Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» TWFF Btyes.
by Bad John November 10th 2017, 1:54 am

» Arrowheads
by Bad John November 9th 2017, 11:30 pm

» Sentinel; Invasion
by Shad0wChas3r November 6th 2017, 8:18 pm

» Writer's Roundtable
by Bad John November 5th 2017, 8:28 pm

» Origins: Reclamation
by Shad0wChas3r November 4th 2017, 6:27 pm

» Discuss Anything
by Manny September 12th 2017, 9:22 pm

» Global Defense Alliance Kaiju Dossier
by Impanther September 3rd 2017, 5:35 pm

» Final battle: Eyes of Noivern: Short story
by Impanther August 20th 2017, 6:21 pm

» New project trailer
by Impanther July 12th 2017, 7:32 pm

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 29 on October 1st 2013, 12:09 am

Halo: Sentinels (Off Topic Discussion)

Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Halo: Sentinels (Off Topic Discussion)

Post  Bad John on June 27th 2016, 5:36 pm

This is the sign up/planning topic for Halo: Sentinels; our official long term collaborative project running off of Database Canon.

For those uninitiated in the Database Canon, everything's relatively the same, except for a few things.

• Our characters exist in the story and influence events both outside the scope of the games and books, and oftentimes inside it, depending on the writer.

• The existence of two factions: The Legion, and the Freelancers. The Legion is a darker organization that gets things done in the name of humanity, no questions asked. They have their own agendas, but the general theme tends to be the survival of the human race. They act outside ONI's supervision, but are rather powerful, headed by Walter A. Law. The Freelancers are a more altruistic organization. Much smaller than the Legion, due to being a younger organization, they are a Paramilitary company run by Dr. Billy Jean Bailey. While technically mercenaries, they work with the Spartan Program and the UNSC to bolster relations with former Covenant races, and defend colonies outside of the UNSC's reach.

• The existence of eight reality altering humans created in the time of the ancient Human-Forerunner war; the Destroyers (also known as the Horsemen), and the Creators. The Destroyers include Walter A. Law (War, who leads the Legion), Death (I forget his name), Famine, and Pestilence. The Destroyers work with (and own) the Legion. The Creators are their polar opposite, Peace, Life, Bounty, and Health. The Creators were discovered recently by the Freelancers, and have started to work with them in order to serve their own ends and counteract any of the bizarre plots their brothers might cause.

I imagine the layout of this thing will involve both collaborative missions, solo missions taken on by characters and organizations, and story driven down time.

Some house-keeping regarding canon, I think Walter (War) KNOWS that the Creators are with the Freelancers, but he wants to bide his time and see what they do. The Freelancers are completely in Walter's pocket since Dr. Bailey admires him, and is indebted to him for supporting her bid to start the Freelancers. So, in general, I doubt the Freelancers and the Legion will ever truly be enemies, but they may come to blows regarding ideology, or if War tries to take the Creators back.

SO, sign on, share your thoughts, yadda yadda. I have a few plot and mission ideas, but I'm still workshopping them. I can't wait to see our revamped characters in action. For me, this seems like the fast-track to rebuilding our collaborative canon.

ALSO, see if you can't come up with a better name than "Halo: Sentinels." It's a bit of a placeholder name, and I'm not married to it.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Re: Halo: Sentinels (Off Topic Discussion)

Post  Shad0wChas3r on June 27th 2016, 9:03 pm

Death's full name is Daniel Swartz Krieg, or that's the name I've been giving him. I generally place him as a higher up in ONI, so that he can work in tandum with Walter for both the Legion and ONI's best interests.

I've also kind of viewed him as a more neutral party in regard to the Destroyers and the Creators. By this, I mean that he has clearly seen a lot in his time of immortality, as a being that is focused around the aspect of Death.

He doesn't entirely dislike Walter or the other Destroyers, however, I feel like he doesn't entirely agree with their plans/goals.

As for the sign up, I'll do a post after this one for Blaine's official sign up.

