Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

4 posters

Superhero Collab

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Superhero Collab - Page 2 Empty Re: Superhero Collab

Post  Bad John April 21st 2016, 7:36 pm

Quick refresher, what exactly ARE Lucifer's powers? I recall him being able to output energy that's on the level of nuclear power; that would make him a colossal threat to Jo, since the bruiser could completely incinerate him if so inclined. I also recall him being able to store and re-distribute any type of energy, even kinetic force (I.E., hit him, and he can no-sell the attack and send the force right back into you).

Also, minor note, I came up with an alias for Jo; Roach. Neither he nor Saffore came up with the moniker; it was derived from the fact that he's incredibly hard to kill, and during his early days as a vigilante, he wore a communications band that had  a pair of antennae that jutted from his forehead, along with a black jumpsuit with brown accents. The media found footage of him, and he was seen surviving a sixty meter fall and skittering off to safety. Thus, the public referred to him as "Roach" even when he was given a better, less obtrusive headset.

In battle, he wears a black beanie that has a pair of small, triangular plugs on the sides that monitor his vitals. He also sports a black jumpsuit similar to modern day Movie Universe X-Men suits. Across his chest and torso, there are two horizontal brown lines that resemble an = sign. He also wears a pair of sunglasses that give him a small HUD, similar to Beta. They stream visual and audio data back to Saffore and her mission handlers.

Like any "superhero," he has a small following of people who support his actions. Some wish he would go further in both directions; there are people who want him to kill all Meta-Humans on sight, and there are some who wish he would tear down the corrupt government and officials who support killing Meta-Humans on sight.

In a small section of Crisis City, in an urban area, there's a massive mural with his likeness on a wall in an alley, left by a Banksy type artist who appreciates his efforts; it's him bleeding and giving a thumbs up, with the words "Come Back STRONG" written underneath. To those who appreciate what he does, and have seen him come back even after lethal damage, he's a memetic symbol of endurance in the face of impossible odds.

The authorities wanted to paint over it, but there was a backlash so significant that it was left up. Occasionally Jo visits it to think when he's stumped and needs to come up with a plan.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Superhero Collab - Page 2 Empty General Plot Points

Post  Manny April 22nd 2016, 3:31 am

So, more plot talk... This first part is based on the assumption Dragoon can hide his symbiote like Spider-man could, so it technically isn't off.

Alejandro and Dragoon could simply bump into each other on a busy street, and Al could be knocked into the adjacent alley due to Dragoon's strength. Al might say something as simple as "hey" to which Dragoon might irrationally take offense to and try to pick up Al or hit him. At that point Al could transform and the fight would be on.

I suppose Jo would show up, as would Samson and Morgan's character (Karma). Samson I picture doing so for the same reason as the last time; no one else has powers like his to fight the demon. Likewise Karma may think that, but she might also simply be hit by the Demon on accident and then attack. If I recall correctly, originally she would only attack when attacked by another person and usually hit twice as fast.

In terms of brute strength, Al should be the strongest and be able to land quite the beating on Dragoon. He should also be able to simply outlast Karma due to his incredible pain tolerance; so even if they trade blows and hers are stronger Al can simply shrug them off. Jo would annoy Demon the most, because it wouldn't be expecting a normal looking guy to survive most of its attacks. Jo's unexpected durability might could cause the Demon to focus on him, somewhat neglecting the others. It might be Al underneath, but the Demon more closely resembles an animal when fighting. Therefore it can make some questionable decisions at times, relying on its sheer strength and pain tolerance to carry it through.

In terms of defeating it, I suppose the heroes would have to hit it hard and hit it fast. Basically, they'd need some well coordinated teamwork to hit the Demon multiple times without giving it a chance to recover, no matter how short. Additionally, if the Demon were to stumble upon some electrical wires in its ramage the electrocution could seriously weaken it. Finally, we could have Al not be in the best physical condition due to being homeless for a few months; which could bring the Demon's stamina down as well.

Farther down the line, these were some concepts we had discussed regarding the original H&D.

Initial Arc:

After the initial arc there was a small arc planned with one DEMON called "Behemoth" that was meant to be "the end of the beginning" according to John in the original discussion thread.

