Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

3 posters

Simple and Clean.

It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Simple and Clean. Empty Simple and Clean.

Post  It's Kruger March 7th 2013, 1:57 pm

So, this is a story John and I are going to start and hopefully finish. It is set in the Kingdom Hearts universe. John doesn't know jack about the verse, so it's up to me to help him write it in a way to make it easy for us all to understand. So, bear with us, and enjoy.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Simple and Clean. Empty Re: Simple and Clean.

Post  Bad John March 7th 2013, 2:17 pm

There are themes in it we can all relate to. Loss, inferiority, living up to an image that you frankly can't see in the mirror anymore. Most importantly, friendship and courage.

But I know fuck-all-next-to-nothing about the universe, so Vale's mah co writer.

We hope you enjoy, and we'll start 'er up when we're ready.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 10th 2013, 4:30 am

Interval 1: Present of Future End

The early morning sun peered through the crack in the window curtain. Hundreds of thousands of miles away, and that one crack of light somehow hit Vai directly in the eye.

What was specifically annoying about the beam of light was the fact that it, by some sort of divine power, moved right back to Vai's same eye whenever he shifted his position.

Eventually, Vai awoke from his slumber. Not a nap, a slumber. He had developed Rendo's ability to sleep in over the past year.

With a pained grunt and a light head, the young man stood up in nothing but an undershirt and his underwear; he found it more comfortable to sleep that way, as opposed to sleeping in sweaty, irritating pajamas.

Vai kicked open the chest on the floor pushed up against the foot of his bed. He grabbed his blue shirt, the right sleeve was full length while the other was long, but rolled up to the elbow. It had printed onto it an emblem resembling a simple face with circular eyes. His pants were a faded, khaki color.

Before Vai could leave his room, he felt the need he needed to wash his face. As he did, he looked up to his face. He remembered back hen he shaved, he hadn't done it for about a year. Though Vai wasn't the most testosterone of any crowd, he did grow what appeared to be a five-o'clock-shadow. He radiant blue eyes had faded to a washed-out blue. His brown skin, however, hadn't changed. With his natural completion keeping his face a vibrant color of mixed-brown.

With that depressing bout, Vai decided that it was time to descend down to the Academy. Today was his shift.

Even before the day the world changed for him, he was a Guardian by trade. The Mark of Mastery academy needed true peace of mind, and with his power, he could provide it. All he need do was patrol in plain sight.

As Vai made his way down the spiral stairs to the main floor of the academy, he was confronted by a raven-haired woman named Leis, one of Vai's few remaining close friends.

A year ago, her eyes were bright and happy and attentive. Now those green and blue irises were all but shut from grief and boredom. Another Master, she taught the ignorant and mended the ill.

"Hey, how goes it?" Leis asked solemnly as the two of them continued down the long spiral stairs.

"Tired. I'll probably go to the yard and spar with Shaid and Wena when my morning shift is finished." Vai rubbed his eyes, obviously not yet ready to start the day. He despised waking up early now-a-days.

"You don't have any... other plans for today?" Leis pried.

Vai stopped suddenly, looking at Leis with a direct stare, wide eyed.

"Leis, I've been there every week for a year. Some huge event would just be annoying." When he finished, Vai continued walking down the stairs at a faster pace.

"Look, it's respectful to go to the ceremonies, you know? Everybody at the academy is going. Why do you gotta be the shut-in?" Leis grabbed at Vai's armored shoulder, desperate for his attention.

"I'm... I'm not going."

Leis continued down to the bottom of the stairs. With a class to teach in a couple of minutes, she had to enter a door just to the side of where she stood at the stairs. She entered her class room, head shaking.

"You know well he'd go for you."

Vai's feet froze, despite his intense urge to keep walking.

"...YOU were the one bent on watching over him, not me," Vai blurted. He didn't want to be nasty to her, but Leis was a hunter by nature. She would follow him to the ends of the earth unless he ended the conversation now. "I'm sure he'd like to be left alone."

Vai didn't turn back, but he could hear Leis's teeth grind.

A beam of light from a nearby window cut across Vai's eyes. He grunted with annoyance, and kept walking.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 10th 2013, 1:45 pm

This is Kingdom Hearts right?

I find your lack of Disney... disturbing.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 10th 2013, 2:33 pm

Disney characters reside in Disney worlds.

The academy isn't in a Disney world.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 10th 2013, 2:52 pm

I have no knowledge on Kingdom Hearts.

I have limited knowledge on Final Fantasy, and like most middle class children born in or around the 90's I've grown up watching Disney movies.

Still, I wanna see Mickey and Goofy kick some ass, pl0x?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 10th 2013, 4:21 pm

Some stuff'n'things will occur. Expect an update tonight.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 10th 2013, 5:21 pm

Manny wrote:I have no knowledge on Kingdom Hearts.

I have limited knowledge on Final Fantasy, and like most middle class children born in or around the 90's I've grown up watching Disney movies.

Probably not. The Kingdom Hearts Games feature them as main characters. We're not touching Sora and his friends. This takes place looooong before all that. Mostly because Sora would make a lot of our story imposibru.

