Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Manny
Bad John
6 posters

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Heroes and Demons OTD Thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: Heroes and Demons OTD Thread.

Post  Manny May 12th 2013, 10:16 pm

Manny wrote:intangibility (go through stuff)

See that stuff in brackets? That be what intangibility is.

So basically what John said.

O and I came back from watching Iron Man 3.

SPOLIER ALERT:

There was a startling similarity between what the villain does in that movie and what Lucifer does in this story.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 12th 2013, 10:20 pm

I loved the twist in that movie. I found it hilarious. Laughed out loud.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 12th 2013, 10:24 pm

Bad John wrote:I loved the twist in that movie. I found it hilarious. Laughed out loud.
    lol. So did the theatre. But the similarity WAS wierd.

SPOLIER ALERT;

Except Alpha isn't an actor.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 12th 2013, 10:25 pm

I just went to go see that this weekend! It was cool, the guys screwed up and sent us into the Pain and Gain room, realized their mistakes about the time the movie started *which was a grueling hour of waiting through previews mind you*, and gave us four VIP passes. Free movies, free popcorn, and free soda.

Loved the movie, but the coolest thing is they do gaming on the big screen. They invited us to play Injustice with them, almost beat their asses with Aquaman. They've invited us to do it more frequently, yep, befriending the owners of the movie theater is pretty boss.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 12th 2013, 11:34 pm

Guess I'm the only one that disliked Iron Man 3, here. I just thought it was too cliche--not to mention predictable-- even if it was funny.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 12th 2013, 11:44 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:Guess I'm the only one that disliked Iron Man 3, here. I just thought it was too cliche--not to mention predictable-- even if it was funny.
    It wasn't Avengers good, I'll give you that. The whole AIM thing was really rushed. In the comics that spans an entire story arc... And they tried to squish it into one movie. The Iron Patriot is also a villain in the comics, controlled by Norman Osborn, aka the Green Goblin. War Machine stays as War Machine.

But I liked Iron Man 3, and felt I got my money's worth. I wasn't blown away like I was with the Avengers or the Hobbit, but I came out satisfied. That's all I ask for.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 13th 2013, 12:22 am

Doctor Jensen wrote:Guess I'm the only one that disliked Iron Man 3, here. I just thought it was too cliche--not to mention predictable-- even if it was funny.

Eh. To each his own. I liked it. Not enough action for my taste, but it stayed true to the spirit of the relationships it built upon in 1 and 2.

There were iffy moments, and some areas where I saw some seams in the story, but I enjoyed it.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 13th 2013, 3:23 pm

I'll go.

I'll be using Alfred, and Tony.

Tony is the Demon assassin that I posted about earlier. All black, can turn invisible, can alter the noise levels of the sounds he makes. All meant to be the perfect military assassin.

Alfred will be hanging around as well.

Bryce may have picked up six hostiles, but that doesn't mean all six are allies.

Tony is with Lucifer, and Alfred is with Alpha. ...Technically allies now that I think about it.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 13th 2013, 3:26 pm

Do you intend to have Al and Angel arrive?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 13th 2013, 3:32 pm

I'll have them spot each other at least.

Not sure how Angel fights.

Demon is, as you said, a predator so it's fitting for him to use fangs and claws.

But if Angel is a "prey" target... How does it fight?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 13th 2013, 3:53 pm

Its MENTALITY is that of a prey animal, but its fighting style is entirely unique.

When attacking something it perceives as a threat, it lashes with its ten, thin "tendrils." They can sharpen like razor blades, stiffen into hard antlers, lash like whips, or wrap around you to hold you in place while it administers a lethal bite with its teeth. It's not very strong, and Jordan could send it flying with a single punch, but its strength lies in its speed. It can run as fast as Demon, but its tendrils are frighteningly fast, and can administer a killing blow to a normal human. They're about nine feet long each.

When it sees a "predator," it flees, lashing at the predator when it gets too close. If cornered, it will fight, but Demon's thick skin, ability to withstand pain, and his sheer killing power should win the day.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 13th 2013, 5:59 pm

I'll probably have to hold off on my post.

Chemistry test tomorrow, physics test wednesday, religion essay due wednesday.

And I haven't done much work on any of these because I was away. Sad

Life kinda sucks right now. I'll try and get a post in, which will mainly consist of an explanation as to where villains numbers 5 and 6 are.

If you guys want to type up the Angel's arrival, and/or Alejandro's deployment by Saffore/Marie feel free to do so.

I just thought I should give you guys a heads up instead of making you guys wait.

Last edited by Manny on May 13th 2013, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 13th 2013, 6:02 pm

How about I go next?

I'll bring in Angel, write a decent scuffle, and give Al the incentive to arrive.

Then, after that, Manny can handle the Angel/Demon battle exclusively.

Like that?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 13th 2013, 6:06 pm

Sounds better.

Gives me time to deal with my stuff, and then I can actually focus on the post.

I just don't want to leave you guys waiting.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 13th 2013, 6:07 pm

I'll have something up soon. Maybe even tonight.

I'll consult you in private about Al's entrance. Expect a message immediately.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 14th 2013, 9:51 pm

Bad John wrote:Bryce is too exhausted to fight. The new guy did his best, but he's UNCONCIOUS. What are these things?! Saffore gave Alejandro, who was clearly twice as tense as the rest of the room combined.
    Gave him a what?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 14th 2013, 10:38 pm

A look.

I forgot to write that part while searching for words. XD
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 15th 2013, 12:32 am

The both of you wrote some good parts. I may add a part as well.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 19th 2013, 12:47 am

Manny, you should add a part broski.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 25th 2013, 11:00 am

Doctor Jensen wrote:Manny, you should add a part broski.
    Done, just in case nobody noticed.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 25th 2013, 11:18 am

I noticed. It was a good part.

A lot more...collateral than I figured, but it IS the goddamn DEMON, after all.

If nobody else wants to go, I will. I'll proposition Vale to see if he wants to write the next part.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 25th 2013, 11:41 am

Lol, well I didn't want it pulling an Avengers Hulk where Bruce learned to control it within hours. Say what you may, but he didn't seem to have a whole lot of control when the SHIELD ship was being attacked.

Demon just went on a rampage the other day. Alejandro's not going to learn to control that overnight.

That and I figured human forces would still be hostile towards it after the destruction of downtown Crisis city.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 25th 2013, 7:15 pm

Manny wrote:
    Doctor Jensen wrote:Manny, you should add a part broski.
    Done, just in case nobody noticed.
    Noted. You can go if it pleases ya, John. I'll wait my turn.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 25th 2013, 7:43 pm

Well he did say IF no one else wanted to to, but I suppose it's best to wait.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 26th 2013, 12:50 am

Hey, so just so we're clear, there are two words I don't like Sam to use unless he so unbelievably pissed off, that they just slip out. Those to words are the 'f word' and saying God. And with God, it's in the context of like "Oh my god" or "what in God's name just happened?!" However, he would obviously use God to reference to... God. Or, he'd say something like "god-forsaken" land.

Just so we're clear. No harm, no foul if they've been used before.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 4:12 pm