Behemoth Arc:

There was also another arc I had planned for Al, somewhat like his own story after the collab. Eventually I brought it up because such an arc would likely spark some sort of response from other metas. I suppose the working title is "the ANGEL arc".

ANGEL arc:

Bad John wrote:Quick refresher, what exactly ARE Lucifer's powers? I recall him being able to output energy that's on the level of nuclear power; that would make him a colossal threat to Jo, since the bruiser could completely incinerate him if so inclined. I also recall him being able to store and re-distribute any type of energy, even kinetic force (I.E., hit him, and he can no-sell the attack and send the force right back into you).
    That was pretty much it; he can absorb any source of energy and turn it into another. The guy produces enough energy to power entire countries, and as such can unleash electricity, fire, or even his "nuclear energy beams" off the bat in a fight.

I also had an idea where Lucifer does have a more bestial form to him, resembling some sort of dragon humanoid. Among the Seven Princes of Hell, only Al and Lucifer use very human looking forms instead of their bestial ones but Al suppresses his demon while Lucifer has seemingly mastered it. This difference between Al and Lucifer explains the massive gap in power between their human forms, but Al's bestial form can close the gap.

One weakness that Lucifer has, which is common across all DEMONs, is a weakness to other DEMONs. Attacks from one to another tend to go through and hurt as much as if the exoskeleton wasn't there in the first place. To give a more concrete example, Al could literally impale Lucifer in the stomach with his claws and Lucifer would fully feel it. A punch from Lucifer to Al would result in Al feeling the full force of like any other meta. I have yet to decide whether such attacks can draw blood, but the sensation of pain is not dulled when one DEMON attacks another.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 22nd 2016, 6:58 pm

Dragoon isn't able to hide his symbiote. It's always there, so it's a real big problem for him. However, he can cloak (though it starts to drain him of his energy and then his life force), which allows him to stay hidden. But, when he's out in the city he might be unnerved by Alejandro and his primal instincts cut in. They then fight and everyone comes together.

In addition to his cloaking ability, Dragoon also has two extra arms created by the symbiote. He has full control of these limbs.

I really like the Behemoth arc. We moved from being introduced to a number of the lower level criminals to trying to understand what's happening with the DEMON program (as well as with these criminals). Maybe there's some sort of connection there. Maybe the villains are trying to destroy the DEMON program because even Lucifer doesn't like the idea of it. But, this leads the heroes to investigate the government very carefully. Someone just makes a small error, which leads to disaster, and the government finds Saffore's group. Meanwhile, Dragoon's not going to be there, so maybe he can come in and help out. Come to think of it, I want him to find out something important about project Demon, or Lucifer's squad--just something important about the main storyline.

I feel like that would be a great beginning to our story, unless we have anything we want to put in between the introduction, the fight with the low level criminals, the researching of DEMON, and the infiltration of Saffore's base. Anything you fellas want to fit in there?

Would we put the angel arc into the main story? I'm totally fine with it, as long as they play an important part in the story. So, really, I think we just need an overall story arc. We know that Lucifer wants to have a Meta-human/mutant government. The humans are fighting agains all the meta-humans. So I'm thinking, there has to be some sort of puppet master that's controlling all of this for his own purposes.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2016, 1:27 am

Ah ok; I wasn't sure on if Dragoon always looked like a meta or not. If Dragoon attacked Al out of nowhere, which I think you're suggesting, it would certainly give Al a reason to transform.

As for the Behemoth arc, further research would reveal the origins of the project, the process test subjects were put through. Let's just say that not all subjects survived, and there are other lesser DEMONs about. Behemoth is almost at the level of a "prince"; but others are not. I suppose a dossier detailing all these DEMONs could be found, prompting Saffore's group to try to and reach the few who Lucifer has not recruited.

As for Lucifer and co ... they would certainly be angry about having been put through hell, and certainly would be trying to seek some measure of revenge. However, they are mostly angry about the government trying to control them like puppets and so refuse to bow down. The rallying call about metas is started out as a practical way to gather support from powerful individuals, but eventually Lucifer saw their plight and started a struggle for justice.

Their end game could be discovered by Dragoon after Lucifer rescues Saffore's group. Maybe one day he cloaks and hears Lucifer telling Al about his vision of the government being kept in check by metas, preventing them from acting against the interests of everyday people by force if necessary. Al himself would keep quiet about the subject, unsure about how to react since he found himself agreeing with Lucifer. Therefore, Dragoon could bring this to the attention of the group and from there they'd know what kind of people they're dealing with.