Though, we'll see what we can do.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 10th 2013, 6:19 pm

Kruger 2521 wrote:
    Manny wrote:I have no knowledge on Kingdom Hearts.

Probably not. The Kingdom Hearts Games feature them as main characters. We're not touching Sora and his friends. This takes place looooong before all that. Mostly because Sora would make a lot of our story imposibru.

Though, we'll see what we can do.
    Friggin' Sora. Overpowered, idealistic, ADD fuckwit. >_>

And his hair is stupid too.

We could certainly try to incorporate some action that would tickle that fancy, but don't expect any miracles.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 10th 2013, 9:48 pm

One year prior.
    "Rendo?"

Leis cracked the door, and sure enough, she heard potions bubbling. Rendo himself was at his desk, sound asleep, his head on the hard wooden table.

With a sigh, she entered, the balls of her feet arching with each step. She knew waking him was always an...interesting process.

Leis was beside him in mere moments. She was a fast footed woman. She leaned forward, staring into the bubbling red vial.

"...What is this?" Leis sniffed the air, then reached for a small beaker. She took a guess that it was an awkward, base potion. Perhaps harmless. But the fumes might have an ill effect on the air.

How does this work? Leis reached for a small redder potion. A mix that would give the base potion properties. Neutralize it. She carefully examined the label.

Written in Rendo's shorthand. May as well be another language. Leis smiled, and took a chance, allowing one drop to slide from the beaker.

The result was a spark, then a mushroom cloud the size of an ogre's fist. Leis bolted backwards, slapping Rendo's chair.

"WHATHAPPEN?!" Rendo fell backwards, and held out his hand.

With the sound of warbling metal, and a light flash of sparks, his Keyblade appeared in his hand. He stood in a ready position, the unusual Sabre turned towards the perceived threat as he evened his glasses.

Rendo observed the potion, then turned to Leis, furious.

"Don't touch my things." Rendo cracked his neck, then began cycling his shoulder sockets.

"Sleep in your bed, 'Do." Leis went to his drawer, and drew some soap and a washcloth. "Wash up. I need your help teaching class." Leis threw Rendo the bar soap, and he caught it in his left hand. With the other, he admired his blade.

"...Needs polished." It was a relatively elegant, simple weapon. The blade curved, and the leaver lock boasted powerful, sharp spikes. He liked the unusual guard most.

He smiled lightly at his "friend." Key-blades chose their masters. He'd been given the perfect one. Every wielder had.

"Pay attention. Wash up. You have an hour before I come back to get you."

"On who's authorit-OH WAIT. Nobodies. You're just nosey." Rendo smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"You know well that you'll do what I say." Leis turned and exited, Rendo watching her like a feral cat. "And wear fresh clothes. Yours smell like...potions."

Last edited by Bad John on March 13th 2013, 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 11th 2013, 8:44 pm

Isn't Kingdom Hearts without Disney just Final Fantasy

I'm so confused...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 11th 2013, 9:12 pm

In a lot of ways, yes. The division of power, abilities people can master, and world that they live in, is very reminiscent of some Final Fantasy universes.

The main difference is geography. Worlds are small, isolated planets separated by spacial boundaries, like other dimensions. These dimensions can be travelled between. Hence the different Disney inspired worlds.

Also, Key-Blades. They are odd weapons that choose masters based on their personality or willpower. It's like being a Force Sensitive in the Star Wars universe.

Key-Blade wielders tend to be more powerful than the average person, but through training or magic, anyone, like in Final Fantasy, can be a powerful warrior or magician.

That answer a few questions?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 12th 2013, 1:31 am

Bad John wrote:In a lot of ways, yes. The division of power, abilities people can master, and world that they live in, is very reminiscent of some Final Fantasy universes.

The main difference is geography. Worlds are small, isolated planets separated by spacial boundaries, like other dimensions. These dimensions can be travelled between. Hence the different Disney inspired worlds.

Also, Key-Blades. They are odd weapons that choose masters based on their personality or willpower. It's like being a Force Sensitive in the Star Wars universe.

Key-Blade wielders tend to be more powerful than the average person, but through training or magic, anyone, like in Final Fantasy, can be a powerful warrior or magician.

Yep Smile

Does that mean The Lion King, Dumbo, Hercules, Tarzan, Pocahantes, Bugs Life, Toy Story, And Up take place on Earth then? In the Kingdom Hearts universe of course.

Things like The Little Mermaid and Snow White I can see being in their own little worlds since it's more or less fantasy.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 12th 2013, 2:02 am

Manny wrote:
    Bad John wrote:In a lot of ways, yes. The division of power, abilities people can master, and world that they live in, is very reminiscent of some Final Fantasy universes.

Yep Smile

Does that mean The Lion King, Dumbo, Hercules, Tarzan, Pocahantes, Bugs Life, Toy Story, And Up take place on Earth then? In the Kingdom Hearts universe of course.

Things like The Little Mermaid and Snow White I can see being in their own little worlds since it's more or less fantasy.

Nah. Each Disney movie takes place in its own little world.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/167/6/c/6c98cc8ff2c4055c46c0b76bb961f9a8.png
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 12th 2013, 11:55 am

"It's just this way."