\\'Boyo\\'

Thanks for Reading!

Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on June 28th 2016, 9:07 pm

Noice. Good to have you onboard.

Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen on July 2nd 2016, 7:00 pm

I'm in as well. Should be fun. My computer's dying, so I can't do much now, but I'll post something later as well. Any idea what the story would be about at all?
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 3rd 2016, 2:18 am

Well, here's what I was thinking. The Infinity, being one of the few vessels that can hide from Cortana effectively, is too valuable to lose, so the actual defense of colonies against alien incursion falls upon a joint task force formed by the Freelancers, Legion, and the forces that the UNSC has to spare; a task force headed by War, coined Eiserner Wille (German for Iron Will). 

So, it will be a series of campaigns against opponents on multiple planets; the humans will be effectively "spinning plates." There will be a lot of ideological clashing between the Freelancers, UNSC, and War, and some light information wars between the two as Peace drives her loyal allies to dig deeper and learn more about who Walter A. Law really is. At the end of the day, though, they're all on the same side, since the situation is so grim.

My first idea for a campaign was in the outer colonies of the Elduros system, with the task force initially denying a Covenant splinter group access to the planet Aleria's resources, then engaging them in naval warfare in order to secure a base of operations. It's largely abandoned and blacked out, so it would serve as a decent base to lay low and plan the next move.
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny on July 4th 2016, 12:05 pm

WELL, time to do some serious catching up on Halo lore and then watch the Halo 5 campaign.

What do you guys recommend as essential material to get the most out of Halo 5's campaign? Even if it's something old, because there's a chance I might not have read/seen it yet.
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 5th 2016, 11:52 pm

Well, watching Halo 5: Guardians should catch you up well enough. I'd also read the novel Halo: New Blood. It grants some insight to what happened to Buck and his squad. Also think about picking up Shadow of Intent. It follows Rtas 'Vadum (Halfjaw) and features a vengeful, but sympathetic San 'Shyuum Prelate.
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 7th 2016, 12:50 am

Alright, here's how this'll go down for the most part; like how a book has separate chapters focusing on different characters, or how we've done Superhero collab in the recent past, we each post up chapters of decent length regarding our respective organizations and characters, which is followed up by someone else in a loose, adjustable order. Anyone who hasn't opted in is certainly free to do so; if you need to be caught up when we're too far in, just post here and one of us will give you a synopsis.

That sound good to everybody? Because I'm ready to make the first post.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r on July 7th 2016, 1:07 am

Bad John wrote:Alright, here's how this'll go down for the most part; like how a book has separate chapters focusing on different characters, or how we've done Superhero collab in the recent past, we each post up chapters of decent length regarding our respective organizations and characters, which is followed up by someone else in a loose, adjustable order. Anyone who hasn't opted in is certainly free to do so; if you need to be caught up when we're too far in, just post here and one of us will give you a synopsis.

That sound good to everybody? Because I'm ready to make the first post.

It sounds good, I'll need to do a quick character write up that'll share some of the new things of Blaine's character without spoiling my new time-line.

\\'Boyo\\'

Thanks for Reading!

Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny on July 9th 2016, 11:34 pm

...I'm going to need some time to catch up. I started watching the Halo 5 campaign (whole thing, gamplay included) but I had to stop and refresh some things (a.k.a. reread the comics).

So far, this campaign is brutal for anyone who only played the games, since it has so many holes if you don't look at other Halo media.

Then again, I'm pretty far behind in Halo lore in general. I need to read the new books, the last two of the Forerunner trilogy, and the last book of the Kilo Five trilogy.

I can still participate, but you'd basically be holding my hand through some lore.

Also, WTF happened with Jul? He was such a big bad in Hao 4/Spartan Ops, Escalation, and they kill him off so soon?
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 10th 2016, 12:15 am

His death annoyed me, but wasn't a huge surprise. Jul was never much of a fighter. Kind of a charismatic jobber, really. Here's hoping his death means we get a more interesting Covenant faction, like The Keepers of the One Freedom, or The Banished.