The ANGEL arc could commence sometime after Lucifer is defeated, perhaps at a great cost. The failure to capture Saffore's group, general ineffectiveness of regular military and police forces against metas, and the sheer destruction Lucifer caused might finally push the government to unleash project ANGEL. At this point, human and meta relations reach an all time low with ANGELs regularly executing lesser DEMONs in public. This would cause Lucifer to surface again with even greater fury, and Saffore's group would find themselves at odds with the government.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 23rd 2016, 2:00 am

Idea for Lucifer's backstory.

Lucifer's "Demon" was untaken at first; by nature, it absorbs energy and redistributes it, so when the agency creating Demons tried to apply it to a normal human, it would absorb latent energy through anything and kill the person; things as small as footsteps and room temperature heat would be stored to the point that the human inside the demon would be broken to pieces and burned alive.

Lucifer was the perfect candidate because he was a meta-human, with the power to store and redistribute kinetic or heat energy. A noble man of good noble clarity, he developed his powers and used them to make and operate cheap generators for underdeveloped countries, giving them power for refrigeration, farming, light, water filtration, and other essentials that help them improve their quality of life. The government assailed Lucifer, and though he put up a considerable struggle, he was taken in.

He saw the hell that the government puts Meta-Humans through; remains of dissected metas, or ordinary people who they tried to make metas out of. They turned him into a monster by giving him the Lucifer demon, and he vowed to put a stop to the unjust government that allowed these atrocities, no matter the cost; the edification and freedom of the people ALWAYS has a cost, even if the blood of the innocent or ignorant must be spilled.

If called evil, he doesn't object; he accepts the label of evil because he's seen what passes for good in this world of confining concrete, oppressive gunmetal, petty distraction, and hidden powers cloaked by shadow. Millions of people concerned with social media or petty everyday decisions, while the Military Industrial Complex steamrolls the downtrodden, and punishes innocent people for their gifts.

The weak will inherit this shallow world. The meek will rise from the ashes. With Meta Humans as their vanguard, the people will take back the world they deserve.

I imagine Lucifer has a certain catch phrase for the world at large; a battle cry to the government when he comes calling.

"You owe us."

Ahem.

Just spit-balling here. Anything worth using?
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2016, 3:42 am

Most of the stuff you said seems worth keeping to me, John. I didn't know Lucifer had a Demon, though. How did I miss that? Anyway, I like how you've made Lucifer actually seem like a good guy. He really helped people, but after being experimented upon he has a bitter taste in his mouth, which causes a hatred towards the government. I like his motivation there.

I dunno about his catch phrase though. If he's diluted enough to think that the government owes all metas because some of them have been experimented upon, I think it'd work. Other than that, I don't know.

So, it's looking like Lucifer is going to be the main villain. Or at least, he seems like the main villain. I was just thinking though, maybe the creator of the DEMOM project could be the real main big bad guy. He'd be like the puppet master. He's someone that has been influencing Saffore's, Lucifer's, and the government's actions. Perhaps his motivations could be a little more simple. He has some religious beliefs that metas are supposed to get rid of normal humans and create a far greater race of super powered individuals. To get there, he's been causing chaos among the three groups, and is doing everything he can to turn Saffore's group against the government.

So, what say we get this show on the road? Just each of us can write a post or two and start her up. I know that I always get inspiration about the future of the story when I write about it. I still need to write out my character's synopsis, but it would also work if I just wrote the first post. Is there anything you guys imagine happening early on in the story that you want me to include (if I write the first post)?

I think there are a few more kinks to figure out (like a list of the main villains), but I think we could start with, at the very least, the first battle between Al, Samson, Karma, Onzi (Dragoon), and João.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2016, 10:07 am

I get that most super hero stories have a main bad guy, but I don't know if we need a puppet master pulling all the strings behind project DEMON, Lucifer, and Saffore's group. I mean, sometimes, bad things happen in the world because people make those choices.

