Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
Bad John
Shad0wChas3r
6 posters

Operation Toreador (IC)

I_IRONMAN_I
    I_IRONMAN_I

Operation Toreador (IC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Operation Toreador (IC)

Post  I_IRONMAN_I October 30th 2015, 1:17 am

Unknown Space
    Unggoy Capital Ship "Righteous Faith"

Life was bustling about aboard the 1.4 km long vessel. It was an usual breed of Covenant-type starship. It referenced the model of the SDV-class heavy corvette heavily, but it several defining features. There was an energy projector turret emplacement that ran about the body of the vessel, represented by glowing cyan lines. It had at least twelve light plasma and four plasma turrets that covered each side of the ship.

The inhabitants of the ship were even more unusual. It was that they were all Unggoy. These were not your average grunt, as well. These grunts held morale equivalent to that of those in the legendary Grunt Rebellion that nearly crippled the old Covenant.

Aboard that ship was a brave 'family' of Unggoy; Kayap, Popad, Dawjaw, Kadab, and Kadap. They incited the independents of the grunts, and proved themselves worthy among some of the Sangheili. One Sangheili had even humbled himself to help the grunts prosper. N'Jero was his name, and he himself had been rescued by the grunts during the Great Schism. Of course, he tended to himself, as any elite would do. Medical personnel were the lowest of their kind, and being operated by one was a worse kind of sin among his kin.

Kayap, the leader of the new Unggoy empire, had always found that sort of thing to be completely strange and unreasonable. He even asked, exasperated by N'Jero, 'What you mean dishonorable? You get healed quicker and you get to go back out a fight again!" N'Jero denied the logic, telling the grunt that he just simply did not understand Sangheili culture. Kadap considered that cultural idea, 'A big pile of dunflap.'

Now, the infamous creatures were now patrolling this sector of space. The rest of their fleet was in another star system awaiting for confirmation that this sector was safe. Of course, Kayap, or rather more Dawjaw's idea of safe was, 'If there enemy ship that we can explode easy, then star system safe.' Kadab couldn't agree more.

"High Deacon! Detecting signal!" a voice squeaked inside the atrium of a bridge. Kayap lifted his resting head and hopped off his anti-gravity chair. N'Jero was not far, and followed the Unggoy to the black-armored communications officer.

"Explain." Kayap simply said, staring at the various glyphs that appeared upon the holographic screen.

"Signal coming off planet. Various types. One forerunner, one human. His designation S-052, Jorge." The grunt said.

"Jorge? Jorge..." Kayap looked out at the stars, with N'Jero watching him think curiously, "Oh... The human who destroyed the... Supercarrier? I think... I think that him."

"...And the forerunner signal seems to be intermingled with a Covenant signal, too. I think it one of Jul's stupids." The grunt spat.

"Well well. It appears that we may have operations at hand, Kayap. What is your plan?" N'Jero crossed his arms, staring at the glyphs.

"We see what's happening." Kayap walked back to his chair and sat upon it, "Navigations, take us to signal. Keep us at distance far as possible, but close enough for a scan."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 6th 2015, 6:12 pm

"Then let's," Manuel agreed with John, as the Spartan III led them into the next room. The Spartans followed him, keeping their designated formation. So far, nothing... and nothing was usually not good. Either there was a massive force elsewhere, or the enemy had left. The group continued down various halls and rooms of varying sizes until finally the ascended some curved ramps. At the top, the found a door that led them to the outside.

They were on a large platform, and upon further inspection Manuel noted three pillars with a glowing middle portion.

"I believe those are the cables that hold this gas mine in place. Why such a place is unguarded is a mystery to me," Manuel said, looking around. What he was looking for where the faint silhouettes of Elites with active camouflage. Perhaps this was an ambush,  and if it was there they would mostly likely surround the Spartans.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 12th 2015, 9:51 pm

As John stepped into the room, a hostile tag immediately pinged on his HUD. Some handing on the vaults of the ceiling, and some gripping pilllars, the Brutes released a powerful war cry. "PROTECT THE CABLES! The station must not fall!" One roared loudly as brute shot rounds suddenly began flying.

John, thinking quickly, activated his Hard Light shield, protecting himself and anyone behind him from immediate arm. However, he suddenly felt a sharp heat on the small of his back, as the weight of the shots shorted out the device, causing it to malfunction. "Shit," the Spartan cursed, moving into the open and tearing the conduit off his back. He'd been in the field a lot lately; it had probably taken damage on a previous op, and gone unrepaired due to his own negligence. Now, he was paying the price, stripped of the useful device.

However, the fleet-footed Spartan had decent skill at simply dodging the brute shots. He sprinted, avoiding an echoing blast at his heels. He leapt and rolled, drawing his submachine gun and opening fire on one of the brutes. As they were clinging to the ceiling like bats, they were largely unable to take cover or maneuver. His shots hit center mass, the shimmering power armor of the brute minor taking too much damage and eventually popping. Peppered and bloodied by caseless ammunition, the brute fell, landing with a wet, bloody impact.

There were still several in the room; at least ten, and all equipped with power armor, from the looks of it. One of them clenched his fists, and with a mighty roar, he leapt from the vaulted ceiling down towards John. The Spartan leapt backwards as the brute landed, his golden armored fist putting a dent in the metallic floor. As John rallied, planting his feet, the brute lurched forward, telegraphing a haymaker. John moved out of the way like a blur. The brute turned and threw another punch, and John lifted his arm to gague the distance and guide the blow out of his way. The Spartan and the brute engaged in hand-to-hand, the Spartan simply dodging or redirecting each blow.

