Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+12
WOLF
Impanther
dragon of darkness
Splazer Zero
foxyfoxy90
It's Kruger
zman007playr
Spinal Clerk
Doctor Jensen
I_IRONMAN_I
Manny
Bad John
16 posters

Discuss Anything

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Discuss Anything  - Page 5 Empty Re: Discuss Anything

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 17th 2013, 4:54 pm

Sorry about my absence fellas. I've been between work, home, xbox, and other places.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 17th 2013, 9:14 pm

Why are all fantasy settings so...cookie cutter?

Elves are the fast pale noble gloomy ones in trees.

Dwarves have braided beards, big muscles and are four feet tall.

I'd like to see a fantasy setting, just once, where the writer isn't riding J. R. R. Tolkien like a rodeo.

That always leads to the resultant series being an insipid Tuna Salad Sandwich before Lord of the Ring's fearsome Whale Penis Baguette.

I have high hopes for somethin' Vale's cookin' up, but I may step into the fantasy fray soon to write something.

I've been thinking of a shape-shifting esper character.

But first I should neglecting my regular Halo series. >_>
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 17th 2013, 9:41 pm

I like to imagine the dark side of things.

Fantasy settings are ALWAYS epic good vs epic evil. What about everyday good vs everyday evil?

I imagine that in a fantasy criminal underworld, female elves would make the best prostitutes. They're beautiful and age incredibly slowly, so they would look youthful for a LONG time.

I picture ogres as the best bouncers. Humans as the criminal masterminds. Dwarves... Well Dwarves would do what they do best; make weapons.

I don't know what the hell Hobbits would do. They're too nice. Maybe they'd be pedophiles... Since a fully grown Hobbit is like the size of a teenager...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 17th 2013, 11:30 pm

They're just smaller humans with big feet.

They're like the kind of elf that makes cookies. Imagine ten of them furiously making cookies at you! That's a dangerous weapon.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 17th 2013, 11:31 pm

Manny, it seems to me you're just imagining the present day world in the past. Though that certainly isn't a bad thing. In my opinion, it's about creating your own races and storylines. But I'll read a fantasy novel, even if it's like Lord of the Rings, but it has to have a VERY good storyline for that.

I never include Hobbits in my stories.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 17th 2013, 11:51 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:Manny, it seems to me you're just imagining the present day world in the past. Though that certainly isn't a bad thing. In my opinion, it's about creating your own races and storylines. But I'll read a fantasy novel, even if it's like Lord of the Rings, but it has to have a VERY good storyline for that.

...Brothels have been around for ages.

Where's there are hookers, there are pimps.

Where there are pimps, there are gangs.

Where there are gangs, there's an underworld.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen March 18th 2013, 12:39 am

Manny wrote:
    Doctor Jensen wrote:Manny, it seems to me you're just imagining the present day world in the past. Though that certainly isn't a bad thing. In my opinion, it's about creating your own races and storylines. But I'll read a fantasy novel, even if it's like Lord of the Rings, but it has to have a VERY good storyline for that.

A valid point. I missed the brothel part.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 18th 2013, 12:43 am

Doctor Jensen wrote:
    Manny wrote:

A valid point. I missed the brothel part.
    I never miss a good brothel...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 18th 2013, 2:40 pm

I was working on something, but I scrapped it because the plot went a little off the rails. Razz

But, here's a snippit of it that I thought was gold. It's a short gunfight (if you could call it that) between Nine and Death, that led to Death leaving slightly annoyed, and Famine being ordered to step into the fray.

It's mostly played for laughs, considering Death isn't much of the fighting type, and can't technically die.

Nine drew his trusty magnum before Death was even aware of his murderous intent.

Bang bang.

The bullets hit home at center mass. Death's expression didn't even change, as he stumbled back two steps, then regained his footing.

"...Yes, John, I REALLY care that you did that. You sure showed me, you rootin' tootin' eagle eyed marksman." Death yawned, and poked through his torso, fishing the bullets out with his index finger and flicking them to the side.

"That's sarcasm, by the way. Come now. It's elementary. You should know I don't die so easily." Death wiped the blood from his finger with a handkerchief, as Nine admired the Horseman's durability.

Even War and Famine were susceptible to pain. Death, on the other hand, didn't even flinch as the damage healed.

Nine smiled, and holstered his gun. "Yeah, I didn't think you would." He pointed to Death's now blood soaked, buttoned up shirt. The red lightly spread across his stomach like a dark cloud. "Fucked up your monkey suit though."

Death grimaced. Indeed, one of the marble buttons as sitting at his feet, a burned hole in its side. Death's shirt was ruined. "God-dammit. Hold on. I should go change. FAMINE. Deal with him."

