Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

5 posters

My Introduction

GeorgeK_16
    GeorgeK_16

My Introduction Empty My Introduction

Post  GeorgeK_16 April 6th 2013, 9:47 am

Hello. I am George, as my somewhat uninspired username would suggest.

May I begin by congratulating the membership of Halo Database upon creating a bastion for those who share an affinity for fan fiction. Too few mediums presently exist whereby one may employ their passions for both Halo and creative writing. Halo Database is further endowed with supportive and like minded members; a fact that has become evident upon my reviewing past forum topics. To be part of such a community is an opportunity that I relish greatly.

My interest in fan fiction initially arose following the advent of Halo 3. The intriguing nature of Halo lore served as the contextual basis upon which I could create narrative; thereby satisfying my passion for creative writing. Although my initial works focused upon the UNSC, I promptly developed an interest in the Covenant. It is my experience that such stories permit an original and engaging development of both characters and plot. Within the Halo canon, there exist numerous facets to the Covenant that prospective writers may utilise. On a separate note, I have also entertained the notion of developing a machinima script. Unsurprisingly, the plot of said machinima would have also placed great emphasis upon the Covenant.

Regarding Halo, my appreciation for these remarkable games is primarily founded upon their enthralling campaigns. I maintain that few other games can boast such engaging and masterfully crafted singleplayer experiences. Furthermore, subsequent to Halo 3, I have also developed a passion for Halo's multiplayer component. Having partaken of it extensively in Halo 3, SWAT has become the competitive playlist from which I derive the greatest edification. Supplementary to SWAT, I also employ Forge to craft infection themed and aesthetically orientated maps.

Beyond Halo, I often find myself engrossed with my studies (in the fields of Law and Politics). However, I do have ample time to indulge my interests for Astronomy, Chess, Debating (oratory) and writing.

Once again, I wish to express my gratitude for having been granted the opportunity to join Halo Database. I eagerly await the opportunity to contribute to the website and converse with its membership.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

My Introduction Empty Re: My Introduction

Post  Manny April 6th 2013, 10:20 am

Well George welcome to Halo Database! We welcome you with open arms.

Being a fan of the various Covenant races myself, I look forward to reading your stories. I think your studies in law might help when describing the Covenant hierarchy and such.

Anyways, welcome aboard George.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 6th 2013, 11:52 am

-And it is our distinct pleasure to allow you within our midst! Welcome aboard George. We had already informally introduced ourselves in the chatbox, but I feel a more formal introduction is warranted.

My name is Shad0wChas3r, or Morgan, should you prefer to use that. I am one of the Co-founders of the Original Database back on Bungie.net. As time went on, our Founder had important things to take care of, and left us with me in charge. Following the most recent asthetic changes to the site, I promptly decided to make this site a much more user friendly place. Hence why we are here now, it took me a day to design the site, and while there is still much to do, this is our new home.

I will admit that our Community tends to lean more towards the UNSC side of the spectrum. But some of us, like Manny has said, do go for the Covenant side of things. I read part of your story at HBO, and I loved every moment of it. I eagerly anticipate to see more of your works.

Should you ever have a question about the site, feel free to post in the appropriate thread on the main site, or PM me directly.

Thank you for choosing Halo Database, and I hope you enjoy your time with us.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 6th 2013, 12:36 pm

Hi.

I don't have an intro.

Have fun, contribute, and remember, things needn't happen to be true in your heart. Tales and dreams truly matter when you put your heart and mind in them. Smile
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 7th 2013, 9:09 pm

Welcome George, I hope to see some of your stories in the near future. Keep in mind you are also endowed with the ability to post other fan fiction material within the area called Halo Database. I currently am working on a Republic Commando one, but I am very fond of Halo, its fiction, and the fan fiction created after it.

Welcome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content