Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

4 posters

"The Eight"

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

"The Eight" Empty "The Eight"

Post  Manny March 20th 2013, 11:23 pm

Inspired by John's idea of the four Horsemen's origins, this is just a one shot. Nothing too elaborate and mainly for fun. However it does depict something I believe would happen. If YOU created the Horsemen...wouldn’t you feel terrible?

My name is Atum, and this is most likely my final log. Behind me you can see eight tubes, four red and four white. The red ones are what I was told to create, or rather what is inside the tubes. I was told to create new breeds of warriors. Through extensive genetic engineering and biological augmentations, I completed my mission as soon as possible.

But I still wasn't fast enough.

The San ‘Shyuum bought us some time, but eventually the enemy proved to be too much. Too powerful, too fast, and too ruthless. We had to step in and aid them, and I have no regrets about that. It's what allies should do.

This second war didn't need to happen though. I've tried and tried to convince the higher ups to contact the Forerunners, but they wouldn't listen. They said we needed everyone in the war effort. The fools lead us into a two front war, not thinking that we could have sent ONE vessel far ahead of us to contact the Forerunners. We won the first one, through the use of genetic engineering. By the time we "won", our military strength was almost depleted. So we attempted to use genetic engineering to our advantage again, except this time we aimed to improve Humans. Something that we always seem to strive for.

This drive, and the instinct of survival, drove the generals to order me to create these things. They behave like men, speak like men, and even look like men... But they are not.

I had created super soldiers capable of destruction beyond measure. Men with the power of the apocalypse at their hands. They were finished months ago... But I didn't tell the generals. I could not release these monsters without some way of checking their powers. So I told my superiors that I was only halfway done, which was partially true.

I had finished creating the four soldiers, but I had yet to create their counterparts. Those who would keep them in line, with equally powerful capabilities to restore whatever damage they had done.

I had created men who were warriors, full of destruction. Now I had created women who were caretakers, full of creation. They would maintain a balance with each other.

They are named: Peace, Bounty, Health, and Life. Opposites to what the previous four stood for.

Peace has the power of being able to calm others, bringing an end to conflicts. Everything about her is peaceful: her voice, her face, her touch, even her smell. All them designed to toy with Human psychology to create, what some may say, a peaceful aura around her. Able to feel the emotions of others, so she can sympathize with them and earn their trust. Her abilities for peace only increase when peace reigns.

Bounty can speed up vegetation growth and communicate with animals, able to heal entire ecosystems. She releases beneficial super viruses by touch, who then rewrite the genetic code of organism to improve them, most useful when accelerating vegetation growth. Her vocal chords are complex and flexible, and her ears can hear all frequencies, allowing her to be able to imitate almost any noise perfectly, most useful when communicating with animals. It is in her nature to be generous and giving towards all life.

Then there is Health. She is an expert in medicine, both natural and synthesized. She can better organisms through genetic therapy and she is always determined to aid others. Able to send electrochemical impulses from her hand to the brain of another, she can even instruct their body's movements and sensations. Through this, she is able to remove the feeling of pain itself. She believes in the use of science for the betterment of all species.

Finally there is Life, perhaps the pinnacle of the four. She is selfless and caring, willing to give everything for others. Her most unique trait is setting things right., especially wounds She is gifted with infectious “super” cancer which does sound terrible at first. Cancer spreads very quickly, the result of cells dividing far too quickly. I began to look at cancer and found that it didn’t bring death. It brought life, far too much. So Life, the caretaker, has also been given a virus to target cancer. After infecting an organism with cancer, the virus will target these cells and revert them into stem cells. From here the stem cells will grow into the necessary cells needed to cure whatever wound they have been created in. Unfortunately she cannot use this ability on herself, so she can sustain fatal wounds like the rest of my creations.

These caretakers are not combatants, but the warriors obviously are. To remedy this, I have given them nearly invincible armour that is remarkable, even by our standards; lower civilizations could only see it as god like. Energy shielding of the highest strength, carbon fibre robes, and armour of the strongest metals.

The warriors however... they are to be the guardians of the caretakers. The Eight can sense each other, and with this ability they will be able to tell when one of them is in danger.