If you have any questions, ask away and I can fill you in!
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 11th 2016, 2:30 pm

A villain I've mocked up. Feel free to add to the roster. A Prelate is basically a Persian; my old San'Shyuum supersoldier idea. An author stole it in one of the new novels, so it's officially canon.

Name: Iga'Despinn

Species: San'Shyuum (Prelate Supersoldier)

Personality: Tense and stern, the near extinction of his race weighs heavily upon Iga. A San'Shyuum Prelate, he is rather young, compared to his seniors. Despite being of the prime breeding age, he was not interested in joining the breeding pool, and took pride in his voluntary place in the Roll of Celibates. He came to regret this after the war, when breeding age San'Shyuum were a rarity after the destruction of High Charity. He keeps his weaponry and armor in pristine condition, and wears tokens of felled targets on his body, including UNSC medals, the teeth of rebellious Jiralhanae and Sangheili, bits of chiten from Unggoy, and feathers from Kig'Yar. He rarely speaks directly to his underlings, preferring the company and council of his two Mgalekgolo bodyguards. He holds a deep hatred for Humanity and Sangheili, along with a suspicion of any species that aren't Jiralhanae and Mgalekgolo. Despite his rage, he will work with the species to further his goals.

Appearance: A San'Shyuum, he sports the characteristic long neck and slender limbs. He is fairly young, but his age shows in the deepening wrinkles on his face. He has green eyes, and stands abnormally tall for his species, a head taller than even some Spartans in height while standing fully upright.

Specialty: A Prelate, he was augmented by the Ministry of Preparation before the Great Schism. By lightly throttling his nervous system, he can match a Sangheili or Spartan in speed and reflexes. When pushing himself to the limit, he is a genuine danger to any who face him in battle. He can see, evade, and deflect bullet and plasmafire, and often uses his anti-gravity belt in order to avoid on-target ordinance that he can't swat away. His weapon preference in battle is a blade-tipped hard-light shield, along with a curved, specialized heavy-duty plasma rifle that spits red energy. With his shield, he can cleave through armor and flesh with casual ease. Even John-B069 would have genuine trouble facing him down in a one-on-one skirmish.

Like all Prelates, his power carries a weakness; stamina. If he fights for too long at his highest level of ability, he eventually succumbs to exhaustion, and even life threatening seizures or death. If he reaches this state in battle, he'll be effectively helpless for hours, requiring his teammates to defend and extract him from the warzone. In this state, he could be captured or killed with incredible ease.

During the destruction of High Charity, he manned his post and slew mountains of Flood in order to allow his people a fighting chance at escaping. He is one of the agents responsible for the survival of his species; a distinction he holds with great pride.

Armor Color: Deep black with blood red accents, with a pearly visor.

Armor Model: His armor, typical of a Prelate, has built in energy shielding. Lined with black plates and a slim undersuit with muscular looking metal sinew, it is built to compliment his abilities and protect him in a vacuum. The visor is pearl colored, and has a deep scratch from a near miss from an energy sword. His armor is covered in war trophies, but is otherwise clean and shining.

Preferred Weapons: Specialized heavy plasma rifle, weaponized hardlight shield.
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny on July 12th 2016, 12:43 am

Bad John wrote:His death annoyed me, but wasn't a huge surprise. Jul was never much of a fighter. Kind of a charismatic jobber, really. Here's hoping his death means we get a more interesting Covenant faction, like The Keepers of the One Freedom, or The Banished.

If you have any questions, ask away and I can fill you in!

...Who are those factions?
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 12th 2016, 12:47 am

The Banished aren't actually in Halo 5, or any current media. They're a faction in the upcoming Halo Wars 2. Led by Atriox, a disgruntled Jiralhanae who split from the Covenant a long time ago, they're a mix of Jiralhanae, Sangheili, Grunts and the like. They have a lot of crude looking tech, like Banshees and Wraiths made from rough brute iron like choppers, and Blisterbacks; six legged war machines that fire missiles and totally wreck land-based enemy vehicles.

