Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

4 posters

The Story of Hope

dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

The Story of Hope  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Story of Hope

Post  dragon of darkness November 17th 2013, 10:55 am

I pulled Siegfried behind the building before the front gate opened showing half an army.

"Siegfried, do you know where Blaine is," I said, as the army spread out "they have a cruiser out there somewhere so once they have us surrounded with no escape they'll bring it in and glass this base" 

I scanned the miniature army, counting them, there was fifteen elites about thirty grunts and three hunters. 

"just our luck" I yelped, backing up as one of the hunters shot and crumbled the wall 

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 17th 2013, 2:27 pm

Siegfried, at first, was completely baffled by Hope's suggestion to abandon his comrade. HIS mission was bring these Spartans back, and Siegfried would have liked to bring back ALL of them. They were young, and they were naive. They would have made good Legionnaires.

Siegfried didn't say that in a manipulative way however. Being naive, the Legion would awaken them to the realities of the galaxy and the threat aliens like "Jackson" posed to Humanity. Since they were also young, with the new found knowledge the Legion would have given them, they could spend MANY years preparing to defend Humanity.

However, things were going badly very quickly. The Hunter had blown their cover, so the Legionnaire grabbed Hope and pointed him in the direction of downed tower. The Storm had missed a shot, thankfully. The pair ran to it, gunning down any infantry along the way. Things were not looking good. Siegfried had to act now.

"I'm not aware of the Admiral's position at the moment-" Siegfried replied before receiving a message on his coms.

"I see you boys found yourself more playmates than you can handle, allow me to cut them down to size," Blaine's voice came through. Siegfried looked up to see Blaine's pelican opening fire, the laser tearing through Wraiths and the explosions killing any infantry nearby. 

"How's the situation with the captive going?" Blaine asked.

"The girl isn't where we thought she would be. There's two more buildings to check," Siegfried replied, gunning down an Elite as he popped over his cover.

"Siegfried, they might glass the place," Hope reminded the Legionnaire. Siegfried ducked back down to reload and turned to look at the younger Spartan.

"No they won't. Not unless they're willing to destroy their base AND all their soldiers within it. The Storm is a ragtag group, no matter how large. Resources lost to them are resources that can't be easily replaced. I highly doubt they would glass their own base from orbit," Siegfried replied. The only way he was wrong was unless these soldiers were truly fanatical... But knowing the Covenant, anything was possible.

Siegfried opened up his link with the Freelancers.

"Agent Nine, come in. What's your situation?" Siegfried asked, opening fire on another Elite. They enemy was approaching, forcing Hope and Siegfried towards the entrance of another building.

While they waited for the Freelancer's response, Siegfried pointed towards the second building in the base.

"We go IN, it should protect us from the Wraith's fire until the Admiral can dwindle their numbers. That only leaves us with infantry to deal with. We'll have to hold them at choke-point, but it's better than being out here. If we're lucky, your comrade should be somewhere in there," Siegfried replied, making his way toward the building.

Last edited by Manny on November 17th 2013, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness January 31st 2014, 12:45 am

"Siegfried watch it," I said pulling Siegfried back before a molting ball of plasma landed in front of us, "ok, we check the other two buildings and get out of here, but if we find her don't ask how she got tied up. We really didn't get the best training, hell the best training I got was from a damn movie" 

We entered the building to a medium sized box and a few marines tied up. The smell was horrid it was like a animal barn.

"damn," I said popping off a few shots at the enemy "this isn't going so well"

The nearest wall exploded as the  wraiths blast hit, molting the metal. 

"Siegfried please tell me you have something to help us" I said pushing some ruble off of me, and popping off a few shots off, "cause I'm on my last clip and 3 shots on my sniper."
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John January 31st 2014, 1:02 am

Lucy aimed her rifle, and shut one eye, gently licking her top lip. She took another shot, and the bullet took the hat off of an elite, killing it in one shot. She adjusted her firing stance, leaning a fraction to her left to aim at a plasma battery. Within an instant, she'd fired, causing another purple explosion.

"Sigfried. This is Lucy. Spartan John has taken cover behind a burning Wraith, and is maintaining radio silence, since fighting his way out with that Wraith nearby would be too taxing. I'm causing some confusion to keep SOME of the enemy off of your back. Tell me your position, and if you need cover fire."