Tyle, the oldest of the small group of boys, led the way. He did his best to seem confident, and his labors were well appretiated. His two friends, Nat and Dal, kept their heads down, trusting Tyle totally as they wandered through the dark, rusted, cage filled hallway.

Creatures reached through the bars of each cage. Most were simple beasts, but some spat curses of intelligent language.

This was the Academy Beastiery. These creatures were kept for study.

Many tales of children going in, and not coming out, were shared regarding these bleak, noisy halls.

In their callow youth, they'd blundered carelessly into a place far off limits.

"We'll get caught, Tyle. We should go back..." Nat looked back and forth in abject terror of his surroundings.

Dal nodded. "The Masters might notice we're not in class."

"We managed to slip past Master Vai. The only ones who could sniff us out in here are Risa, Weiler, or Arta." Tyle smiled, satisfied with his rebuttle. "Besides, I skip class every other day. They won't notice."

"...I hope you're right."

The three boys ventured far down the hallway, observing the creatures. Some remained silent, staring from their corners. They were often said to be the most dangerous.

"Why do the masters keep these...THINGS here?" Dal wondered out loud, looking away from a strange, twisted chimera, whose fingers grasped at him as one would reach for an apple out of reach.

"So Master Rendo can study then." Nat, by far the best student among the three, chirped the answer. Answering questions kept him preoccupied. "He's a master of Blue Magic."

"Wazzat mean?"

"I think it means that he can learn stuff from creatures. Like, he can breathe fire, or dig like a mole if he sees enough creatures doin' it."

"That's a dumb power." Tyle smirked.

"Well, I saw him shoot a fireball from his bare hand."

"I saw him smash a Heartless apart with his palm."

"It's just cheap parlor tricks." Tyle reached his hand out, summoning his key-blade. Real men fight with their swords, not cheap magic." Tyle looked up at a small door. "We're here."

Tyle pushed the door open slowly, and the three children beheld the most profoundly frightening monster of all.

Rendo spat toothpaste into his sink, having finished his daily regimen of cleaning himself.

"...Hm. I slept from seven in the afternoon until three'o'clock." Rendo smiled into the mirror. "A new record."

Pulling on his simple denim trousers, he tucked his black shirt in and pulled on a leather belt. He snatched his hooded overshirt from a hanger, buttoning it up. He pulled the hood down over his brow, covering his cap. "Alright, thirty minutes to spare. Time to head to-"

Rendo felt a terrible shock go down his spine.

ALARM

He turned and dashed out the door as quickly as possible.

The Ogre was a pitiful creature. Its once round, stretched green belly was sunken in with hunger. Its powerful bones were sagged over by loosening flesh. Its sharpened fangs had been cut dull by Arta to prevent its insatiable feeding, and its mouth was covered by a wire muzzle.

"They say Masters Arta and Rendo stopped it from eating people in Blight-Town. They managed to knock it out and bring it here." Tyle grinned.

"...Human. Come closer."

Nat and Dal leaped back. The Ogre could smell them, despite a metal blinder wrapped around its massive brow.

"Hah. You think we're stupid?" Tyle put his hand on his hip, and pointed his key-blade. "I should hit you for sayin' that."

"...Pitiful whelp. It wouldn't even hurt. I've got skin like steel." The Ogre smiled beneath its massive wire muzzle. "A hit from you would probably tickle."

Tyle stepped forward, his blade raised. The Ogre's shackles were extensive, forcing it to constantly kneel, its arms pinned high above it. Tyle came barely up to its belly button, despite its forced genuflection.

He raised his blade and struck the creature with a hard swing.

The Ogre laughed.

"That's quite enough of that."

Tyle stopped in his tracks. He expected a Master, or a professor, or at least a squire to scold him. The person he saw, he didn't recognize.

The man was dressed in jet black, with a wide brimmed hat the covered his eyes. He was holding a thin, black key-blade in his right hand.

"Ogre King, I presume?" The intruder ignored the children altogether. "If I set you free, how much damage could you do?"

The Ogre turned its immense head. "What's it to you that I should be free, stranger?"

"I just don't like the decoration of this place." The well hatted gentleman smiled, and readied his blade. "If I cut you loose, the least you could do is eat a child or two, right?"

Tyle backed away, as Dal seized his sleeve. "C'mon, let's get out of here! That guy's gonna-"

With a massive clank, the shackles binding the Orge's wrist broke. Fatigued, the creature's arm fell to the floor at first.

Clank clank clang

The Ogre's arms and legs were soon released.

"Go wild, my friend." The gentleman raised his hand. "Here, let me give you some energy to spare."

Tyle, Dal, and Nat were out the door. The Ogre felt his weariness and sore spots fade. Powerful white magic coursed through his veins, as he rose to his feet once more.

"Much obliged. Time to get some payback on the faculty for locking me away."

The Ogre seized its chains. They would suffice as a weapon.

"KEEP GOING!"

Now that this was a life or death manner, Nat, the smartest of the small group, was more than happy to take charge.

Their plan was simple. Run until they couldn't run anymore.