The Spartan moved out of the way of a particularly strong punch, and as the brute overcommited and passed him, John stepped into his blind spot, throwing a shot of his own; a simple, powerful chop to the brute's back, damaging and compromising his power armor. As the brute's shielding failed, he turned to see John hop and throw a knee into his snout, bloodying his face and nearly knocking the brute unconscious. John took a sideways step to gain a bit of momentum, jumped, and swung a powerful heel kick, plowing through rows of teeth and shattering bone. The brute fell to the floor with a thump as John skillfully landed and rolled towards a small ledge. Vaulting off, he landed on a lower level of the room's multiple platforms, taking cover from vengeful brutes who were nonplussed with seeing their ally slain by a demon.

Name: John B069
    Health: Sorta pissed that Manuel was right about the ambush thing, and his Hardlight Shield just broke. Other than that, not bad.
    Weapons and Ammo
    DMG SMG: 18/20 Clips
    M6C: 15/15 Clips
    Jorge's Pistol: 15/15 Clips
    Grenades: 2 Frags.

Ordinance Utilized: One clip of DMG SMG ammo. Hardlight Shield Compromised.
    Enemies Terminated: 1 Jiralhanae Major, 1 Jiralhanae Minor.
    Total Kills: 12
    I_IRONMAN_I
    I_IRONMAN_I

Post  I_IRONMAN_I November 14th 2015, 12:30 am

The Righteous Faith
    Two hundred thousand kilometers from the planet surface

"Lord Deacon, airspace dangerous, any suborbital attempts be subverted by big surface guns. Too dangerous for ship. Me suggest either bombardment or small scale invasion."

"Sire, forces comprised of remnant and promethean constructs. But also detect some human signature."

"Humans are already setting an incursion upon the forces below? Most burdensome. High Deacon, I would suggest we leave the system. We have no need to mingle with human affairs." N'jero spoke.

"No. N'jero, stay on the ship, me and me brothers will go down. This is something that concern me." Kayap grunt, jumping down from his gravity chair.

"Kayap," N'jero rested a hand upon the shoulder the grunt's shoulder, "Be wise, don't get trapped, captured, or the like. If it happens, we will attack that base and relinquish you from them."

Kayap knew what that would cost, in hindsight. He would have to be careful, as well as his brothers.

=====

"What you meeeaannn? Why me no carry big big gun into fight?" Kadab cried out.

"Because you alert the whole dang base you doorflap!" Kadap retorted as he readied his equipment and weaponry. "Oh me big Kadab, me blow up bad guys, me alert all the bad guys, and me send us all into a hell hole because I have fetish for exploding things!"

"Shut up! How about you?! With your probes and stuff? What you gonna do? Probe their butts to death?"

"Silence you bickering idiots!" Dawjaw growled, "Kadap, take plasma caster. Fuel Rod Guns are too loud, especially for what we're doing."

"Fine." Kadab said as he pulled the weapon from the rack.

"Did you seriously give him plasma caster..." Kadap muttered.

Popad walked into the scene brandishing his Unggoy Carbine. It functioned identically to the average carbine, only that its stock was slightly shorter to accommodate to the unggoy's size. "Operations Phantom ready."

"Woo! Let's kill bad guys! Save the humans' hairy butts!" Kadab squealed. Unbeknownst to the rest of the squad, the grunt stuck a concussion rifle with him in the midst of the pre-battle cry. As well as a few extra grenades.

Kayap was already aboard, speaking with the pilots and deciding their landing point. It would be a few kilometers off into a wooded area. Provided, it was most likely where the humans may have landed or adjacent to it.

The four grunts waddled on the phantom dropship and Dawjaw grunted, catching Kayap attention. Dawjaw nodded, and Kayap tapped the shoulders of the pilots, "Mission ready. Let's go."

=====

The phantom raced through the atmosphere, cloaked. The pilots were well aware of patrols that were most likely passing through the skies, as well as the anti-air emplacement. They were treading as quickly and as carefully as possible. Of course, being pilots for the band of brothers, these pilots were truly skilled in their work. The phantom slowed and paused over an opening in the canopy and opened its gravity lift. The grunts passed through and touched down.

The first words that came were from Kadab, "Aww maaaaan, we gotta hike all the way there..."

Squad report (minus Kadab):
    Name: Kadab
    Health: Normal... and crazy
    Weapons and Ammo
    Plasma Caster: 5/5 Magazines
    Concussion Rifle: 5/5 Magazines
    Grenades: 4x plasma grenades
    -----
    Name: Kayap
    Health: Normal
    Weapons and Ammo
    Unggoy Carbine: 4/4 Magazines
    Type-25 Plasma Rifle: 5/5 Charges
    Grenades: 2x plasma grenades
    -----
    Name: Popad
    Health: Normal
    Weapons and Ammo
    Unggoy Carbine: 4/4 Magazines
    Plasma Knife: *infinite?*
    Grenades: 3x plasma grenades
    -----
    Name: Dawjaw
    Health: Ready for battle
    Weapons and Ammo
    "Storm" Plasma Rifle: 5/5 Charges
    Plasma Sword: *infinite or 100%?*
    -----
    Name: Kadap
    Health: Feeling Techy
    Weapons and Ammo
    Duel Needlers: 6/6 Magazines (12 total)
    Plasma Knife: *infinite*

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 8:41 pm