Famine, having watched the fight with casual interest, stood up. "WOOGA BOOGA!!!" His muscles slowly began to bulge, his metal bodysuit shifting and morphing with his unique physiology. "Let's dance!"
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 18th 2013, 10:06 pm

I liked it. While War and Famine's abilities are best suited for offense, Death is best suited for defense.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 6th 2013, 9:31 pm

Here I found some info about the Weapons in halo 4 if any of these are wrong just say

Halo 4: Assault Rifle
    DESIGNATION: MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System

MANUFACTURER: Misriah Armory

The MA5D ICWS is an exceptionally resilient gas-operated, magazine-fed, automatic rifle designed to execute close-quarters combat with lethal efficiency, regardless of hostile counter-op environmental conditions or duration of use in the field.

Halo 4: Battle Rifle
    DESIGNATION: BR85 Heavy-Barrel Service Rifle

The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle optimized for three-round burst firing, and proven to be an extraordinarily versatile weapon at a wide variety of ranges in the hands of a capable marksman.

Halo 4: Stick Detonator
    DESIGNATION: M363 Remote Projectile Detonator

MANUFACTURER: Acheron Security

The M363 RPD is a low-profile single-shot weapon that launches a magnetically latched explosive, which the operator can remotely detonate when at a safe distance. Although previously manufactured in low quantities, this weapon’s size and ease-of-transportability has made it ubiquitous in the years which followed the Covenant War.

Halo 4: DMR
    DESIGNATION: Designated Marksman Rifle

The M395 DMR is a gas-operated magazine-fed marksman rifle that maintains a smart-linked, telescopic, rail-mounted sight for scout personnel. This rifle favors mid-range to long-range combat, offering impressive stopping power.

Halo 4: Magnum
    DESIGNATION: M6H Personal Defense Weapon System

The M6H Magnum is a semi-automatic, recoil-operated, magazine-fed handgun and the standard personal sidearm of all branches of the UNSC post-2555. This weapon is surprisingly effective at reasonably long distances, proving its universal value in the field.

Halo 4: Rocket Launcher
    DESIGNATION: M41 SSR Medium Anti-Vehicle/Assault Weapon

The M41 SSR MAV/AW is a portable, twin-tube, shoulder-fired rocket launcher, capable of firing two 102mm rockets with incredibly destructive potency. It is easily one of the most pervasive explosive weapons within the UNSC's arsenal, largely due to its transportability and firepower.

Halo 4: Sniper Rifle
    DESIGNATION: Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 5 Anti-Materiel

The SRS99-S5 AM is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic sniper rifle with exceptional accuracy and the ability to simultaneously breach both energy-shielding and high-density armor, making immediate kills nearly effortless when this weapon is properly utilized.

Halo 4: Spartan Laser
    DESIGNATION: Weapon/Anti-Vehicle M6 Grindell/Galileian Nonlinear Rifle

The M6 G/GNR is a semi-automatic, shoulder-fired, smart-linked nonlinear rifle that projects a superheated beam of energy which is undeniably effective at destroying both enemy personnel and vehicles. Design for this weapon occurred in parallel with the GUNGNIR-class of Mjolnir GEN1 armor, resulting in the informal name ‘Spartan Laser.’

Halo 4: Plasma Pistol
    DESIGNATION: T-25 Directed Energy Pistol

MANUFACTURER: Iruiru Armory

The T-25 Plasma Pistol is the standard sidearm for most Covenant infantry. Typically used as a semi-automatic, directed energy pistol, this weapon’s scaled burst functionality allows it to fire an overcharged collection of plasma, temporarily incapacitating the power systems on both armor and vehicles.

Halo 4: Storm Rifle
    DESIGNATION: T-55 Directed Energy Rifle/Advanced

MANUFACTURER: Lodam Armory

The T-55 Storm Rifle is the evolution of the standard Plasma Rifle and served various infantry during the violent Sangheili civil conflicts that followed the Covenant War. The weapon now includes a modular coil set, a high-mounted cooling shroud, and an extended barrel, all contributing to greater overall performance in the field than its predecessor.

Halo 4 Needler
    DESIGNATION: T-33 Guided Munitions Launcher

MANUFACTURER: Lodam Armory

The T-33 Needler is a compact, fully automatic guided munitions launcher that breaks off shards of chemically-charged crystalline. The shards home-in on sighted targets with specific heat signatures, impaling the targets just prior to simultaneously and violently detonating.