Distant footsteps echoed behind them, growing slowly louder. Pants of glee and laughter rumbled in a low, macabre tone.

They could hear the Ogre's teeth gnash.

"We're almost to the door!" Dal pointed gleefully.

"So what?! He'll just tear the door apart!!!" Tyle had tears of fear streaming down his face.

"We should have never come here! This is YOUR fault!" Nat felt his fear turn to a creeping rage. "You're such a MORON!!!"

The children burst through the door.

Shortly afterwards, the door itself burst. Splinters of wood and concrete showered the boys as they tumbled away from the sheer concussive force.

"HAH! You can't hide, BOYS! Not behind thin doors and walls! NOT FROM ME!" The Ogre reached down and seized Tyle's key blade. For a moment, he mockingly used it as a toothpick. "I'll eat the biggest first!"

For one grim moment, the Ogre caught hold of Tyle's leg. He lifted the fifteen year old boy by the leg of his pants, and dangled him over the doorway sized, flat toothed mouth.

Death was a certainty.

"STOP."

Tyle's eyes squeezed shut tightly as the booming voice filled the hall. The Ogre did, in fact, stop. Just long enough for Rendo to make his move.

The wizard touched the floor with his fingertips, and coursed his energy through the ground, moving it under his feet.

Reflect.

His body was propelled through the air, as if he'd leaped off a trampoline. He seized the boy, ripping him from the Ogre's hands and landing on the floor.

"You little fool. We'll have MUCH to discuss later. For now, get behind me, and STAY THERE." Rendo growled, clearly impatient with the boy, but furious at the monster before him.

"YOU! Rendo, the wizard that helped lock me away!"

"That's Master Rendo to you." Rendo smiled pridefully, putting his hands on his hips.

The Ogre boomed with laughter, its green skin shaking with each "har har." "Master?! Of WHAT? Yer' smaller than my thumb. I'll master you in my stomach, little bug!"

A verbal challenge. Rendo had no intention of backing down before, but NOW, it was more interesting.

"You underestimate me? Unwise. Now, you've called down the THUNDER." Rendo smiled and summoned his key-blade. He spun it in his hand, and held it at the ready.

Nat watched, starry eyed. Though the outcome of the battle may decide his death, he couldn't look away or cower.

Some things were too good to miss.

Part two coming tonight!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 12th 2013, 4:01 pm

Red Mage Master Race!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 12th 2013, 6:02 pm

Lol. It's always somethin' with you, Manny.

For the record, all the segments that I write, unless I specify otherwise, are written one year before Vale's segments.

Just to clarify. Razz
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 13th 2013, 1:46 am

The Ogre felt the skin on his flanks tingle with sharp bolts of blue lightning. The Mage was doing a fine job of staying out of reach.

"You're doin' a GRAND job of annoying me, little magic bugger! I'm impressed!"

The hallway's tile floors were broken and matted with footprints and burns of arcane fire. Rendo stood boldly in the face of his opponent, unharmed, as the Ogre reached for something to throw.

"Did you think I was all show?!" Rendo lifted his hands, and they came ablaze with blue flame. "Well, then I'll give you an encore!"

Rendo pointed his hands, and jets of flame sprayed, a wide pattern of spinning, screaming fire engolfing the Orge's face. Rendo could hear laughter as the massive creature covered its face and walked forward.

"Hm. I might have to get serious. The creature certainly has endurance."

Leis looked over her classroom. They diligantly studied their books.

...It's been forty-five minutes. She could say whatever she wanted about Rendo's habits, but he was never late on her command.

"Class, stay here and read." Leis stood and shut her own book, setting it on the desk. "I'm going to weed out a truant."

"Interesting."

The gentleman with the wide hat sat far outside the walls of the academy. A swift escape was easy, when one had the ability to move a mile with but a thought.

He sat with a crystal ball balanced on his knee, his piercing yellow eyes peering into it. Rendo was faring better than he'd thought.

"The Masters were much weaker two years ago. They've certainly earned their Marks."

He pulled his hat off, revealing sprigs of jet black hair. He plopped the crystal ball into his wide, pointy hat, stood on his curled shoes, and walked away, whistling a merry tone.

"You have NOTHING on me!" The Ogre spat a torrent of spiteful, steaming goo onto the floor. "Black Magic doesn't hurt me a bit!"

Rendo rested his blade on his shoulder, the whites of his teeth showing as he observed the Ogre with a smile. "Sorry to bore you. I was only testing for weak points."

"Yeah, and as you can see, I got none. Skin like steel, bugger!"

"On the contrary!" Rendo smiled. lifting his blade to point it. "You've got three."

"Bullshit"

"Please don't curse around my students. Here, indulge me. I'll show you every weak point on your...interesting anatomy that I can exploit."

Rendo lowered his hood.

"What're you doin'?"

Rendo's earpiece interested the Ogre. It was a metal plate, covering his ear and a bit of his jaw, originally hidden by his cap and his hood.

Rendo pressed it with his left hand gently.

"Empower me."

The Ogre turned away as a bright flash enveloped his pesky Mage opponent.