Nothing in this galaxy is complete without its opposite. There cannot be War without Peace, Famine without Bounty, Health without Pestilence, and Life without Death. I believe that, in time, they will realize the truth of my statement, and find their fates to be intertwined with the caretakers. Together they will maintain a balance within Humanity, and perhaps within the galaxy.

Should the might of these warriors not prove enough, I have also created an augment. It is a liquid imbued with genetic information, able to take effect almost immediately due to its high solubility in blood. Every part of the body is optimized, and with their already mighty abilities I cannot imagine what could overcome one my warriors after taking this augment. I have sealed this liquid inside a crystal, which has been hidden away on one of our planets. It survived Flood infestation miraculously, so I will take that as a sign of good luck. It will be safe there, hidden away.

BOOM

Time is short now, and I must go soon. The Forerunners have stormed the facility, aware that we, I, am up to something. I would like to release my warriors, have them fight off the Forerunners so that I could live to see another day.

But where would we go? We have no more ships, and they are but four soldiers. Despite their abilities, all my work would be lost eventually. No, they must live and aid Humanity from elsewhere. So I am sending them to Erde-Tyrne via slip space, to a secret location. The San ‘Shyuum have given me time locks for these capsules, and I have set them to activate some time from now. Perhaps a few months, after I can present my findings to the Lord Of Admirals and retrieve my work. I do not know if my documents will survive this siege, but I do know that if I send them out now, I can work backward from the finished product and derive a process of creation from there.

Now I have to go. I’ll either die here, be taken prisoner, or escape. All I know is that I can rest easy now, knowing that I have done something to keep the power of the four warriors in check.

If you have something to add, like a more appropriate name for the Horsemen's counterparts, please feel free to share. I may or may not do a second part, perhaps discuss the fates of the caretakers. No more than three parts though.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

"The Eight" Empty Re: "The Eight"

Post  Bad John March 21st 2013, 12:08 am

O_o

DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT!!!

Is this open canon?! Can I help?! I WANNA HELP!!!

This is like friggin Christmas. You're a goddamn GENIUS, Manny boy. A motherfucking goddamn GENIUS.

Where would their allegiance lie? Where would they have been all this time? What would they LOOK like? This should be canon NOW!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 21st 2013, 12:52 am

Bad John wrote:
    Is this open canon?! Can I help?! I WANNA HELP!!!
    We'll see. I'm leaning towards semi-open. I've decided to do a second part to this. I'll decide after that.
    Bad John wrote:
    This is like friggin Christmas. You're a goddamn GENIUS, Manny boy. A motherfucking goddamn GENIUS.
    Very Happy YAY!
    Bad John wrote:
    Where would their allegiance lie? Where would they have been all this time? What would they LOOK like? This should be canon NOW!
    Their allegiance would lie with Humanity, but not in the same way as the Horsemen. More or less trying to set up Humans to have the proper morals to uphold the mantle (if they know about the mantle I'm not sure but that's basically where they'd be going with it).

They'd be in exile or dead. Maybe with the cyrstal augment. We'll see.

...They'd look like humans. Like the Horsemen. Or are you asking for an actual description?

Should it be canon? Hell yes. Will it be? Most likely. Will we see them post-2553? Maybe.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 21st 2013, 2:17 am

I mean in terms of physical appearance.

I imagine Bounty having green hair, but that's about all I got in terms of physical attributes.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 21st 2013, 8:02 am

Highly intriguing.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 21st 2013, 10:41 am

This is by far the most ingenious thing I have ever witnessed! If I may, perhaps I could help out? That's entirely up to you, of course.

As for appearances, I see Peace or Health with some sort of blue attached to them, as their name might imply. Alternatively, Peace could retain a white aura, like a Morning Dove, while Health is blue, or something of that kind.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

"The Eight" Empty The Eight: Part 2

Post  Manny March 21st 2013, 6:42 pm

Imma do six parts actually. I have enough text for that. Anyways, these are the original incarnations of the four Horsemen. They move from body to body, so the four Horsemen we all know and love are the product of thousands of years. This is but their beginnings.

