boy;

"Do you hea what I hea? Winging fuew the sky shepad boy. Do you hea what I hea? A song, a song, high above the key, with a voice as big as the see."

Elated that his daughter was starting to sing songs, he swung her around in joy. Placing her back into her bed, he rushed from the barracks into Blaine's quarters, interrupting him from reading his story.

Said the Shepard boy to the mighty 'King';

"Do you know what I know? In your 'palace' warm mighty 'King'. Do you know what I know? A child, a child, shivers in the cold. Let us bring him Silver and Gold."

Standing abruptly, Blaine knew instantly what message Nine was trying to send him, accessing the comm system of the facility.

Said the 'King' to the Spartans everywhere;

"Listen to what I saaaay! Pray for people everywhere! Listen to what I saaaay. A child, a child, sleeping in the night. He will bring us goodness and light."

John, however, shoved Blaine's shoulder, shaking his hand.

"No you Christmas oriented buffoon! I said Iola started singing today! It's exciting. I wanted you to tell Lucy to report to our quarters immediately, not the second coming of Christ!"

"Oh, well, don't interrupt my stories of War dancing around singing about Silver and Gold, with Manuel singing Feliz Navidad. Or else I might think it's something Christmas oriented.

John shook his head, walking back to his quarters, as Blaine returned to his seat.

"Now then, where were we?" Blaine took another drink of his cocoa. "Er- what's that? We just went into a full circle?"

Shuffling through the pages, Blaine chuckled before glancing back up again.

"Would you imagine that? I somehow managed to put us in the story, within a story, within a story, within a story- er. I'm going to stop any perpetual loops from happening and continue the story. Ah, this is a heart-warming story about a snowy creature."

-------------------------------------

"Man, I'm bored." Nine shook his head, glancing out of the window of the base.

Much to his amazement, it was actually snowing outside! Grabbing Iola, Lucy, Blade Raptor, Manuel, Katie, Darryl, Morgan, Josh, and Phil, he charged outside, challenging them all to a snowball fight and to enjoy the snow.

Iola and Lucy, however, had other ideas in mind. Rolling a giant snowball, the patted the top, while Morgan, Josh, and Phil rolled a second ball. Darryl hefted the massive ball, placing it on top of the other one, with Manuel and Blade Raptor fixing on a third ball.

Katie quickly ran inside, grabbing a spare Mjolnir Mk. VII helmet from the armory. Placing the helmet on it's head, the whole snow-man's body jerked for a brief second, spontaneously obtaining Mjolnir armor over his entire body.

"What's the sitrep?" the Snowman asked, glancing around at the other humans.

"Woah. What do we name him?" Darryl asked, looking down at Iola. "He is your snowman, you name him."

"Johnny!" she giggled.

"Johnny, the SnowSpartan, was a jolly happy-" Jimmy Durante started to sing, as the SnowSpartan turned to him, silently shaking his head.

"No, I'm not. I've seen some things man, and some stuff."

"Well, it's getting kind of sunny. We should have some fun before you melt away." Darryl shrugged. " I suggest a parade through town!"

"YEAH!" the Spartans cheered, minus Johnny.

"I'm John, not 'Johnny'." the SnowSpartan shook his head. "Master Chief of the navy."

"Yeah yeah, that's great. Let's go!" Darryl said, thrusting a broom into his hand.

Johnny sighed, walking ahead of the humans, who cheered and jumped around as they paraded through the base.

"Johnny the SnowSpartan, knew the sun was hot that day! So he said; Let's run and we'll have some fun before I melt awaaayy!" they sang.

"No, we should get me in a freezer of something, you sociopaths!" Johnny growled.

"Down to the Mess Hall, wit a broom stick in his hand. Runnin' here and der, and all around the square yellin'."

"I'LL HURT YOU, 'CAUSE I CAN!"

"He lead them down the halls of base right till they saw the Master Chief hop." the Spartans sang behind Johnny.

"-And he only paused a moment, when he hollered."

"STOP!" John growled. "What the heck is going on here?"

"Oh thank goodness!" Johnny stopped for a breather. "Someone with some sense to him. Tell these morons that I'm a Spartan, like you, and that I'm not some magical being."

"You got an awfully familiar voice." John said. "Are you Frosty the Snowman?"

"NO! I'M YOU, BUT A SNOWMAN!"

John cracked his knuckles, an imposter wasn't going to fly for him.

"Thumpity thump thump, Thumpity thump thump." the Spartans sang as they backed away.

"Look at that Johnny go." Jimmy Durante replied, joining the rest. "Over them hills of snow."

"Johnny the SnowSpartan had to hurry on his way..." they sang, backs to the wall, John-117 chasing the Snowman past them.

"And he waved goodbye, sayin' don't you cry..." Jimmy Durante finished, fading into nothingness.

"YOU WILL ALL RUE THIS DAY!" Johnny roared, hurrying away as far as his snow legs would take him.

----------------------------------
    Closing the book, Blaine chuckled, glancing up.

"I know some of what you've just heard isn't necessarily that great. But as long as you at least laughed once while I read this, my job is done. That's all the time I have for now, but please feel free to share your own wacky Holiday stories, and in case my author or I don't see you for the next couple o' days, Happy Holidays from us to you!"

Waving, Blaine returned to his small cup of cocoa, situating himself comfortably in the chair, the fire crackling away.

Last edited by Shad0wChas3r on December 21st 2013, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny December 20th 2013, 11:37 pm

Haha! I got some good laughs out of this.

I also found it kinda odd how you made Manuel eat a churro. I LOVE churros!
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r December 20th 2013, 11:50 pm

Manny wrote:Haha! I got some good laughs out of this.

I also found it kinda odd how you made Manuel eat a churro. I LOVE churros!

Well I'm glad you did. Feel free to do some of your own for this, if you want to pursue the 'War's Christmas Carol' that I kinda sidestepped, feel free.

Also, who doesn't like churros?!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 7:31 pm