Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

4 posters

Superhero Collab

Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Superhero Collab - Page 4 Empty Re: Superhero Collab

Post  Manny May 5th 2016, 10:40 pm

Indeed. I took a few days with mine so no rush. We all have lives outside Halo Database... right?
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 6th 2016, 1:08 am

Yeah, I was just checking up my brothers. No rush my friends.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 6th 2016, 11:22 pm

Same with any of my posts in collabs. If there is something you need me to edit, sans a grammatical error, let me know.

For whoever goes next, it's not as bad as I made it out to be. Bad, but it's not that bad.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 7th 2016, 4:07 pm

I have mixed feelings about your post Morgan. Not because anything was bad, per say, but rather it opens up possibilities I hadn't considered with Al and I'm not sure how to advance.

For starters, I had never considered any limbs being pulled off Al. He's supposed to be able to withstand missiles and tanks head on, hell he could take a punch from Superman and keep on kicking (although at that level it'd probably still deal damage due to the sheer kinetic energy behind the punch).  The most I had ever thought of was one Demon slicing off the limbs of another, like Al did to the "angel" in the original, and then the limbs go back to their human state once severed.

With Karma pulling Al's tail off, I'm not sure how to feel. On the one hand, the Demon shouldn't be able to be pulled apart by such conventional means. On the other hand, you could easily argue that Karma took the incredible strength of the Demon and doubled it, so when she did pull off the tail she was already at Demon like levels of strength. I suppose that explanation would fit the best.

There's also the possibility of Al regenerating his tail but I don't want Al to be so OP that when he does get terribly injured he can just regenerate. However, Humans don't have tails, so unlike his other limbs that part is fully part of his cloak. Therefore, if any part can regenerate its probably that one.

What do you guys think? I'm a bit stumped. I feel that the explanation behind Karma being able to pull off Al's tail accounts for both their powers and does them justice. I also feel that Al's tail being one of the few things to regenerate (was also thinking about the elongated part of his head) is reasonable. I guess I'm just looking for a second opinion.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 7th 2016, 4:53 pm

Well, consider this, Manny. Karma can do twice the range of a the person that attacks them, right? So she would be doing the damage that a Demon can do. Morgan correct me if I'm wrong l, here. But assuming I'm right, that basically makes Karma a Demon, power wise.

You could always edit it, but that explanation seems to make a lot of sense.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r May 7th 2016, 5:32 pm

Manny wrote:I have mixed feelings about your post Morgan. Not because anything was bad, per say, but rather it opens up possibilities I hadn't considered with Al and I'm not sure how to advance.

That's why I put it out there that I'm willing to edit it. I didn't want it to seem too OP on Caitlyn's side.

="Manny"]For starters, I had never considered any limbs being pulled off Al. He's supposed to be able to withstand missiles and tanks head on, hell he could take a punch from Superman and keep on kicking (although at that level it'd probably still deal damage due to the sheer kinetic energy behind the punch).  The most I had ever thought of was one Demon slicing off the limbs of another, like Al did to the "angel" in the original, and then the limbs go back to their human state once severed.

I actually used this idea with inspiration from the original fight between Angel and Demon. Also, Caitlyn didn't actually rip his entire tail off, just a decent chunk, perhaps an arm's length. Considering how big the Demon is, I wouldn't argue that the tail alone is five feet or so long.

Manny wrote:With Karma pulling Al's tail off, I'm not sure how to feel. On the one hand, the Demon shouldn't be able to be pulled apart by such conventional means. On the other hand, you could easily argue that Karma took the incredible strength of the Demon and doubled it, so when she did pull off the tail she was already at Demon like levels of strength. I suppose that explanation would fit the best.

The reasoning I chose was the fact that the blow itself could have been near fatal. Doubling the intensity, something had to come from it. If the Demon could rip the limbs off of the Angel, someone with the strength of the Demon should have little issue doing it as well.

Diamonds cut Diamonds, after all Razz .