Halo 4 Energy Sword
    DESIGNATION: T-1 Energy Weapon/Sword

MANUFACTURER: Merchants of Qikost

The T-1 Energy Sword, exclusively wielded by Sangheili, is a close-engagement weapon intended to express its owner’s personal skill, clerical honor, and combat viability. The blade is composed of superheated plasma and folded against magnetic lines extending from its hilt, effectively creating a razor-sharp martial weapon with lethal functionality.

Halo 4 Covenant Carbine
    DESIGNATION: T-51 Carbine

MANUFACTURER: Iruiru Armory

The T-51 Carbine is a recoil-operated, semi-automatic, charger-fed marksman rifle capable of firing ballistic rounds at significant range. It is somewhat unique among Covenant weapons in that it is not dependent on superheated plasma or other energy-based material, but rather fires radioactively charged ballistic projectiles.

Halo 4 Scattershot
    DESIGNATION: Z-180 Close Combat Rifle/Asymmetric Engagement Mitigator

MANUFACTURER: Unknown

The Z-180 Scattershot is a prominent Forerunner channel weapon that was used for close-range defense toward the end of their war with the Flood. While practically unstoppable up close, the most remarkable attribute of the Scattershot is its schismatic dispersal effect, drowning confined hard-surfaced interiors with brutal, ricocheting beams of energy.

Halo 4 Shotgun
    DESIGNATION: M45D Tactical Shotgun

Manufacturer: Misriah Armory

Magazine Capacity: 6 Rounds

Dominant close-quarters weapon specializing in boarding actions, breach maneuvers, and urban operations.

Halo 4 SAW
    DESIGNATION: M739 Light Machine Gun

MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 72 rounds

Squad automatic weapon used in protracted engagements where sustained or suppressive fire is required.

Halo 4 Railgun
    DESIGNATION: Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920

MANUFACTURER: Acheron Security

MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 1 round

Powerful linear accelerator that fires explosive rounds at tremendous speed to efficiently eliminate targets.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 6th 2013, 10:07 pm

I'm pretty sure those are all right... Mainly because they match the descriptions from Waypoint.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 6th 2013, 10:21 pm

ok good
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 7th 2013, 9:06 pm

Hey guys, I just back from good ole' New Zealand. Haven't been able to post much. I'll have some new stuff for my Star Wars: Republic Commando novel up soon.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 7th 2013, 9:26 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:Hey guys, I just back from good ole' New Zealand. Haven't been able to post much. I'll have some new stuff for my Star Wars: Republic Commando novel up soon.
    NO WAY!

DID YOU SEE SAM! DID YOU? DID YOU? DID YOU? DID YOU? DID YOU?

DID YOU GUYS GO TO MORDOR??????????

HOLY SHIT, WHAT WAS SAM LIKE?!
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 7th 2013, 9:29 pm

Whoa manny calm down
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r April 7th 2013, 10:56 pm

Nah man, Manny is perfectly alright with his post mang. Sam is in New Zealand, it's a big deal if Jensen met him.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 7th 2013, 10:59 pm

Ok... Wait who is sam
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 7th 2013, 11:49 pm

So...um guys.

Bungie kinda fixed their post order. There's an option to view them from oldest first.

What do?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 8th 2013, 2:02 am

Made some modifications to our forums.

Got rid of Grand Prix, replacing it with "Magic Mundane," for current day stories. That can encompass superhero, secret agent, or racing stories.

I also moved Grand Assembly up underneath Halo stories. That way, newcomers can be immediately made aware that we take other types of story.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 8th 2013, 2:56 am

Sorry fals alarm

Last edited by The angel of hope on April 9th 2013, 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 8th 2013, 9:42 am

While we both tried to, Sam and I were unable to meet. Feelsbadman.jpg
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr April 9th 2013, 8:14 pm

Hey guy's im back from the depths of hell itself and i have some news.

Firstly: For those familiar with my more popular story The Past is Renewed, have hope because i'm starting back to writing it and should have an update soon.

Secondly: Red Sky over Europe will continue, that is all to say here.

Thirdly: My Fable story, Darkness Rising should be up here soon.

Fourthly: My story The Hero and The Traitor will now play out like Shad's Hunted. Meaning at certain points I will ask you to chose an option, that will affect the story line.

Fifthly: I am working on another story...I'm not telling what it is.

Sixth: My laptop now has word so i can write more often Smile

Thank you....that it all (told you i'd been to hell and back) lol
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 9th 2013, 8:31 pm

welcome back dude and hey if you need anyone in a story im on every day i have a lot of free time being 14

oh and i forgot to say that i have a place where i can play any YouTube video for u just ask when im on here is link

http://tinychat.com/jettrom1

oh and one more thing *clears throat* this is SPARTAAAAAA

dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness April 9th 2013, 10:24 pm

Hey John can I join a simple story

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 9:27 am