Lucy shook her head. She could see Nine giving him an appreciative wave.

"I will NOT be giving you close support." Lucy smiled a bit, as she searched for Sigfried and Hope. "To be honest, I'm pretty damn comfortable out here. One Freelancer stuck in close quarters is quite enough."

She could see Nine giving her a middle finger as she scanned over him. "Point that at me again, and I'll go over there and shoot it off, John." Nine lowered his hand.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 11th 2014, 10:51 pm

"We could use some help with the hunters uh..... Lucy was it." I said, as the three hunters closed, "there's a crate in here big enough for a couple weapons, and a few soldiers tied up."

I opened the crate and laughed under my breath. There were a few frag grenades and a strange rifle "hey siegfried I call not using the rifle" the sound of a large object screeched outside

"What the hell is that" I barked, as I looked out and realized it was the three hunters dragging their shields "so damn annoying"

I caught a bit of pink and purple, I nearly jumped toward it regardless the army but the sound of the hunters right at the door another plans "fuck" I yelped
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 12th 2014, 11:43 pm

Still within the second building, Spartan-333 was still formulating a plan in his mind. When Hope warned him of the hunters approaching Siegfried looked back towards the sound, grinding his teeth together. Hunters an open area was one thing, but Hunters in close quarters was an entirely different story. He had to get the two Spartans, and the tied up rebels, out of there quickly.

"Hope, help me untie the prisoners!" Siegfried ordered, motioning the younger Spartan to help him. Once the two were done, the rebel in charge gave his thanks.

"Oh man, if you hadn't come along when you did-"

"It doesn't matter what would have happened. It's not going to happen now, so let's move," Siegfried replied, searching through the medium sized box. Inside he found confiscated human weaponry, most of it typical outdated rebel weaponry. At this moment in time however, that was irrelevant. The Spartan loaded each rifle, grabbed some clips and threw them to his new comrades one at a time.

"Lock and load soldiers. Fight your way through this, and instead of being the UNSC's prisoners of war... the Legion may consider taking you in," Siegfried offered, grabbing the strange alien rifle Hope had not wanted. He looked at his SAW, before handing it to Hope.

"Take this, and my ammunition. I have more experience with alien weaponry, so I should be fine," The Legionnaire looked over his newly acquired Storm Rifle, checking to make sure it was fully loaded. He grabbed some extra ammunition for it, before hearing the sound of the approaching Hunters. 

"We need to move. Now," Siegfried ordered, leading the way through the rest of the building. It was a fairly brisk walk, with light resistance, and soon they had reached the other side.

"Freelancer Agent Five, this is Legionnaire 333. Hope, some freed rebels, and myself will be exiting the middle building from the south side, the side facing your position. We have hunters following us, and request assistance," Siegfried announced into his coms. As soon as the last word came out of his mouth, a pair of Hunters spotted them and began to charge.

"Out of the building, NOW!" Siegfried ordered as the Hunters picked up speed. The humans ran along, with Siegfried bringing up the rear. He would stop every so often, to engage the Hunters in a brief firefight before falling back again. He managed to wound a hunter in the "face", burning a few eels in the process. Unfortunately, his rifle was not going to be enough to keep the Hunters at bay. Siegfried fell back again, this time finding himself next to Hope.

"Hope, we have no idea if your comrade is this third building or not. I believe we can search it, but there is no guarantee we will find your friend. The enemy are closing in, and fast. The ship in the sky is no doubt going to glass a nearby rebel base, and the rest of the surrounding area as well. 

We need to make a decision, and soon. It doesn't matter what it is, but we need to make it now," Siegfried finished, opening fire onto another Hunter as the group of humans approached the final building.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r February 12th 2014, 11:56 pm

"Did someone call for a little backup?" Blaine's voice echoed throughout all friendly comm. systems.

His specially modified Pelican raced over head, as a small salvo of pin-point accurate, miniature Archer missiles honed in on the final Hunter. The ensuing explosion plastered the area within a five foot radius of the Hunter with nothing but pieces of worm and small chunks of metal.

"You'll have to pardon my absence, god damned good fer nothin' rebels tried to take me out when my back was turned." Blaine growled. "Just who the hell do they think I am?! Anyways, Infinity's picking up numerous Covenant vessels approaching swiftly. Infinity is doing what she can, but this situation is F.U.B.A.R."