The Keepers of the One Freedom are a Brute led religious faction that worships the Forerunners as gods. Interestingly, they have human members, some of whom act as soldiers, and some of whom act as the logistics officers and strategic thinkers, while the brutes are the muscle and religious leaders. They also employ Kig-Yar mercs as well just to swell the numbers.
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny on July 12th 2016, 12:38 pm

...Jiralhanae led factions?

Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 14th 2016, 11:31 pm

So, who wants to go next? These are just introduction posts until everyone currently present is accounted for, so no pressure to get the ball rolling. Unless you're comfortable with it, I'm down with handling the current scenario.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r on July 14th 2016, 11:59 pm

Name: Blaine Harlowe (Spartan One-One-Five)

Species: Human (Spartan Supersoldier)

Personality: Stern, yet understanding. Blaine has seen and experienced events throughout his numerous years of service under the UNSC that could scar even the most grizzled of men. At a young age, Blaine was a victim of child abuse at the hands of an Orphanage Handler who was a known allied Insurrectionist. This treatment led to his eventual departure from the Orphanage, after a fatal accident involving one of his fellow orphans.

His childhood treatment, and his faith in the righteous side of Humanity is the driving force behind why he fights. He doesn't fight for the UNSC's best interest, more so for the lives of the innocent. He distrusts and generally has a hatred for the Insurrection, but firmly believes in second chances for everyone.

As a Leader, he is wise and tactical. Due to his Spartan II training, he is loaded with tactical brilliance, and holds an air of professionalism, even if he detests being referred to as 'sir'. Most units under his command are generally impressed at his finesse and brutality on the battlefield.

Outside of combat, Blaine is naturally quiet. Normally, he will not speak unless spoken too. As a result, Blaine has also been known by others to be cold and unapproachable, though this is entirely untrue. When Blaine is approached by someone familiar, or seemingly friendly, Blaine can be very social.

Appearance: Standing at an intimidating 7'10'', Blaine is easily the tallest of the Spartan II's still in service. His face matches such intimidating features, with a wide/square jaw. A small cleft can be notice on his chin. His nose's bridge is slightly wonky, from numerous breakages. Two piercing icy blue eyes. Scar on left cheek, running from left cheek to right, across the nose.

Specialty: One of the UNSC/ONI's prized assets, Blaine-115 is a Spartan II Commando. Raised into a life of combat from the young age of five, he was augmented to become one of Humanity's finest soldiers.

Due to his training, Blaine is considered a jack of all trades, holding any weapon he can with respect and finesse. Though, when it comes to his personal approach to combat, he excels in mid-close range combat. When applicable, he will use his fists to deadly effect.

Armor Color: Dark Blue *left side of the site's background skybox*, with brick red highlights. A brick red 'loincloth' typically seen on a knight's hip is the highlight of the armor. The visor is black.

Armor Model: Mjolnir GEN II; Project ALALA. Blaine's Mjolnir GEN II armor, hand crafted by Doctor Billy-Jean Bailey, also referred to as ALALA. ALALA, named after the Greek spirit of the war cry, was designed after an armor concept Bailey located in Halsey's personalized journal, a concept made for Blaine. The design itself is a hybrid between a dragoon and a traditional style knight.

The beauty of Bailey's creation is the brick red cloth at the suit's hips. It is non intrusive, and does not seem to mess with the flow of the suit, but adds to the effect of the suit.

Much like the other armors crafted by Doctor Bailey, Alala was built with Blaine's combat style in mind. With a simple roar cry, the suit's experimental duo nuclear/bio-reactors would overclock to produce an energy surge. This temporarily boosts the over-shields in the suit, while also adding a slight boost to Blaine's reaction times and overall strength.

This highly experimental technology would occasionally cause Blaine's armor to lock up, but would be resolved after a moment to reboot. If used in a proper manner, it could potentially increased Blaine's reaction times and overall strength to a factor of ten above the standard Mjolnir boosts.

