Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

3 posters

World Politics

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

World Politics Empty World Politics

Post  Manny February 21st 2013, 8:48 pm

Since most of the people I know aren't all to intrested in this, I decided to probe Database.

So, let's talk China.

People fear China invading the US. It isn't likely though, not with the situation as it is. BUT, what if China got a foothold in America (the OG America, everything from Canada to Chile).

Strangely enough China has been looking at countries left largely ignored by Western nations. Mainly Latin America. South America has been seeing steady economic growth at a rate that is faster than that of the US or Canada.

Based off news my mom watches, China has been making deals in Latin America. Specifically with those with the faster growing economies: Peru, Argentina, Chile, Brazil.

To add onto that, Latin American - US relations are "meh" right now. The Latin American countries have been creating organizations (pacts, alliances, etc) that exclude the US. Given the recent history as well (Cold War) I'm sure there is some friction between the two.

So if Latin America doesn't really trust the US, and China doesn't either, would they enter into a formal alliance? With the right investments, China could greatly aide the Latin American countries for something in return.

So do you think that China is using Latin America to gain American (OG America) allies? Then possibly set up bases, like the US does in other countries, to get closer to the US? What do you think?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

World Politics Empty Re: World Politics

Post  Bad John February 21st 2013, 9:29 pm

Nope. I don't think any major countries are really trying to change anything about the world.

If they did occupy America, they'd have a bunch of annoying Americans. Forever. dumb move.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen February 21st 2013, 10:41 pm

China would be stupid to attack America; not because I boast in our military, but because it would cause a sharp decline in the world economy. Plus, we practically made their economy what it is.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 22nd 2013, 1:21 am

Doctor Jensen wrote:China would be stupid to attack America; not because I boast in our military, but because it would cause a sharp decline in the world economy. Plus, we practically made their economy what it is.
    Well, at the moment, yeah.

But maybe that's why China seeks business partners elsewhere? To avoid this dependence on the US? Gather enough customers and I'm sure eventually they'll be able to chalk up the same amount of money as the one rich customer from before.

China's been to Africa to God's sakes. I guess they'll take any customers.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen February 22nd 2013, 1:26 pm

Can't say I don't agree with you. They'll invade us eventually, just not now. But, we do have alliances with like 90% of the western world. We're fine militarily.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 22nd 2013, 3:09 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:Can't say I don't agree with you. They'll invade us eventually, just not now. But, we do have alliances with like 90% of the western world. We're fine militarily.
    Well yes, the US if fine for the moment.

China and Canada have been getting pretty friendly though...
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 22nd 2013, 3:12 pm

Bad John wrote:Nope. I don't think any major countries are really trying to change anything about the world.

If they did occupy America, they'd have a bunch of annoying Americans. Forever. dumb move.

Latin America, when broken down into it's individual countries, are not major countries. That and they have some beef because of US actions (in Latin America) in the Cold War.

And I don't think any country has taken into account how annoying the civilian population of a nation is when invading.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content