In an instant, Rendo was adorned in a suit of simple, all encompassing armor. The visor was wide, tapering off to a sharp point at the bottom, obscuring his face. The thin suit covered every aspect of his body, hard points protecting his chest, his forearms, his knees, and his boots.

"BAH! that pesky keyblade armor. I shoulda walked over there and swatted you when you were gettin' ready."

Rendo looked up at the Ogre. "You're very knowledgeable! I thank you for waiting! Now, let's begin."

Rendo was gone.

"I'm not good at teleporting, but this is close enough."

The Ogre felt the Mage's boots touch down on his shoulder. "First, I need you to stay still, so..."

The Ogre couldn't have been more pleased. With the Blue Mage on his shoulder, he needn't even WALK to smash him.

In a massive clapping motion, he slapped his hands together, attempting to crush Rendo, who leaped away at the last second, high above the Ogre.

"GRAVITY."

The Ogre felt its body grow heavy. The air turned purple and black around him.

From Rendo's hands bloomed an immense ball of obscured air with shocks of vibrant, earth shattering purple. The Ogre's feet dug into the ground, then it was forced to its hands and knees, the crushing weight of the air, and its own flesh, racked its muscles and bones.

"That must be stressful." Rendo smiled, as he landed mere feet from the Ogre's head. The Ogre looked up, to see Rendo's fist cock.

"GOBLIN."

"What'd you call m-"

"PUNCH!!!"

Rendo's fist hardened, and smote the Ogre's wide, flat tooth with tremendous force. The massive canine fang shattered under Rendo's fist.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! CRIMINY!" The Ogre clutched its face as it sat up.

Rendo smiled as he readied his keyblade. "That's not all. Blue Magic is limitless. I learned it from watching monsters like YOU."

Rendo readied his blade, making his move. The Ogre was on its knees, still struggling to rise. He came down with both hands wrapped around the leatherbound handle of his blade. The tip pierced the Ogre King's gut, forcing a wretched screech of pain from his lips.

"ENOUGH! GO AWAY!"

Rendo's eyes widened as the shadow the the Ogres hands grew closer.

CLAP.

Leis entered the hall, her eyes widening as she spotted the massive combatant. In its hands it held something that was currently muffling annoyed grunts of effort, thrashing to break free.

Vai pushed past Leis. His vibrant blue eyes burned with determination. "It has Rendo. I'll handle it." He readied his own keyblade, and brought his hand to his shoulder to summon his armor.

"No." Leis placed her hand on his shoulder. "This one's all his."

The Ogre bellowed in triumph. "FINALLY! I have you now!

A blade burst through the Ogre's watermelon sized knuckle.

Rendo's keyblade poked through like a malevolent flower. The Ogre's eyes dialated with panic.

"Sorry. Needed to let air in for this spell."

"No, WAIT-"

"BLOW UP."

True to the spell's name, a heat grew in the Ogre's palms. Before he could release Rendo, a fiery blast echoed through the hall, bursts of flame and green blood signaling the end of the Ogre's hands. Fingers, shreds of bone and palm and tissue, were sent hurling to and fro by the blast.

Rendo's once blue and brown armor, typically clean as a whistle, was caked in spurts of green blood. His hands got the worst of it, but his visor remained relatively clean. His simple armor, unadorned by capes or scarves like his comrades, had withstood the blast admirably.

"Now, for the ending blow."

Rendo readied his hands, as the Ogre stood, his bloody wrists oozing blood.

"I'LL CRUSH YOU! CRUSH YOU CRUSH YOU!!!"

With grim, terrifying speed, the Ogre approached. Rendo dismissed his blade, and it disappeared from his hands in a silver flash.

"My most powerful spell. Pay close attention." Rendo lifted his hands.

As the Ogre approached, Rendo leaped to meet it halfway.

His palms glowed silver, mirroring the image of the berserking creature.

"Reflect."

As Rendo's palms touched the Ogre's gut, the force of his mighty charge was halted.

The Ogre stared down, puzzled by the lack of sensation.

Then everything Rendo touched broke. Every pound and inch of concussive force the Ogre carried was amplified and sent back, a gift returned.

The creature's body wobbled, and floated a foot backwards, then toppled, laying back flat.

Blood oozed from the corners of its mouth. Blood gurgled from the hole in its stomach.

"Unfortunate." Rendo grimaced. "I didn't learn a THING, but I got exercise."

"EXCELLENT WORK." Vai wrapped an arm around Rendo's shoulders. "Here I thought you were out of practice."

Leis directed her sharp, green gaze at Rendo, as his armor was dismissed, leaving him in his casual clothes and hooded shirt.

"EXPLAIN." Leis growled. "The damage here will take DAYS to rebuild! What was the Ogre doing out of his cage?"

Rendo yawned, and pointed to Tyle, and his two cohorts. "I'll interview them on the incident myself."

"...YES YOU WILL." Leis shouted in Rendo's face, as he absentmindedly cleaned his ear with his little finger. "Next time I tell you to be somewhere, BE THERE!"

Leis turned and stormed off.

Rendo turned his gaze to the three children.

"...You made Leis yell at me, when I as cleaning up a mess that YOU LITTLE WORMS seemed to have made." His teeth seemed to sharpen as his eyes fixated on the three boys. "I'd like an explanation, children."