Preferred Weapons: Designated Marksman's Rifle, MA5D Anti-Personnel Assault Rifle, MD6C Officer's Sidearm.

\\'Boyo\\'

Thanks for Reading!

Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r on July 15th 2016, 12:01 am

Bad John wrote:So, who wants to go next? These are just introduction posts until everyone currently present is accounted for, so no pressure to get the ball rolling. Unless you're comfortable with it, I'm down with handling the current scenario.

Yeah sorry, it was my hope that I could get my newest iteration of Blaine's life up to a point where some of the things in this realm wouldn't ruin the surprise.

However, I hadn't found the time to get to it. I'll post in Sentinel's promptly after I post this response and read your post. I'll try to work around potential spoilers for my story, seeings how it is only an introduction, however, further posts will probably contain them.

\\'Boyo\\'

Thanks for Reading!

Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 15th 2016, 9:42 am

Solid post. Gonna toss up John-B069, for anyone unfamiliar.

Name: John B-069

Species: Human (Spartan-III Supersoldier)

Personality: Friendly, rhapsodic, dogged, and a bit goofy, he's well liked among not only the Freelancers, but veteran UNSC personnel such as Blaine, and even Unggoy and Sangheili combatants that he has met in his travels. He is often considered the "middle child" of his teammates, and tends to be the right-hand man of anyone in need of assistance; this tends to backfire, as he's very often dragged into situations he doesn't enjoy, or used as the fall guy when things go south.

Despite his comical nature in the social hierarchy, he is a disturbingly good fighter; he is the best in his group at hand-to-hand combat against alien species (Not against humans; Maura holds that distinct title). He enjoys combat to a degree, and is extensively skilled at taking apart Covenant species in close quarters. He is nearly fearless in a brawl, and is well practiced in several martial arts, which he viciously applies in battle.

Appearance: John has dark skin, brown eyes, and black hair. In terms of height, he is rather average for a Spartan III, which is to say a good deal taller than a normal human, but not quite as huge as a Spartan II. He has a rather relaxed face and demeanor.

He has several scars on his body, and a semi-circular one under his left eye, left by an incident in which his former SPI armor's visor shattered and cut his face.

Specialty: John-B069 is more warrior than soldier. He is extensively skilled in killing alien species in melee combat. His instincts, reflexes, and attacks make him damn near untouchable to the common Sangheili or Jiralhanae, despite their significant size and strength advantage. As fast and strong as any Spartan, he can break bones and snap limbs in mere moments. The first glimpse of his skill was during the assassination of a San'Shyuum target; the Minister of Penance. John bypassed and killed five honor guardsmen barehanded, stole an energy sword, and shore the San'Shyuum in half before he even knew he was under attack.

He has the base skills of any Spartan, and prefers pistols and submachine guns. He also has some talent with a Railgun. He isn't often asked to lead fireteams, but when he is, he puts squad safety above all else, leading the herd and using crisp signals to instruct his teammates on danger. When working with regular Freelancer soldiers, he tends to disable enemies then command his teammates to make the kill with their rifles.

Armor Color: Brown, with a black undersuit, silver accents, and a dark blue visor.

Armor Model: Mjolnir GEN2, ALKE

A one of a kind model created by Dr. Billy-Jean Bailey, ALKE is built for close range combat, a sleek profile, and blunt force durability on the hard points of the armor. It draws design motifs from three distinct sources; EVA, HERMES, and WARRIOR class Mjolnir. The helmet has a full shield visor with a band of metal around the top; a UA attachment to further reinforce the visor. The chestplate is smooth and simple, along with the thrusters, preventing probing fingers or claws from gaining purchase in close quarters combat. The shoulder paldrons are small and set low on the bicep, allowing flexibility in the shoulder region while striking or defending.

The suit compliments John's preferred attack patterns in CQB. The wearer himself says he'd never worn a suit like it; it's more an extension of his skin than mere armor.

Preferred Weapons: M7 SMG, M6H2 pistol.