I personally think it would be better if Lucifer, Saffore, and the government all made their own choices of their own free will. I feel like having a puppet master makes all these people seem like pawns unable to control their actions. Removing the puppet master means the government is solely responsible for their actions, good or bad, as are Lucifer and Saffore. I personally prefer the latter because as much as we wish there was some big bad guy who was responsible for all the bad in this world... the reality is we only have ourselves to blame.

Last edited by Manny on April 23rd 2016, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2016, 1:20 pm

I mean, I suppose that makes sense. I just feel like the story doesn't have as much of a strong plot as it could.Maybe the puppet master isn't the right direction, but we need something that really glues it all together. I guess that's what I was going for.

I agree that it's about personal responsibility, and I like that. So maybe we just need something that makes it come together. Maybe we need to work on someone's motives or something. I dunno.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2016, 3:33 pm

I think the idea of arcs allows us to have multiple villains act as our "glue" for certain periods of time. Marvel has a ton of story arcs, and not all of them have the same big bad (even within the same hero's comic series). In people's lives they deal with different things at different times, some overlapping but others not (i.e. childhood, school, puberty, possibly post-secondary and grad school, work, retirement, etc).

Likewise cinematic Captain America as a character who is dealing with a lot of things; sure Thanos is the BIG bad guy but lots of stuff unrelated to him happened as well. Captain America had to deal with HYDRA and then SHIELD, both tangentially related to Thanos by trying to use one of the infinity stones (i.e. the Tesseract). Then he had to deal with Ultron, a creation of Tony Stark and now among his fellow heroes; both of which are not related to Thanos. The only movie we've seen Captain America be involved with something that was directly initiated by Thanos was the first Avengers.

I agree that we need something to really hold the story together, all I'm saying is that the adhesive not be the same thing every time. Time will pass, villains come and go, heroes take their own paths, villains return, etc. I think it's only natural that the focus of these character's lives change, much like Captain America's focus changes because there are new threats.

This has to be executed well though, or else we risk having it collapse during transitions. It's implied that in between arcs the characters are going about day to day business, whatever that may be at that point in their lives.

A common theme we could have is that many of the villains are the creation of society; whether they be experiments, outcasts, marginalized, or extremists of an ideology. So, in that sense, human events in the world (e.g. war, crime, poverty, terrorism, etc) lead to creation of a meta's agenda (e.g. revenge, justice, etc). So, the glue that keeps everything together is humanity's imperfect condition and the vicious cycle of conditions that produce villains which then further contribute to the conditions that made them. The only difference between a meta and a regular human is that they have powers. You could only imagine what ISIS would do with superpowers; but their motivation would still be the same.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2016, 3:44 pm

Oh, so then it'd be like comic books? I kind of got that feeling that that might be the case. If that's the case, then I'm perfectly fine with that. We'll just be writing a bunch of short stories, then. I suppose using the word Arc would indicate that. Anyway, I'm down with that. I feel like doing it like that would give us a better chance of keeping the story going. It actually makes a lot of sense to me now.

Should we all get started then? I can write a post introducing Onzi, and then have him start the fight with Al, unless anyone has any objections.

Oh, and a sidenote here. I think that Onzi would be pretty well known by the government, so Saffore would probably recognize him during the fight.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2016, 4:04 pm

Doctor Jensen wrote:Oh, so then it'd be like comic books? I kind of got that feeling that that might be the case. If that's the case, then I'm perfectly fine with that. We'll just be writing a bunch of short stories, then. I suppose using the word Arc would indicate that. Anyway, I'm down with that. I feel like doing it like that would give us a better chance of keeping the story going. It actually makes a lot of sense to me now.

Should we all get started then? I can write a post introducing Onzi, and then have him start the fight with Al, unless anyone has any objections.

Oh, and a sidenote here. I think that Onzi would be pretty well known by the government, so Saffore would probably recognize him during the fight.
    Well comic book arcs last quite a few issues... so I'm not sure if they're really "short". Maybe like short novel? I dunno, we'll see.

I suppose you could start with the setting of Crisis city and Dragoon's reasons for confronting Al. Al would look like a regular human, but his clothes would likely be faded and worn out. You could start off the fight as well, since you have a little experience writing Al's Demon in a fight (in the original H&D). It'd also give me a chance to know Dragoon better when I need to post and continue the fight. I'll let you know if anything needs editing, or you could PM me whatever you have and I can take a look.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2016, 4:26 pm

True. They're not exactly short. Novelette might be the word we're looking for.