War gazed down at the puddle of water that had formed at the entrance of the cave. He stared down at his reflection, to get a glimpse of who he was. He didn't know actually.

They had emerged from dusty pods, which had apparently opened all by themselves. He had a vague memory of the metal being shiny once, but it seemed so far ago. Regardless he still hadn't seen himself.

He looked down, without hesitation, and found an ordinary human being. Well somewhat ordinary. He had black hair and tanned skin, deep red eyes, and a very serious stare. He was clean shaven... For now. War had this feeling that they were on a desolate world, a place civilization hadn't touched. He could be wrong, but he was a warrior. If he sensed something was wrong... Something was wrong.

"What are you looking at?" asked his "brother" Famine. They were similar in origin, a pod, and both had extraordinary abilities. By the time the other six had awakened, War and Famine had hunted down a large beast with their bare hands. A brother in arms indeed.

"Myself," War turned to look at Famine. He was around the same height, with brown hair and brown eyes. His skin was different, more pale. Not that it mattered, but War found that curious.

"Well Bounty sent me out to go get you. Time to eat!" Famine said slapping War on the back. War walked ahead, ready to meet once again with the other six. He wasn't particularly fond of them.

Farther into the cave was a large space, with a gaping hole in the roof, hopefully it didn't rain any time soon. Above a fireplace sat the other six, Death and Pestilence chatting with them. The caretakers. Those who would seek to restrain the immense power of the warriors due to such flimsy things as morals.

But they had cooked him a meal, and he wasn't one to waste resources. Famine sat down on a large flat rock, War sitting next to him.

Across from War sat Peace. Peace, a female of their species, and somebody who stood for everything he was against. It seemed every thing he did, she had an argument for it. She'd protested against War even going outside for a bit, claiming that it wasn't safe. War had brought a beast back dead; he was more than confident in his abilities.

Peace looked up from her meal and smiled at him. She had pale skin and brown hair, like Famine. Her eyes were an odd colour though, deep blue. He wasn't sure if that was meant to reflect his own eyes, perhaps to show that peace and war were related... Somehow.

Beside Peace sat Life, who seemed to be the youngest in the group. She appeared to have just reached adulthood, and she certainly acted her age. Some of her tones and expression were simply childish, others not so much. War had no real interest in Life, she was just a red haired, blue eyed curiosity to War. He wouldn't require her to heal him, not for a long time. Maybe never if he was strong enough.

While eating War observed Bounty getting up to prepare more food. Of the four, Bounty seemed like the most warrior like, with well defined muscles for a female. Like Famine, she was related to nature. Except she gave back to nature rather than solely consume like Famine.

Her hair was an odd colour, green. However it was a healthy green, like that vegetation. The green of Pestilence eyes was like a rotten plant. Her skin was tanned, much like War's and her eyes were yellow. Quite odd indeed.

Health was perhaps the least odd of them all. Most likely to not scare off any humans she might need to heal. She had skin like Death's, tanned but not like War's or Bounty's. Even lighter than that.

War finished his meal and got up, wanting to do something.

"Where are you going?" asked Peace, concern on her face.

"To scout the immediate area," War replied, fairly annoyed.

"We don't know what it's like out there,"

"Exactly why we should scout it, not stay here hidden like cowards" War retorted. Everyone fell silent at that, watching the events unfold. Some agreed with War, others agreed with Peace.

Famine got up, not one for waiting either.

"I'll join War, and we'll see what it's like. It's probably nice outside anyways. Better than in here," Famine announced.

"Excellent. Well then 'brother' let's head out," War said before leaving the other six behind, Famine right behind him.

Peace signed as War and Famine walked out. Their power had made them arrogant, their pride blind. If they were going to aid Humanity they had to do it together. It was what the scripture had said.

The Scripture. It had been so vague in describing their roles and their mission. It had said one simple sentence: "Aid humanity with your abilities, but first and foremost do it together".

Peace had found it attached to her capsule, and tried hard to figure out its meaning. When Life had exited her's, she had found The Dossier which detailed all their abilities.

Peace had yet to show it to any of the warriors, for fear of what they would do. She didn't know if War or Famine had seen it, for they had awoken first. She did know that the warriors were unaware of their origins... Perhaps the creator had intended for that to happen.