Last edited by Bad John on July 16th 2016, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen on July 15th 2016, 4:17 pm

I'll go next. I'm currently writing up my character analysis for Moroni. So once I've finished that, I should be able to get something up today, I think. Keep an eye out. If I don't, by chance, get something up today, I can get my post out by tomorrow. I have the time, and I'm getting back into Halo, so this is a good time to do this, I think.

Also, feel free to correct me if I screw up on any of the lore.

Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen on July 15th 2016, 6:44 pm

Moroni B-079

Spartan III, Beta Company

Personality: Extrovert (with Spartans), ambivert (with others); Determined; Caring towards others; Deep Regard for individual life; Confused about aliens; he would like to like them, but years of fighting them has been hard on him. Kind; leads with compassion; professional. While he isn't as flippant as most people, Moroni tends to get close to people through his caring attitude and good listening skills. He laughs a lot, but doesn't make a lot of jokes. He's generally well liked, but does have a few enemies.

Background: Born in 2030, Moroni's family was killed in a Covenant attack. He didn't remember where he was born, but he did remember when his family was killed. Because of that, he asked to join the Spartan program when an interviewer found him on Chi Ceti IV. In his first "interview," the interviewer noted his love for his classmates and for people in general. When Moroni fought some people who were attacking his classmates, the interviewer saw something special in him, and told him yes.

Moroni progressed quickly, and eventually became a squad leader. However, he was viewed as a great asset to the UNSC and placed into the Headhunters program. In the Headhunters program, Moroni was in the top five percentile of Spartans. Time after time, he came home from suicide missions, dragging his partner home with him as well. Because of his excellent service record, he entered the Lone Wolf program. Again, he excelled. He served in over twenty lone wolf missions, assassinating key targets and taking down high security facilities, sometimes surviving on his own for weeks at a time.

Eventually, Moroni was placed back into a team with four other Spartan IIIs who had lived through the Headhunter program. They formed Spartan Team Zulu. They spent a year together before being sent on a particularly dangerous mission to stop the Covenant. On that mission, they were teleported to a previously unknown Forerunner world. There two of the Spartans on his team died, and one remained missing. Moroni has been planning to return for Allie, his missing teammate, ever since the mission. He takes the blame for their deaths and Allie's disappearance, which hit him pretty hard.

Desires: to settle down some day with his new family. Wants to become a firefighter on a backwater planet when everything is finished. He wants to marry Allie when all is said and done. Wants to make the Forerunners pay for what they did to his Spartan family.

Motives: Keep individuals safe; save Allie; complete the mission

Needs: Help others and keep them safe; become friends with others and help them; hone his skills to perfection.

Fears: That he’ll never become as great as the Master Chief; that he won’t be able to save the people he loves; that he'll fail and because of that, humanity will die.

Flaws: Indecisive when it comes to human life (whether to kill them or not). General dislike towards aliens; he wants to like the aliens, but is torn inside because of years of killing them. He tries to live up to the reputation of the Master Chief, which leads to some amount of depression when he can't live up to everything the Chief has done. He's also subject to bouts of depression when he fails to help save someone, especially those close to him.

Appearance: Skin is ghostly pale due to the amount of time he’s spent in his MJOLNIR armor. The first thing that people notice in him is his piercing green eyes. He has a buzz cut, and his hair is dirty blonde. He is short, at about 5’8”; however, in his armor, he stands at approximately 6’5” tall. Moroni has a lot of muscle on him, so he weighs about 250 lbs.

Weaponry/Specializations: Trained in all infantry weapon systems. Specializes in Medium range weaponry and CQC. Normally armed with an MA5K Carbine and an M6H pistol. He is highly efficient in his chosen fields, and has completed over twenty lone wolf missions because of that.

Moroni works well in a group, but he truly excels in a Lone Wolf situation, which is opposite his training, and his nature as well. But, results don't lie. Moroni has always worked better on his own due to his stealthy nature and quick thinking.
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 19th 2016, 3:19 pm

Good post, Jenson.