The power of Blue Magic.

Also, here's a picture of Rendo's weapon.

LIIIIIIIIINKCLICKHERE

You whack 'em with the part with the teeth. It really hurts.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 13th 2013, 2:00 am

Nothing. Not a single threat detected all day; and it had been like this all year. But all it took was once. If Vai decided not to keep watch, that day may be the day another attack hits the academy.

With his morning shift done, Vai followed the plan he shared with Leis earlier; he went to the training field and began venting all of his frustration from the day at the training dummy. Low-ranking Keyblade Wielders looked in awe at the technique they beheld.

In the middle of a flurry of blows, a weak and timid voice spoke behind Vai, stopping him immediately.

"Master Vai... You think you can show me a few tricks?" The Wielder was young, around the age of fourteen. If he took lessons to heart at this age he'd one day become a powerful Master.

"Show me your Keyblade." Vai said plainly. The child looked intimidated.

The boy held his hand out, a flash of light and the shink of metal at his hand as his Keyblade appeared. It was standard length; about 5 feet long. Its design was simple; a silver, cylinder blade with the crown at the top and a golden hand-guard.

Vai nodded at the fairly standard Keyblade. His wasn't so different; a cylinder blade with a jagged crown at the tip and a dark blue handle bar. His was longer, but what was special about his was it's ability to shift in shape. He could take some of the matter from his Keyblade and turn it into a shield on his left arm. That's what made his stick out from the other Masters.

"Here's a tip: gather up you reflexes. Skills will come to you as you age, but if you don't hone your reflexes, a fast opponent will easily kill you." Vai turned back to return to his session, much to the Wielder's dismay.

"How about you give an demonstration, Master Vai." a voice with an obvious Indian accent said from behind Vai.

"Heh. Master Saeid." Vai laughed as he turned slowly, visually confirming the identity of the voice. "You and I have never sparred before, have we?" Vai asked, a smile still on his face.

"Never." Saeid shifted stances as he returned the smile. Truth was, the two never really liked each-other. At all, really.

"Well then, let's change that. Watch and learn kids. This is how adults decide who buys drinks." Vai ended his sentence with a sudden shift to a combat stance, his Keyblade drawn.

Suddenly, Master Saeid lifted his hand up, setting a large ring on the floor around Vai and himself; a combat arena of a sort. He drew his Keyblade; a long, spear-like blade with two handles and a small crown at the top.

Almost faster than Vai could notice, Saeid jumped high into the air above Vai, and came down fast.

Rolling to the side, Vai regained his footing and charged forward at the recovering Master, slashing at his head. Saeid managed to clash with Vai and push his blade to the side, opening Vai up for a gut-shot with the bottom of his blade.

After he stumbled, Vai spun around and met Saeid's blade with his. The two stepped back almost simultaneously before clashing again and again dozens of times before Saeid seized the end of Vai's Keyblade and threw him.

Vai slammed against the wall, blood shooting out of his mouth and his head cracked from the impact. The children and other onlookers gasped while Saeid chuckled.

"Did I really kill you that easily? With such little effort?"

"Ah." Vai said as he stood. He spit out blood from his mouth and wiped his lips. "Bit my tongue."

"You-" Said, frustrated dashed forward, mouth wide-open.

"FIRE!" Saeid shouted.

A whirlwind of flames whirled around Vai from Saeid's mouth. As they faded, it was revealed Vai no longer had a Keyblade, but a large shield that protected his entire body. Shortly after the blaze, his Keyblade seemed to grow from his hand before he threw it, knocking Saeid on the head with the butt of the weapon before it spun back to him.

"So it's a fight you want?" Vai smacked his shoulder-guard with his hand, a bright flash and glorious dark-blue Keyblade armor appeared.

"Then... It's a FIGHT you're gonna get!"
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 13th 2013, 2:35 am

"What's happening here?" Tyle asked as he walked up to his longtime friends, Nat and Dal.

"Master Saeid challenged Master Vai." Dal replied extactically.

"Keyblade-Armor's a bit extreme for a challenge, don'tchya think?" Tyle raised an eyebrow at the increasingly heated battle; both metophorically and literally.

"It was pretty casual until Master Saeid almost killed Master Vai with a fire attack." Nat explained, eyes glued to the awe-inspiring battle before them.

"Hm. Why doesn't Master Vai just use his magic?" Tyle pried some more, his eyes also glued.

"Master Vai is a combat-major. He doesn't use magic." Nat turned his nose up at the rediculous image of Master Vai as a mage.

"Nah, didn't he show us how to use explosion magic on the tips of our Keyblades last month?" Tyle attempted to remember, but only found out that he wasn't paying attention during that class.

"Shhh. It's starting to get real good!" Dal jumped a little as Master Vai counter Master Saeid.

"STRIKE RAID!" Vai lifted his hand up, his Keyblade spinning just above his hand. He drew his arm back and jumped backwards, throwing the blade directly at Saeid, who knocked it away.

"My turn!" Saeid lifted his Keyblade like a javilin, breathed sparks dozens of feet long, and threw it at Vai at lightning speeds. "Thunder Strike!"