Peace remembered everything, as did her sisters. The warriors had been mystified by the Scripture, unaware of its meaning. That's when she knew their memories had been erased.

She could remember the creator begging her to keep them in check. Of course she was stuck in a tube and couldn't reply, but she had made a mental promise to do so.

Even if she had to manipulate the warriors.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 21st 2013, 7:01 pm

Oh. Peace is keeping secrets.

This is good stuff.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 21st 2013, 9:32 pm

War stood there, furious with the person in front of him. His fury was almost impossible to curb but the person in front of him had done everything in her power to do so.

It had worked, partially. She was still alive after five minutes, but War knew that if she didn't give him what he wanted then he would kill her. Simple as that. His legacy was at stake.

"Give. Me. The. Child." War said, for what seemed to be the millionth time.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that War. Not until you promise me that you will not raise him to be like you," the women had her back to War.

"I am WAR! DO YOU THINK YOU CAN BARGAIN WITH ME?!" War screamed. The women flinched, never having heard War scream. He was usually so calm and collected, never yelling, occasionally putting emphasis on certain words, and rarely raising his voice. War screaming was not a good sign.

"I do not fear you. You cannot kill me," War interrupted Peace with a grunt.

"War cannot exist without Peace. You are not Death. You cannot kill me" Peace replied.

"We will see..." War said before walking away.

He was weak. His human body was still riddled with human emotions... He did not have the strength to murder her. He needed help.

Famine approached the camp fire, Pestilence and Death behind him.

Death was dressed in a black hooded robe as always, his scythe doubling as a walking stick. Death pulled down his hood to reveal his ghastly white skin and pink eyes. He was an albino.

Pestilence stood next to him, a shaman of sorts. He was large and muscular, his skin dark as night. His green eyes focusing intently on War's.

Famine leaned against a tree and crossed his arms, cleaning his teeth. War had noticed over the past few years that Famine was turning from a respectable hunter into a sadistic predator. He had mixed feelings about that.

Then again, he didn't see Famine often. Death and Pestilence much less. They had gone their separate ways, dominating human civilizations wherever they went.

They only returned whenever the Caretakers called them. To discuss things of importance, such as whether to intervene in Human wars or not. These meeting took days to determine a course of action. War was more than happy when they were over. This meeting was different however, War had called them instead of Peace.

"You summoned us for a reason War, out with it," Death said quietly. War was very hard to unnerve, but something about Death's new form was unsettling.

"Brothers... Are you aware of the Dossier?" War asked. The other warriors shook their heads.

"Then let me show you it," War said, holding out some sort of holographic tablet. Based on the technology, they could only assume it had come from the cave where they first awoke.

Death, Famine, and Pestilence gathered around the screen reading it. When they were done, Pestilence gave it back with shaking hands.

"They... Kept this from us? Our TRUE potential?" Pestilence asked, a tremor in his voice.

"Indeed. They lied to us, and the stone... The stone is hidden. They want its power for themselves," War said. He wasn't sure about the stone... But he did know that everything Peace had ever said to him was a lie, including the claim that he couldn't kill her. If there was constant war, what room would there be for peace? The stone was merely something for his brothers to rally behind.

"Where is it?" Death asked, his voice still quiet.

"I don't know, but I am sure it is with them. We must find them, and we must kill them,"

Famine and Pestilence seemed somewhat taken aback. Death nodded, not caring. He liked War, he really did. War and death went hand in hand, but with Pestilence and Famine at his sides there could only be more death.

"Indeed. Brothers, if what War says is true, what else have they kept from us?" Death asked.

Famine and Pestilence looked at each other before looking at Death, then War.

"Famine, last time we met you discovered that eating animals made you stronger, faster, better even. With the Dossier you now know that you can transform into them. Tell me... Would that not have made life easier?" War asked.

"It would have... "

"Now imagine your powers if you were to consume one of the Caretakers?"

Famine looked at him, thinking it over. He had never eaten a human before... But the power involved was too much to resist. It would only occur once in his lifetime...

"...What about souls?" Famine asked. It was a concept he heard about throughout the various Human civilizations he had visited. He didn’t want to be consuming that.