Before I start I'm going to post Dragoon's character profile, which I've been writing today, so you can know what he's like and what makes him tick. Then I'll start writing it.

Also, do we want this arc to focus more on Alejandro? What we could do is, with each arc, focus more on a specific character. What do you think about that? I think it'd be a good way of giving each of our characters a moment in the sun.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 23rd 2016, 5:21 pm

I'm not sure since I think the main focus should be the group learning to work as a unit in the beginning. Al's fight serves to showcase the raw power each hero has, before learning to refine it.  

After the little initial arc, perhaps the events after the Behemoth arc start to focus a little more on Al. Then things will definitely focus on Al after the Princes of Hell (i.e. Lucifer and Co) appear; with the shocking surprise that Al is the missing Prince of Hell (i.e. Satan) that Lucifer was looking for.

In the original H&D we had Alpha and Terra Co as potential villains, so the plan was to have arcs come and go in bits. So instead of the typical one arc after another, issues with Alpha would pop up and maybe issues with Lucifer could occur before the team could "permanently" deal with Alpha. Without those, all I really got is the DEMONs, the ANGEL arc, and Al leaving to join the government. I'm not sure what else you gentlemen would like to add.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 23rd 2016, 6:19 pm

There are plenty of other arcs we can add in the future. So I think that's fine. I'll start thinking up some stuff we could possibly do in the future. If we had Alpha, I assume we would need beta in there as well.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 24th 2016, 12:20 pm

Hey boys, I'm at church, but I'll have that post out by 1 or 2 MST.

EDIT: It's done. Late, but done.

Last edited by Doctor Jensen on April 24th 2016, 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 24th 2016, 10:21 pm

Good stuff Jensen. I liked the "I. Kill. You." part. I hadn't thought about it speaking in full sentences but those periods made talking seem unnatural for the Demon. That fit perfectly with it's level of intelligence. It can understand human speech, it just doesn't care for the human way of doing things. Thus, it acts like an animal most of the time, even if it can show moments of higher intelligence.

I guess I'm up to bat. It'll be up late tomorrow, since I'm visiting family right now. If someone else wants to join in, be my guest. I'll adapt.

Last edited by Manny on April 25th 2016, 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 25th 2016, 1:44 am

John, I really like João as a character. The humor was amusing, and you were able to add an element to my character that I hadn't thought of. That being, his brutality can be almost humorous. Specifically, when he punches João, I thought that was pretty hilarious. Good stuff.

Looking forward to Manny's post.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 25th 2016, 4:38 pm

Two new guys for Team Lansing; a pair of twin Meta Humans with relatively non-offensive powers.

Publisher; Evan Quincy Thompson, a 16 year old boy with the ability to read memories and current thoughts upon skin contact. He uses this ability to peruse memories and gain important intel. He can also bring memories to the surface, allowing the person he's "browsing" to recall information like it was happening at the moment. He's an artist, and is rather gifted with a pencil and paper; this makes him very useful at recording the appearance of people that a witness has seen. He's about as strong and fast as an athletic 16 year old, so, like her sister, fighting is completely out of the question.

Editor; Devanie Charlotte Thompson, a 16 year old girl with the ability to implant memories and drives into a person's psyche upon skin contact. She can't view memories like her brother, but she can temporarily mind control someone if she gets a hold of them. If she weren't so vulnerable, being a physically ordinary human, this would make her a damn fine combatant.

With their abilities combined, they can effectively view and "steal" memories from people. On a few occasions, villains and political rivals have come across Saffore's secret; that she's training and funding Meta Humans to fight. João subdued them, allowing Publisher and Editor to switch up their memories.

Humorously, Editor likes to leave a childhood memory of her petting a dog in the place of vital information. A villain frantically tries to remember what was so important (I.E. that Saffore is in league with João and the Rockettes), and all they'll come up with is a weird memory of a little girl's hand petting an excitable puppy.

João and Saffore only call them in when they can absolutely assure their safety. They both want very badly to help out, but they're just not up to the task due to their age.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 25th 2016, 5:34 pm

I like the idea of meats with non-combat roles. It makes them seem more human, as a collective, and indeed not every meta would have powers that directly aid in combat.