Manny, you good to go? If not, I could take a crack at a next post to get the action going.
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny on July 19th 2016, 10:44 pm

Hey I'll get on board this tomorrow. It should be an easier day at work, considering I literally did everything in my job description today just to avoid going home early. So tomorrow should be pretty light and I won't be so tired.

Fun fact: Manuel has a new suit by now. Achilles helmet, still debating on Fenrir or Achilles body. Possibly Fenrir since the body and the Achilles helmet have A.I. that apparently increase aggression in a Spartan.

One could see it as an irresponsible move by War, but he has enough faith in Manuel that no matter how "overboard" he may go that the success of the mission will always be his first and foremost priority.

I mean, if you're dying to go John go ahead. My intro post wouldn't be much anyways, since Manuel has retrograde amnesia, so I could jump right in with a post of Manuel entering/already in combat. He doesn't remember a lot of details about his life. At this point, all he clearly remembers are battles he fought in.
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 21st 2016, 9:37 pm

Jesus Christ this breaks my heart.

Anyway, fire when ready, Manny. I'll go next and kick off the battle.
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John on July 25th 2016, 1:14 am

In case I ever bring him into this, may as well make a sheet for Ripa.

Name: Ripa 'Tenebrose

Species: Sangheili

Personality: Direct, frank, and decisive, Ripa is relatively easy to communicate with. He isn't as warlike as one would expect a Sangheili to be. He's rather thoughtful, taking on risks and challenges with a level head and a cool demeanor. He is exceedingly bold, but despite his courage, he's very precise and methodical in his ways.

A poet and a deep thinker, Ripa concerns himself greatly with moral dilemnas and matters of the heart. He typically keeps those thoughts to himself, as his peers often either fail to understand him, or mock him for ruminating on such frivolousness. He is fiercely loyal to The Arbiter, believing him to be the one true future for the Sangheili.

Though he typically only says what needs to be said to get to the heart of a matter, he can be quite passionate when the right topic arises. He will wax poetic about old legends, war stories, or the thrill of battle and swordsmanship. He loves fencing and learning new styles and schools of thought to warfare.

He recently joined with a wife, Cal 'Ankara and is fiercely protective of her. Though she is rather frail by Sangheili standards, he's completely and utterly in love with her. She's borne him several sons and daughters, and dotes on him, constantly waiting for him to return from his assignments.

Appearance: A Sangheili of average height, he is in peak fighting condition. He has green eyes, dusty brown skin, and neat, straight teeth with smooth mandibles, traits that make him popular among women. He has a dark, nearly black scar over his right eye from a blow he took in battle.

Specialty: Ripa is a Ranger born and raised. He operates just as well in zero gravity as on land. An avid fencer, he is considered a master of the sword, using deft feints and defense to bait and enrage his opponent, then powerful swipes to cut them down. He also uses his energy daggers to great effect in CQC.

He favors the use of a plasma rifle during ranged engagements. Using his swordsmanship, he can easily use one as a lethal impromptu bludgeon in close combat. He is also quite skilled with a carbine at long distances.

He is an able boxer, and proved himself in battle when he fought a Spartan III (John B069) to a standstill, managing to injure the Spartan and drive him to retreat before being too hurt to continue himself.

Armor Color: Silver with prominent red accents.

Armor Model: Ripa utilizes a refurbished, older model Ranger combat harness (Halo 2 Remastered). The wings at the back function as a thruster pack on land, propelling him farther than a typical jump. The armor has remodeled internals and improved armor plating, bringing it up to par with current armor standards. He completely forgoes active camouflage; though other elites tend to dislike him for it, he views active camo as dishonorable, and only wields it when absolutely necessary for an operation.

His armor is a metallic silver, with prominent red trim to mark his status as a Sword of Sangheilios.

Preferred Weapons: Modified Energy Sword (Ravening Sliver), gauntlet mounted energy daggers, plasma rifle.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is November 18th 2017, 10:28 am