"They come to me... And me only," Death answered ever so quietly.

"See? Nothing to concern yourself with Famine. What do you think Pestilence?" War said, moving onto the fourth warrior.

"If what you say is true... They cannot be trusted. We must go for the stone. There is untold power for us with it,"

War smiled and looked each of his newfound brothers in the eyes. Red met brown, then green, then pink. Together, they would become GODS. He could feel his brothers reacting to his thought of godhood.

And so the four warriors began their coup.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 23rd 2013, 11:44 am

Peace was thrown to the ground, red marks all over her neck. War stood tall and proud above her, finally having cornered her.

This would be the final battle. The warriors had chased them across the globe, engaging in battles that could only be described as clashes between gods. The ultimate battle between offence and defence.

Every single time the Caretakers were within death’s grasp, they would escape via teleportation. Peace had some kind of device, disguised a necklace. Now that he had ripped it from her neck, she was stuck here with him.

"Where is the stone?" War asked.

"It's not here. It's not on this planet. I've looked for it," Peace replied.

"To keep it from us? The TRUE guardians of Humanity?!" War shouted.

Peace didn't reply. War had guessed her reasons for wanting the stone. It turned out that to reach the stone she would have to leave Earth. The coordinates to the stone were on War’s capsule, but at the time of awakening no one had bothered to look. Peace had gone back, recalling the strange symbols. Unfortunately her necklace was now on the ground.

"Ignorant wretch. With that stone we could unite Humanity!"

"Through fear!"

"We would drive them to improve themselves. They would learn the true meaning of power and strive to obtain it. You would turn them into sloths, content to do nothing! What you fail to realize is that war is the main cause of human progress! Peace turns them into sloths! You would reduce them to that?!" War shouted.

"You would sow death, sickness, and famine. You would become a mere pawn of your 'brothers'!"

"No, Peace. I would use deaths to spark wars, sickness as a weapon, and famine as a cause to rally. Under me, I would liberate Humans from those who would oppress them. I would lead them to war."

"And when you die? Those who live by the sword did by the sword," Peace replied.

War paused. He didn't know if he was immortal or not. He aged considerably slower than the average human, but he HAD aged. He needed a successor.

"...The Child!" War exclaimed. Peace shook her head.

"I will not repeat myself," War drew his crude sword. Peace simply looked at him, tears of regret streaming down her face. This was her fault, for manipulating him. She had tried to maintain the peace by preventing War from doing what he did best. Instead she had only enraged him, and would continue to do so. She shook her head.

"FAMINE! DEATH! PESTILENCE!" War shouted. His brothers walked in, throwing their unconscious prey in front of Peace. Peace looked at her fallen sisters, none of them a match for the warriors in front of them. Their powers were not made for combat, Bounty being the most warrior like had lasted the longest, but even she fell. She even had a bite wound, and Peace could only guess the meat in Famine’s mouth was Bounty’s flesh. Pestilence had obviously injected them with something since her sisters had darts sticking out of their necks. And Death... Death sat at the back of the group, sharpening his scythe. She couldn’t see under his hood, but she could sense that he felt the end was near. The guardians had turned on the very beings they were supposed to protect.

“If you don’t tell me where I can find it then I will kill you. That is guarantee.” Peace looked into War’s eyes. The creator created her and her sisters in an attempt to atone for the monsters he had created. What the creator had made, she had perfected. There was no hesitation in his eyes, no uncertainty. He would do it.

“I don’t know...” Peace said, still looking War in the eye. The man’s tanned skin was red with anger. He wanted to know where the child was. His brothers probably thought he was talking about the stone.

Famine grabbed the necklace off the ground and started spinning it. He was getting bored, he just wanted to get to the part where he ate them. He had tasted human flesh...and he hungered for more.

“Tell me...” War said, pressing his sword up to Peace’s neck. A thin trickle of blood starting to leak out. Peace said nothing.

“Get on with it!” Famine was preparing to whip the necklace at her.