I'll be working on my post in bits and pieces until I can get home later tonight. Expect it to be up real late, or technically super early tomorrow (1AM-3AM)?

Some more info about the Demon...

This video has the sound effects from the Jurassic Park series, which I feel fit the sounds I imagined for the Demon the most.

It's screech is mostly that of the T-rex. It's roar is more so like that of the Spinosaurus.

It's growl is that of the Indominus Rex from Jurassic World, more so in this scene than anywhere else:
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 25th 2016, 7:59 pm

Oh, Morgan. Quick note on your chapter.

Good work in general, but regarding the setting, it was night when the fight started.

Regarding João, solid portrayal, but one of the things I go for is the disconnect between his in fight banter and his almost disturbingly formal note taking. When speaking to those present, he's almost Spider-Man-esque in terms of his manner of speaking; rather informal, but with a slightly annoyed edge. When he takes his notes, it's like a doctor dictating notes about a patient. Very cold, formal, with very rare personal input.

Dictating; "Target displays acute fear when faced with edged weaponry or sharp corners; I'm unsure if broken glass will do it, but I intend to test that theory on my next attempt to subdue him."

Banter; "C'mon, are you even swinging at me? You couldn't hit the broad side of a warehouse like that kind of punch. You fight like a blind man!"
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 25th 2016, 8:27 pm

Also, Jo isn't nearly as strong as Demon!Al, or Dragoon/Onzi. Though he has superior strength to a human by a country mile, it isn't quite on their level. He mostly deals with stronger enemies through skill and careful application of leverage; and even then it's to buy time until he thinks of something smarter than just wailing on the opponent.

Rather than kicking the Demon through a wall, he'd use hard attacks to bait the Demon into swinging wildly, go for a takedown, and apply a limb-lock or something that doesn't require pure brute force. His advantages over Al come through speed, reflexes, skill, and careful application of the strength he has.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 26th 2016, 3:02 am

One more thing before I go the hell to sleep; I have João's first onscreen "death" planned. Won't be played for laughs, since the cast is aware of his healing at that point, but aren't aware of the extent.

During a particularly difficult and grueling battle, he manages to hold a particularly determined and powerful villain down, knowing he doesn't have the strength or gadgets to disable the brute, and he's too exhausted to think of any workable plan.

He realizes Al has the strength to deal a knockout blow, but Al, in control of the Demon, can't stomach attacking him with Jo at such close range. Jo baits the Demon into going berserk. The Demon cuts Jo's head off, and deals a decisive blow to the villain in question, defeating him. Everyone thinks Jo is dead, but Saffore's forces calmly collect João's body and take it in for "repairs." It'd be a real shock to see him alive and recovering after having his head cut off, that's for sure.

He has the scar across his neck for the rest of the series. There are several such scars on his body from other lethal blows he's taken. Each death leaves a dark mark; at this point, after dying four times and having limbs removed, he looks like he looks like a patchwork without his uniform on.

Things between him and the others are tense for a while, since it was a colossal dick move on his part; he and Al are friends at that point, and killing Jo weighed heavily on him in the moment. Finding out he's alive would be a relief, but I imagine Al would be understandably upset that Jo not only upset his control over the Demon in order to win, but he forced Al to kill one of his only friends.

It'd certainly call trust into question.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 27th 2016, 11:03 pm

Manny, where are youuuuuuuuuu?
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny April 28th 2016, 1:03 am

Doctor Jensen wrote:Manny, where are youuuuuuuuuu?
    Manny, Manny, dude, Where are you?
    We've got some work to do now!

Manny, Manny, dude, Where are you?
    We need some help from you now!

Come on, Manny dude, I see you
    pretending you're not online

But you're not fooling me, cause I can see
    the one frequent guest online.

You know we've got a cool collab to write so Manny dude,
    be ready for your act!
    Don't hold back!

And Manny dude if you come through you're gonna have
    yourself a
    Manny Snack!
    That's a fact!

Manny, Manny, dude here are you,
    You're ready and you're willing!

If we can count on you Manny dude,
    I know we'll catch that villain!

But for real though, I apologize if my story writing skills are pretty rusty.
    Doctor Jensen
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Doctor Jensen April 28th 2016, 1:08 am

You played that off really well. I'm impressed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 2:08 am