As fast as he could, Vai straifed around the impact, reciving very minimal damage. Full force and full of anger, Vai jumped through the smoke and smashed the blunt end of his Keyblade into Saeid's face, knocking out teeth and sending him to the floor. He spun himself back upright, bringing his immense Keyblade around, smacking Vai onto his back.

"Damn..." Vai shook as he stood, jamming his Keyblade into the ground to support his kneel.

"I have half a mind to kill you, whelp." Saeid laughed as his students cheered. In the crowd, Tyle, Dal, and Nat frowned.

"Why don't you do it then?" Vai trembled in pain as his words followed suit.

Saeid laughed and walked up to Vai, placing his Keyblade on his shoulder. "Shall I do it? Or not? I would think that putting a dog out of his misery is the most humane thing to do. Then you could join your friend too!"

"Boom." Vai mumbled, his head tilted down.

"What?" Saeid made the mistake of leaning in closer in order to hear.

"BOOM BOOM MOTHER FU-"

All of a sudden, the floor below the two began tp errupt, Vai's Keyblade the epicenter of it all. In a orange flash of blinding light, fire engulfed all within the arena. When the smoke cleared, both Master were on the ground.

"Master Vai!" Dal yelped seconds after the smoke had cleared.

"Yeah?" Vai said as he stood. He was quick, seemingly unharmed. He brushed his shoulder off before smacking his shoulder again, hiding his Keyblade armor.

"HA! It was a ruse! Go guile!" Nat cheered, jumping.

"What about Master Saeid?" Tyle asked, looking at the unmoving man.

"He'll be fine. Won't be able to fight for a bit, though." Vai shrugged as he walked away, trying desperately to hide the fact that a few of his ribs were broken.

If he ever talks about him like that again though... I'll kill 'em.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 13th 2013, 5:36 pm

Rendo was sitting down at his desk when the door opened. He knew who the visitor was, so he didn't turn.

He gently cleaned each groove of his armor with a brush. Layers of blood sloughed off into the wet, soapy bucket of water underneath his hands.

"Master Eraqus."

The older gentleman, in his late thirties, occupied the doorway silently, his arms crossed.

Leis stood behind him.

"Master Leis, I dismiss you." Eraqus waved his hand, his long, oriental sleeve bobbing. His clothing seemed to radiate white light in the dimly lit room.

Leis hesitantly backed away, and the door shut.

Rendo turned, setting aside his brush and the chest-plate of his armor.

"NO! Continue!" Eraqus smiled, his brown goatee folding with the wrinkles of his mouth. One with a keen eye could tell that Eraqus was a happy man. In his youth, he often smiled. Wrinkles start there when a person leads a happy life. "I know you think well as you work. I'd like to see the gears in your head truly turn."

Rendo spun his rolling chair back to his work. "As you wish, Master." Rendo's hood was up, covering most of his eyes. Eraqus could tell his expression even with the young wizard's back turned. "How are things in the Land of Departure? I don't get out enough, I admit."

"I assumed the excitement here would ebb. Unfortunately, certain circumstances require OUR attention."

"Ours? I didn't know you thought so fondly of me that I should aid in your investigation."

"You have many uses. I consider you a close friend." Eraqus placed a hand on Rendo's shoulder.

Rendo felt the air chill.

"Ah." Eraqus turned away from Rendo to regard a figure in the corner of the room. "Xehanort."

Rendo turned to look over his shoulder. Xehanort, a man of age roughly equal to Eraqus, stood across the room. He was bald, and had strikingly yellow eyes.

"So, we can begin our chat." Eraqus remained jovial, all but oblivious to the dark shadow that Rendo felt with Xehanort's presence.

The two total masters of the Keyblade Academy. Equal in power. Eraqus fair, and Xehanort firm.

"Only me?" Rendo quipped. "No official, stuffy meeting, where all the masters posture and divide labor?" Rendo turned his chair to face them, still scrubbing his helmet. "I quite looked forward to hearing Saied postulate on how he intended to hunt down the enemy with 'all his might and passion.'"

"Do not joke with us, child. We need only what you know." Xehanort's low, scratchy voice sent a chilly spike through Rendo's heart. Intimidating, but Rendo remained unperturbed.

"Still your tongue. I trust him implicitly, and would have him be himself."

Xehanort turned away. "Very well, proceed."

"The children didn't release the Ogre King. That much is apparent to all involved." Rendo swiped his visor one more time, observing it. Clean again. With a motion of his hand, the piece of armor was gone. "Their blades could have never broken through the metal. I enchanted it myself with problem children and intruders in mind."

"So, be there a traitor in our midst?" Xehanort's hand flexed. Red sparks flew from his knuckles.

Eraqus shook his head. Rendo agreed. "I don't think so. Not many of our own understudies, or even Masters, could have broken it. It was a wizard, of caliber that rivals my own, or someone with intensive knowledge of my works."

"That includes me," Eraqus smiled as he pointed his thumb towards his own chest, "Xehanort, and possibly Wena."

"Wena is an illusionist, not a spellcaster. Her magic is powerful, but of a different kind." Rendo nodded. "Possible, but the concept of a traitor still seems unlikely."

