Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

2 posters

Masons Tragic Past

dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Masons Tragic Past Empty Masons Tragic Past

Post  dragon of darkness November 19th 2013, 11:12 pm

The streets where dark with a single light street lamp and smelled of oil, the only sound was the highway over head and the rain against sheet metal. 

"there you are mason" a girl said

She was always worried about me. Her hair was long and was as black as the night, her eyes were hazel and she wore a blue shirt with jeans we are friends since we were babies. 

"I told you sofia I like taking walks." I said, turning to her 

"I don't like it when you do it without telling me" she said, as she sat down with me. 

"sorry, but the open air helps me clear my mind" I said as I inhaled the night air

"it's creepy out here" Sofia said shivering

"it's calming but the rain makes it sad" I said looking down the street as a car turned the corner  

The car stopped abruptly in front of the bench and three guys stepped out each with beer in their hands and the smell of smoke hanging off their cloths. 

"don't you know it's nit smart to stay out after dark" the one who smelled like rotten fish

"hasn't anyone told you it's smart to take showers with water and not fish guts" I said standing up

"mason don't"Sofia asked gently

"hey boys looks like the girl is the boss" 

"shut up she isn't" I said throwing a punch bit was met with one in the gut 

"now listen here you try that again and you get cut"

"mason" Sofia shrieked as one of the thugs held her

"stop" I choked trying to get up

"or what your going to do whine" one said making Sofia look at him 

The wind around me started to speed up throwing dust around "leave her alone" I yelled and the thugs where blasted away and they all landed gasping for air

"mason h-how..." Sofia trailed of watching them suffocate 

The thugs stopped moving their bodies as lifeless as the air they use to breath "let's get out of here" I said pulling Sofia away and started to head home

"mason stop" Sofia said shakily 

"why" I snapped

"what you did back there wasn't human" 

"I know it's been happening for a while" 

"A while mason I'm worried" 

"I don't want you to be" I said putting my hand on her shoulder

"don't touch me" Sofia said pushing me sway

"Sofia" I said a little hurt

"you don't talk to me anymore you killed them"

"they were going to hurt you"

"you didn't have to kill them" she said darting off leaving me alone in the darkness 

"Sofia I'm sorry" I said forcing back tears 

The darkness wasn't welcoming anymore just painful and lonely.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Masons Tragic Past Empty Re: Masons Tragic Past

Post  Manny November 20th 2013, 12:19 am

Not too bad, but there a few things to work on.

1) Grammar. Pretty self explanatory, some examples include: starting sentences with capital letters, capitalizing names, and the occasional absence of proper punctuation happens. Microsoft Word would eliminate all these without you even having to try and spot them.

2) Maybe be a bit more descriptive. The setting is alright, but I'm referring to things like facial expressions. For example, when Sofia questions Mason on how long he's known about his powers... perhaps you could write in the fear on her face. Or when she finds Mason, perhaps you could say "'There you are Mason,' a girl said, sighing". Small little things like that go a long way (I find).

It's not too bad, but it needs polishing to make it shine.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness November 20th 2013, 2:06 am

Manny wrote:Not too bad, but there a few things to work on.

1) Grammar. Pretty self explanatory, some examples include: starting sentences with capital letters, capitalizing names, and the occasional absence of proper punctuation happens. Microsoft Word would eliminate all these without you even having to try and spot them.

2) Maybe be a bit more descriptive. The setting is alright, but I'm referring to things like facial expressions. For example, when Sofia questions Mason on how long he's known about his powers... perhaps you could write in the fear on her face. Or when she finds Mason, perhaps you could say "'There you are Mason,' a girl said, sighing". Small little things like that go a long way (I find).

I know but my computers won't work and my iPod is the only thing I have witch I have been using for a while
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 27th 2013, 12:22 am

dragon of darkness wrote:
    Manny wrote:Not too bad, but there a few things to work on.

I know but my computers won't work and my iPod is the only thing I have witch I have been using for a while
    I thought iPods had basic spellcheck.

Anyways, I understand how tough it can be typing on the IOS system. Typing stuff on my iPhone is a pain in the ass as well. Until then, just be careful I suppose. Not much else I can say in that department.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content