"This whole planet is doomed. Ground team near the facility, if you've located the Spartan P.O.W., suggest you double time it to the LZ; located one klick to your north, Agent Five's current location.
    " Blaine barked.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness February 13th 2014, 6:30 pm

i stood in awe at the sight before siegfried asked the question "I saw her I just saw her" pointing behind the small army "we.... we....... don't have enough time" I sobbed looking at the far horizon at multiple ships.

The rebels shifted scare. I was torn between maliha or the whole team of spartans.

"Siegfried how far to the lz" I said shaking from sadness "we need to head out"
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 14th 2014, 11:48 am

Lucy shut one eye, searching the building for any hostile targets that might try to stab Siegfried and Hope in the back. "I've got you covered, but I can't locate Freelancer Nine." She growled, slightly concerned. "...I'm not leaving without him, whether or not you make it here first. I hope you realize that."

Husband or not, John would have stayed and waited for her, even with ships en route. She waited on one knee, looking for movement.

John, having been hidden behind a crate, peeked out, and waved. "Is it clear?"

Lucy rolled her eyes, breathing a secret sigh of relief. "You heard Blaine. Pull out. You're covered."

"It's about time." John stood up, mindful of his surroundings. "I don't have very many defenses against a sharpshooter, or a Hunter at long range. Never hurts to be careful." The Freelancer jogged towards Lucy, ready to break into a dead sprint. "Or a goddamn wraith. I'm pretty much limited to beating the shit out of aliens at close range. I should get a new gimmick..."

"No shit." Lucy hissed. "Hurry up."

"Fine, fine. Jeezus."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny July 18th 2014, 11:59 pm

Siegfried looked at Hope for a second, before nodding and accepting his decision. As a Spartan, it did pain him to see Hope have to make the decision to leave a comrade behind. These new Spartans may not have been trained the same way as the others, but they had been trained together... raised together. Leaving behind a comrade for a Spartan, no matter the background, was leaving behind family. As a warrior however, Siegfried knew it was the right decision lest it cost the lives of everyone else on the mission. The needs of the many outweighed the needs of the few.

For that, the younger Spartan had managed to gain some respect from the Legionnaire. The same could not be said for the Freelancer sniper, but rather the opposite. She had surprised Siegfried with her statement. Unlike Hope, she had allowed her emotions to cloud her judgement. He had not expected that from such a professional warrior.

"The Admiral said it's one kilometre north of our position. Look for Agent Freelancer Five's tag, she should be near it," Siegfried barked, breaking out of his train of thought and setting a waypoint for the rebels and Hope to follow. The rebels moved out, and Siegfried hesitated for a bit. He wondered if he should have comforted the younger Spartan... but sympathy was never a Legionnaire's strong suit. He began to follow the rebels but stopped once again before turning to face Hope.

"...It was the right decision. There was nothing else to be done," the Legionnaire replied before continuing on with the younger Spartan to the landing zone. There was sinking feeling in Siegfried's heart however.

He had failed the younger Spartans. He had not manage to bring all of them out of here alive. In true Legionnaire fashion, Siegfried hid his emotions and pressed onwards, shooting any aliens that came to close to the group as they made their way to the landing zone.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness September 20th 2015, 7:41 pm

I move after him my eyes looking through the brush of the trees and bushes, Keeping my weapon up I take in a slow breath to clear my mind and press on. Why is it the right choice to make when I could of made a difference, It does not feel right to just leave her behind in the enemy encampment. I shake my head and push the thoughts into the back of my head, I have to focus on what is going on right now, I can not have anyone die because of me being distracted.

I look around as we head out to the extraction point my eyes scan for an ambush point, my ammo would not be in a decent condition for a long out battle. The way leading up to the point we are to leave has enough blind spots, though what is more to the matter is if the ships actual plan on glassing the base. That is one of the main problems is the chance of that and being so close to it would not be good, The ones that came to get us or to just take out the illegal training would die due to me hesitating.

"where will me and my group go after we get out of here? There is still the chance of this place being glassed and if any of us are stuck here when it happens." I would glance around as I speak fingers tapping the guns grip slightly, my breathing slow as Branches snap under our boots.

(Note: I would indeed love it if we could end this in three posts or so, with them escaping)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 9:26 am