“Famine! NO!” Too late. Famine released the necklace and Peace caught it. War looked back at Famine and then to Peace as if to verify what he had seen. In the split second it had taken him to turn around Peace had activate the necklace. In the other split second it took War to look back, Peace and gathered her sisters and a slip space bubble enveloped them, the portal closing in around them at a rapid pace.

It was small enough for Peace to extend her hand and use the power she swore never to use. Erase memories. There was a flash of bright light and the warriors were left dashed, only parts of their memories intact. Everything that was related to the Caretakers was wiped clean from their minds, and with that final act the portal closed.

They had been exiled by the warriors. Kicked off Earth. All they had left to do was guard the stone and pray that the four warriors never found their way there. Earth was now at the mercy of the apocalyptic warriors. It was as if the Caretakers were no more.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 23rd 2013, 11:57 am

Yowza.

I wonder where they went.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 23rd 2013, 1:51 pm

Whoops. Forgot to add in the final paragraph. I'll do it later tonight.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 23rd 2013, 3:30 pm

Peace sat alone in a chamber with a crystal in the middle. Health was tending to her sisters, giving special attention to Bounty's bite wound.

Peace had made War worse, and he had made his brothers worse as well. Indirectly, it was her fault.

Death, originally a neutral force whom was to bring balance to populations. His role in the war would have been to even out Human and Forerunner numbers. Now he was malevolent force, seeking death upon all to satisfy himself.

Famine, originally meant to take from ecosystems and examine ecological threats. With a hunter's mindset he would know what was amiss in an ecosystem. It would have been useful to detect future flood infection early, and a great aid in understanding the terrain of a battlefield. Now he was a sadistic predator, a cannibal even.

Pestilence, designed to understand biological ailments. His expertise was using biological weapons, but it was just that. Now he sought power beyond measure.

War... War had no other purpose than to wage war. He was a soldier, one with incredible powers. Peace's sole purpose was to retrain him and the effects of his actions. She had one job, ONE job, and she had failed.

There was no redemption for War. No corruption. War had stayed true to his original purpose. Something even Peace hadn't done. She had become deceitful and manipulative. Wad had done his job properly.

Now she would guard the crystal, to prevent War from ever getting his hands on it... Or the child.

Her child. His child. THEIR child.

The result of her deception. She had manipulated War's human side into falling in love. With a name like Peace, no one suspected anything.

It was deception at first, then love. But that all fell apart when War found the Dossier. Peace had added onto it, using it to record her thoughts and feelings. She couldn't keep her guilt to herself, but she couldn't tell anyone. At the time, Humans had yet to to invent proper writing tools and paper.

When War found the Dossier, he had confronted her in rage. He wanted his child back. She had denied him what even mortals had: a family.

War would have never been a suitable father. The child would have become his next host, and War would have ensured it. War would eventually drive the child to kill his original human body, thus transferring his essence into the child. No child of her was to carry that legacy.

She had left the child, whom looked strikingly similar to War, in a place he would not look. High up the mountains, she left her child with a people who called themselves the "Incas". They were a small group, just beginning to make their mark. She could tell they were capable of great things.

And so was her child, the product between Peace and War. Although she had thoroughly checked that her child had no powers, she was still nervous about leaving her boy on Earth, but he needed to be with his own kind. With the powers of War and Peace cancelling out, the child was but a normal human being... well almost normal. Inheriting the oral skills of both his parents the child would be able to sway people to his cause easily, whatever it may be.

Her legacy...or rather THEIR legacy, the legacy of Peace and War, was the epitome of Humanity. Their child was capable of GREAT things, if he chose to do so. Humans would rally to his cause and together they would build their future. However, her son could go beyond that. All he needed was the augment from the stone, or the essence transfer of his mother or father. From there he, or any his descendants, could become more powerful than any of the eight. All all he needed to do was realize it.

Humanity would rise again, and becoming a spacefaring empire. They would recolonize, and perhaps they might find this planet. Perhaps one of her descendants would come here and find the stone before the warriors. But for now her son would be human and so would his descendants, and like humans, they would be a mystery. And whether her descendants chose to use their power for good or evil... was a mystery as well.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 23rd 2013, 5:53 pm

Hm.