"There is your young friend Leis." Xehanort's face sagged in a bitter, contemplative frown.

Rendo openly laughed at the concept. "Leis? She's a hunter. Surely my spells are powerful enough to withstand being hunted."

"SILENCE. I know of you, boy. She follows an observes you with particular interest. For her to unravel your spell, she need only watch you cast it." Xehanort snorted, as Rendo observed him patiently.

"Leis cannot. She would not. I respect your keen intellect, but I tell you, you're wrong."

"What gives you the wherewithal to question ME, boy?" The room seemed to shrink around Rendo, as Xehanort's gaze locked, and his voice boomed. "You forget your PLACE."

Rendo didn't budge. Eraqus seemed deeply concerned.

"Let him alone, Xehanort. He spends enough time with his team-mates to know the-"

"He spends his days alone in his room, making pointless spells and queries."

Rendo wasn't frightened. Frankly, he was furious. He opened his mouth. At first, for fear of raising his voice in anger, he suppressed his speech.

"There WAS an intruder. An outsider. Of that, I'm sure."

Eraqus raised his brow. He admired Rendo's willingness to stand his ground and speak his mind.

"I study my colleagues with the same interest that I study my spells. One, in specific, alerts me when a new presence enters the Academy. The way the alarm, which I keep in my mind, was triggered, implies that he had the ability to not only teleport, but wield the Arcane with enough accuracy to move otherwise undetected. Risa, Weiler, and Arta would have noticed him otherwise. He came, released the Ogre, and retreated. THAT is what I know, Masters."

Xehanort grunted, satisfied. Eraqus nodded.

Eraqus leaned over Rendo's shoulder, lowering his voice. "You know the necessity of keeping this news from the other Masters?"

"The rumor spreads even now, unfortunately. Leis has likely already caught on. Vai will know if she knows."

Xehanort glared at Rendo. "Disappointing."

"Perhaps...beneficial. Without us making a definite move, bolstering security, or gathering the Masters, they will be more tense. Ready for more intrusions."

Eraqus nodded in approval. "You wanted them to be afraid all along."

"It worked in our favor, I hope." Rendo smiled for the first time in the conversation. "I intend to see Master Yen Sid. He may provide clarity."

Xehanort's face twisted in spite and contempt. Yen Sid, the only known man with the power to rival BOTH Eraqus and Xehanort. "The old man doffed his Mantle of Mastery ages ago."

"With his power, and his neutrality, his advisory could be of use, even if he decides not to assist." Eraqus put a hand to his chin. "But...perhaps I should go myself. Your past with him may paint your vision too bright."

"If that is how you would have it." Rendo nodded. "I admit...I was eager to see him again."

Eraqus rubbed the top of Rendo's hood. "Then go. Take whoever you deem necessary. And do be back soon."

"Or don't be back at all."

In a flash of light, Xehanort was gone.

"I'm sorry if he frightened you." Eraqus opened the door, and stepped out.

Leis filled the void soon after, as Rendo placed his hand to his forehead. Vai followed her inside, his hand on his hip. "You're certainly moving up in the ranks. This is the third time in a year the masters have come to call on you."

Rendo gave his friends a grim smile. "Pack your things. We're going on a trip."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 13th 2013, 11:59 pm

So in the Academy... Can the Masters be of any trade?

I ask because I wonder if there would be anything "new" for them to find in the outside world. Like a Red Mage, since they aren't really a Master of anything but more of a "jack of all trades". Or a Paladin, since they have limited knowledge on white magic but are excellent swordsmen.

Dragoons would be pretty cool. Not sure if anyone can be one, or if they have train somewhere special. I know that in Final Fantasy IV Dragoons were like Elite soldiers. In Final Fantasy Advanced Tactics 2, Dragoons were limited to a certain race. It just seems that some jobs, like Dragoons, are either trained by specific groups.

So I ask, what does the Academy teach and are there any trades that the Masters are unfamiliar with?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 14th 2013, 12:50 am

The Academy teaches young men and women who have been chosen by a Key Blade. The children are at first taught basic education, morality and strategy, then they are physically trained in every available area until they find a skill they excel in.

Some students were taught outside the academy by seperate, trusted masters. In Rendo's case, he was long a student of Yen Sid before he came to the academy.

Some of the masters are quite well travelled, and aren't surprised by much. Leis knows much about animals, and can communicate with many sub-dominant species. Rendo knows an immense amount about magic.

However, Leis would be amazed by any kind of magic outside of what Rendo and the other magic users use, and Rendo would be fascinated by different wildlife. It all depends on the specific person.

The two True Masters, Eraqus and Xehanort, have been nearly everywhere and seen nearly everything. Their knowledge is only surpassed by Yen Sid or The Other.

Speaking of Yen Sid, be prepared for a cameo by a character that you might find...interesting. Razz

Ho ho!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 14th 2013, 11:18 am

Please be Mickey. Please be Mickey. Please be Mickey...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 14th 2013, 11:38 am

Manny wrote:Please be Mickey. Please be Mickey. Please be Mickey...
    afro

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content