[quote="Manny"There's also the possibility of Al regenerating his tail but I don't want Al to be so OP that when he does get terribly injured he can just regenerate. However, Humans don't have tails, so unlike his other limbs that part is fully part of his cloak. Therefore, if any part can regenerate its probably that one. [/quote]

I personally don't think it'd be entirely OP that Manny's tail could regenerate. Hell, with the complexity of the suit, I think limb regeneration would be a given. Perhaps it could hurt like hell and take a while to take place? The suit could fashion a new limb, almost like a tube grown limb in sci-fi films that can be transplanted.

In this scenario, however, Human's don't have tails *like you said*, so it shouldn't have damaged Al considerably, other than the trauma that the Demon experienced being shared internally. It's your character, and I don't want my actions to force you to change anything about him.

Manny wrote:What do you guys think? I'm a bit stumped. I feel that the explanation behind Karma being able to pull off Al's tail accounts for both their powers and does them justice. I also feel that Al's tail being one of the few things to regenerate (was also thinking about the elongated part of his head) is reasonable. I guess I'm just looking for a second opinion.

As said above, I don't think it's entirely overpowered that Al's suit could have a regeneration ability to it. As a type of symbiote, it would do whatever it took to make sure it's 'host' survived, so I can see non-fatal regeneration as being a likely thing.

If nothing else, allow him to regenerate the tail. That's my thoughts on the matter, but we'll see what the others say. I hope this hasn't caused too many issues.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Doctor Jensen wrote:Well, consider this, Manny. Karma can do twice the range of a the person that attacks them, right? So she would be doing the damage that a Demon can do. Morgan correct me if I'm wrong here. But assuming I'm right, that basically makes Karma a Demon, power wise.

You could always edit it, but that explanation seems to make a lot of sense.

You've hit the nail on the head. Her power is to absorb the energy from both physical and energized attacks, and knock it back with twice the intensity and speed as it was originally delivered. Of course, most people don't fight at their strongest in the beginning stages of a fight, otherwise you'd tucker out before the second punch was thrown.

One could say that the amount of time Caitlyn's spent fighting Demon while the others were planning to attack gave her time to absorb a considerable amount of the energy.

Take this video for example, each time a player strikes the ball, it intensifies increasingly with each strike. Now imagine that Caitlyn is the ball, and the player(s) is/are her enemy(s). The more times Caitlyn is hit, the more energy energy she absorbs from her attackers, which allows her to continue the fight longer, also allowing her to hit harder and faster each time.

Edit: Saw Manny's response: Good! I'm glad that I didn't cause any discrepancies. I'm also glad that it didn't serve a problem to the story. I'd hate to be the Spud of this Collab.

Last edited by Shad0wChas3r on May 7th 2016, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 7th 2016, 7:00 pm

Not at all Morgan! I was just making sure my explanation for Karma doing what she did made sense (I.e. Diamonds cut diamonds), and Al's tail regenerating didn't seem absurd.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 7th 2016, 8:49 pm

Just make it like a lizard. It doesn't regenerate other stuff, but the tails.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 9th 2016, 12:23 am

All right, Manny, do you want to go now, or do you want me to go?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 9th 2016, 2:14 am

Chilling with the fam for mother's day.

You can go next if you want. I feel you might know best how to have Dragoon not totally be part of the team yet. Other than that, the fight would be more or less the same from both of us I guess.

I would imagine, once on the island, Al would be kept in solitary confinement though. Probably in a room underground with thick metal walls?
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 10th 2016, 10:24 pm

Alright, I'll work on something buddy.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 16th 2016, 11:27 am

Hey guys, just an update. I just moved into an apartment so I've been swamped, but I'll have the next part done soon.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny May 16th 2016, 4:03 pm

Did you move out with friends or your family just moved? Just curious.

Anyways, depending on how far you've gotten, I could help you out with your post. Maybe write up a bit of the fight before they bring Al down or something. It's up to you, but like I said, you know best how to keep Dragoon from joining the group immediately.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen May 16th 2016, 10:31 pm

I just moved in with my brother and some of his friends. I'm transferring to a new university.

I could use your help, actually. I haven't really written much. Write what you can and I'll finish it up.

Thanks so much.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 7:32 am