Who ARE the kid's descendants? :3
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 23rd 2013, 6:42 pm

Can't tell if serious question or sarcasm...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 23rd 2013, 7:18 pm

Manny wrote:Can't tell if serious question or sarcasm...

Hm. I feel like I missed something now. Lemme re-read.

YUP. Sure enough, I missed two paragraphs.

CURSE my foolish vision.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 23rd 2013, 10:17 pm

Bad John wrote:

CURSE my foolish vision.
    Can you guess now?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 23rd 2013, 10:21 pm

Manny wrote:
    Bad John wrote:

CURSE my foolish vision.
    Can you guess now?
    I could wager a guess. Razz

So, any plans to feature the Creators in the current storyline? I have a few ideas I could start on in Neura.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 23rd 2013, 10:28 pm

Bad John wrote:
    Manny wrote:
    Bad John wrote:

CURSE my foolish vision.
    Can you guess now?
    I could wager a guess. Razz

So, any plans to feature the Creators in the current storyline? I have a few ideas I could start on in Neura.
    Somewhat.

First contact between Legionnaire scouts and the Caretakers would occur sometime between Halo 3 and Halo 4.

Sometime in the later years. Maybe 2556 or so.

So by then Manuel would be "dark Manuel". The one we see in the collab and the latest chapter or neura.

However the threat of the Didact obviously became first priority come 2557 and so, Legion troops were pulled of the planet. They plan to return now in full force.

I'm talking Halo Wars bases and shit. The stuff of hard core RTS players.

I'd like to imagine it's also a source of Promethan activity, given the Forerunners' relationship with ancient humanity.

ONI and the Legion will have that place in lock down mode in the months after Halo 4, explaining their lack of activity on Requiem.

One thing to note, the Caretakers are extremely cautious of Forerunners. They don't trust them, and believe it's humanity time to become better guardians of the galaxy.

So basically what the Librarian thought of Humanity, except the Caretakers would even be wary of her.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 23rd 2013, 10:42 pm

So at the point of Neura, the Legion is well aware of the Caretaker's existence, and they're currently in custody or under watch?

That kinda scratches out the idea I had for Neura. >.> I'll just play it by ear and wait for you to do something with them, and mind my own business until then.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 23rd 2013, 10:55 pm

Bad John wrote:So at the point of Neura, the Legion is well aware of the Caretaker's existence, and they're currently in custody or under watch?

That kinda scratches out the idea I had for Neura. >.> I'll just play it by ear and wait for you to do something with them, and mind my own business until then.

Well first contact doesn't mean they sat down and had a chat with them. More like a sighting. My bad on the wording.

The situation, as it stands, is like a "we know something is in there, we just don't know what". Full military action has been authorized because ONI and the Legion think it could be anything from a new alien species to the Flood.

The only clue that it is them is the Horsemen have a "feeling". Famine apparently has dreams from what I've seen in the Legion Roster.

Walter's about as obsessed about finding out what is causing that feeling as Hitler was about taking over Europe.

I'll tell you right now, the planet is Heian. The one with human like ruins.

They're hiding out in some mountains. The Legion was sent to investigate since ONI and UNSC were too busy dealing with Humanity's reconstruction and exploring Forerunner tech.

They got there, set up a few outposts, and were recalled because the Didact launched his assault on Earth. ONI and UNSC assumed it was going to be a full out war.

As they return to Heian, a lot of things could happen.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 24th 2013, 12:01 am

Mind if Nine meets them?

With the story arc I have planned out, it's either that, or something of equal value. Either way, a certain, set conflict will occur, so having them be around would be a nice bonus.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 24th 2013, 12:32 am

I don't see why Freelancer personnel wouldn't be allowed on the planet in limited numbers.

Not sure what'd they tell him. He's been tampered with by the Librarian (I think you said he had a Geas or something). They'd be wary of Forerunner intervention.

Other than that, I don't see why they wouldn't say hi if he stumbled upon them.

Perhaps tell him something about the descendant. Explain that Walter isn't the original War.

Oh and offence isn't their strong point. They kinda got rolfstomped by the Horsemen, only escaping and never winning. Great support units though, being able to endure a lot of the Horsemen's attacks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 4:56 am